PDA

View Full Version : Saturn OP war tournament?

Clownst0pper
27-03-04, 22:33
What would people of saturn think to an OP war tournament?

Roughly here is what ive figured, any faction can enter, and each clan within the faction has to choose 5 players. Any classes, makes no difference, they then have to attack an OP, while one defends, and then swop over once everyone is dead.

Best out of 3 *if it should come to it* goes through to the next round, and the next OP location, eventually there will be two clans left fighting for a big prize <insert big prize here>

What are your thoughts on such a thing? I think it might be fun :D

Im going to outline it 100% tonight, and post it tommorow, really wanting some feedback from people with what they would like if its to go ahead

TheGreatMilenko
27-03-04, 22:53
no PPU / Stealth and it would rock

Clownst0pper
27-03-04, 22:54
Im limiting to only 1 ppu per team allowed, which will mean alot of work for the PPU, and in a sense, keep it balanced.

Im also going to disallow parashock, any PPU's or players using it will be removed from the competition.

TheGreatMilenko
27-03-04, 22:58
bah i want all out war PPU makes it no fun

ezza
27-03-04, 23:23
nice idea, just as long as you got a op you can use;)

doubt my clan will be going as not really got many fully op war capable people, but its good idea, be nice to see

edit: see i have a sig again :D

Possessed
27-03-04, 23:27
Or you could just have all of the teams of 5 fighting in the op at the same time, all vs all. Been done on pluto a few times, hella fun.

Biznatchy
28-03-04, 00:08
So you need 3 hackers one ppu that means one main combat char. Maybe you need more then 5 on a team.

steweygrrr
28-03-04, 00:32
Um read the post people. It doesnt say anything about hacking, just attacking and defending, a red team vs blue team thing.

Lanigav
28-03-04, 01:16
Me likey.

ProfX
28-03-04, 01:24
t3h win tbh

Phobos

Strathus
28-03-04, 01:41
sign me up!

TheGreatMilenko
28-03-04, 01:48
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PPU it ruins the fun

Doc Holliday
28-03-04, 01:53
yeah sack the ppus off. then it will be 4 tanks and a pe with a group shelter. that will definitely own.

Gestra
28-03-04, 02:11
Disalow parashock.

yes please lets make a fucking skill less tournament.

How about disallowing the cursed soul, holy antibuff and judge. For a bollocks reason as well?

TheGreatMilenko
28-03-04, 02:14
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
yeah sack the ppus off. then it will be 4 tanks and a pe with a group shelter. that will definitely own. \

pe cant use group shelter ...

Doc Holliday
28-03-04, 02:16
Originally posted by TheGreatMilenko
\

pe cant use group shelter ...

nah your right they cant. rofl. thats why i mentioned it. go check back again basic shelter. theres a group option. u should have a look.

Kenjuten
28-03-04, 02:18
PE or Spy, Milenko? ;)
EDIT: Actually, one sec, lemme look for myself
Edit2: The only typical way a PE can't use Group Shelter is when they wear Powerarmor....which isn't so bad a minus. Dest Forte, or go without a PA. Otherwise, there's no good way to utilize Group Shelter...lest you use rare PSI drugs or use the crappy PSI drugs..
Sleawer, if you're reading this, my vote on Dest Forte now lies on 99.5% instead of 99%. :)

Gestra, leave your bias out of this. Please.

We (meaning the community and you) already had huge enough conflicts on the idea of parashock elsewheres, I'm not interested in a rehash, and I'm not interested in seeing this interesting idea become swamped by another hijack-type-thread, willfully or not.

Gestra
28-03-04, 02:55
Its not my bias. Its the bias of the thead starter. Parashock is skill to use and fight against. Its adds a dimension to the game.

Also one ppu per team is suck. 2 ppus 3 fighters is a stronger combo than 1 ppu and 4 fighters.

Having a tournament with lots of bullshit rules is sucky. I mean say no to parashock. But dont mention shit buffing of characters with tl3 heals etc.

Its just the bias of the people unskilled who whine against parshock.

Scikar
28-03-04, 03:05
It takes skill to hit someone once with an instant aim weapon? Even a noob APU can manage to hit a target once with a spell.

And it takes skill to press a key on your keyboard? I think you overrate skill Gestra.

Psycho Killa
28-03-04, 03:09
Scikar you must not be playing the same game as me. Do you know how many years of practice it takes to hit someone with parashock. Im disapointed in you, even you should know the painstaking process of mastering parashock.

O and deparashocking. My thats a whole new ballpark my friend. You know how hard it is to keep a 70 rof anti para spell under control. If your not careful it can be a matter of life or death. Not to mention these anti para drugs. You have to be careful with them. One wrong button and you may be taking a stamina booster instead of anti para!@!!

Scikar
28-03-04, 03:13
My God you're right! And all this time I thought skill was being able to hold a lock on someone with a Liberator, or win a 3v1. I never thought of how much more difficult it must be for those PPUs to stand there and cast parashock at people. I mean, you have to hit people a whole ONE time for full effect!!

Gestra, I wish I could pop antishock pills with as much skill as you can.

Cyphor
28-03-04, 03:13
Originally posted by Gestra
Its just the bias of the people unskilled who whine against parshock.

lol :lol: have you played a char bar a ppu? As a ppu it takes no skill to para, as a fighter it takes no skill to hit a para'd person, as a person being para'd it takes no skill to fill your qb with drugs and finally give up when you run out of drugs from the spam. I use para for one thing and thats to annoy my enemies mainly because they para me or those im with, it is one of the worst "features" of the game and needs to be removed. For many classes (the ones that take skill to play ;) ) its their speed that is the majority of thier defence if people cant hit them its because they have been out skilled why should a weapon completely remove their abilities? Go play a pistol spy in combat or a melee tank in combat while constantly being para-spammed and say your being beaten by "superior skill" :lol:

HumphreY
28-03-04, 03:20
Lets have an all-star-fight :)

One group of the best players BD/TT can get and one consists of the best ones from other factions. So it's balanced :p

Hey, why not setup two leagues. Neocron City Conference and DOY Wasteland Conference with playoffs and Super Fight as final :D

ey yeah. Winner takes all ops :lol:

Gestra
28-03-04, 03:21
lets see.

Parashock. You need to stand still to cast it. Slow ass rate of fire. Massive mana usage.

Perhaps play a ppu. It is not fucking insta aim. It is really easy to miss target a person running around at full speed. Its easy to miss once or twice, there goes an entire mana pool.

Why not remove poison, After all anti poison and anti drugs are there for that might as well remove it.

Nothing like a fucking ignorant biased tank. To claim monks have a magical aimbot.

Doc Holliday
28-03-04, 03:23
lets see.

Parashock. You need to stand still to cast it. Slow ass rate of fire. Massive mana usage.

Perhaps play a ppu. It is not fucking insta aim. It is really easy to miss target a person running around at full speed.

When not remove poison, After all anti poison and anti drugs are there for that might as well remove it.

Nothing like a fucking ingnorant biased tank. To claim monks have a magical aimbot.

can u say para halo. they said remove all parashocks. your the ignorant one if u think they just mean holy parashock. how many monks switched to the halo cos of better rof and lower mana........

Possessed
28-03-04, 03:25
Gestra... you must be a shitty PPU....

Especially if you think that para is that important... heal, s/d, longs, hell even db should come before para in a fight.

Gestra
28-03-04, 03:25
Meh para halo is shit. The freeze effect on it seems to be far to random, Some times it freezes other times you can run about on full speed with it cast on you.

I use para beam seems to give the best trade off for mana use and freeze effect.

HumphreY
28-03-04, 03:26
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
can u say para halo. they said remove all parashocks. your the ignorant one if u think they just mean holy parashock. how many monks switched to the halo cos of better rof and lower mana........

Well many. However, it still pays off using holy para. Once hit, tanks play turrets.

Gestra
28-03-04, 03:29
Originally posted by Possessed
Gestra... you must be a shitty PPU....

Especially if you think that para is that important... heal, s/d, longs, hell even db should come before para in a fight.

Yes yes, you have seen me fight all I do is para.

Guess what a good ppu does all things you mention, including anti posioning and anti para'ing team mates ,single use spells being the best since they dont help the enemy and also parashocks and damage boosts the enemy.

And para'ing an enemy tank can be as important as healing a teammate tank it is all situation dependant. So perhap not talk bollocks about what is more important, since it all changes dependant on the situation.

Cyphor
28-03-04, 03:32
[BParashock. You need to stand still to cast it. Slow ass rate of fire. Massive mana usage.

Perhaps play a ppu. It is not fucking insta aim. It is really easy to miss target a person running around at full speed. [/B]

:lol: Try aiming a libby and say you have to aim para, or any gun for that matter, you have no retical, imense defence so standing still for a second doesnt cause major problems (and you can move abit although fairly limited), mana usage is still enough to spam it if you time your boosters right you can pretty much go constantly. As for playing a ppu I play one as my main on both pluto and Saturn, para does take very little skill, healing and shielding etc in busy fights can be more tricky mainly because compared to a fighting class hitting the wrong person can cause a major change to a battle so you have to make sure you get it right every time, however when it comes to para it takes no skill and needs to be removed.

As for hittign a moving target o_O what do you think the classes with reticles have to do when their fighting each other, thier constantly having to hit chars that are moving fast, not just once with para but constantly with a reticle, that takes skill and practice.

Kenjuten
28-03-04, 03:39
Alright, we've had our quarrel in this thread. If you really want, take it to a new thread or bring back the several that have already been made.

On topic: Maybe if the Saturn version goes well, maybe we can coordinate one for Pluto, like Dokemon was. ^^ I mean, okay, Pluto seems to already have this sorta thing, but lets make it more coordinated, ya?

Also on topic: Winner takes all ops is a fair idea I think...on Saturn anyway..

HumphreY
28-03-04, 03:39
Originally posted by Cyphor

As for hittign a moving target o_O what do you think the classes with reticles have to do when their fighting each other, thier constantly having to hit chars that are moving fast, not just once with para but constantly with a reticle, that takes skill and practice.

Well guns have a much broader focus. You can easily track and hit someone with a CS, Dev, Judge even without the reticle being closed completely. With a CS you can even hit a stealthed spy by shooting at the area near the cloud.

Compared to that the area of focus for spells is quite small. It's definitely not such easy to click hit a moving target. You have to follow the target for at least1-2 secs. It's quite easy to lose it.

Psycho Killa
28-03-04, 03:40
Gestra whens the last time you played a non monk in an op fight or a scituation where you where parashocked constantly?

Might be all shits and giggles for you as a ppu but for anyone not playing a ppu parashock is the worse thing in the whole entire game of neocron.

Now come on comparing poisin to parashock is completely and utterly fucking rediculous. One damages you slowly over time and another slows you to a crawl and nerfs your moust sensitivity into the ground. WOW THAT SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME!

Also you attack Scikar for being a biased tank?? What about me I share the same exact view as him and I have had a ppu for WAY over a year. Yet you completely ignore the fact that someone who has played a ppu for a long time has an opposing view to you. Nice way to attack his post without any relevant facts yet ignore others posts.

Originally posted by HumphreY
[B
Compared to that the area of focus for spells is quite small. It's definitely not such easy to click hit a moving target. You have to follow the target for at least1-2 secs. It's quite easy to lose it. [/B]

1-2 seconds uh... I must just be a god then because I have no problem hitting anyone with parashock. The only problem I have when targeting someone with a spell is other people running infront of me as I click the button forcing me to shelve my spell before it affects them instead.

It definately takes alot less skill to hit someone with a spell then a weapon and I have played both styles extensively.

Kenjuten
28-03-04, 03:42
Humphrey, the difference is spells don't have to wait to lock on as per the dictation of the weapon recticle, but you lock on by your own will. That aspect is skill, I will grant that much. But it's still the same skill involved as coordinating with a weapon to get a lockon.

It has been established that neither the effects of Para or the aftereffects of Para is deemed skill. The skill aspect lies in locking onto a target....which is the same with all weapons.

Enough, guys. Let the thread come in peace.

Gestra
28-03-04, 03:47
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Gestra whens the last time you played a non monk in an op fight or a scituation where you where parashocked constantly?

Might be all shits and giggles for you as a ppu but for anyone not playing a ppu parashock is the worse thing in the whole entire game of neocron.

Now come on comparing poisin to parashock is completely and utterly fucking rediculous. One damages you slowly over time and another slows you to a crawl and nerfs your moust sensitivity into the ground. WOW THAT SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME!

Quite alot tbh. My PE carries 20 anti shock drugs with him all the time. I fucking hate being para shocked when I am on my PE, annoys the fuck out of me. But I get on with it. Rather than constantly whinging like hell about it on the forum. I want a decent game with different possibilites combos and tactics. Rather than the bull shit taming down of pvp that people constant whine about and moan. Get some skills against rather than constantly whining about it.

Psycho. it took you long enough to change your mind about ppus. The class no longer fun for you? I mean you never at all whined about how over powered PPU's where when you and your tank pet where running around killing mass groups of people at once.

HumphreY
28-03-04, 03:51
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
1-2 seconds uh... I must just be a god then because I have no problem hitting anyone with parashock. The only problem I have when targeting someone with a spell is other people running infront of me as I click the button forcing me to shelve my spell before it affects them instead.

Some PPUs on Saturn are definitely close to be gods. So why shouldnt you be one as well? Some people simply have skill and can always successfully target the right person during a 20+ op fight at close range.

Originally posted by Kenjuten
It has been established that neither the effects of Para or the aftereffects of Para is deemed skill. The skill aspect lies in locking onto a target....which is the same with all weapons.

Point. Nothing to add.

Originally posted by Kenjuten
Enough, guys. Let the thread come in peace.

Ok, back to topic. So what about disallow everything. Just two teams fighting with bare fists? :D

Capt. Rik
28-03-04, 03:52
Yeah, i'd be interested is sorting out a team from my clam

DM me (Capr. Rik) if it goes ahead

Clownst0pper
28-03-04, 03:52
As it is my event there is no personallity in the organised OP wars if parashock is included, in the lower TL holy parashock you honestly cannot move.

As I have quoted, honest improvements are welcome, being negative and honestly being part of the mainstream.

As I say, the majority of information will be posted tommorow, enjoy it then!!!

Lewis!!:angel:

Psycho Killa
28-03-04, 04:08
Psycho. it took you long enough to change your mind about ppus. The class no longer fun for you? I mean you never at all whined about how over powered PPU's where when you and your tank pet where running around killing mass groups of people at once.

No I find the class fun, I would find it even more fun if ppu's wherent so damn needed. Can't say one line in clan, faction, or occ without someone begging me to help them level/farm mc5/kill people/ op fight. Ppu's I dont think are overpowered they are OVERIMPORTANT.

Certainly you didnt see me running around complaining about ppu's because hello there was only like 2 other ppu's in the game at that time :rolleyes: so the problem wasnt as obvious as it is today.

I can still run around and kill mass amounts of people with my "pet tank" just the same as I use to be able to and I still think that ppu's are a problem. Just the fact that you mentioned I could kill mass groups of people doesnt alert you to the fact that something is wrong?

/Ive derailed this thread enough I quit. If you want any more responses from me you will have to start a para thread.

StrongSad
28-03-04, 04:36
Do you know how many years of practice it takes to hit someone with parashock

Tell me man. Must be at least 5.... maybe 4 if your uber.
Give me a break. :rolleyes:

@Gestra....if you want more fierce pvp, take the ppu out all together. Not practical, but a healing class by no means makes combat better.

As for the event. I say lets do it!!!!!
Although cartel will probably just be lame and ruin the event....:o

Biznatchy
28-03-04, 04:57
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Um read the post people. It doesnt say anything about hacking, just attacking and defending, a red team vs blue team thing.

Then how is this about OP battles. Fighting op battles has a mixture of protecting the hackers as much as killing the enemy. You may indeed kill the other guys on the team but if they get your ppu and main hacker then well its game over. (well not really the hacker and ppu can gr poke and come back but thats not the point)

I think the idea of just a ppu and 4 tanks does sound fun but has no tatics like an op battle. There should be PE/spy scouts, Hackers and the main battle/protection force.

This also brings in the idea you might have snipers/stealthers/whatnot. This makes the game intresting. Red Team vs Blue team is kinda dull if the teams dont have missions or goals.

(im not jumping in on the para idea to attemp to stop the hijack)

Kenjuten
28-03-04, 05:13
Biznatch, the thread is about a coordinated altered version of OP battles....the battles take place on the battleground but don't follow Neocron's rules of OPWars.

That's what people mean by reading the thread, especially the thread starter's posts.

And to tell the truth, I think it's wise you don't butt in on the para issue...way I see it, right now the less people that talk about it in this thread the more it'll calm down. :)

ezza
28-03-04, 10:54
lmao all these people trying to make out how skillfull it is to aim a para hahaha

a ppu keeping a team of 10 alive takes skill

casting a para on a enemy takes no skill

Scikar
28-03-04, 12:25
lets see.

Perhaps play a ppu. It is not fucking insta aim. It is really easy to miss target a person running around at full speed. Its easy to miss once or twice, there goes an entire mana pool.

Why not remove poison, After all anti poison and anti drugs are there for that might as well remove it.

Nothing like a fucking ignorant biased tank. To claim monks have a magical aimbot.

Which just shows how much you bothered to read my post. I said instant aim, not auto aim. Yes it is easy to miss someone running around, but you only have to hit them ONCE and para works. Unlike an APU, who has to hit that target again and again and again and again to do his job. Or a Tank or PE or spy who has to track the target all the time, and if they lose tracking they lose their reticle.

Let's just think for a second, what is skill in a fight? Skill is a combination of two things: being able to avoid taking damage through dodging, and being able to continually deal damage by maintaining a lock on your target. Parashock nullifies both. You can't move and therefore can't dodge, and your aiming turns to shit also. You can still hit someone, but there's no way you can maintain a lock on someone while shocked, especially when bullets are now raining down on you since you're stood still.

It might be hard to shock someone in the middle of a fight, but it doesn't nearly as much skill to get someone parashocked as it does to actually fight. But let's say you're right Gestra, let's say parashocking is skillful. In that case you must be one of the best players, right? And countering para takes skill, well you're clearly skilled so you must be good at that too. I've barely played a PPU so I haven't really parashocked anyone. So I must suck. With that in mind, I challenge you to a duel. Bring any class bar a PPU, and I'll bring a PPU with me. My PPU won't buff or heal or anything else except he'll constantly parashock you. With your amazing parashock skills you should still be able to beat me, right?

Nidhogg
28-03-04, 13:20
This thread has gone wildly off-topic. Please re-read the first post before adding further comments.

N