PDA

View Full Version : Fire/X-Ray

Hayato
27-03-04, 12:02
Fire or Xray, which would you cap in resist. Based on what type of mods people use and such:D

Clownst0pper
27-03-04, 13:12
Depending on your class u can cap them both with the right setup...
There all important if u want to live for any length of time.

cRazy2003
27-03-04, 13:45
fire :p
cos afaik more people use fire mods then x-ray, or at least from the people ive encountered anyways

Aziraphale
27-03-04, 14:22
I always use X-ray mods, because I know most people try to cap fire :p

Rade
27-03-04, 14:26
People always had the notion that fire is a better damage mod,
and since most people uses it, it has become better to keep it
higher than xray o_O I always use guns with both fire and xray
mods and use xray on everything but spies.

Kal
27-03-04, 14:27
fire, cause of the dev doing primarily fire based damage

Glok
27-03-04, 14:30
Fire apocalypse also.

Rade
27-03-04, 14:32
Originally posted by Glok
Fire apocalypse also.

yah, is it just me or are monks using this spell alot now?

Barak
27-03-04, 14:34
Originally posted by Rade
yah, is it just me or are monks using this spell alot now?

naa they ARE using it a hell of a lot now.. friggin hurts too :(

Maarten
27-03-04, 14:38
They started using FA because the HL was (accidentally) nerfed...

Barak
27-03-04, 14:39
Originally posted by Maarten
They started using FA because the HL was (accidentally) nerfed...

hum.. lemme guess now it doesn't own people in 3 shots its nerfed?
bah damn monkeys..

Load_HeavyLoad
27-03-04, 14:45
I have higher points in con in Xray than in fire coz if u comine with armour u get lower fire + fire armour = 114 in con and u get jack al xray armour only from bones and med nrgfield belt so thats how i work it

naimex
27-03-04, 15:00
Originally posted by Hayato
Fire or Xray, which would you cap in resist. Based on what type of mods people use and such:D

what do you mean which ?

cap it all i say...

steweygrrr
27-03-04, 15:11
my tank, PPU and PE have more xray than fire due to the lack of (proper) xray armour for them.

Cruzbroker
27-03-04, 16:56
Xray is always alternative dmg type. So fire.

Biznatchy
27-03-04, 17:23
With the addition of the spy xray armor and the bones for tanks/pe's xray is not the damage cow it once was. Fire on the other hand has armor and belts.

Its really a coin toss on what to use these days. That indeed is a good thing.

I think what the poster is confused about (atleast on tanks/pe's) is that when people are saying cap resist in fire and xray they mean go for a combined resist of around 110-115 in armor 1:1 and implant or skill resist 1:(.9). That mean lets say you have 75 points in energy armor you need 45 more points in skill to reach the soft cap. So with the 1:(.9) ratio you will only need 50 points in resist energy. That gets you to 115 total energy resist. After you reach that 115 number you have to really spend 20 or 30 points to cut down the damage another 1/2% it really is that big of a soft cap.

Now you have to look at http://neocron.ems.ru to get a good feel for how the chart looks but you dont need a skill manager if you have a handy calculator and work on your numbers with different armor types and implants. Just know that with if you have a ton of armor/skill in one place you need to give that up to balance your resist across the board.

Also why is this so important? Cant i just put in a ton of body health and just take the damage?
NO

PVP damage has a scale. So it is said. The more points you have in body health the more damage you take, to a point. This makes messing with resist a must otherwise why have them. I have never worked out the exact numbers on how this scale works. I would be intrested in seeing a good study on how pvp damage vs body health works.

Hope this helps.

Scikar
27-03-04, 17:44
Health doesn't really affect your damage. The only exception is there's a rule that you can't die from max health in a single shot from anything. But very few weapons are capable of that much damage anyway. The only point where it applies is when you have say 150 max HP and someone shoots you with a Silent Hunter. In that case the SH will only do say 130 damage when it would normally do 250+ to the target.

Biznatchy
27-03-04, 18:04
Originally posted by Scikar
Health doesn't really affect your damage. The only exception is there's a rule that you can't die from max health in a single shot from anything. But very few weapons are capable of that much damage anyway. The only point where it applies is when you have say 150 max HP and someone shoots you with a Silent Hunter. In that case the SH will only do say 130 damage when it would normally do 250+ to the target.

Ive heard alot of different views on this. Would like to know how you came to this conclusion.

There was a disscussion on tank health. Some where saying they would keep the health down to limit damage. Did this turn out to be false or what.

Scikar
27-03-04, 18:12
You do still have to consider locational damage still. Suppose you compare Tank A with 550HP to Tank B with 300HP.

Shoot each with a CS. Tank A has much more total head HP, and the single burst doesn't take it all off. So he appears to take say 120 damage. Tank B however only has 100 HP in the head location, so the extra 20 is applied to the chest, and therefore is lowered to 10. Thus Tank B takes a total of 110 damage, whereas Tank A took 120. But consider that as a fraction of total HP. Tank A just lost 1/5 of his HP, while Tank B lost 1/3. He appeared to take less damage, but however you look at it, the total fraction of max HP is higher the lower your HP goes.

Rade
27-03-04, 18:13
biz - the confusion around that has to do with the weird way that
locational hps work. Your overall hp has no real affect on the
damage you take, Ive tested that extensively. The problem is just
with locational weapons when you are at low hps. Technically
someone with low hps will reach that point faster and get the
lower damage from certain weapons but.. meh. Its mostly
bollocks.

**edit: can always count on sci to explain that part better than
me :P

Biznatchy
27-03-04, 19:56
ive done alot of work on resist but now im confused again.

SO if i shot tank A in the head 3 times. ??

Is his head hp gone and then it starts taking hp off the rest of him?

If that is indeed the case then If i was doing 100 points of damage to his head then when that location is depleted then what is the cut on the damage that is moved to the rest of the locations? If i continue to shoot him in the head, will the 100 points be cut to 70 taken from the chest?

This may change the way I approach combat. I usally aim for center mass in fast moving fights. Such as PE vs PE. But with slower targets, like tanks with cs out, it sounds as if I need to hit different locations to keep the damage at Max.

Hayato
27-03-04, 20:31
ok if a monk had to cap one of these resist which

Rade
27-03-04, 20:40
I always keep my resist very even and even get some poison
because I dont like having an akilles heel.. I know it makes ya
less effective overall and in duel situations but its so nice when
someone tries to be all smart with some weird weapon and it just
bounce of ya :D

Scikar
27-03-04, 21:26
Originally posted by Biznatchy
ive done alot of work on resist but now im confused again.

SO if i shot tank A in the head 3 times. ??

Is his head hp gone and then it starts taking hp off the rest of him?

If that is indeed the case then If i was doing 100 points of damage to his head then when that location is depleted then what is the cut on the damage that is moved to the rest of the locations? If i continue to shoot him in the head, will the 100 points be cut to 70 taken from the chest?

This may change the way I approach combat. I usally aim for center mass in fast moving fights. Such as PE vs PE. But with slower targets, like tanks with cs out, it sounds as if I need to hit different locations to keep the damage at Max.

Yeah that's basically it. The best way these days is actually to aim for the legs. You have to get through the low leg damage at some point so you may as well do it early and slow him down, then go for the head.

LiL T
27-03-04, 21:58
The thing is if say tank A has 350 hp's and tank B has 250 hp's

Each shoot each other with a CS tank A take's 130 damage tank B takes only 100 damage this is just an example. Now was there any point in tank A have those extra hp's thats what you gotta firgure out would it not be better to have more run speed or resists than the extra body health :) ?

I know there are some tanks that have 500 plus hit points and some with 600 that tank gets hit one burst of CS to the head he will only have like 450 hitpoints left. Next burst will proberbly knock him down to 380 or something now was there any point in have 600 hitpoints nah not really

Scikar
27-03-04, 22:02
Well if you want to just ignore what I said and go for high resists with low HP I'm not stopping you.

LiL T
27-03-04, 22:25
I just re read what you said but is hitpoint really stored in parts of your body? So if I shoot someone in the head and keep shooting at the head I will stop doing damage. Or does it get less because of less overall hitpoints he person has because I thought you will allways do the most damage shooting in the head.

Cruzbroker
27-03-04, 22:35
I think he means: First you hit the legs (of course), then the hp from legs is all gone and you start to do something like 20/burst dmg, now if you shoot the head, you would do near max damage (like 60-100), because there's more HPs left in the head.

LiL T
27-03-04, 23:30
oh well this changes how I will fight now I'm gonna test this if its how it works then I will win more often I hope

ZoomZoom
27-03-04, 23:33
my tank has more xray than fire because my tank is for MC5 and not for pking :rolleyes:

Scikar
27-03-04, 23:53
Originally posted by LiL T
I just re read what you said but is hitpoint really stored in parts of your body? So if I shoot someone in the head and keep shooting at the head I will stop doing damage. Or does it get less because of less overall hitpoints he person has because I thought you will allways do the most damage shooting in the head.

If you shoot someone in the head when they have 0 HP left in the head area, then the damage is dealt to the chest area instead. You're supposed to deal more damage when you shoot someone in the head, and slow people down when you shoot them in the legs, but it got messed up in coding.

Biznatchy
28-03-04, 00:04
Originally posted by LiL T
oh well this changes how I will fight now I'm gonna test this if its how it works then I will win more often I hope

Please share what you find out. Im intrested in some numbers on what the damage is cut down by when one location is depleted, what precentage of the damage is moved to the other locations.

Can this be tested in neofrag? there are some strange bugs in neofrag you never know if your seeing real results.