PDA

View Full Version : Uh people; You need to take a look at the PC game FarCry

Smacktard
27-03-04, 05:43
This game is going to send shockwaves reverberating all over the gaming community. This new CryTek graphics engine is simply astounding! UbiSoft made it and boy are you going to crap your pants when you see this game on your computer.

First Person Shooter that nobody is going to forget. It's setting a new benchmark in PC gaming quality. OMG, you will not believe your eyes and ears.

Check it out

NS_CHROME54
27-03-04, 05:50
um i think at this point we ALL know that we need to play farcry...

Invertigo
27-03-04, 05:52
am i the only one who had a horrible time with this game in beta?

i had sound problems...bad fps... HORRIBLE lag, among other things...

Alex The Great
27-03-04, 06:23
It was a great game.

Mattimeo
27-03-04, 07:35
It was good (maybe even great) but hardly ground breaking.

Half-Life and Deus Ex were ground breaking. Close, but not quite to their calibur.

Smacktard
27-03-04, 08:43
DRAW DISTANCE. Half-Life or Deus Ex do not have or any game out there right now, does not have this kind of draw distance and the detail to go with it. Nobody.

The ability to see way off in the distance clearly and with extreme detail, that my friends is a very difficult thing to do and this new graphics engine made by UbiSoft has done it.

Wow! It's great to be alive!:)

Alex The Great
27-03-04, 08:59
Standing on one of the islands and looking out over the water was just amazing.

Smacktard
27-03-04, 09:18
Yeah and the FIVE discs needed to load this game speaks for itself.

I think we have reached the point where game manufacturers will have to start shipping their games on DVD roms.

How in the world will Doom 3 or Half Life 2 compare to what FarCry has done?

I hate to say it, but I think FarCry has beat Doom 3 and Half Life 2 to the punch in terms of state of the art graphics.

sw1tch
27-03-04, 11:29
I'm loving this game at the moment too, the draw distance and graphics on the engine are just amazing, plus the storyline snt too bad, and they have some decent AI.

I just cant stop thinking how good it would make an mmorpg, i would love exploring that island with mobs to fight

cRazy2003
27-03-04, 11:30
Originally posted by Smacktard
This game is going to send shockwaves reverberating all over the gaming community. This new CryTek graphics engine is simply astounding! UbiSoft made it and boy are you going to crap your pants when you see this game on your computer.

First Person Shooter that nobody is going to forget. It's setting a new benchmark in PC gaming quality. OMG, you will not believe your eyes and ears.

Check it out

what are you trying to say?

Clownst0pper
27-03-04, 12:16
LOL @ Crazy :lol:

The game isnt mind blowing, it doesnt do anything new.

its just a nice FPS with good graphics...

Role on HL2

petek480
27-03-04, 12:25
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

Role on HL2
And what the hell do you think HL2 gonna be???

Clownst0pper
27-03-04, 12:27

OH I dunno, a game where physics matter, it has no set pieces, a storyline written by some of the best in the buisness, interactive characters never seen before, in such a detail, and its by the original HL team, which was the best FPS of all time as voted by PC gamers.

Farcry? not a patch.

Gestra
27-03-04, 12:42
Original half life equals the largest piece or over rated shit ever. It was no different to the games of its time and its story line was bollocks. Aliens invading earth, never heard that one before.

Then again the masses have no taste.

Ryuben
27-03-04, 12:54
Originally posted by Gestra
Original half life equals the largest piece or over rated shit ever. It was no different to the games of its time and its story line was bollocks. Aliens invading earth, never heard that one before.

rofl u think thats the story line...nib.

and yeah farcry rocks :D

the demo was amazing the AI was actually smart :eek:

athon
27-03-04, 16:11
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - software piracy ]

Cytaur
27-03-04, 16:38
Far Cry has a freeform play. It's what deus ex 2 had failed to achieve. Game of the Year boys and girls, this thing is going to kick Doom3 and HL2 asses just because sequels in general turn out to be crap.

NS_CHROME54
27-03-04, 19:58
Originally posted by Cytaur
Far Cry has a freeform play. It's what deus ex 2 had failed to achieve. Game of the Year boys and girls, this thing is going to kick Doom3 and HL2 asses just because sequels in general turn out to be crap.

*ahem*

*cough*howboutfallout2noob?*cough*

ResurgencE
27-03-04, 20:07
*ahem*

*cough* He said 'in general', noob *cough* *cough* He didnt mean they ALL suck *cough* *hack* *sputter*.

;)

Rith
27-03-04, 20:11
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
OH I dunno, a game where physics matter, it has no set pieces, a storyline written by some of the best in the buisness, interactive characters never seen before, in such a detail, and its by the original HL team, which was the best FPS of all time as voted by PC gamers.

Farcry? not a patch.

DeusEX: Invisible War promised that too

We all know how apalling that game is

I hope HL2 lives upto its billing, but its soo easy to botch sequels...

NS_CHROME54
27-03-04, 20:13
eh

but i very much doubt doom3 and hl2 will suck. why? because valve and id recognize that creating a computer game is as much or even more of an artistic endeavor as a business venture. that means they actually care about the product they're putting out. and when developers care, good things happen. not like bargain bin game developers.

ResurgencE
27-03-04, 20:15
Im inclined to agree.

I seriously doubt HL2 or Doom 3 will suck. At the very least, they could be simply mediocre, but i dont think its even going to come to THAT.

Lets wait and see.

NS_CHROME54
27-03-04, 20:16
hell hl2's graphics engine alone is worth my money

G.0.D.
27-03-04, 20:48
Errm we dont need to wait and see if halflife2 or doom3 are going to be amazing... theres been leaked copys on the internet for close to 6 mounths. We KNOW they are amazing.

Half-Life 2's Current Cost - 40 Million dollars

Far cry looks good, Im going to try it for sure,
But please dont compair it to halflife 2.

NS_CHROME54
27-03-04, 20:59
Originally posted by G.0.D.
Half-Life 2's Current Cost - 40 Million dollars

:eek: 8|

yeah it's safe to say you don't invest that much money on something on less it's something you really care about. "The Passion" anyone?

ariall
27-03-04, 21:12
People are sick of the waiting for HL2 and DOOM 3. HL 2 is delayed now to 2005 8| I already played a alpha version of doom 3, it looks great, but the gameplay sucks really bad.

Yesterday i brought Far cry, this game OWNZ. The graphics are really amazing.....
Far cry is like half like 2 and doom 3 in one: perfect graphics, (indoor and outdoor) great A.I , and a perfect gameplay.

But we all waiting for DOY, hmm?

Smacktard
27-03-04, 22:00
I would pay over $100 per month to play a massive online game with the kind of graphics engine FarCry has.

Can you imagine playing Neocron with that kind of graphics engine?

It would own everything. Damn, Martin is there anyway you could get with UbiSoft and collaborate on a future massive online game? Reakktor and UbiSoft, yeah thats the ticket.

That would be the game to end all games.

OmegaVII
28-03-04, 15:55
I think the games publishers have got the message about putting games on to dvd's now instead of 5+ cd's, both UT2004 and farcry are avalibe in dvd flavours in the uk. Not that i noticed till i got home and opened the box and though the bastards had forgot to put all the cd's in the case 8|

sw1tch
28-03-04, 16:01
I would pay over $100 per month to play a massive online game with the kind of graphics engine FarCry has.

Can you imagine playing Neocron with that kind of graphics engine?

It would own everything. Damn, Martin is there anyway you could get with UbiSoft and collaborate on a future massive online game? Reakktor and UbiSoft, yeah thats the ticket.

That would be the game to end all games.

I agree, a MMORPG on this engine would rock

the terrain is piss easy to create, i have no previous experience in map making, but i have already made a half working map :)

theres a persistant FPG/RPG mod for far cry going to be made too http://lilith.servegame.com/

Judge
28-03-04, 16:11
Aliens invading earth, never heard that one before.

Because that was the entire of the storyline. I never finished the game and I picked up more than you did. Did you play it for like, 5 minuites or something? Did you even meet the marines?

Or you have no taste?

Crackitakk
28-03-04, 17:29
played farcry and honestly didnt like it!

Oath
28-03-04, 18:02
Farcry sucks ass.

alig
28-03-04, 19:27
Originally posted by petek480

Alot more than FarCry nuff said.

FarCry is a sweet game, infact i was first to post a thread about it on here :mad: :p and i think it r0x0rz but i dont get payed until friday and i bought ut2004 (had to come first :D) so ill see then when i get it..but i have no doubts about it...though no game comes close to the thought of HALF LIFE 2 >.<

msdong
28-03-04, 21:11
Yeah and the FIVE discs needed to load this game speaks for itself.

ahhh, it is shiped on DVD :)

and its cool but at one point it turns uber hard.

Prodigious
28-03-04, 21:39
every setting on low and 800x600 res and it still looks great, shame there is so many graphics bugs, and the 1.1 patch is shit.

No effort went into multiplayer either, its crap as hell, and coulda been so much more

now its starting to get a bit harder on the river level, and with 30frames per second cos my comp sucks im getting frustrated.

i have to say tho, i think farcry is operation flashpoint in its free formness if you understand me. as in you have things to do but you dont have to do it yet. as for revolutionary, that it isnt, a classic award, that it does deserve.

and half life 2 having no scripted moments, well i cant say far cry has many, and when it does, its only to push on the narrative.

i cant see half life 2 being that special anymore.

if it had come out on sept 30 like they said im sure it would have been but with the release date gettin put back the whole time, i am picturing nothing but duke nukem forever all over again (actually come to think of it, where is that)

doom3 is also another iffy one because i hear it is a lot slower in form than the other dooms used to be. that could be risky since you arent going to be aiming at the same market.....

have to sya tho, at minute far cry is damn good fun

Smacktard
28-03-04, 22:35
We gamers who have high end gaming systems are going ape shit over this game FarCry right now. You people who have low end gaming rigs don't have a clue as to what you are missing.

We are right now witnessing Doom 3 and Half Life 2 graphics and gameplay while playing FarCry.

Let me be clear: Doom 3 graphics and Half Life 2 gameplay are here now!!! We know this because we can see the screenshots of Doom 3 and Half Life 2 and we have played the Half Life 2 demo. Many others agree with me. Head on over to the official FarCry website and see for yourselves.

Head on over to the official FarCry forums and look at all the excitement this game has generated. I'm telling you all here and now, FarCry is the best first person shooter ever made.

My video card has just woke up and come to life! It's like every game I was playing before was like radio and now I am watching Television!!!

It's like christmas morning! Haven't been this scared playing a game since the first time I played Doom.

Lethys
28-03-04, 23:33
I couldn't care less about graphics in a game. As far as I'm concerned, graphics are just these pointless, annoying things that make games run really slowly on my computer :rolleyes:

HL2 will be great, but I have a feeling that Doom 3 will be complete and utter horse shit.

alig
28-03-04, 23:45
We gamers who have high end gaming systems are going ape shit over this game FarCry right now. You people who have low end gaming rigs don't have a clue as to what you are missing.

We are right now witnessing Doom 3 and Half Life 2 graphics and gameplay while playing FarCry.

Let me be clear: Doom 3 graphics and Half Life 2 gameplay are here now!!! We know this because we can see the screenshots of Doom 3 and Half Life 2 and we have played the Half Life 2 demo. Many others agree with me. Head on over to the official FarCry website and see for yourselves.

Head on over to the official FarCry forums and look at all the excitement this game has generated. I'm telling you all here and now, FarCry is the best first person shooter ever made.

My video card has just woke up and come to life! It's like every game I was playing before was like radio and now I am watching Television!!!

It's like christmas morning! Haven't been this scared playing a game since the first time I played Doom.

Agreed FarCry is causing alot of excitement but no....it doesnt have graphics like doom3 and no... it doesnt have gameplay like half life 2....it has good graphics and good gameplay but not what the future offers (doom3 / half life2) It scared me on the research demo when the first ooogly googly goo thing came until i turned the light on :lol: ...no until i _HAD_ to turn the settings down and disable the things i bought my sound card for just so i could aim the gun where i wanted it to aim and my pc isnt low end either.

naimex
29-03-04, 00:13
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
um i think at this point we ALL know that we need to play farcry...

Originally posted by Invertigo
am i the only one who had a horrible time with this game in beta?

i had sound problems...bad fps... HORRIBLE lag, among other things...

Originally posted by Alex The Great
It was a great game.

Just needed to see those 3 put together in 1 post.....

**--//

We all have to play the game that has sound problems bad fps horrible lag and some other things which made it a great game

\\--**

.........I think I´ll just stay with neocron tyvm..

(Bad FPS + random bugs + x) > (Sound problems + lag + bad fps + x )

petek480
29-03-04, 02:04
Originally posted by alig
Agreed FarCry is causing alot of excitement but no....it doesnt have graphics like doom3 and no... it doesnt have gameplay like half life 2....it has good graphics and good gameplay but not what the future offers (doom3 / half life2) It scared me on the research demo when the first ooogly googly goo thing came until i turned the light on :lol: ...no until i _HAD_ to turn the settings down and disable the things i bought my sound card for just so i could aim the gun where i wanted it to aim and my pc isnt low end either.
You do know the demo wasn't the final game, they made lots of changes and fixes to the retail version since the demo. How about I say hl2 sucks just because I tried the beta? Maybe you should shut up before you actually play the game? Same goes with the rest of you that hadn't play the game and just saying it sucks because you're a hl2 fan and people are saying far cry may even be better then hl2.

.Cyl0n
29-03-04, 05:21
farcry rox :)

played it for a few hours today and it looks really nice... also the story looks to be good... cant wait to go on playing :D

Whitestuff
29-03-04, 05:38
Originally posted by ariall
People are sick of the waiting for HL2 and DOOM 3. HL 2 is delayed now to 2005 8| I already played a alpha version of doom 3, it looks great, but the gameplay sucks really bad.

Yesterday i brought Far cry, this game OWNZ. The graphics are really amazing.....
Far cry is like half like 2 and doom 3 in one: perfect graphics, (indoor and outdoor) great A.I , and a perfect gameplay.

But we all waiting for DOY, hmm?

You said Alpha right? Gameplay is not supposed to be remarkable or really even playable til beta. You (and lots of ppl in this thread) are basing too much of ur decision on a leaked alpha that is no where near the finished copy. Farcry is cool to be sure, but I think iD and Sierra/Valve know what they are doing. At the very least, the 3 are going to knock down drag it out fight to the death for game of the year. My money is on Doom 3, but I like that kind of game. We shall see.

Mattimeo
29-03-04, 05:57

Uhm, I have Farcry, and I have a high-end machine. I was playing Farcry not too long ago, and I can tell you, any awe, wow, or "ape-shitting" much have left me when i stopped playing the game with an uninspired story and unremarkable gameplay. Yeah, the graphics are fantastic but great graphics =! great game.

I dunno, maybe I'm jaded but it's the same game, different coat of paint.

Crackitakk
29-03-04, 07:11
god, i hate it when people make threads about other games on OUR neocron forum......no offence, its just so annoying. just wanna read about neocron when i come to the neocron forums, i dont want all the latest videogaming news, if i wanted that i'd buy pc gamer or sumthin

Marx
29-03-04, 07:14
Doom 3 and HL 2 are nothing compared to Stalker.

Crackitakk
29-03-04, 07:22
i got an idea....farcry can go to hell, neocron is better no matter what

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 08:02
Two days ago, I bought Far Cry at a local shop, and got home, put it in my DVD drive, and it so turns out that it won't boot it no matter what I try. Over these last two days I've tried virtually everything, but I think it's a matter of me needing a new DVD-rom Drive. The one I have is too old probably, or something. I can't figure out what's wrong. My gf's laptop boots it just fine, but mine doesn't at all. *cries* :(

/edit: I've seen Far Cry at a friends house, and I have to say it's absolutely awesome. It being a single-player game it is of course basically different from Neocron, but as far as game engine, interactivity, gfx goes, it blows all other things out there out of the water right now, imo. :)

naimex
29-03-04, 08:03
it´s a sign...

...login to neocron.

Crackitakk
29-03-04, 14:23
does farcry have multiplayer?

alig
29-03-04, 19:30
You do know the demo wasn't the final game, they made lots of changes and fixes to the retail version since the demo. How about I say hl2 sucks just because I tried the beta? Maybe you should shut up before you actually play the game? Same goes with the rest of you that hadn't play the game and just saying it sucks because you're a hl2 fan and people are saying far cry may even be better then hl2.

No how about you shut up and take into account a fucking official demo release and a h4x fucking copy of hl2 that DOESNT WORK and the game was about 1 year from release at the time and farcry is what? ohhhhh i forgot, its already out!.

I've played a demo of farcry and i didnt even say it was shit, dont get so overprotective ffs...did you spend hours making it? didnt think so.

If farcry has changed that much in about 1 month then crytek are magicians.

This is how much i HATE farcry... (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88316&highlight=farcry) slag.

Isnt everyone a fan boi of half life...the only ones that dont like it are the ones that play online checkers and pinball.

Lafiel
29-03-04, 19:58
Originally posted by Crackitakk
god, i hate it when people make threads about other games on OUR neocron forum......no offence, its just so annoying. just wanna read about neocron when i come to the neocron forums, i dont want all the latest videogaming news, if i wanted that i'd buy pc gamer or sumthin

then dont read the thread maybe?

Prodigious
29-03-04, 20:50
i got an idea, lets not care about how it compares to hl2/doom 3 cos they arent here yet and arent likely to be till 2005, at least hl2 isnt anyway.

and the other point is, want operation flashpoint made by a nobody company and it blew lots of games out the window. personally i think a lot of polishing will go into half life 2 et al now.

because they DO have a lot to live up to. and trust me people you need to be careful when you stick up for unreleased games.

i was such a big fan of deus ex and i hyped up IW so much with my friends etc, i havnt even bothered to play it because of its dumed down'ness.

i still think the key to far cry is nobody knew what to expect, and as with DE:IW it had something to live up to, along with doom 3 and HL2 whos prequels were massive classics is any fps'rs books, over the top expectations can be bad for any game, anti-climax is a killer.....

alig
29-03-04, 21:28
Originally posted by Prodigious
i got an idea, lets not care about how it compares to hl2/doom 3 cos they arent here yet and arent likely to be till 2005, at least hl2 isnt anyway.

and the other point is, want operation flashpoint made by a nobody company and it blew lots of games out the window. personally i think a lot of polishing will go into half life 2 et al now.

because they DO have a lot to live up to. and trust me people you need to be careful when you stick up for unreleased games.

i was such a big fan of deus ex and i hyped up IW so much with my friends etc, i havnt even bothered to play it because of its dumed down'ness.

i still think the key to far cry is nobody knew what to expect, and as with DE:IW it had something to live up to, along with doom 3 and HL2 whos prequels were massive classics is any fps'rs books, over the top expectations can be bad for any game, anti-climax is a killer.....

HL2 comes out this year....2004 that is in about 6 months and hyping HL2 is completly safe, it doesnt take 6 yrs to make a shit sequel....deus ex2 didnt take even close to 6yrs....hyping doom3 is safe too...it doesnt take what? 25 years to make a shit game...the only thing farcry has that is new is some of the things that half life 2 boasted....but it has less....to me farcry is like what halo wanted to be, halo was wank btw to me. It is safe to compare half life 2 and doom 3 together but not farcry and half life 2o_O

Farcry has monsters.....Doom3 makes an exception of that and trust me i have doom3 alpha and it is hella scary considering i get about 2fps considering it will use drivers that arent even out to make the most of it (directX _xxx_ we are at 9.1b)....it has already been said what it takes to run it (and at the time i dont even think we had gfx cards that supported pixel shader 2.0) ....so if farcry is scary then what is doom3? and if farcry has good AI then what does half life 2 have? we have already seen the vid of the soldiers/whatever shooting through the window because they couldnt get through the door as it was blocked by you

And if you want a game that has more than one that has rocked the gaming world 3 times in a row and has yet been beaten then Gran Turismo is the name....oh and MGS2....splinter cell 2 is supposed to be better than a 3 yr old game that is getting close to its 3rd release...MGS3.

Smacktard
30-03-04, 04:17
I think we are all in agreement that FarCry has indeed upped the ante and improved on the first person shooting experience.

FarCry has put the first person shooter genre on a new level.

Now, it is up to Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 to answer the call. Can they?

FarCry has advanced the gaming experience so far that when we actually do play Doom 3 and Half-Life 2, we will not be as excited and impressed because those two games will not be that much better than FarCry, if they are better.

Seriously, how in the world can the graphics be any better in Doom 3 and Half-Life 2? I got maxed out settings on FarCry and what I am seeing is a new generation, a ten fold increase in computing power than all other games before it.

My video card seems like it has woke up from a long slumber and now is exploring the world and all it has to offer. My video card is alive finally!

Nightbrother
30-03-04, 08:23
Hey, what kind of gfx card do you have? I have an ATI Radeon 8500 (also sometimes known as 9100), and when the game has finished loading the 1st level, the game crashes, and I'm quite sure it has something to do with my gfx card, even though the game states that if you have a Radeon 8500 you will be able to play. I get into the menu fine and everything, and the intro is fine too.

Have anyone else had trouble with the game and their Radeon 8500 card?

Time to get a new gfx card maybe.

I have a P4 2.0 GhZ, 768 Mb Ram, so the rest should be fine for running the game.

Mattimeo
30-03-04, 08:45
I think we are all in agreement that FarCry has indeed upped the ante and improved on the first person shooting experience.

FarCry has advanced the gaming experience so far that when we actually do play Doom 3 and Half-Life 2, we will not be as excited and impressed because those two games will not be that much better than FarCry, if they are better.

Seriously, how in the world can the graphics be any better in Doom 3 and Half-Life 2? I got maxed out settings on FarCry and what I am seeing is a new generation, a ten fold increase in computing power than all other games before it.

My video card seems like it has woke up from a long slumber and now is exploring the world and all it has to offer. My video card is alive finally!

Is the only reason you give the game so much praise because if the graphics?

This SERIOUSLY confuses me and my other game friends. I ran this thread by them and we're all in agreement, the game is mediocre at best with good graphics.

If you like the graphics and all thats cool. but graphics hardly revolutionise a genre. You need deeper things than new graphic effect #274.

What exactly are your reasons for saying this game advances the gaming experiance?

A little example of something revolutionary (at least, in my eyes). The first time I played half-life I figured it was your standard FPS, nothing really special. Untill I walked into a room and heard a faint "It's freeman!" on a radio as a grenade landed at my feet. The marine AI in that game just made me stop and think "Holy crap!" as they would toss grenades back at me, take cover, or attack in cohesive groups. THAT is revolutionary. THAT advances the experiance.

Nightbrother
30-03-04, 09:00
Mattimeo, from glancing through all the reviews I could find of Far Cry so far, and from what I've heard people say also, I'm quite sure that you and your friends are in the minority that think Far Cry is nothing special, but that's just how it is. No game will please absolutely everyone.

I think Far Cry has amazing AI, to be honest.

There are people who think that Half-Life was crap also, and who call me sick for playing 'Skate or Die' or the C64 for 20 hours straight 15 years ago. ;)

P.S. Did you know... there are also people around who aren't playing Neocron, and have never tried. That blows my mind! :D

alig
30-03-04, 19:54
Originally posted by Mattimeo
Is the only reason you give the game so much praise because if the graphics?

This SERIOUSLY confuses me and my other game friends. I ran this thread by them and we're all in agreement, the game is mediocre at best with good graphics.

If you like the graphics and all thats cool. but graphics hardly revolutionise a genre. You need deeper things than new graphic effect #274.

Graphics mean nothing in a game hmm....Sure! they mean most of the game, it still amazes me how many people think graphics dont count....I'm gunna say this is Farcry just for an example.

http://munkee.dnsalias.org/lan/doom.jpg
FarCry numero 1.

http://www.solaris4you.dk/doom.gif
Farcry numero 2.

You see, imagine playing farcry with the gfx of Doom3 and then imagine playing it with the gfx of Doom it would count a _SHIT LOAD_ to gameplay whether you think so or not and btw Doom3 gfx > Farcry to the person that said something about that, i've got Doom3 alpha and the gfx in that are better than Farcry retail nuff said.

Mattimeo
30-03-04, 20:54
I never said graphics count for nothing. Graphics can quite enhance the game experiance, but they alone can't revolutionize an entire genre.

The AI in farcry (at least to me) offers nothing new from what i've seen. And the background story is just well... boring.

msdong
30-03-04, 21:04
problem i see on you screenshot is up in the right corner :D

FC and D3 are 2 different game as i see atm.
far cry offers great landscape huge islands and all i see from doom is that it has cool indoor levels.

FC have the bonus that it was the first with that kind of GFX. if HL2 where out first it would be just another cool shoter.
maybe doom is just another 12h to end game like unreal or maybe STALKER own everything out there.

you can compare it with Defender of the Crown on AMIGA, WingCommander on PC the gameplay was fair but the GFX was something ppl never seen before.

Lethys
30-03-04, 21:07

How much are Ubi Soft paying you? :rolleyes:

alig
30-03-04, 21:14
Originally posted by msdong
problem i see on you screenshot is up in the right corner :D

FC and D3 are 2 different game as i see atm.
far cry offers great landscape huge islands and all i see from doom is that it has cool indoor levels.

FC have the bonus that it was the first with that kind of GFX. if HL2 where out first it would be just another cool shoter.
maybe doom is just another 12h to end game like unreal or maybe STALKER own everything out there.

you can compare it with Defender of the Crown on AMIGA, WingCommander on PC the gameplay was fair but the GFX was something ppl never seen before.

;) Thats what happens when an alpha of a game gets publicly released without consent of ID as im pretty sure ID wouldnt release it with Doom controls (Keyboard only) and that was ran on a GFFX5600ultra because there was no such card as what we have today that are close to becoming yesterdays newspaper. I dont think any sane developer would release a game that you get 1fps on.

msdong
30-03-04, 21:43
... and that was ran on a GFFX5600ultra because there was no such card as what we have today that are close to becoming yesterdays newspaper.....

dont blame it on the GFX i use a FX5600 myself and if its used right its OK.
Doom will never look on my PC like on the picture and like with FC i take a look on the demo before would buy anything ( dont think i play doom).

Marx
30-03-04, 21:47
The graphics in Far Cry are amazing.

The plot sucks ass.

alig
31-03-04, 00:01
dont blame it on the GFX i use a FX5600 myself and if its used right its OK.
Doom will never look on my PC like on the picture and like with FC i take a look on the demo before would buy anything ( dont think i play doom).

I blame the gfx card because at the end of the day the gfx card is what displays the game simply put, I wouldnt buy a 9800xt if my gf4ti4600 could do it all the same and display things the same except for a few numbers (fps) i agree that doom3 alpha was boosted and had nvidia specific lines in there to make it look better but a game that is going to require 2.5ghz processor is _not_ going to look shit considering ut2004 reccomend a 1.5ghz i think (cant be arsed to pick the box up) and need pixel shader 2.0 and are current cards only go upto pixel shader version 2.0 btw, the next generation of cards will be pixel shader 3.0.

I never said the 5600ultra was shit, it was hyped to much for its bang but the fan (hoover?) blew that card straight out the door.....litterally :lol: even Nvidia themselfs made a video for it practically ripping it to pieces, That says enough to me, infact one could say that card was the fall of nvidia as i can remember the 9700pro came out the same time.

Oath
31-03-04, 00:25
Ownage

Also UT2004 Runs awesome on most older cards too, i got a GF4 Mx440 atm, and i can run it and get around 90 fps all times, even in onslaught, farcry cannot, and does not.

I just hate the game, simple.

Lagos
31-03-04, 02:50
;) Thats what happens when an alpha of a game gets publicly released without consent of ID as im pretty sure ID wouldnt release it with Doom controls (Keyboard only) and that was ran on a GFFX5600ultra because there was no such card as what we have today that are close to becoming yesterdays newspaper. I dont think any sane developer would release a game that you get 1fps on.

the alpha is not 'keyboard only'.

about the performance .. a GF4 Ti4200 and an Athlon XP2000+ is enough to run the same scene you posted with 25+ fps (at 1024x768), maybe you want to take a look into the cfg files.

-

well FarCry is beautiful, but nothing ground breaking.

greets, Lagos.

Smacktard
31-03-04, 05:34
I got an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb DDR video card. I got the game on Very High settings and for your information "Mattimeo" the graphics alone advance the gaming experience, it's that good!

It's called State of the Art graphics technology and FarCry has it. The draw distance has to be seen to be believed! The lighting and shadow effects again have to be seen to be believed!

The graphics in this game are far superior to anything we have ever seen.

Add to the fact that you have complete freedom of movement! A variety of ways to complete each level. Enemy AI that is the best ever seen, ever!

A game that will have a huge mod community. FarCry is the Half-Life of the 21st century!

This game is Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 rolled into one! FarCry will be the game of the year absolutely no doubt.

Crackitakk
31-03-04, 05:40
ah, no offence but....combining aliens and mutated shit and jesus all sorts of weird stuff with demons and other weird mutants give u island warfare? what twisted arithmatic is this

Kasumi
31-03-04, 05:50
I got an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb DDR video card. I got the game on Very High settings and for your information "Mattimeo" the graphics alone advance the gaming experience, it's that good!

It's called State of the Art graphics technology and FarCry has it. The draw distance has to be seen to be believed! The lighting and shadow effects again have to be seen to be believed!

The graphics in this game are far superior to anything we have ever seen.

Add to the fact that you have complete freedom of movement! A variety of ways to complete each level. Enemy AI that is the best ever seen, ever!

A game that will have a huge mod community. FarCry is the Half-Life of the 21st century!

This game is Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 rolled into one! FarCry will be the game of the year absolutely no doubt.

From what I see from the Half Life 2, it is superior than FarCry.. The view distance on Half Life 2 is huge, unless they used prerendered backdrops.. But I am sure they hadn'.. The Cities are HUGE in Half life two, Pixel Shaders and reflection are amazing in Half Life 2.. The Physics engine is far better.. The AI in Half life 2 is smart, if I remember correctly most events do not need to be scripted.. the AI is SMART so it works with you instead of following a script.. the fact the soldiers shoot through windows and thing if they cannot get to you is good.. the AI in FayCry is really dumb.. You can hide from them and stand directly in front of them at the same time.. ^_^ Oh if you think half Life 2 is not very good than look at this video..

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/123983.shtml

WATCH this video it shows what Half Life 2 is capable of and I have not seen FarCry come close to how good this looks.. ^_^

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/130227.shtml

Edit: All the "opinion" on FarCry is from my boyfriend I never would play it! So if anything is wrong feel free to correct me! ^_^ I have also watched my boyfriend play it so I am probably not wrong either way... ^_^

Crackitakk
31-03-04, 05:51
from what ive seen of hl2, im aimaized....another step in the history of gaming...more like a leap

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:09

FarCry doesnt have photorealism to its models or realistic movement to its models.. Half Life 2 HAS photorealism or almost photorealistic models.. and the movement are more "life like" which farcry does not have! You probably wont be able to play "fill" setting in half Life 2 with the computer you have.. ^_^ FarCry has alot of things wrong with it.. I only like the water in FarCry.. :)

msdong
31-03-04, 06:16
Originally posted by Kasumi
... I only like the water in FarCry.. :)

isnt it all about better water effects ? even with DoY ??:D

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:18
isnt it all about better water effects ? even with DoY ??:D

I prefer weather effects.. Like rain, snow, lightnining, and other types of weather thing. ^-^

petek480
31-03-04, 06:18
FarCry doesnt have photorealism to its models or realistic movement to its models.. Half Life 2 HAS photorealism or almost photorealistic models.. and the movement are more "life like" which farcry does not have! You probably wont be able to play "fill" setting in half Life 2 with the computer you have.. ^_^ FarCry has alot of things wrong with it.. I only like the water in FarCry.. :)
Half Life 2
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/914642_20031216_screen001.jpg
Far Cry
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen005.jpg

Yea, I can really see how HL2 is photorealistic and Far Cry isn't:rolleyes:

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:19
Half Life 2
Far Cry

Was talking about player models NOT enviroment textures.. and alot of FarCry enviroment is blocky, and not photorealistic..

Watch this movie and than compare! ^-^ FarCry to Half Life 2 and you will see big difference!

petek480
31-03-04, 06:22
Was talking about player models NOT enviroment textures.. and alot of FarCry enviroment is blocky, and not photorealistic..
Half Life 2
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/e3/0515/halflife2/914642_20030515_screen001.jpg
Far Cry
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen001.jpg

Yea, I can see how HL2 models are photorealistic and Far Cry isn't:rolleyes:

Want me to keep going?

Edit: about it enviroment being blocky.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/farcry/screens.html?page=297

You mind showing me the blocks?

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:33
Half Life 2
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/e3/0515/halflife2/914642_20030515_screen001.jpg
Far Cry
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen001.jpg

Yea, I can see how HL2 models are photorealistic and Far Cry isn't:rolleyes:

Want me to keep going?

Edit: about it enviroment being blocky.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/farcry/screens.html?page=297

You mind showing me the blocks?

It looks like a touched up photoshop image.. I might be wrong but it probably was.. and when I watched my boyfriend play the Model were not really good especially as good as in that picture you just showed me! Watch that movie than you can arguewith me ok? I find screenshots of the places I have seen in farcry and the place that looked blocky.. ^_^

Crackitakk
31-03-04, 06:36
petek....did u go through all the hl shots and find the SHITTIEST ONES? or am i correct in thinkin that these are shots of hl2 beta? and retail farcry? AM I WRONG? AM I WRONG?

edit:hl2 ALPHA, correction......

petek480
31-03-04, 06:40
petek....did u go through all the hl shots and find the SHITTIEST ONES? or am i correct in thinkin that these are shots of hl2 beta? and retail farcry? AM I WRONG? AM I WRONG?

edit:hl2 ALPHA, correction......
Actually for the model one at the time I couldn't find the one I was looking for so I posted the one I did. This is the one I wanted to post before.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/halflife2/0508/half_screen001.jpg

@Kasumi - I'd download the movie but I'd have to wait in line for like an hour. And if you want I'd take some screen shots from me playing if you don't believe that those aren't from ingame.

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:40
I would like to say though we cannot really say which is better.. I will say that the Source Engine is alot better than the CryTek engine anyone who disagrees does not know very much about it than.. Ther eare so many things that are much greater than the Crytek engine.. ^_^

@Kasumi - I'd download the movie but I'd have to wait in line for like an hour. And if you want I'd take some screen shots from me playing if you don't believe that those aren't from ingame.

it is worth the wait! You will like it hehe..^_^

petek480
31-03-04, 06:42
The first one looks like it was taken with a digital camera, and the FarCry image looks like a photoshopped image so maybe he did.. I wont assume though.. ^_^

The pics are from www.gamespot.com

petek480
31-03-04, 06:45
I would like to say though we cannot really say which is better.. I will say that the Source Engine is alot better than the CryTek engine anyone who disagrees does not know very much about it than.. Ther eare so many things that are much greater than the Crytek engine.. ^_^

Sorry but that arguement is invalid. You can't make a statement like that until the game is acutally released:rolleyes:

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:48
The pics are from www.gamespot.com

Oh! I know! I was saying gamespot or whoever they got the image from was photoshopped because it looks like but I wont assume it was!

This images looks better than anything I have seen in FarCry.. or not anything but alot of things.. :)

Crackitakk
31-03-04, 06:48
dont get me wrong....they both look like great grafx...but, farcry is stupid...no multiplayer

petek480
31-03-04, 06:50
dont get me wrong....they both look like great grafx...but, farcry is stupid...no multiplayer
Let me guess you haven't even played the game yet? Well great i'm wasting my time here arugeing with someone that don't even know what they're talking about. YAY!!!!

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:50
Oh! I know! I was saying gamespot or whoever they got the image from was photoshopped because it looks like but I wont assume it was!

This images looks better than anything I have seen in FarCry.. or not anything but alot of things.. :)

Sorry but that arguement is invalid. You can't make a statement like that until the game is acutally released

From information, things I have seen. I can make a statement like that! Watch that video. Watch the E3 trailers it shows everything that is possible with the Source Engine.. But you refuse too because you dont want to wait in line.. I guess we wont come to a conclusion.. ^_^

Edit: Would it also matter if I said I was AT E3 and seen the actual information given on Half Life 2?? ^_^ Lots of perks come with working in game industry and this was one of them.. :P

petek480
31-03-04, 06:53

Well you're intitled to your opinions and I respect that, especially considering you haven't even played far cry:rolleyes: But anyway, hl2 isn't even out so I don't know why we're debating which is better. You can't really debate until you've played both and you especially can't debete if you haven't even played any of them. So come back after you've played at least one and I'll be more then happy to argue with you.

And btw I am downloading the hl2 movie and got 30 minutes left.

Kasumi
31-03-04, 06:55
Well you're intitled to your opinions and I respect that, especially considering you haven't even played far cry:rolleyes: But anyway, hl2 isn't even out so I don't know why we're debating which is better. You can't really debate until you've played both and you especially can't debete if you haven't even played any of them. So come back after you've played at least one and I'll be more then happy to argue with you.

And btw I am downloading the hl2 movie and got 30 minutes left.

What the differnece between me playing and me watching my boyfriend play?? There is no different except the person at the computer!! ^_^

petek480
31-03-04, 06:58
What the differnece between me playing and me watching my boyfriend play?? There is no different except the person at the computer!! ^_^
You watched him play it until he beat it, if he did? Because I really don't think so. You say the enviroment is blocky when it isn't. You say the models aren't photorealistic like hl2 models are:rolleyes: Even though they are better looking. I'm starting to think you're just a hl fun and are bias and won't even give far cry a chance.

Kasumi
31-03-04, 07:00
You watched him play it until he beat it, if he did? Because I really don't think so. You say the enviroment is blocky when it isn't. You say the models aren't photorealistic like hl2 models are:rolleyes: Even though they are better looking. I'm starting to think you're just a hl fun and are bias and won't even give far cry a chance.

No! I dont play Half Life!! I was just impressed with the source engine, and I have not been impressed with the Crytek engine. Something in the enviroment are blocky not the actualy enviroment!! Grr!

The models are better looking than HL2 models? I dont think so! ^_^

Here are GOOD screenshots of Half Life 2.. ^_^

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_08.jpg

Show me a FarCry screenshot as good as this one.. ^_^

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_07.jpg

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_04.jpg

Look at her face, you can actually see various "things" on her face.. :P

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_02.jpg

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_21.jpg

petek480
31-03-04, 07:05
No! I dont play Half Life!! I was just impressed with the source engine, and I have not been impressed with the Crytek engine. Something in the enviroment are blocky not the actualy enviroment!! Grr!

Well if "something" in the enviroment was blocky then I suggest you telling your boyfriend to get a better computer, becuase on my computer everything was smooth and nothing was blocky.

Crackitakk
31-03-04, 07:06
dont be a dick.....does it have multiplayer lol? i only played beta....it sucked, didnt run very well

Kasumi
31-03-04, 07:08
Well if "something" in the enviroment was blocky then I suggest you telling your boyfriend to get a better computer, becuase on my computer everything was smooth and nothing was blocky.

My boyfriend has a Alienware Area-51m Extreme. He got one the last time he was in america.. ^_^

petek480
31-03-04, 07:14
Here are GOOD screenshots of Half Life 2.. ^_^

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_02.jpg

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/492/492830/img_1984542.html

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_13.jpg

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_04.jpg
Look at her face, you can actually see various "things" on her face.. :P

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/5869_2004-03-22_07.jpg

Show me a FarCry screenshot as good as this one.. ^_^
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen058.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen052.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen045.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen031.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen075.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/371314_20040225_screen004.jpg

Btw i'm not saying that hl2 graphics aren't good either becuase they are and I'm really looking forward to hl2. It's just the people that don't even want to give far cry a chance and say it sucks becuase they're a hl2 fan and odnt' like the fact that far cry came out before hl2 with a lot of the stuff hl2 was gonna have.

Kasumi
31-03-04, 07:19

Btw i'm not saying that hl2 graphics aren't good either becuase they are and I'm really looking forward to hl2. It's just the people that don't even want to give far cry a chance and say it sucks becuase they're a hl2 fan and odnt' like the fact that far cry came out before hl2 with a lot of the stuff hl2 was gonna have.

I would like to say! I dont play either, I dont plan to play either! I dont dislike either one more than the other.. If I gave you that impression I am sorry..

Edit: I may play Half Life 2 but thats is it! This doesnt mean I dont like FarCry.. ^_^

msdong
31-03-04, 07:41
to that blocky thing.
it can look a little artificial if u user 1024+ without antialias.
the plants dont look that good on this setting. this game need to have FAA enabled.

after all they are 2 different engines for different things.
its like compare the HL1 engine with the Operation Flashpoint engine.

AND i can not compare both because HL2 isn't even in a retail like status. (dont tell me about freakin alphas and betas dont like that) i learned the hard way that cool movies have nothing in common with with the game expirience on my PC.

Estabin
31-03-04, 08:34
Uhm, this is kinda silly HL2 and Doom3 Vs. Farcry? I plan on picking up Farcry and having fun with it, and I plan on picking up HL2 and Doom3 and having fun with it... one looking better than the other is no sweat off my back as long as all 3 are fun to play...

Just glad they finally put out a FPS that caught my eye, it has been a while since I picked one up or one that has caught my interest.

Marx
31-03-04, 17:33
Originally posted by Estabin
Uhm, this is kinda silly HL2 and Doom3 Vs. Farcry? I plan on picking up Farcry and having fun with it, and I plan on picking up HL2 and Doom3 and having fun with it... one looking better than the other is no sweat off my back as long as all 3 are fun to play...

Just glad they finally put out a FPS that caught my eye, it has been a while since I picked one up or one that has caught my interest.

When I picked up Far Cry, I look at the box and think: "Ok, looks like I'll be fighting drug cartels or something".

Next thing you know I'm fighting invisable zombie things, things with huge ass hands and the like.

While I like the graphics on Far Cry, I don't think it could be compared to HL2 or Doom 3 just yet - because we can't play them and have to rely on the accounts of others as to if 'they're all that and a bag of potato chips'.

I'm looking forward to HL 2 and Doom 3 - but moreso to Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl (http://www.stalker-game.com/), who doesn't get nearly enough attention from the market.

Timster
31-03-04, 17:41

Check it out

Well, im playing UT2k4, BFV, CarCry and Neocron.

Multiplayer in Farcry is rubbsih, seemed like and after thought, 3 really poor unoriginal game modes, and online its all through ubi.com's online play system which believe it or not...is worse than NC's net coding.

Yea graphically its very nice. but multiplayer wise its poo.

UT2K4 and BFV both have nice looking graphics (granted maybe not as detailed as farcry on exteriors, but on interiors farcrys engine is poo) and are awesome multiplayer, ut2k4 is also good single player.

so id say if youre going for graphics and not content, get farcry. if youre looking for some wholesome gameplay + multiplayer go for ut2k4, if youre looking for mutiplayer goodness go for bfv.

naimex
31-03-04, 18:54
just to go off topic and into the topic that has apparently entered this thread..

I heard that HalfLife 2 is only able to run clean and smooth, properly, on a Radeon Graphics Card..

Can anyone con-/de- firm this ?

petek480
31-03-04, 19:22
Originally posted by naimex
just to go off topic and into the topic that has apparently entered this thread..

I heard that HalfLife 2 is only able to run clean and smooth, properly, on a Radeon Graphics Card..

Can anyone con-/de- firm this ?
Last I heard HL2 will run better on an radeon. It has something to do with nvidia not wanting to release all there information about there chips making it harder for valve to optimize the game for there chip sets.

Timster
01-04-04, 01:37
based on the last lot of HL2 benchmark tests, yes the card ran better on a radeon based chipset than nv chipset.

this however, as has already been pointed out, was probably a side effect of nvidia acting like gmen too much so the engine programmers didnt have enough info from nvidia to optimise the rendering on nv based chipsets.

so...atm here where its stands:

ati = hl2
nv = doom3

but...who knows. by the time they come out each side may have enough info to optimise their engines for the other chipsets. but who knows.

historically speaking this is the way itll play out:

ati = hl2
nv = doom3

and programmers will blame the other hardware architecture for the lag, and just keep fobbing off the community until the opposing cards are so powerful it overcomes the engines or hardwares inefficiency.

personally, ive just moved from nvidia to ati and on everygame (not just hl2) i get consistently higher framerates and rendering quality (compared to the same spec nvidia card), and i get hl2 free.

so hey, id say go with an ati radeon card over nvidia, but at the end of the day its up to u.

Smacktard
01-04-04, 05:12
I got an ATI Radeon Pro 128Mb DDR graphics card and it runs FarCry with no slowdown on Very High settings and AntiAliasing turned on.

Crackitakk
01-04-04, 14:06
im not saying farcry grafix suck, it just doesnt run well....kno wwhat i meen? like halo pc....lkickass grafix and everything but it just doesnt run well, even if u have a godly pc....but ut2004 runs extreemely well and has awsome grafix and max payne 2 runs well and has kickass grafix...farcry didnt seem to run well, although i only played the early beta....

alig
01-04-04, 16:46
Half Life 2
Far Cry

That has to be the most biased post ever.....You know and I know that Half Life 2 does'nt look like that.

And where is that picture from? because i've never seen it.

This is what Half life 2 looks like

http://www.mbnet.fi/pelihalli/peliluola/messut/e303/isot/half-life2_2.jpg
http://www.gamegal.com/halflife2_pc_pre/2.jpg
FarCry
:http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/371314_20040323_screen005.jpg
Half Life 2 again...
http://www.mbnet.fi/pelihalli/peliluola/messut/e303/isot/half-life2_1.jpg So next time either post a picture of the game and not some picture probably captured from a video of half life 2:rolleyes:

Smacktard
01-04-04, 17:23
Hey alig, see that fogging in the background in that Half-Life 2 screenshot of the giant cranes and the ship?

FarCry does not have any fogging! You can see clearly for a loooong way. Draw distance in FarCry has to be seen to be believed.

The draw distance in FarCry is revolutionary. It's new. Bet you didn't know that.

THAT is what has got everybody going apeshit over FarCry. The outside environments.

Timster
01-04-04, 17:32
erm, smacktard, for youre names sake, do you know know that designers use volumetic fog to reinforce the 'pathetic thallasy' of an environment and its atmosphere? (thus to bring tention and detail to a specific environment to reinforce the gameplay and storyline?)

cos i do - but thats just a biproduct of being a developer.

go get the "available version" of hl2, theres no fog in that, and play the buggy level, and the draw distance is incredible.

god i love debunking stupid gamers who really dont have a clue how games are designed.

Smacktard
02-04-04, 04:10
What is it with you half-life 2 propagandists? You think nothing is better than your stupid game. All you half-live 2 lovers got is this:

A video trailer, screenshots. Guess what? No game!!!! hahahaha:lol:

FarCry is here and now! People will play half-life 2 and say this:

" Hmmmm, looks just like FarCry! " And then quit playing because it's nothing new. Half-Life 2 has been delt a mortal blow by UbiSoft / Crytek.

Doom 3, forget about it. The hype is over now. FarCry is here and what we have is Doom3 and Half-Life 2 all bundled into one game, and that game is FarCry.

FarCry game of the year, no question.

petek480
02-04-04, 04:45
So next time either post a picture of the game and not some picture probably captured from a video of half life 2:rolleyes:
It is of half life 2 and not from a video, if you don't believe go check www.gamespot.com. Btw thanks for proving my point. Half Life 2 graphics are 100 times better then far cry like some people seem to think. Hell you can't even believe that pic is of Half Life 2 becuase the graphics aren't 100 times better then far cry.

StrongSad
02-04-04, 05:29
LMAO, what is with people posting links to the E3 HL2 video? Lets break that video down.

1) It was scripted, so can anyone say they have ever played with the real AI of HL2? Hmmmm, NO!!
2) The video was made for E3, so if your going to tell me it wasnt manicured and digitally enhanced, your naieve.
3) People say it has revolutionary physics, BUT....once again, Valve had plenty of time before E3 to make that demo look amazing.

Now, when people say HL2 has better physics than Farcry. Wrong again. Ever played that underrater game called Max Payne 2? Guess what physics engine it uses. Havok 2. Which is the same one HL2 uses!!! *gasp*. If MP2 wasnt anything revolutionary physics wise, I hate to break it to HL2 fans, but it wont be anything special either. If you people have ever played farcry and experimented with the physics engine you would realize it as good if not better than Max Payne 2.

@Crackitak....Have you ever played played the multiplayer in HL2? NO. So stop saying it is better than Farcry when you have never played it/never seen it. Farcry MP isnt anything spectacular, but you CANT possibly say HL2 is any better as of now. At least farcry is out!

I give game of the year to Farcry also. They did what HL2 and Doom3 planned to do months ago. Next generation graphics, next generation AI....that does it for me.

Kasumi
02-04-04, 05:29
It is of half life 2 and not from a video, if you don't believe go check www.gamespot.com. Btw thanks for proving my point. Half Life 2 graphics are 100 times better then far cry like some people seem to think. Hell you can't even believe that pic is of Half Life 2 becuase the graphics aren't 100 times better then far cry.

I wont say HL2 looks 100 times better than FarCry because it doesnt. However, HL2 DOES look better than FarCry in alot of ways.. Just by looking at the screenshots.. :) Look at the gun in the HL2 screenshot, you can see the "dents" "rust stains" and whatever else. IT loook realistic.. The gun in the farcry screenshot look plain and not lots of detail! The HL2 Water looks more realistic as well..

http://www.mbnet.fi/pelihalli/peliluola/messut/e303/isot/half-life2_1.jpg

Look at the paint on the metal on the ground by the water.. I dont see that to often in FarCry.. There is not much "graphical" problem iun that picture except the rock in the water which look really odd.. ^-^

There is this one too! I have not seen much in FarCry that looks this good~! BUt I havent seen all of FarCry! ^-^ I know HL2 isnt 100 times better looking but it is better looking than FarCry and the graphics are not the only thing thta makes HL2 better.. Its the physics engine and everything! ^-^

StrongSad
02-04-04, 05:54
obviously didnt read my post :rolleyes: Why do I even bother?

petek480
02-04-04, 06:07
and the graphics are not the only thing thta makes HL2 better
See it's this kind of crap that pisses me off. HL2 is not out you cannot say HL2 is better and plus you haven't even played Far Cry. Now like I said before I'm also looking forward to HL2 and I don't hate the game and i'm hoping it's great like everyone says it is. But don't say it's better then Far Cry until you've played them both. Pictures and videos only say so much.

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 06:27
smacktard did u watch any of the hl2 videos....i bleve one shows the new effects and the new draw distance...and i watched it and they showd some sky scrapers off in the distance....really far with absolutely no fog....farcry grafix are good ill give u that....but they arent revolutionary...

petek480
02-04-04, 06:30
farcry grafix are good ill give u that....but they arent revolutionary...
Far Cry came out befor HL2 so yes they are revolutionary.

And that video with the skyscrappers was just to show was the engine can do, HL2 won't look like that.

Kasumi
02-04-04, 06:34
See it's this kind of crap that pisses me off. HL2 is not out you cannot say HL2 is better and plus you haven't even played Far Cry. Now like I said before I'm also looking forward to HL2 and I don't hate the game and i'm hoping it's great like everyone says it is. But don't say it's better then Far Cry until you've played them both. Pictures and videos only say so much.

I read about the HL2 engine, and many other things available to it.. ^_^

Now, when people say HL2 has better physics than Farcry. Wrong again. Ever played that underrater game called Max Payne 2? Guess what physics engine it uses. Havok 2. Which is the same one HL2 uses!!! *gasp*. If MP2 wasnt anything revolutionary physics wise, I hate to break it to HL2 fans, but it wont be anything special either. If you people have ever played farcry and experimented with the physics engine you would realize it as good if not better than Max Payne 2.

HL 2 uses Valve own engine called the Source Engine.. so how do they use the same engine???

1) It was scripted, so can anyone say they have ever played with the real AI of HL2? Hmmmm, NO!!
2) The video was made for E3, so if your going to tell me it wasnt manicured and digitally enhanced, your naieve.
3) People say it has revolutionary physics, BUT....once again, Valve had plenty of time before E3 to make that demo look amazing.

I am sorry but you are ASSSUMEINg they made it look better! you have no proof, and watching the directX 9 movie from Vavle shows how good the Source Engine is.. I guess you havent watched it have you???

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 06:34
smacktard ur the one whos obsessed with farcry...ur the propagandist. im excited for hl2 but im no fanboy, and from what ive played of farcry and what ive seen in hl2 (all 5 or 6 videos and screens) hl2 truely looks like something we have never seen before...farcry has AIMAIZING grafix, but its honestly nothing new....i havnt played farcry enough to see if the storyline is any good, but ive played the original hl and it sets it up like a movie and u become fully engrossed.

last thing i wanna bring up...is go to fileplanet and download the dx9 hl2 effects video, it will blow ur mind, u will see what i was saying about those skyscrapers in the distance and no fog whatever....some truely aimaizing grafix

petek480
02-04-04, 06:37
I read about the HL2 engine, and many other things available to it.. ^_^
And your point is? Why do you think if you see or read about something you're an expert about it? To experience a game you must play it not read about it. Just becuase they say there engine can do something doesn't mean it's gonna be good. If that was true then every game that uses HL2 engine gonna be just as good as HL2?

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 06:39
Far Cry came out befor HL2 so yes they are revolutionary.

im saying that theres games with grafix as good as farcry....and nno one is "hyping" this game....no one cares

Kasumi
02-04-04, 06:40
And your point is? Why do you think if you see or read about something you're an expert about it? To experience a game you must play it not read about it. Just becuase they say there engine can do something doesn't mean it's gonna be good. If that was true then every game that uses HL2 engine gonna be just as good as HL2?

Hasnt only one game company liscense the Source Engine? and an engine is only as good as the developers who MAKE It! So I do believe the Source Engine can do what they say.. Why would Valve lie? Disappoint almost a million Half Life fans???? I wouldnt say I am an expert at game developing since I have only had the pleassure to work with the GRAPHICAL parts of a game..

petek480
02-04-04, 06:45
What ever, I'm finished with this thread theres no point in argueing with you people. Once you've actually played at least one of the games(not beta but retail version of the game and reading or watching videos of the game doesn't count either) then come back and I might continue but otherwise i'm finished.

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 06:49
mmkay.....all i gotta say is how the hell did we get to compairing the 2 games? theyre completely fuckin different, and honest to god, the last thing i care about is grafix....some of my favorite games have crappy grafix......as for physics engine, the best ive ever seen is halo, its insanely good

Kasumi
02-04-04, 06:50
mmkay.....all i gotta say is how the hell did we get to compairing the 2 games? theyre completely fuckin different, and honest to god, the last thing i care about is grafix....some of my favorite games have crappy grafix......as for physics engine, the best ive ever seen is halo, its insanely good

It 2:00PM and I am bored! So I have to argue with someone! ^-^

petek480
02-04-04, 06:50
How did we get started fighting about the two games? Don't know, maybe you should ask one of the people that haven't even played one of the two games but still think HL2 is better.

Smacktard
02-04-04, 06:53
I've downloaded the 600MB Half-Life 2 video okay, I've seen it on my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900U nineteen inch monitor, being fed by my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb DDR video card and by my Alienware Area 51 desktop computer.

That guy was correct in saying that the Half Life 2 video was doctored and manicured. You are very wise my friend. It was digitally enhanced no doubt about it because it was made for E3 you idiots!!!!!!!!!!!! They are trying to sell their game!! Duh!!!

People when someone says they got State-of-the-Art Graphic technology in their game, it means just that. It means they were the first to get there, a finished complete game with all the goods and brand new never before seen state of the art graphics!

Not screenshots or doctored up video, a complete working game!! Valve and Id got caught with their pants down and UbiSoft / Crytek are laughing all the way to the bank.

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 06:53
rofl, rite...as for smacktard: thers no fuckin way that farcry is hl2 and doom3 put together into one....thats retarted rofl.....thats like saying 4+X=Vagina....just doesnt work, It would make sence if u sed "farcry is like jamaca and vietnam combined or sumthing....but i meen cmon....

Kasumi
02-04-04, 06:55
I've downloaded the 600MB Half-Life 2 video okay, I've seen it on my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900U nineteen inch monitor, being fed by my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb DDR video card and by my Alienware Area 51 desktop computer.

That guy was correct in saying that the Half Life 2 video was doctored and manicured. You are very wise my friend. It was digitally enhanced no doubt about it because it was made for E3 you idiots!!!!!!!!!!!! They are trying to sell their game!! Duh!!!

People when someone says they got State-of-the-Art Graphic technology in their game, it means just that. It means they were the first to get there, a finished complete game with all the goods and brand new never before seen state of the art graphics!

Not screenshots or doctored up video, a complete working game!! Valve and Id got cought with their pants down and UbiSoft / Crytek are laughing all the way to the bank.

This was NOT shown at E3, dowload the DirectX9 effect video.. ^_^ Have any of you been to E3?? I say samething as petek480 how can you say something is "enhanced" if you have never been to E3?

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 06:58
omfg smacktard, if i knew how to flame....i would start doing it to u rite now cuz ur being retarted....u think ubi and valve are enemies...they generally make different types of games and arent in competition! valve didnt get caught with there pants down.....lol ur so stupid, how do u come up with this shit....next post i make is gonna be a list of retarted quotes from u.....no offence but u have the most EXTREEM statements that just arent true most of the time

petek480
02-04-04, 06:58
rofl, rite...as for smacktard: thers no fuckin way that farcry is hl2 and doom3 put together into one....thats retarted rofl.....thats like saying 4+X=Vagina....just doesnt work, It would make sence if u sed "farcry is like jamaca and vietnam combined or sumthing....but i meen cmon....
I know I said I was finished with this thread but I'm just gonna say one more thing. How do you know? Aren't yout he one that only played beta and even thought Far Cry didn't have multiplayer??? Everything Valve and ID said there games are going to have is in Far Cry. Maybe if you play the fucking game and not some crappy beta that you probably played for only 5 minutes you would see that.

Edit: crackitakk, let me help you get that quote list started.

"but, farcry is stupid...no multiplayer"

Oh wait you said that:rolleyes:

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 07:02
i was trying to say that they arent similar in story line....but im not sure...i thot farcry was about something else...like not monsters and stuff, i dunno, just kuz of this im gonna go buy the fuckig game and play it to seee if its better than the shitty beta and the demo i played

Smacktard
02-04-04, 07:08
No kidding! These people who play beta are forgetting what Beta means. It's BETA!!!! Get it?

I would wager that Valve and Id had closed door meetings the monday morning after that weekend that FarCry was released.

I am sure that the shit hit the fan and supervisors were yelling and screaming at their developers to get things in gear at Valve and Id.

I would wager again that the release dates for Doom 3 and Half Life 2 will be pushed up now because of the tremendous success of FarCry and the advanced state of the art graphics.

Smacktard
02-04-04, 07:12
I just wanted to say that I love NEOCRON and there is no better massive online game in my opinion. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to discuss other games on your forum Reakktor.

:)

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 07:19
I would wager that Valve and Id had closed door meetings the monday morning after that weekend that FarCry was released.

doubt that...see thats the only thing thats been bothering me about this thread...is that u think farcry is already pounding hl2 into the ground. theres a grand canyon sized gap between the release dats and by the time hl2 comes out, for the most part farcry will be forgotten (not to say people wont still play it) and people will NOT be comparing the two games, u make it sound as if farcry blew all chances of hl2 ever being a success...and no matter wich game is bett....even if its farcry...we all know that hl2 will be HUGE because of its already devoted following and all this hype. im sorry to break it to u, but no matter what, hl2 will be the more popular game....im going to buy farcry cuz u made it sound great....but u cant say stuff as extreme as "the shit hit the fan for valve" its not true...valve prolly doesnt give a shit

edit: i so agree about neocron, kiickass game :D

Mattimeo
02-04-04, 07:23
No kidding! These people who play beta are forgetting what Beta means. It's BETA!!!! Get it?

I am sure that the shit hit the fan and supervisors were yelling and screaming at their developers to get things in gear at Valve and Id.

I would wager again that the release dates for Doom 3 and Half Life 2 will be pushed up now because of the tremendous success of FarCry and the advanced state of the art graphics.

I would wager that Valve and iD have much better things to do with their time than discuss farcry.

I would further wager that if their story departments arent mentally handicapped then their supervisors are laughing at farcry.

and uhm, I dunno what crazy backwards planet YOU come from, but here on earth to compete with a product we make sure it's better, you know by doing things like take our time and do it right.

But then again on your planet graphics are god, even if the story is shit :rolleyes:

petek480
02-04-04, 07:28
Originally posted by Mattimeo
even if the story is shit :rolleyes:
Story wasn't shit in Far Cry. And may I remind you of a game called Half Life. If I recall correctly it's story wasn't that great, but it was shit a huge success. Oh wait isn't Half Life 2 the sequel of that game:rolleyes:

Smacktard
02-04-04, 07:29
Alright this is my last statement on the FarCry game and on this thread:

There comes a time in every gamers life where he/she remembers a significant event that forever changes the way he/she feels about computer gaming.

An event that stays with you for decades if not the rest of your life. Mine was the first time I played Doom.

I experienced it again when I played the original Half-Life.

I experienced it again recently when I played the first level of FarCry and each succeeding level after that, and after emerging from that cavern at the beginning of the game and stepped out onto that cliff overlooking all that is FarCry.

Ladies and Gentlemen, FarCry is that significant event and it is here now! And a MOD community that will be growing.

Peace

alig
03-04-04, 10:19
OK if farcry was so good, why isnt it a worldwide sellout? because i can almost gurantee you that you wont be getting half life 2 or doom3 on the first day unless you pre-order.

And pete...when i look at half life 2 i think 'realism' .... farcry isnt realistic and whoever said max payne 2 engine physics was shit, what? and one more thing, the havok engine cant only be used JUST for how rockstar games want it to look. And can someone go find an official letter of someone from Valve saying half life 2 was scripted, tyvm and see you never because a rumour is a rumour.

Pete about the story, half life 2 is using the best games story writers on the planet so how on earth you think it will have a shit story i dont know, thats like saying lord of the rings book was o.k written. Half life wasnt different, it wasnt the same it had an edge on it like no other game, its story was unique and revolutionized how a fps plays so do shut up, Before that we had games like ... well games that are based on a story already been thought of, like goldeneye the game was based on the _film_ and for you all i give to you Painkiller, its got better graphics, physics and sound than FarCry. Go. Look. Go on!.

LoL it seems that Painkiller uses the Havok engine as well, Ironic! :lol:

shodanjr_gr
03-04-04, 10:33
Okie, got the game 2 days ago and played it quite a bit.

GFX ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! UBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound is also really cool (not so good voice acting though).

AI isnt bad, but its not HL :( (although it does have its good moments, quite a few of em).

Missions arent bad either, and u dont have to advance on rails, u actually have choices on how to play a level (stealth, head on, etc). I just wish there were silenced weapons.

All in all, a really good game with memorable moments. Dont think it will beat HL2 but it was definetely worth its money.

rob444
03-04-04, 16:37
Farcry sucks, it's just a remade Chrome and added some Ravenshield and Splinter Cell 1 FX into it, and yeah, they've improved the physics engine..

EDIT: And I cant understand how people can say that Farcry has beaten Doom 3 and HL2 when they havent played the two games yet. I bet that Doom 3 will rock.

petek480
03-04-04, 16:46
OK if farcry was so good, why isnt it a worldwide sellout? because i can almost gurantee you that you wont be getting half life 2 or doom3 on the first day unless you pre-order.

And pete...when i look at half life 2 i think 'realism' .... farcry isnt realistic and whoever said max payne 2 engine physics was shit, what? and one more thing, the havok engine cant only be used JUST for how rockstar games want it to look. And can someone go find an official letter of someone from Valve saying half life 2 was scripted, tyvm and see you never because a rumour is a rumour.

Pete about the story, half life 2 is using the best games story writers on the planet so how on earth you think it will have a shit story i dont know, thats like saying lord of the rings book was o.k written. Half life wasnt different, it wasnt the same it had an edge on it like no other game, its story was unique and revolutionized how a fps plays so do shut up, Before that we had games like ... well games that are based on a story already been thought of, like goldeneye the game was based on the _film_ and for you all i give to you Painkiller, its got better graphics, physics and sound than FarCry. Go. Look. Go on!.

LoL it seems that Painkiller uses the Havok engine as well, Ironic! :lol:
You know alig, you're right and I was wrong. What was I thinking???? All I did was play Far Cry unlike you who only played the game. I have no idea how I thought I could win this fight with your extensive knowledge of Far Cry. I am sorry, can you ever forgive me?

alig
03-04-04, 18:07
You know alig, you're right and I was wrong. What was I thinking???? All I did was play Far Cry unlike you who only played the game. I have no idea how I thought I could win this fight with your extensive knowledge of Far Cry. I am sorry, can you ever forgive me?

So that means i win :lol:

I've got FarCry. nib :rolleyes:

Cubico
03-04-04, 18:30
EDIT: And I cant understand how people can say that Farcry has beaten Doom 3 and HL2 when they havent played the two games yet. I bet that Doom 3 will rock.

And I cant understand people who believe all the hype. :p

petek480
03-04-04, 18:42
So that means i win :lol:
If you don't know what sarcasm is then yes.

I've got FarCry. nib :rolleyes:
Well how am I suppose to know you have the game even though you say in like the second or third page of this third you haven't bought it yet.

alig
03-04-04, 19:04
Whats sarcasm? :rolleyes:

I didnt have the game then but i do now and i never said farcry was shit but you started it. I didnt think farcry would be better than half life 2 then and now i've got farcry i know, and im judging by Valve's word, Valves past and videos/screenshots from HL2, not all developers lie through their teeth. This is the only forum i come to that the devs persistantly lie to their customers (and unlike most games, we actually pay them monthy)

StrongSad
04-04-04, 20:28
Havok physics is at the heart of the eagerly awaited Half Life 2 from Valve Software.

Since Source uses a modified version of the Havoc physics code, Valve has made things easier still by authorizing the use of Havoc for all Source licensees.

HOLY SHIT....TAKIN STRAIGHT FROM THE HAVOK WEBSITE AND IGN. I wonder why it was Valve was at risk from being sued by Havok because the sourse code was leaked? Guess that was a rumor :rolleyes: Kasumi all I ever see you do is post BS on issues you have no clue about. "My boyfriend played it!!" Oh right....and my 2nd cousin's friend also has a late Doom3 beta that I "saw" ;) It rox.

Besides, if people dont realize that pretty much EVERY E3 video is played up and scripted/manicured (in some way or another) then your simply naive. If HL2 was so great an finished and the AI was insanley revolutionary at E3, then why the hell did they not have a playable demo setup? Hmmmmm... I wonder why the leaked "beta" several months AFTER E3 had no AI anywhere to be found? Hmmmmm... Guess that didnt need testing. :rolleyes: Do people always believe ALL of the hype around a game, or it just the HL2 fanboys?

alig
04-04-04, 20:48
1) HL2 will never have a playable demo, its already been said. 2) That was 1 year ago, and not all the source code was stolen. 3) Most people believe Valve, only people that play this game alone think that devs talk bollocks. 4) I'd say about 75% of the planets gamers have played and thought HL was either O.K, Good, Very Good or The best fps shooter in the world, Valve have got a pretty big game to live upto and with 6 years im sure they can make a better game than HL.

Quoted from the front of my FarCry game

"The most exciting shooter since Half Life" 6 yrs ago and Valve have the same people working on HL2 as they did that one so im sure they will know how to improve it Alot!.

StrongSad
04-04-04, 21:19
only people that play this game alone think that devs talk bollocks

Well, we can agree on that I guess... :)

Most people believe Valve

No so sure that is true ;)

As for the demo, if valve wanted to display the amazing AI they had at E3, they would have had a closed demo setup for a select few to play. I dont know how anyone can say the game has good or bad AI just from watching a scripted movie....

Shakari
04-04-04, 21:48
graphics are great, but gameplay and multiplay are a load of crap :( bought it retail tried it hated it took it back lol :( and it had such nice potential but excellent graphics but poor gameplay and storyline still make a poor game :(

Parax
04-04-04, 22:00
http://www.confuzed-gamer.com/Parax/FarCry1.jpg
http://www.confuzed-gamer.com/Parax/FarCry2.jpg

current shooter: Far Cry > all :D

you also have to remember that Far Cry was created by a small, new founded german team and they created their own engine. So that isnt really comparable to a big elite team like valve is.

If we remember this, Far Cry is a bad ass game :D

Mattimeo
04-04-04, 23:44
graphics are great, but gameplay and multiplay are a load of crap :( bought it retail tried it hated it took it back lol :( and it had such nice potential but excellent graphics but poor gameplay and storyline still make a poor game :(

what he said, 100%

Rade
04-04-04, 23:47
Just played this game quite a bit and imo it sucks pretty hard for an fps.
Bargain bin material.

Nightbrother
05-04-04, 10:16
I don't play too many FPS-oriented games, but see them all at a friend's house, cause he's a huge FPS fan. He told me to come down and see Far Cry one day, and I must say I like it very much. I won't go too much into detail as to why I like it, but it's gorgeous, enemies have great AI most times, the atmosphere is captivating. Well, I like it, a lot. :D

msdong
05-04-04, 11:32
graphics are great, .... multiplay are a load of crap :( ...

wow, i find the MP part real cool. the assault mode is great with all the stuff you can do. only minus is that there are only 3 (or 4?) assault maps.

i never hate sniper more them in that game. they can be on a freakin hill on the end of the map and kick u out of you gat or VHC.

hehe but i like to blow up the walls and stuff :D

E: that wall stuff is one thing that kk should take a close look at .

alig
05-04-04, 19:19
current shooter: Far Cry > all :D

you also have to remember that Far Cry was created by a small, new founded german team and they created their own engine. So that isnt really comparable to a big elite team like valve is.

If we remember this, Far Cry is a bad ass game :D

I've got the game and dont want to continue a certain part because its fecking scary :lol: :mad: so dont get me wrong.

Just wanted to burst your bubble :p Half Life was Valve's first game btw, nuff said!.

Zanathos
05-04-04, 19:54
Theres a Half Life 2 demo?

Hmmm

Havent played far cry yet, me go look for demo when get home.

to do list

download farcry demo

play far cry

download half life 2 demo

play half life 2 demo

level up character in project entropia :D

alig
05-04-04, 20:34
Go find a warez website because HL2 demo is stolen source code and has absolutely _NOTHING_ in common with what we all know HL2 will be. Except for the name of it.

Farcry demo is 500mb a good website is http://www.gamershell.com ...nice speeds and no waiting. Search the DB for it. Get the Research demo of farcry (there are two, Research is the latest one).

Rith
05-04-04, 22:18

Why, are they only shipping to pre-order customers on the first day? Are the store's not getting it? Or is it some cunning stroke of marketing genius - count up all the pre-order stats from the stores and ONLY ship that amount... that'll teach those bastards for wanting to buy our game...

Anyway, back on topic:

Doom was ground breaking
Quake was technically good but didn't break new ground
Half Life was ground breaking
Deus Ex was ground breaking
Far Cry - the Quake of today. Graphics engine is superb - the distance rendering is amazing. Gameplay is pretty good, story pretty good. All in all - best game this year. Hasn't changed the way we look at Tactical FPS shooters - but its one of the best out there. A great example of how to do it right.

Buy Far Cry - its worth £34.99 easily.

Will HL2 or Doom 3 be as groundbreaking as their predecessors? Well everyone assumed Deus Ex would be and we got Deus Ex: Invisible War... funny thing is all these rabid fanbois will be the fastest to turn on valve/id if their next games turn out to be DE:IW style crock of shit. I sincerely hope they don't, but don't take it for granted. Lets see what they come out with and if it stacks up - then let loose with the rapid acclaim.

Rith

PS

Freespace 2 = best space sim ever made, sold like shit first time round... sometimes you can't judge a game on sales

alig
05-04-04, 23:50
Why, are they only shipping to pre-order customers on the first day? Are the store's not getting it? Or is it some cunning stroke of marketing genius - count up all the pre-order stats from the stores and ONLY ship that amount... that'll teach those bastards for wanting to buy our game...

Nope, they ship to retailers... :rolleyes: and customers will have to pre-order from their local retailer, as they did with ut2004 _IF_ they wanted ut2004 on the day it came out...yes somewhere in your country im sure a retailer will have spare copies because there isnt many gamers around the area.

DeusX 2 is not a shit game btw, i've never played deusX 1....i have DX:IW and if you dont compare it it is actually a really good game, bit short but still good.

Benjie
06-04-04, 00:43
LOL @ Crazy :lol:

The game isnt mind blowing, it doesnt do anything new.

Role on HL2

Agreed.

I only played the Demo, so I can't comment on the finished product.

I actually didn't like the Gameplay on the Demo. The sound was unbelivably average, and while the graphics _are_ very nice, they don't look as realistic as the graphics in Half Life 2, and the Minimum Requirements are much higher.

I predict either a disapointment or an overhyped game.

I mean, when Timesplitters 2 was released it received 96% in one magazine! Who cares about that crappy game anymore? Fallout 2 got 85% when it was released because it was graphically behind.

That says it all really.

StrongSad
06-04-04, 03:18
Just played this game quite a bit and imo it sucks pretty hard for an fps.
Bargain bin material.

Oh, the irony of that statement. Especially coming from a Neocron player!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007G79Q/qid=1081213896/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl63/102-9162737-3480115?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

:rolleyes: Oh well

Half Life was ground breaking

Hmmmmm......Didnt half-life use a lisenced version of the Quake engine? lol. The gameplay was ok, but I loved the story. Guess thats maybe, kinda, sorta, could-be, ground breaking. ;)

LordJammer
06-04-04, 09:25
for you all i give to you Painkiller, its got better graphics, physics and sound than FarCry. Go. Look. Go on!.
lol, come on!
i got the press release, gameplay isn't that bad, but graphics are nothing compared to FarCry.
I hope that was a joke, lol.

Organics
06-04-04, 20:05
Good fucking game.

Playing the demo(s) at the moment, probably going to pick it up soon. Who cares about comparing to HL2? By the time HL2 is out, Farcry will probably be completed by 99% of people who bought it and are wanting something fresh/new to play.

Amusing when people compare a released, complete game, to something that hasn't even probably been finished yet :lol:

Mattimeo
06-04-04, 20:30
Amusing when people compare a released, complete game, to something that hasn't even probably been finished yet :lol:

The unreleased game already has a better storyline. I don't even need to see it to know that (mainly my faith in humanity is strong enough to believe noone else could make a storyline this insipid).