PDA

View Full Version : Implementing the Empire vs. Empire system now…

RayBob
27-03-04, 04:53
I realize that many people value the role-playing aspect of Neocron above all else; however, there are quite a few of us that live for PvP. I count myself among the latter group.

On Pluto, Fallen Angels and Black Dragon seem to fight together as a faction rather than as any one clan. I think that’s pretty cool and nobody seems to mind it. No lame “OMG you brought 3 clans! Zerg! Zerg!” accusations. Isn’t that the way the game was meant to be played?

I have a radical suggestion for all of the clans that want to participate in OP fights on Pluto. Let’s pick 2 factions which are hostile to each other and all move to one of the 2 sides and then fight together as faction A vs. faction B. If you enjoy PvP, and even if you don’t want to be in a clan, just join one of the opposing factions. Whenever you log on, you can check faction chat and usually find one of your faction’s OPs under attack.

The majority of the OPs would be owned by one of the 2 opposing factions, thus there would be lots of OPs available for each side to GR into (assuming all OPs are set to Faction Only). It doesn’t matter which clan does the final hack level at any OP as long as some clan in your faction does it.

We all know how boring the game can get without Op action and this system should create a lot more activity for all of us. We also know how hard it is to have enough PPUs, APUs, tanks, hackers, etc online in order to have a proper OP fight using only one clan. By working together as a faction, there will not be a need for the mega clans. We can have a lot more smaller clans of people that actually know each other.

Ray

Ascension
27-03-04, 04:56
Originally posted by RayBob
I realize that many people value the role-playing aspect of Neocron above all else; however, there are quite a few of us that live for PvP. I count myself among the latter group.

On Pluto, Fallen Angels and Black Dragon seem to fight together as a faction rather than as any one clan. I think that’s pretty cool and nobody seems to mind it. No lame “OMG you brought 3 clans! Zerg! Zerg!” accusations. Isn’t that the way the game was meant to be played?

I have a radical suggestion for all of the clans that want to participate in OP fights on Pluto. Let’s pick 2 factions which are hostile to each other and all move to one of the 2 sides and then fight together as faction A vs. faction B. If you enjoy PvP, and even if you don’t want to be in a clan, just join one of the opposing factions. Whenever you log on, you can check faction chat and usually find one of your faction’s OPs under attack.

The majority of the OPs would be owned by one of the 2 opposing factions, thus there would be lots of OPs available for each side to GR into (assuming all OPs are set to Faction Only). It doesn’t matter which clan does the final hack level at any OP as long as some clan in your faction does it.

We all know how boring the game can get without Op action and this system should create a lot more activity for all of us. We also know how hard it is to have enough PPUs, APUs, tanks, hackers, etc online in order to have a proper OP fight using only one clan. By working together as a faction, there will not be a need for the mega clans. We can have a lot more smaller clans of people that actually know each other.

Ray

Damn right i totally agree.. i could be done.. and if it doenst happen now, it will for sure with DOY!

Forget My Name
27-03-04, 04:58
Biotech does this already :)

Faction chat is always ticking away with chatter

RayBob
27-03-04, 05:02
This would actually serve as a test of the empire vs. empire system and we might even get some GM support to reset everyone's faction sympathies to make the transition easier.

seratoz
27-03-04, 05:05
Yes i have to say, Biotech is one of the first to truely work together and its mad cool. Always got someone to talk to and it feels more like a family. Not to mention you DONT HAVE TO FIGHT. But for those who are pvp its great

Xtro
27-03-04, 05:06
What an excellent Idea how come nobody has thought of this before...........oh they have..........then why is it not happening.........because its very hard to get people to work together for the good of the comunity people won't do anything untill pushed into it. which will as Ray said happen at DOY so yes lets get ready for it. oh by the way i'm staying tangent so you will have to move here ;)

RayBob
27-03-04, 05:11
Originally posted by Xtro
...oh by the way i'm staying tangent so you will have to move here ;) :p I don't care which side I am on, I am just bored with the lack of OP action. It would probably have to be TG vs. some pro-city faction: TT, CA, DRE, BT, it doesn't really matter. This would also eliminate the SL loss problems. Right now it is a mess with lots of neutral and even allied clans fighting each other.

rhPhMe
27-03-04, 08:29
This idea sounds like it will be a great addition to Neocron....

KK get to work***

;)

Biznatchy
27-03-04, 08:50
The major problem with this is that it promotes huge clans with huge battles. That removes most of the skill of op fights. Ive been in op wars that had well over 30 runners on each side and it was cool but you didnt have the idea that your performance really counted as much as 5 or 6 on each side with smaller clans fighting over much needed ground.

Lets not forget the relaity of the neocron netcode that isnt being upgraded with the DOY. Lag gets off the scale in larger battles.

RayBob
27-03-04, 09:01
Originally posted by Biznatchy
The major problem with this is that it promotes huge clans with huge battles.Quite to the contrary. I think it will promote long battles at mutiple locations with multiple smaller clans. I envison multi-hour fights at an OP with wave after wave of attackers, teams from all different clans attacking and defending all over the zone. Some clans will attack nearby OPs to prevent regrouping, others will guard public GRs, but all will be working for the same faction.

Opar
27-03-04, 10:16
Try it out on test server.

We dont wanna screw over servers even more.

AND IT would completely fuck over doY, as one of the main features will already be here.

RayBob
27-03-04, 10:36
Originally posted by Opar
...AND IT would completely fuck over doY, as one of the main features will already be here. Oh, please. Why do you think KK is changing their game to an Empire vs. Empire combat model? Because they are aware of the problems with the current 12 faction system. Anything that promotes more action on the server also produces higher and higher average server populations, as people tend to stay on longer if there is activity. Ultimately, it benefits all of us still playing and patiently waiting what could easily be 4-5 months for the release of BDoY. I suggest we take it upon ourselves to improve the game right now. Like it or not, Empire vs. Empire is the future of Neocron. I suggest we embrace it now and immediately improve our mutual gaming experience without having to wait for BDoY.

applejuice
27-03-04, 12:49
I suggest we embrace it now and immediately improve our mutual gaming experience without having to wait for BDoY.

you should go in real life politics my friend :)

Carinth
27-03-04, 22:21
I happen to like Tsunami and I don't ever plan on changing faction. Nor will I move my clan because being Tsunami is part of what defines it. If we change faction's we might as well make a new clan, it won't be Pimp anymore. I'm sure there are others that won't want to change either.

Biznatchy
27-03-04, 23:24
Quite to the contrary. I think it will promote long battles at mutiple locations with multiple smaller clans. I envison multi-hour fights at an OP with wave after wave of attackers, teams from all different clans attacking and defending all over the zone. Some clans will attack nearby OPs to prevent regrouping, others will guard public GRs, but all will be working for the same faction.

Many have visions of great things, just too bad they are all not the same visions.

Opar
27-03-04, 23:58
Oh, please. Why do you think KK is changing their game to an Empire vs. Empire combat model? Because they are aware of the problems with the current 12 faction system. Anything that promotes more action on the server also produces higher and higher average server populations, as people tend to stay on longer if there is activity. Ultimately, it benefits all of us still playing and patiently waiting what could easily be 4-5 months for the release of BDoY. I suggest we take it upon ourselves to improve the game right now. Like it or not, Empire vs. Empire is the future of Neocron. I suggest we embrace it now and immediately improve our mutual gaming experience without having to wait for BDoY.

Aaaaaaaand destroy one of DoYs main features.

And im gonna say that to everyone who disagrees with me.

LiL T
28-03-04, 00:16
I like this idea and it would be very fun me thinks TG vs CM but I don't think everyone would make the move to another faction. To many people taking the game to heart AKA BD vs the world but we could do this with GM help. All anti city switch to TG and all pro city switch to CM it would rock mass op fights mass raids and it would test out the Doy faction setup I like it :)

LiL T
28-03-04, 00:30
Aaaaaaaand destroy one of DoYs main features.

Yeah but look I'm getting bored of fighting in the aggies and pepper park I don't like doing it hurts the n00bs I PK people when theres nothing to do. I have started trying out a bit of role playing by demanding money off them or there life they allways opt for life. Yet another n00b pked by me its getting boring and as for op wars its difficult to find anyone that wants too do an op war. I have tryed raiding MB solo its no good cos after I have pked all in the bunker and all in MB then comes the PPU team and I'm dead. Its hard to find anyone that wants to pvp allday its getting boring people calling me a nib killer well when theres no one to fight I go kill anyone that is red to me. This idea would change that cos there would be alot more people in one faction which = more action = more pvp. This would mean the n00bs can lvl in pease with out the bored pker runing in and ganking every red player in sight. I'm sorry but I can't run around hunting all day or lvling another char I must do pvp even if it means shooting lower lvl's.

RayBob
28-03-04, 00:36
The problem is that nobody wants to switch factions, which I can understand. I guess we will just have to wait for BDoY to force it on us. I hope they have an empire chat channel.

Although, we wouldn't need anyone to change factions if they would just implement the war system. We could choose the clans to ally with and be green to them regardless of faction. They would need an ally chat channel. Ah well, just dreaming I guess.

Carinth
28-03-04, 00:47
The problem is that nobody wants to switch factions, which I can understand. I guess we will just have to wait for BDoY to force it on us. I hope they have an empire chat channel.

Although, we wouldn't need anyone to change factions if they would just implement the war system. We could choose the clans to ally with and be green to them regardless of faction. They would need an ally chat channel. Ah well, just dreaming I guess.

Another feature of BDOY is that Faction will be more important then Clans. By doing what you wanted, you're going against that. I value my faction and don't want to change, if other's don't care about faction then that's their choice. If only Clan mattered, then I could pack up my clan and move anywhere, a clan is just a group of people afterall. But to me, the faction is just as important. Clan's that don't play their faction always seem transitory to me, they exist just for the players and as players come/go the clan comes/goes. As Pimps, we will always be first and foremost Tsunami.

Ascension
28-03-04, 00:49
Originally posted by Carinth
that don't play their faction always seem transitory to me, they exist just for the players and as players come/go the clan comes/goes. As Pimps, we will always be first and foremost Tsunami.

Silent mobias? :lol: they sure do play their factiono_O