PDA

View Full Version : Why are there seperate servers?

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 18:21
Simple question, really always curious, seen as Neocrons community is small, why didnt they merge 4 of the 5 servers?, and keep just one seperate for French (if they so wished)

It seems pluto/saturn/uranus/jupiter all have an equal mix of english/german speaking players.

99% of the time German people can speak english, and visa versa.

Just curious! :confused:

Candaman
26-03-04, 18:22
cus they won't have such small populations for much longer

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 18:24

Thats rather positive for your outlook on the whole DOY thing, ur usually the first to put a negative spin on everything :angel: :lol:

Disturbed021
26-03-04, 18:25
Originally posted by Candaman
Lmao
so everyone hopes:p

Rith
26-03-04, 18:26

why? is KK going to merge them at long last?

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 18:28

Are FRE's going to be fixed? :lol:

Candaman
26-03-04, 18:31
Originally posted by Rith

Are people going to get a sense of humour?

ezza
26-03-04, 18:31
just me or is negativity on the forum on the increase:confused:

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 18:33
just me or is negativity on the forum on the increase

ISNT IT JUST EZZA!

some right misery's! A candaman?... :p

Personally I think people are fed up of waiting so long, they want DOY and want it now.

U have to think Ezza, most of us have been here from the start, and been waiting a LOOOONG time.

No suprising really.

And get an avatar and signature ur boring fart :lol:

Shadow Dancer
26-03-04, 18:33
Advertising should bring in more people.

I'm also excited about the supposed stability doy will bring. :angel:

Originally posted by Clownst0pper

And get an avatar and signature ur boring fart :lol:

:lol:

John_Ravenhawk
26-03-04, 18:35
Where are they advertising... I haven't seen anything yet.. Shouldn't they start the push by now.

ezza
26-03-04, 18:36
ISNT IT JUST EZZA!

some right misery's! A candaman?... :p

Personally I think people are fed up of waiting so long, they want DOY and want it now.

U have to think Ezza, most of us have been here from the start, and been waiting a LOOOONG time.

No suprising really.

And get an avatar and signature ur boring fart :lol: well ive been here from day one of retail but guess in just one of the few deluded optimists left on the forum.

lol ill make a new sig and avatar this weekend;)

Parappa
26-03-04, 18:39
Cause servers can't handle more than 300 people :p

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 18:41
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Marx
26-03-04, 18:41
Originally posted by John_Ravenhawk
Where are they advertising... I haven't seen anything yet.. Shouldn't they start the push by now.

Its still many months away.

Least thats the impression I get.

ezza
26-03-04, 18:44
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
[ edited ] lmao whys what

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 18:45
[ edited ]

People rip saturn, but its the best server, not because its the one I play on, but it has the best fighters, its hardcore, a good set of ego's some nice trade spamming, decent economy, and there is always the PVP challenge that u wont get on pluto :cool: :lol:

I seriously wonder if the servers could hack 400+ players :confused:

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 18:47
using the 10 worst phrases ever.

no offence but, certain thread starters havent exactly been particularly normal recently ...

metalangel
26-03-04, 18:49
What, so it's okay for the Germans to merge with the English players, but not the French?

Venus outnumbers Uranus in terms of population often :D

Candaman
26-03-04, 18:49
People rip saturn, but its the best server, not because its the one I play on, but it has the best fighters, its hardcore, a good set of ego's some nice trade spamming, decent economy, and there is always the PVP challenge that u wont get on pluto :cool: :lol:

I seriously wonder if the servers could hack 400+ players :confused:

Jupi has 400+ people on constantly and for the most is pretty stable the op fites are great and as FAnG when we fite we are for the most always outnumbered and i love it.

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 18:50
Originally posted by metalangel
What, so it's okay for the Germans to merge with the English players, but not the French?

Venus outnumbers Uranus in terms of population often :D

Thats cos half of uranus just went there cos they couldnt handle it :lol:

Sides .. you cant compare venus to another svr cos half of venus dont pvp

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 18:54
no offence but, certain thread starters havent exactly been particularly normal recently ...

With pointless replies like yours constantly, leave mine, most appreciated.

Anyway, wasnt aware venus had such a large player base, always seem to pass its numbers up.

Well I was purely in the sense neither French for English or German players is a language taught :)

Or wasnt at my school! :angel:

L0KI
26-03-04, 18:56

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

On topic - VENUS, we had an OP fight last night, 25 vs 5, and won. They came back 4 times, never giving up.

So maybe the PvP level on the whole is lower, but i can tell ya that there are MORE op wars on venus now than there are on Uranus - and they are lots more fun.

We dont dominate the map, infact, we hold one OP - but we HOLD it. They dont keep piling more and more till they win. They fight with their designated team and win or lose. The way it should be fought.

We didnt leave Uranus cos we couldnt handle it, we left cos we didnt LIKE it. There's a difference.
We wanted to remain a small clan. To have fun as a small clan on Uranus is an impossibility. On Venus its just plain fun.

Celt
26-03-04, 18:59
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - spam ]

Tratos
26-03-04, 19:01

--------------------------------------------------

On topic, indeed we left Uranus to be a small clan which is what we are this is an impossibility on Uranus as we would get zerged constantly and Venus has a better RP atmosphere in general which is why i am enjoying it so much :)

Even more on topic

There is probably seperate severs for the language barriers so people from different countries dont have to feel strange on a server where alot of people dont speak their language and apart from that KK most likly expected alot more of a player base on the first release.

~Tratos

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 19:03
There is probably seperate severs for the language barriers so people from different countries dont have to feel strange on a server where alot of people dont speak their language and apart from that KK most likly expected alot more of a player base on the first release.

the thing is, ive yet to come across a german player on saturn who cant speak english, which IMHO is a brillinant thing, not sure what the other servers are like, but its reasonable to think there the same, would be nice.

Wonder if the servers will remain the same for DOY, wish they were merged!
:(

L0KI
26-03-04, 19:05
the thing is, ive yet to come across a german player on saturn who cant speak english, which IMHO is a brillinant thing, not sure what the other servers are like, but its reasonable to think there the same, would be nice.

There are a fair few Germans on Uranus that dont speak English.
It is rare actually.
Take XaNToR for example. He's like 16 years old, and speaks completely fluent english and german.

To me, language barriers add more interesting game play. There's always 1 german in the clan that can the clans "consulate" and speak english.

Marx
26-03-04, 19:06

The server language is decided by the support group.

On a German server, help requests and GM queries must be put in German - English, English - French, French.

Now, In most you can get support in one of those three languages on almost every server due to the amazing language skills of the support group... But thats the way it was laid out by Odin.

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 19:06

Candaman
26-03-04, 19:07
i haven't found a german on jupi that don't speak at least a little english

L0KI
26-03-04, 19:08
[ edited ]

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - responding to a flame ]

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 19:08
[ edited ]

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - responding to a flame ]

L0KI
26-03-04, 19:10
[ edited ]

*applauds excessively*

I personally would enjoy a merger of the servers. The French server is run by a different company, so this would pose a problem.
As for the other servers, if they can work around char name clashes, then it would be great.

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 19:11
ok for the opinionated thread starter:

The servers should not be merged cos diff servers have diff people, thats the way it goes ...

add the fact its probably not possible to merge servers and this is pure speculation, the most useless thing ever ...

:rolleyes:

Celt
26-03-04, 19:12

The servers should not be merged cos diff servers have diff people, thats the way it goes ...
Wow, you think DIFFERENT SERVERS might have DIFFERENT PEOPLE?

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 19:12
I personally would enjoy a merger of the servers. The French server is run by a different company, so this would pose a problem.
As for the other servers, if they can work around char name clashes, then it would be great.

Yeah im aware its been discussed before. And names would be a problem, I know 3 ikaris on saturn, thankfully I took the proper one :p

KK could always send emails to players and ask if they wished to change it!

Small details, As it seems pluto atm is on a slump with player numbers, im sure 99% of them would love to join saturn if we had less lag!

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 19:14
Yeah im aware its been discussed before. And names would be a problem, I know 3 ikaris on saturn, thankfully I took the proper one :p

KK could always send emails to players and ask if they wished to change it!

Small details, As it seems pluto atm is on a slump with player numbers, im sure 99% of them would love to join saturn if we had less lag!

afaik 99% of pluto would cancel their accounts if forced to move to saturn ...

Scikar
26-03-04, 19:14
MJS never ruled out a server merge, in fact he said it was likely to be the way to make room for Neptune.

Different servers do have different people, but essentially it's all the same. There are cool people on every server and assholes on every server. I don't find the community to be a great deal different between any of them.

I support a server merge, and in fact I would like to see a server merge now just for the last few months or so of regular NC, to get populations up.

Marx
26-03-04, 19:15

When I log on to play, Pluto's around 200 and Saturns about 150ish.

=/

Populations suck across the board.

L0KI
26-03-04, 19:15

Do you not understand?

They would NOT be moving to Saturn, what cl0wn is proposing is a MERGER OF 4 SERVERS.

It would NOT become SATURN, it would be a MERGED SERVER!!!

___T-X____
26-03-04, 19:17
If they merged them all i'd play there fuck BDoY.

I'd love to nail saturns nibs

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 19:17
Call it whatever you like, a 4 server merge would add vast variety, new players to fight against, and OP wars would be more varied again.

If a new NC player looks at the server, and see's one with a population of a 1000, thats a good sign, when he sees 4 with numbers 100-300 thats not

I'd love to nail saturns nibs

TBH, in the best clans on saturn, lets see, Pro and Cartel :lol: there are no bad players.

Cartel has afew but there numbers are vastly greater than Pro's and it is to be expected, but with players like zoneseek, Ghost, Blade, Me, $tormbringer, Phobos, Eledhgrunt, Babes, OPA saturn lacks nibs
:angel:

Candaman
26-03-04, 19:21
[ edited ]

___T-X____
26-03-04, 19:21
You havent seen the Alliance in full swing mate. lol Uranians understand

El_MUERkO
26-03-04, 19:22
tbh the more i think on it the more i'd like 1 giant server, KK could make 1 giant 12 slot server and merge everyones runners from the 3 english and 1 german server, then give us a week to sort out which 4 runners we keep and delete the rest, finally the game would have the population to do it justice and everyone could find out which fighters are the best, the only downside would be we'd probably all get our arses kicked by the Germans.

Go on KK you know you want to :D

Devils Grace
26-03-04, 19:22

no they wouldnt
they here that they would but they wouldnt

the challenge is to great for them to cancel their acount

once somewhere in life i agree with koro

Scikar
26-03-04, 19:23
[ edited ]

That would have been 10x better if you had written it yourself.

___T-X____
26-03-04, 19:25
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Devils Grace
26-03-04, 19:29
Originally posted by ___T-X____
[ edited ]

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 19:33
once somewhere in life i agree with koro

LOL thankyou devils :D & devils, watch ur posts m8, dont want u to get a ban ;)

You have to all agree the challenge of merging servers would be so intreguing, and I dare anyone to say otherwise.

You could gaurentee that OP wars be insanly activate and alot of fun with varied map colours, it would increase trade also.

and everyone could finally find out which fighters are the best, the only downside would be we'd probably all get our arses kicked by the Germans.

they are no better or worse than the American/English
:lol:

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 19:36
fang would hand it to all of saturn ... their organisation is prolly second to none ...

1000 people on 1 server ? it'd be cool if all 4 had 600 + on em ... 1000 .. can you imagine street fights lmao

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 19:38
1000 people on 1 server ? it'd be cool if all 4 had 600 + on em ... 1000 .. can you imagine street fights lmao

1000 people wouldnt be on one street, they would be spaced out, and obviously different factions.

It could seriously work

Feel free to rate this thread :p

Devils Grace
26-03-04, 19:39
yea lol u know me.

ive been playing recently on all servers and for what i see none is diferent of saturn, the diference is the proportion.

Less ppl less assholes, less spam, less fights, less pkers, less, less.........proportion the rest is the same.

merging will mean a clash of mentalitys, wich will be fun

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 19:40
1000 people wouldnt be on one street, they would be spaced out, and obviously different factions.

It could seriously work

Feel free to rate this thread :p

It could, but its speculation (:puke:)

lets wait and see ....

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 19:45
Just noticed all the edits, keep it clean ladies, I dont want my thread closing because people cant hold there tongues.

Guilty as charged. :p

@ shadow dancers point, have they considered anything about stability? I have no doubt DOY will attract at least 100 extra people, that alone may cause saturn server to explode at the KK offices :lol:

Nidhogg
26-03-04, 19:47
Next flame on this thread gets it closed. I'm processing at least two bans as a consequence of this, don't make yours the third.

N

Devils Grace
26-03-04, 19:53
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Next flame on this thread gets it closed. I'm processing at least two bans as a consequence of this, don't make yours the third.

N

well if one of those is mine all u have to do is say, and ill spare u some paper work and email

for a goodbye note

5 stars merge the servers fix the bugs and the lag and all those abvious things that everyone in all servers complain about and then give a new meaning of fun to this game

Mr_Snow
Originally posted by ___T-X____
You havent seen the Alliance in full swing mate. lol Uranians understand

I think its rather sad that you are proud that the only way your clan and its allies can win is by zerging.

Candaman
fang would hand it to all of saturn ... their organisation is prolly second to none ...

When i joined FAnG i didn't realise how good they are but from assembling for a op fite in under 30secs everyone always knows thier role and everyone performs it to almost perfection and even though they all speak german on comms all i have to listen for is a name it awe inspiring and a privalige for me to fite with these guys.

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 20:34
Perhaps one day candaman some of us may be able to fight such a clan, without starting over on a different server :p

Kal
27-03-04, 17:05
most german people can speak english,
most english people cant speak german,

arnt we lazy :p

Aziraphale
27-03-04, 17:17
I think the map would have to be made larger, and there would have to be a lot more levelling spots added in to make this work.

TBH I think the population size on Saturn is pretty much optimum. Having twice that would mean getting PKed every 3 seconds.