PDA

View Full Version : Rifle PE -> Pistol PE

Barak
26-03-04, 16:46
Up until a few days ago I was a Tech Rifle PE then Low Tech, but having spent a good year or so as a rifle PE I decided for a change.

Rather then re-roll or somthing odd like a droner or melee PE i decided to check out pistols. (my usually hated counter part class)
And what it opens up to you is rather dramatic - a Rifle PE needs more or less all of his INT into WepLore inorder to be effective,where as the pistol user can do much more atm i have about 100 weplore + 100 hacking + 70 or so PSI use (or somthing) and use my weapon just as well as i did with all points into weplore.(slightly Lowerd range tho but nothing major[ -15 on a judge - 80m max])

Rifles have The advantage of Range ( but the only real ranged PE weapon being the Pain easer) granted this means a faster lock-on at mid range but as most 1 v 1 fights come down to 10-20 mtr range this advantage means bugger all.

Also the damage output is also a fair bit higher a Judge (tl100) beats a RoG (tl98) with a shit stick imo and the higher Tl "gimper" guns are nasty aswell.

But for the low tech it comes to Lib v Pain easer both have crap accuracy the PE missing whole bursts and the Lib missing randomly. (but the RoF makes up for this)

I understand now why there are so many more pistol Pe's then Rifle due to the ease of use and tht they allow you to trade skill with no gimpage.

Just wondering what people think of this.

Cyphor
26-03-04, 17:01
Id agree that a pistol pe allows for more versatility with your char setup however i like my rifle pe as you can fight at range making you more useful in the open, also did you try the healing light on your pe? If you use a few drugs you can have a very viable setup and that gun is one of the best rifles atm imo.

Rifles have more versatility in combat where pistols give you more versatility in setup. I tried chasing a reveller last night on my low tech pistol pe, im using a wyatt and due to its minute range it was almost imposs to get a single hit on the driver, pistols might be great for dueling and close combat but rifles can be too, and they are good at a range.

So if you want to do more than pvp with your char id go for pistols but if all you want to do is fight rifles are still more usefull imo.

As for judge being better than rog, i disagree, rog is direct dmg where as the judges dmg will go down with the victims health, all my chars can take alot more for the judge than the rog (well mabey not my no resist droner :p).

Its prob just grass is always greener syndrome, pistols are new to you atm but once your used to them you'll see rifles can be just as good :)

Jest
26-03-04, 17:04
Pistols main advantage imo is you are still really good but you can have tradeskills too. My Libby PE without PA could poke tl 84, hack ops, cap aiming + damage, and still have 50 Psi Use. :p Where as now with my Pain Easer I can barely even afford Psi Use. :(

hinch
26-03-04, 17:08
pistols > rifles and so much quicker to lvl with.

@barak this thread has now been officially hijacked by my signature from this point on all posts must be officially OT and random

have a nice day

Candaman
26-03-04, 17:20
Originally posted by Jest
Pistols main advantage imo is you are still really good but you can have tradeskills too. My Libby PE without PA could poke tl 84, hack ops, cap aiming + damage, and still have 50 Psi Use. :p Where as now with my Pain Easer I can barely even afford Psi Use. :(

my pe hacks to op lvl and belts and has enough to as good as cap everything except RoF on PE

Leebzie
26-03-04, 17:24
Without having to use the targeting imps, id put a moveon in.

I like to duel close in, but im a rifle user... hmmm... I find it very very difficult to beat pistol PE's aswell.

*thinks about a new setup*

Ugghhh, thats a lot of lomming... oh well, if I aquire some ubar pistols ill do it one day I guess. Maybe. *hugs his RoG*

Jest
26-03-04, 17:28
Originally posted by Candaman
my pe hacks to op lvl and belts and has enough to as good as cap everything except RoF on PE Yah I could but Im egotistical and I dont like wearing PA, also like my Con setup. Both setups I mentioned are a direct comparison of implants, armor, etc... Hell I could make a setup that pokes tl 84 and hacks ops with a rifle user Im sure but for one it would have a lot lower resists for one thing.

Candaman
26-03-04, 17:30
been pistols been melee been rifles i loved melee was spending too much on drugs :P rifle's > pistol's

Barak
26-03-04, 17:52
As for judge being better than rog, i disagree, rog is direct dmg where as the judges dmg will go down with the victims health, all my chars can take alot more for the judge than the rog

hehe i hear that alot but when i used my RoG (3 slot fire modded) it always did crap for me eg:

I'd duel a friend of mine Wargod ( a tank)
With Pain easer i'd beat him yet with RoG i'd get spanked o_O

guess i'm just annoyed at pistols having it easy INT wise *shakes fist*

@hinch shaddup you - you hijacked my last thread no get out before i have to send rince round to sort you out
:angel:

hinch
26-03-04, 17:53
:(

sex

:)

you sure i cant ?

Candaman
26-03-04, 17:56
Originally posted by Jest
Yah I could but Im egotistical and I dont like wearing PA, also like my Con setup. Both setups I mentioned are a direct comparison of implants, armor, etc... Hell I could make a setup that pokes tl 84 and hacks ops with a rifle user Im sure but for one it would have a lot lower resists for one thing.

PA is bad mmmk

garyu69
26-03-04, 19:55
Originally posted by Barak
a Rifle PE needs more or less all of his INT into WepLore inorder to be effective, I don't agree at all.
I have 107 Base Hacking Skill and 30 base Psi skil and the rest in Weapon lore.
And i would say i am definetly effective.

Rifles > Pistols

Barak
26-03-04, 20:07
Originally posted by garyu69
I don't agree at all.
I have 107 Base Hacking Skill and 30 base Psi skil and the rest in Weapon lore.
And i would say i am definetly effective.

hum.. whats your RoF on your PE?

StryfeX
26-03-04, 20:11
hum.. whats your RoF on your PE? Screw asking him about RoF (WEP does fuckall for RoF on Rifles). Get him to spill his Imp setup :lol:. I bet he's not a very defensive PE. :p

--Stryfe

MaN
26-03-04, 20:14
I get 160/min i thnk barak with self buff mite be 157 been a while since i checked

garyu69
26-03-04, 20:14
hum.. whats your RoF on your PE? 161/min unbuffed

with my Rifle 1 i get 166/ min

garyu69
26-03-04, 20:15
Originally posted by StryfeX
Screw asking him about RoF (WEP does fuckall for RoF on Rifles). Get him to spill his Imp setup :lol:. I bet he's not a very defensive PE. :p

--Stryfe PP, SF, Dist 3, Balist 3
:p

MaN
26-03-04, 20:24
he has to have enough hack to do layer 1 and enough agility to run to the gr to get out as soon as the layer is down though.

garyu69
26-03-04, 20:27
me?

I have enough to do any layer :p

StryfeX
26-03-04, 20:59
How the heck can you afford to have enough HCK to do any layer and still aim worth crap on your PE? What's your INT and DEX setup?

--Stryfe

Ozambabbaz
26-03-04, 21:20
149 wep is enough to cap aim on my PE..the 3 imps he got there is +45

StryfeX
26-03-04, 23:46
Originally posted by Ozambabbaz
149 wep is enough to cap aim on my PE..the 3 imps he got there is +45 It's +40. :p +50 with a Rifle-Eye 3 added. But yeah, I just did some math and it would be possible to cap aim on a Pain Easer and hack an OP (all layers), but only with a spy 3 (I think - you can get 95 HCK with imp bonus and still have 150 WEP.) Is it possible to hack all layers of an OP with only 100 HCK?

--Stryfe

Duder
27-03-04, 00:15
Just Unnerf the speed bumps on the rifles and cannons and set a hard cap on movement and after that remove parashock. Ta-da?

I find that being a sitting duck sucks, especially against a pistol pe, you cant even target lock from the wasp like movement.

Thus removing the speed nerf from the other weapons and then setting a hardcap on movement, say 70/70 ath/agil, KK wont have a reason for the parashock, and the engine can track everyones movement easier.

garyu69
27-03-04, 03:19
Originally posted by StryfeX
It's +40. :p +50 with a Rifle-Eye 3 added. But yeah, I just did some math and it would be possible to cap aim on a Pain Easer and hack an OP (all layers), but only with a spy 3 (I think - you can get 95 HCK with imp bonus and still have 150 WEP.) Is it possible to hack all layers of an OP with only 100 HCK?

--Stryfe Ok, just looked at my Weapon Lore and it is 114 with Imps and i have no issue with that at all. Aiming is at 254% without buffs. 263% with my rifle 1

No need for spy 3 to do all three, i can do any with just my own spy 1 cast. Most of the time i don't even need that.

INT = 66
DEX = 97