PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with the servers ?

GT_Rince
26-03-04, 12:11
This last couple of weeks, lag on all servers has been getting worse and worse. For me, I don't normally get much, but it is getting really bad now.

Jupiter - ping jumping from 80-1800, warping into peeps apts, getting stuck in sync, 20-30 seconds to change zones... etc.

I also heard that Pluto has been suffering as well. Do the servers need a reboot? Anyone else getting these problems ?

naimex
26-03-04, 12:14
uranus has been fine for well.. at least all of this week.. canīt remember what it was like last week.

DigestiveBiscui
26-03-04, 12:14
aye, since saturn became a buit shit i've been playing on all severs recently

right now jupiter is the worst - its lagging really badly with high spikes (impossible to lvl in caves :p)

Saturn is ok for once though and not lagging as much as normal :p

as for the others they are the same, uranus and pluto aere lagging, not as bad as jupiter but worse than saturn i feel

Nightbrother
26-03-04, 12:17
I haven't had any trouble at all on Pluto, not with myself hunting, or with other people around. Perhaps I've been lucky enough to be on when it wasn't so bad. Things have been fine and dandy.

Cyphor
26-03-04, 16:43
Not sure if its because i've been used to pluto for the past few months but saturns lag seems terrible, it wasnt that bad but since a few days ago it has became unplayable at times. Lag and long syncs constantly at peak hours :(

Myrlin
26-03-04, 18:05
Originally posted by Nightbrother
I haven't had any trouble at all on Pluto, not with myself hunting, or with other people around. Perhaps I've been lucky enough to be on when it wasn't so bad. Things have been fine and dandy.

I guess I'm lucky too. Pluto seems fine to me.

DonnyJepp
26-03-04, 18:20
Saturn has been giving login problems for a couple weeks now, it usually makes me take several attempts to connect via the login screen. My #2 system is now giving me "join proxy session failed" when I try to relog as a different char, forcing a restart of the game.

I think something on the Level-3 side isn't right with the login servers.

Serpine
26-03-04, 22:25
The nasty lag I've been getting the last few weeks invariably seems to extend to the net in general: If I'm freezing in NC I'm also unable to pull down mail or web surf. I think the whole net is collapsing or something.

BunkerBoy
26-03-04, 22:27
saturn has been pretty bad and laggy for the past few weeks. Its only getting worse though as usual.

-FN-
26-03-04, 23:56
Here's the way I see it:

1.25 years ago, we had upwards of 200-300, and on peak times almost 400 people :eek: on Pluto.

Crashes were frequent, pings weren't so great, etc...

6 months ago, we are down to 100-200, and on peak times, maybe 300 people :( on Pluto.

There are considerably less people playing than there were months ago (again, at least on Pluto)... what I love is how KK is taking all the credit for "server stability getting better" and other various game "improvements"...

HELLO, hundreds of players simply aren't here anymore. What kind of logic is it to say that things are getting "better" server/code wise when we're not stress-testing it with the same variables?

It's like saying "Shit, our car shakes and wobbles over 100mph... let's makes some changes...... ahhhh there we go! It runs fine at 50mph now."

Lately I've been getting stuck on *a lot* of weird walls/surfaces, and have not been visible to players around me, and have had people I can't see. Hell just yesterday I zoned into the TH Energy Cores and right there stood Fenix. I yelled to the APU I was with, omg keeeel.... he's like Kill who? He didn't see him... until Fenix whipped out his PoB and killed the APU. Just hours before I was getting some cst work done and I was standing next to the Skiller.... and had to relog several times, as did he, just so we could SEE eachother.

That's the only instability I've seen lately.

[Edit]

Oh yeah, my original point heh, maybe the servers are getting laggy again because players are coming back because of the DoY buzz? My guess is Less People = More Server Stability... so now with added people, less server stability, and in all reality, little to nothing has changed on KK's end... just my theory.

Zeph0n
27-03-04, 00:02
I only get bad lag like once a moth for a day or so. Every once ad awhile when I get bored on Pluto ad log o saturn I never experienced any lag...... yet....

ezza
27-03-04, 01:51
dont even get me started on saturns lag:mad:

Kal
27-03-04, 02:15
when i log on saturn, the lag is horrendous(misspelt:confused:), barely playable

when i log on uranus, not noticed any yet, very playable, had no truble

Xtro
27-03-04, 13:18
what doooooooooooooooo you meannnnnnnnnnnnnnn i never suferrrrrrrrrrfrom laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag ..................! opps what happend there must be laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.