PDA

View Full Version : MJS/KK Whats your plan for the servers with DoY?

hinch
26-03-04, 11:20
As we all know the current servers run off mysql and also have some serious lag issues at times particularly jupi and saturn being the 2 most populated servers althought all of them are often effected.

So this brings to point whats KK's plan for the release of DOY.

Are you planning on just upgrading the hardware and hoping that increases the scale of the platform.

OR

Are you going to recode alot of the server layer and middleware to be more effecient and make better use of modern more powerfull hardware.

OR

Are we going to see a conversion of DB along with better call handling I know a change to sql server was mentioned before perhaps now is the ideal time to do such a conversion.

OR

In an ideal world are you going to do all of the above and make the login server a dedicated machine instead of sitting on the same machine as uranus.

OR

Are you planning something else or just not doing anything?

This isnt a thread for flaming everyone else im just interested as I too deal with large scale systems many alot bigger than NC ever will be so im interested in the plans of a smaller company seeing how they approach the same problems I have in larger scales.

Tratos
26-03-04, 11:30
Originally posted by hinch
OR

In an ideal world are you going to do all of the above and make the login server a dedicated machine instead of sitting on the same machine as uranus.

I never knew that heh, but i really do hope they do alot of recoding and some hardware updates or they will lose alot of custom due to lag especially if we only get around an extra 200 players ( i hope we get alot more than that of course :):D) per server they (in their current state) will would just lag out completely id imagine, good question i hope KK answer this.

~Tratos

.Cyl0n
26-03-04, 11:54
Yea id like to know that too...atm lag is horrible on some servers already... with lots of new players coming with doy the servers will prolly explode :eek:

sex hinch... good morning :p

Candaman
26-03-04, 12:41
cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today

Tratos
26-03-04, 13:03
Cannings you should really keep your spam to your little hole on the dark light forum.

~Tratos

.Cyl0n
26-03-04, 13:05
Originally posted by Candaman
cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today cy's back today

RAWR! :D

just got my cash .. in 2 hours imma sit in the train back to berlin :)
it takes 9 hours to drive there tho but anyways.. i`ll be on tonight!

:)

/€ *slaps tratos*

:P

Tratos
26-03-04, 13:08
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

/€ *slaps tratos*

Ahem, :D

/Tratos mutters about welcome back

~Tratos