PDA

View Full Version : Which rare pistol has a white swirly?

RayBob
26-03-04, 05:57
I don't know if it is the Slasher or Beam of Hell but OUCH. Have any of you rifle spies gone up against a fellow spy with one of these? Not only do they do tremendous damage but the rate of fire is ridiculous. My rifle spy is more afraid of a pistol spy than a tank or even an APU.

To be honest, I don't think any weapon should have a RoF like this. Naturally, they should increase the damage to compensate. When a tank hits my spy with a CS blast, there is enough time for my client to get the info from the server to update my health bar correctly before the next blast hits me. However, the RoF on these pistols means that my client updates multiple blasts at once taking off huge chunks of life. Maybe it is just because I play with 200+ ping but it seems logical to me that all weapons should have a slow enough RoF to account for the reality of a networked game with clients half way around the world from the servers.

I also think this is part of the problem with APUs. We have all seen 1-2 HL animations but been hit by 3-4 shots. The problem is that the animation takes longer than the 105/RoF allows. In other words, it is impossible to play 105 HL animations in 60 seconds. All spells and weapons should have their RoF adjusted so that we can all see when we are getting hit and have time to react accordingly.

Cyphor
26-03-04, 06:00
Its the beam of hell, slasher has red swirlly and afaik it does direct dmg like the rolh so dmg doesnt go down with health (boh).
Prob fire modded too so unless you have an inqu/shelt setup its gonna hurt alot.

Jock Rockwell
26-03-04, 08:39
Not only that it has a clip size of 40, and in my time of using in a fight i have never had to reload, either im dead (or zoned) or the other guy is dead (or zoned).

Imo the clip size has to be reduced, i mean its the only gun i have ever used where i can drop a WB and WB Titan in less than one clip.

RayBob
26-03-04, 09:22
There are very few pistol spies out there so if it is indeed overpowered, it will likely go unnoticed. I would like some of you skilled duelers, who can use the Test Server, to make a rifle spy and a pistol spy and see how often the Beam of Hell spy wins. I would be very curious.

But generally speaking, I don't think any weapon or spell should have such high rates of fire. It makes it difficult for the higher ping clients to get updated info and compete fairly.

Kenjuten
26-03-04, 09:30
"There are very few (good) pistol spies out there so if it is indeed overpowered, it will likely go unnoticed."

Let's rephrase this now to reflect a concept that happened to be going on during early retail...

"There are very few good hybrids out there so if it is indeed overpowered, it will likely go unnoticed."

:D :p

In other words, don't underestimate anything. Might get slapped in the forehead by people jumping bandwagons to play pistol spies or something. :eek:

Shadow Dancer
26-03-04, 11:28
105 rof seems fine for seeing the whole animation. I never been hit more times than the animation i've seen. Back when rof was 150, the hits wouldn't even register because the animation was cut off by another one starting. So I seriously think you're mistaken.

I haven't been hit by boh or slasher much, but I have been hit by executioner. :eek: That biatch is powerful, lol.

I can't tell if it's too powerful or not, not enough spies have used it against me.

Rinaldo
26-03-04, 12:06
Interesting to read that another 'nerf this' thread has not started with this mentioned. Just as a reference, these guns cap pretty high (I have P-C of 190 and WPL of 150 and do not cap my Slasher) therefore suggesting that the said pistol spy will have limited defense, run-speed, stealth length, etc.

I'll run tests on some friends to give you numbers to draw conclusions from if really needed.

.Cyl0n
26-03-04, 12:09
my drugged up pistol pe used a boh ( capped except rof i think ) and it was evil :)

the rof is pretty slow compared to others but you can snipe with it lol

when it hits it hurts but at the end i got tired of the slooow rof and now i`m lowtech rifle again :)

DigestiveBiscui
26-03-04, 12:09
No WAY should ROF be reduced on something for everyone just because someone pinging at 200 can't see all shots hit

........its called lag (or something) - u get it when u have bad ping

Dribble Joy
26-03-04, 12:21
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I haven't been hit by boh or slasher much, but I have been hit by executioner. :eek: That biatch is powerful, lol.

Indeed, and imo too powerful for PEs, even if they are gimped up to use it, the offencive capacity easily overrides the defence.
I swear the exec PEs I have fought are at least as tough as me, and I have moveon/ppr (using judge). Naru took a pounding, I died fast.

winnoc
26-03-04, 12:28
Anyone have expercience with the executioner?

DestructionUK
26-03-04, 12:45
slasher, exec, Rolh > BoH (as they should)

Rith
26-03-04, 13:20
Originally posted by DestructionUK
slasher, exec, Rolh > BoH (as they should)

I love my 5 slot BoH

Pity its not mine and I suspect when the original owner realises how fucking awesome they are he'll LoM back some T-C and come asking for it :(

Cyphor
26-03-04, 16:38
Yeah boh can be used by a pe easily, if they chose to go more offensive they dont even need to drug, being that there are quiet alot of slasher and executioner pe's popping up im surprised many havent tried this yet.

Imo its much like the healing light, its been made viable, not really over powered, its just that before its boost it was so bad it went unnoticed. As people have started to use the laser rares since their boost its made them stand out, their dmg is no worse than rolh/exectioner/slasher, perhalps even judge (not tested), just need to get used to it. The only reason i can see pistol spies using them is they can be very easy to aim and they might be going for an inqu setup and not wanting to drug for higher pistols.

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 16:41
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Indeed, and imo too powerful for PEs, even if they are gimped up to use it, the offencive capacity easily overrides the defence.
I swear the exec PEs I have fought are at least as tough as me, and I have moveon/ppr (using judge). Naru took a pounding, I died fast.

Skuld is pretty skilled and is prolly using more drugs than you could possibly imagine :P

L0KI
26-03-04, 16:58
Ive been Executioner since the day it was improved.

Fantastic weapon - especially when i have 190PC

As you know dribble, im certainly not gimped.
Drugs, yes (4 actually)

But not gimped.

Serpent
26-03-04, 17:02
exce ownz it all now ;), forget slasher as pe.... i think, boh is quite nice now, and rolh has style