PDA

View Full Version : Doy bot spawns are messed up on saturn

Biznatchy
26-03-04, 05:31
Ok i understand that doy bots are guarding the entrance to DOY. That is cool. The fact they dont shoot anti ciy factions i understand. But FFS having 40 doy bots camping the GR at escador is fucked up. Ya im pissed. I should be pissed. [edited for violation of the forum rules]Its not bad enough you have to watch your back for cartel [edited for violation of the forum rules -- flaming] now you have Doy bots camping the GR.

Sort this fucked up shit.

Before you even say anything gr to escador on saturn and see what im talking about.

Biznatchy
26-03-04, 05:37
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- advertising]

petek480
26-03-04, 05:43
Originally posted by Biznatchy
[edited for consistency -- Vithar]
I have one thing to say too, Bye.

Cyphor
26-03-04, 05:48
http://freespace.virgin.net/ewan.jamescampbell/doy.jpg

if i had time id give the panoramic view but all sides of me look the same with about the same amount of bots, aint it great to be allied to doy :p :D :angel:

Edit: resized pic as was way too big :p

manderf
26-03-04, 05:49
i dunno...maybe like....well...

you pro city can't GR there cause DOY bots keel you

me anti city can't GR into plaza 1 or guards waste me...

eye for an eye ?

Liebestoter
26-03-04, 05:53
So wait, these mofos don't shoot TS?

StryfeX
26-03-04, 05:58
Originally posted by Liebestoter
So wait, these mofos don't shoot TS? Nope.

They are also there as part of the Neochronicle.

--Stryfe

Lanigav
26-03-04, 05:58
Now do you see why I wanted them to drop tech parts? ;)

This definetely makes it near impossible for a Biotech character without an large support team to do their epic though.

Why can't all other mobs spawn like this? It would definetely make the game a lot more fun.

Liebestoter
26-03-04, 06:02
Sorry for the newb question - Last time I saw anything Y related, it was a replicant, and it killed me dead. I quit playing shortly before these things came into play. So I take it that Y Replicants are a different creature all together?

sparrowtm
26-03-04, 06:06
Originally posted by Liebestoter
Sorry for the newb question - Last time I saw anything Y related, it was a replicant, and it killed me dead. I quit playing shortly before these things came into play. So I take it that Y Replicants are a different creature all together?

Y Replicants: genetically engineered by the CA (or was it Crahn), then let loose on the wastelands.

DoY bots: Dome of Yorks attack and defense force.

AFAIK.

Spoon
26-03-04, 06:21
I would be one happy camper if 40 DoY bots spawned at Escador on Uranus......:)

Biznatchy
26-03-04, 06:39
Originally posted by manderf

eye for an eye ?

Ok looking at it this way lets put 10 Storm bots at battle dome that shoot all anti city factions. How would that sit with you.

I know i cant gr into TG that makes sense. The thing that makes this insane is there is not another GR on that entire side of the map that pro city can use.

StryfeX
26-03-04, 06:51
Ok looking at it this way lets put 10 Storm bots at battle dome that shoot all anti city factions. How would that sit with you.

I know i cant gr into TG that makes sense. The thing that makes this insane is there is not another GR on that entire side of the map that pro city can use. Err... El Farid Village?

--Stryfe

Jock Rockwell
26-03-04, 08:19
Originally posted by StryfeX
Err... El Farid Village?

--Stryfe

I tried doing BioTech Epic (heading to Lobo Village) from El Farid.

Was on my hover, crossed a zoneline came out of synch already dead. WTF i thought, waited a few secs and Boom, i think i counted around 60ish DoY bots around my body. And thats just around the zone line so its scary to imagine how many there were actually inzone. So i can see where the topic starter is coming from. Is slightly harsh a spawn imo.

eye for an eye ?

Dont really consider it an eye for an eye myself. Anti City cant get to the GR's in P1, City factions basically cant get to about 5 sectors of the map. U lose medicare privelages in p1 city factions lose the graves and a few zones, think the pro city gets fucked for that deal.

Filth
26-03-04, 08:24
Originally posted by Spoon

*cough* ive done it already twice today *cough*

so stop complaning about doy this doy that leave um there it makes me happy no other time have i had the nerve to hunt doys to get 5 mill exp in about an hour and a half ^^ so whine all you like but i liek it YEY DOY WOOOOOOoOOOoooOOOoOOoO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

manderf
26-03-04, 08:24
Wow I am really confused...I can post here but I can't get to any other websites...

*testing if this post actually goes through the router*

sorry :D

Filth
26-03-04, 08:39
Wow I am really confused...I can post here but I can't get to any other websites...

*testing if this post actually goes through the router*

sorry :D

::claps:: well done its gone thought :)

Susi
26-03-04, 08:56
It's belt hacking season in the NE teritory ;-)

System
26-03-04, 09:01
Time to lvl maybe... :-) that is some uber XP right there

-- Diablos --

Biznatchy
26-03-04, 09:32
Im just really fed up with the doy bots, Sorry if this came out as a flame or bash. But it just needs to be stopped. What I mean is stop making mobs that waste you before the lag even updates your being hit. The waste lands should be harsh but not unplayable.

The Y commanders were bad and the fact they gather in large groups in some sectors is nuts also. I mean what kinds of group would it take to go bash down a group of 10 or so Y commanders. It just doesnt get done. We were told the y commanders were only a temp role play thing. They would respawn once we ride the sectors of them. They are still around and in large numbers just north east of NC city.

Now the DOY bots. These guys are impossible to hunt without a few ppus on your side with the numbers they are in. Now with this last move they are even worse and when they are now GR camping its just not right.

The Root of this game is to have fun. When you are sick of seeing hack screens and dont want to hunt warbots. Tired of the being posioned all the time in the swamp caves. You want to break up the routine and head out into the desert and fight the really cool fire mobs. Despite the constant on fire bug that has been around for ever that isnt getting fixed the desert above TG is a cool place to hunt mobs and players alike. Now even the sector east of syncon is covered in doy bots. That tower with the gogo in it you know where im talking about has about 30 doy bots around it.

Stop making the game unplayable. If your going to take the whole east side of the map away it will just make the world or NC that much smaller, and it just sucks.

Dissenter
26-03-04, 09:41
They aren't impossible to hunt if you know how to hunt them.

Spy driving rhino + Tank Gunning = Dead DoY bots

Me and a mate spent 4 hours there and only had to rep the tank once, just pick them off from a range one at a time.

Jock Rockwell
26-03-04, 09:46
Except Diss, if i go by your sig, there green to you.

Unfortunatley if they are red and u zone into a group of 30, even with 3 ppus i think u may have a prob.

Even so, should u ''need'' to have a rhino to hunt whats supposedly a 90/90 mob? I dont need a Rhino to hunt Terror Leaper's, mind u I have never had 30 spawn at one time. Which i think is the problem, its not how hard they are or that they are red to some and not others, its the ridiculous number of them which bugs me.

Dissenter
26-03-04, 09:47
I've done it previously too, when my Tank was still Proto, you just have to be really REALLY fucking careful, lol.

L3m0n
26-03-04, 09:56
Stop making the game unplayable. If your going to take the whole east side of the map away it will just make the world or NC that much smaller, and it just sucks.
right you have a whole City maybe 2 or even 3 to run around in (3 citys if your BT) and just cos you cant go to 3 or 4 sectors in the NE you start to cry?
:lol:
Try bein an anti-city fac for a few days then see where you can go.

Vincent Starck
26-03-04, 10:25
I think the only bad thing about it is, that now it got much harder to do the Biotech epic. I suggest hiring a city merc PPU or a rhino driver to guard you on the way.

winnoc
26-03-04, 10:56
Cool, i think my hc tank will be leveling there soon :-)

winnoc
26-03-04, 11:08
Cool, i think my hc tank will be leveling there soon :-)

borl
26-03-04, 12:00
I've said for ages that in the wasteland sectors, no mob should be able to move to within its aggression range of the zone lines. It's has a very negative effect on suspension of disbelief to be killed by mobs while the "synchronising" text is still on your screen, or one of the other issues that result in a quick trip back to your favourite poker... :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
26-03-04, 12:10
People should really read the Neochronicle....

MISS WHIP
26-03-04, 12:10
ROFL

I used the venture warp for my alt (15/20) and it put me right in the middle of all those DOY bots.

While lying on the floor trying to figure out what just happened i counted 31 of those bots around me.

Not even a buffed PPU would survive such an onslaught.

One good thing though i levelled my CON in an instant by being hit by 31 DOY bots.
:D :D :D :D

Biznatchy
26-03-04, 12:17
Originally posted by L3m0n
right you have a whole City maybe 2 or even 3 to run around in (3 citys if your BT) and just cos you cant go to 3 or 4 sectors in the NE you start to cry?
:lol:
Try bein an anti-city fac for a few days then see where you can go.

You have to be joking.

I was TG on pluto for over 6 months. The only place you cant go is.... well medicare. Dont say MB we all know you can get to the GR in MB and out pretty easy, and kill a few noobs on the way, ive done it. Dont say plaza the only guards that shoot you are the ones in medicare the ones outside very seldom shoot anyone when they are even there. So as a TG where is it you cant go. Or for any anti city faction tell me where you cant go. One small place medicare plaza 1.

As a city faction you cant go to TG or anywhere in the northeast of the map now. Lets not forget all the TG guards around the canyon.

Biznatchy
26-03-04, 12:20
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
People should really read the Neochronicle....

The Neochronicle did say that the City admin was going to be deploying storm bots to counter them. Where the hell are they.

Yes I read the rag.

n3m
26-03-04, 12:27
You have to be joking.

I was TG on pluto for over 6 months. The only place you cant go is.... well medicare. Dont say MB we all know you can get to the GR in MB and out pretty easy, and kill a few noobs on the way, ive done it. Dont say plaza the only guards that shoot you are the ones in medicare the ones outside very seldom shoot anyone when they are even there. So as a TG where is it you cant go. Or for any anti city faction tell me where you cant go. One small place medicare plaza 1.

As a city faction you cant go to TG or anywhere in the northeast of the map now. Lets not forget all the TG guards around the canyon.
Yeh on Pluto... On Saturn you have the Black Cartel shooting everyone in the arse, doesnt matter if you're an allied anti city faction or not.

Haxxor
26-03-04, 12:39
But FFS having 40 doy bots camping the GR at escador is fucked up. .

Although i capped Dex on My PE im guessining thats alot of Exp + also an estimated 1 Million cr from the Doy Junk

ezza
26-03-04, 13:15
Originally posted by n3m
Yeh on Pluto... On Saturn you have the Black Cartel shooting everyone in the arse, doesnt matter if you're an allied anti city faction or not. they never shoot me in the arse :p

as to the bio tech epic, i dont really see the problem, unless there is a load of DOY bots camping the area you need to go up north for the epic, you just do as i did any come from syncom(? not 100% as not got map infront of me) didnt need the esacdor and as your allied with the cartel if your lucky the op might be open to you, i know it was when i done it, if not spam devils graces direct chat for about a hour til he opens it:angel:

Dribble Joy
26-03-04, 13:21
K_14 atm :p.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/muffdemon-shot0004.jpg

ezza
26-03-04, 13:23
meh my melee PE would pwn the whole lot of em:p

L3m0n
26-03-04, 13:33
Originally posted by n3m
Yeh on Pluto... On Saturn you have the Black Cartel shooting everyone in the arse, doesnt matter if you're an allied anti city faction or not.
its true maybe you could get the city mercs to help you from us?..... or not :p

Tratos
26-03-04, 13:42
Well this is possibly why

Due to unknown reasons, the Dome of York has ordered a sally of Defense Bots. The sectors with the Gates of Dome of York are pretty much crawling with Defense Scout Units of the Dome of York. There are still Bots pouring out of the giant gates of the Dome, and they are likely to also hit the surrounding sectors. CityAdmin reacted and tripled its production of Elite S.T.O.R.M. Bot Units. "We want to be ready for whatever the Dome has to offer", stated Officer Jenna from the NCPD. "We do not want to jump to conclusions, but given the circumstances, it is pretty clear what the Dome is up to. If they plan to attack us by surprise, they have another thing coming, though. It takes more than a few Scout Bots to be a danger to us."

Right now, CityAdmin is monitoring the Dome of York movements from a sattelite camera. It is also planned to erect small spying outposts to be able to react flexibly on all movements. Should the requirement arise that we come to our Elite S.T.O.R.M. Bots help, we will write about it here. You are strongly recommended to read the Neocronicle weekly, and encourage everyone else to do so, too.

They certianly seem to have flodded the area, heh but i do recall seeing some Eliete Stormys around there a long time ago they pwnd but they seem to have disapeared and CA should really add in a lot of STORMs in the wastelands but the fact that you cant get IN Doy would make this more of a problem as people would complain that people wouldnt be able to walk to the main part of the game "Neocron" but when NC:BDOY is released the STORMS will more than likly appear as Anti City will be able to go to DOY and not need tyo venture to NC as much.

If you see my point i got sort of lost cos im at school, lol

damn school

~Tratos

garyu69
26-03-04, 14:01
heh.
We went there last night and played spot the Jonny 5.

I won :D

But Pro City People can't really complaing considering they shouldn't really be able to get up there at present with the story line.

n3m
26-03-04, 14:13

hmm no :p

and Tratos, punctuation is your best friend :p

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 14:36
The Neochronicle did say that the City admin was going to be deploying storm bots to counter them. Where the hell are they.

Yes I read the rag.

no it says the are manufacturing them

Tratos
26-03-04, 14:47
Originally posted by n3m
hmm no :p

and Tratos, punctuation is your best friend :p

dont be daft, :p

im at school my mind is on avoiding the teachers while i post. :p

~Tratos

Filth
26-03-04, 15:21
Originally posted by Vincent Starck
I think the only bad thing about it is, that now it got much harder to do the Biotech epic. I suggest hiring a city merc PPU or a rhino driver to guard you on the way.

keeping up the trade thats what i like to seegood work good work ^^

Bruce
26-03-04, 15:23
I have to say that this is fucked up we hacked Tescom and Syncon AND the OPs are guarded by jonnys really they are at the hack term, at the gogo, they camp the UG. dont let the fuckin mobs defend the ops for the anti city side......

Filth
26-03-04, 15:24

[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Leebzie
26-03-04, 15:31
To balance it a bit, they could just pump the lower sectors full of like 90/90 NCPD forces.

well, it would be *fair*

No fun at all, but fair. :rolleyes:

On zone lines btw, they are one of the most unrealistic parts of the game. having 60+ mobs on the other side of the zone line suddenly kill you doesnt add to the immersion factor of the game, rather the 'omg wtf this sucks' factor. At least if we can get quickly and painlessly across the zone lines , we can stay immersed in the game.

Removal of zone lines would be cool (but I can see how complex it would be) I.E with a system of overlapping zones.

This could probably be done with triangles or hex's. but either way, having all the zoning done in the backgrounds, syncing you into other parts of the world before you are there (and taking you out of others, so you dont get overloaded) would remove zone lines and be ... just way cooler.

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 16:30
people would just power level off the ncpd ones, not whine on the forums

trigger hurt
27-03-04, 01:35
Originally posted by Filth
[edited for consistency]

Do you want me to count the number of times I've killed mercs on my own? What's even funnier is that I am totally shit at PvP. Stop trying to turn his comment into a flamefest. This is about a situation on saturn that has nothing to do with the carebear connection.

Secondly,

n3m - perhaps if our faction allies were fighting on the right side, they wouldn't find themselves dead by the hands of cartel every where they turn. No, we don't care anymore. Before we even started taking ops, our allies were against us...never gave us a chance...so why should we spare them?

Zeph0n
27-03-04, 01:42
Yea liek others said it is part of the neochronicle. I am sure Storm Bots will soon be all over Neocron Entrance zones and the only way for Anti city to get inside NC soon will be y Secret BD passage only or the one under Crahn Church.

ezza
27-03-04, 01:45
Originally posted by trigger hurt

n3m - perhaps if our faction allies were fighting on the right side, they wouldn't find themselves dead by the hands of cartel every where they turn. No, we don't care anymore. Before we even started taking ops, our allies were against us...never gave us a chance...so why should we spare them? its pathetic the way a number of BD allie factions have gone against cartel, for what reason, meh i dunno its bullshit whatever it is.

number of times FA have been suprised when me or a member of my clan attacks them is prety funny.

"i though crahn were allied with FA" not this clan, nib

as to the DOY bots spawnage, was just at tescom earlier, and at the DOY entrance, OMG pure FPS killer, why they dont it dont see the point myself, i hope it is leading to something good, cos over loading the area with bots is pointless imo

Estabin
27-03-04, 02:33
I had my spy logged out at El Farid Oasis before they spawned all them... logged him on yesterday and was completely surrounded by DoY bots. Sat for a bit and said screw it and started hunting... killed like 20 before I was side swiped and even made a dex level :D only bad thing is I couldn't hack them cuz they where constantly surrounding me :(

n3m
27-03-04, 12:55
Originally posted by trigger hurt
n3m - perhaps if our faction allies were fighting on the right side, they wouldn't find themselves dead by the hands of cartel every where they turn. No, we don't care anymore. Before we even started taking ops, our allies were against us...never gave us a chance...so why should we spare them?

Might be, tbh I don't know. I left the game -I think- 1 or 2 weeks before the New Dawn fell. And I came back when everyone was whining about Cartel. I hunted with you guys and nothing was wrong, even some pvp matches inside CRP which were a lot of fun. Hell I even showed Twist the door to the wastelands al ong time ago(was in the same clan as him). I admire how BD went from zero to everything. But lately I only find myself GRing to TG or Rontrade walk (getting pokes :p) because If I GR to Battledome, El farid, Escador or any of the free GR's, I'm getting wacked before I even sync into the zone.

And my fps drops down to 6 with all those bots :(

|R@zor|
28-03-04, 04:24
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
K_14 atm :p.
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/muffdemon-shot0004.jpg

LOL i've got a screenie Very similar to that one taken from just about the same position

but its not just that zone, every single zone along the far north has a similar amount of bots, i went a little adventure up there earlier today and only found 1 quickbelt to hack.

CRAIG DIGGERS
28-03-04, 04:48
Originally posted by Spoon

mm 40 * about 55k from looting and sell in Tangent HQ :D