PDA

View Full Version : Two Things...

-FN-
26-03-04, 05:25
#1) If I recall, back in Beta, Industrial A: Lab used to give unclanned runners +25 to Research and Industrial B used to give unclanned runners +25 to Construct. Please consider bringing this back for DoY, I thought it was an interesting dynamic.

#2) If you really want players to immerse themselves in the game, put in the "AFK" flag so that I can log in, then toggle a button saying I'm going AFK so that I auto respond to DMs and have a little "AFK" flag if people look at my name in the targeting box window.

Marx
26-03-04, 05:27
Originally posted by -FN-
#1) If I recall, back in Beta, Industrial A: Lab used to give unclanned runners +25 to Research and Industrial B used to give unclanned runners +25 to Construct. Please consider bringing this back for DoY, I thought it was an interesting dynamic.

#2) If you really want players to immerse themselves in the game, put in the "AFK" flag so that I can log in, then toggle a button saying I'm going AFK so that I auto respond to DMs and have a little "AFK" flag if people look at my name in the targeting box window.

Love both ideas.

5 stars.

sparrowtm
26-03-04, 05:27

I agree that an afk-flag would be a very useful thing to have - but why would it add to the immersion-factor?

Marx
26-03-04, 05:30
Originally posted by sparrowtm
I agree that an afk-flag would be a very useful thing to have - but why would it add to the immersion-factor?

Alot of people I know log off when they go afk for a prolonged period of time. If you add in some sort of AFK status, alot of people would just pop that and sit in a chair or stand around in a safe area. This would mean more people hanging around, which would add to the atmosphere for those playing.

Myrlin
26-03-04, 05:32
I love both ideas. The bonus are good but not good enough that they wuold get exploited. The AFK flag is a great idea, but I think it should also glue you to the ground so you can't be pushed over a zone line (and then rezz killed for your belt).

Shadow Dancer
26-03-04, 05:33
Both excellent ideas. 5 star

manderf
26-03-04, 05:50
ahh wonderful

me like both

Invertigo
26-03-04, 05:51

omg i been thinking the same exact things for months...

bounty
26-03-04, 06:00
Nice thinking FN, i agree 100% as well. *****

sparrowtm
26-03-04, 06:01
Originally posted by Marx
Alot of people I know log off when they go afk for a prolonged period of time. If you add in some sort of AFK status, alot of people would just pop that and sit in a chair or stand around in a safe area. This would mean more people hanging around, which would add to the atmosphere for those playing.

Understood. Agreed. 5-starred. :)

HumphreY
26-03-04, 06:51
Damn good ideas.

Though idea one would make facs and labs even more less attractive ;)

Alex The Great
26-03-04, 08:03
Originally posted by HumphreY
Damn good ideas.

Though idea one would make facs and labs even more less attractive ;)

Who really cares about ops for anything but a fight tho.

awkward silence
26-03-04, 08:10
cool:cool: ive been thinking bout the same thing too :D
5 stars

Dajuda
26-03-04, 08:43
FN...

Did you ever know that you're my hero...

LVirus
26-03-04, 08:51
I could agree with that research and cst bonus stuff .. then we could see clans guarding it and demanding cash for using it .. that would actually be very nice :D

About AFK.. well perhaps and it would be very easy client side code.

Opar
26-03-04, 09:40
Yaaay.

L3m0n
26-03-04, 10:02
The AFK idea is a good one but for it to work it has to make you so you cant move because how ******** would it be for 20+ people to run around in an OP saying "AFK AFK HaHaHa Nib!!!!" i can see it now.....
and the bonus idea, yep i didnt even know they took it out? So yes put it back its good for new runners to have a bonus so they know what it might be like to own an OP for the Bonus ;)

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 11:57
Love it! :D

___T-X____
26-03-04, 12:00
99% of the stuff on the forums is the cheese and wine.

But this one is the 1% thats good.

5*****

borl
26-03-04, 12:07
Great idea, and you don't even need to stop at an "AFK" tag, you could add tags for tradeskills ie. "Poking", and use abbreviations of the longer words.

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif

applejuice
26-03-04, 12:43
A +

i say A+ yah

n3m
26-03-04, 12:54
Wasn't the second one on it's way, I recall someone from KK saying this

good idea though, both

Myrlin
26-03-04, 14:31
I like the AFK switch but it shouldnt protect you in any way or penalize people who kill you while you are AFK. That way it won't be exploited in op wars.

garyu69
26-03-04, 15:06
Yes to the first,

But no to the second.
If you want to go AFK, go AFK. Whats stopping you now?

zii
26-03-04, 15:08
Excellent idea for the labs. Actually makes them useful. I have only been to one lab though, in IndDustArea 2. Where's the other one?

The AFK doesn't really bother me.

Leebzie
26-03-04, 15:19
#1 Yea, this should help shift people out into the industrial area a bit more.

#2 The AFK sounds a great idea, and im for it, but wouldnt people take advantage and just smash your face in if you were AFK ?

Definately for DM's tho.

Myrlin
26-03-04, 15:39
Originally posted by garyu69
Yes to the first,

But no to the second.
If you want to go AFK, go AFK. Whats stopping you now?

You can go AFK now but no one else knows it so they keep DMing you and wondering why you aren't responding. Having an AFK flag that could auto-respond to DMs with "Sorry I've gone AFK" would fix that problem. As it is now, most people log off if they have to go AFK. If there was an AFK switch then people would set it, go AFK and everyone else would get to see more runners hanging about. It adds to the atmosphere of the game.

-=BlackBeard=-
26-03-04, 15:47
OMG i love it 5 stars.......... also dude i was thinking that maybe the AFK cud make the person invincible and unable to move. it cud make the screen go black and when they move they would come bak and the afk flag wud disappear so people wud be unable to exploit with it

also another great point about unclanned runners unable to get to factorys and labs

Myrlin
26-03-04, 15:51
Originally posted by -=BlackBeard=-
OMG i love it 5 stars.......... also dude i was thinking that maybe the AFK cud make the person invincible and unable to move. it cud make the screen go black and when they move they would come bak and the afk flag wud disappear so people wud be unable to exploit with it

I still think that would get exploited. They'd be used for human shields or it would be used to save yourself from dieing at an Op war. For example, you're fighting outside the Op and you're almost dead. You go "AFK" and announce on voice that you need to know when its clear to come back from "AFK" and heal.

AFK should just auto-respond to DMs and mark above your head that you're AFK. Maybe it should make you immovable, but sitting in a chair accomplishes this just as well so it's not really needed.

AFK players should not prevent a dungeon from resetting.

-=BlackBeard=-
26-03-04, 16:01
yeah did not think about that bit :D ahh well the auto voice bit is good though

Disturbed021
26-03-04, 18:31
Originally posted by Myrlin
I still think that would get exploited. They'd be used for human shields or it would be used to save yourself from dieing at an Op war. For example, you're fighting outside the Op and you're almost dead. You go "AFK" and announce on voice that you need to know when its clear to come back from "AFK" and heal.

AFK should just auto-respond to DMs and mark above your head that you're AFK. Maybe it should make you immovable, but sitting in a chair accomplishes this just as well so it's not really needed.

AFK players should not prevent a dungeon from resetting.
The AFK flag should just be to show other folks that you are AFK.
If you go afk in a dungeon or OP fight you would still be killable like normal.
So, obviously you would only set the afk flag if you were in your apt or some other safeplace.

It should be used for nothing other than a status of availability.

BTW FN ur my hero too:p

Archeus
26-03-04, 19:02
Ind zones giving bonuses was a bug. They should turn them back to ops.

Unclanned runners can make it to factories/labs and get bonuses.

Make the AFK flag do some kind of emote.

El_MUERkO
26-03-04, 19:08
Great ideas both, this would encourge movement beyond plaza and allow people to go afk weither its for an hour or a day without confusing people.

Carinth
26-03-04, 19:12
Yes there was mention of the afk flag being put in, but it never happened. It's one of the simple convienances of mmorpg's that you usualy expect. There are lots of other little things kk could do to make our lives so much easier. Like how about shared apartments? How about a way to transfer more then one item at a time? How about a bank to hold our money. How about a sane way to manage large collections of items, like maybe labels we can place on certain cabs. Why does a Cannon take up as much space as a rare part, which is also the same space as a blueprint in my cabs? How about an indexing feature or catalogue or searching ability for items in our apartments.

I'm sure I could go on if I spent some time thinking about it. There are tons of needlessly difficult things in Neocron. It's all because of some limitation with the interface or simply absent feature. There's no ingame reason why things hafta be like this, why not give the players a break? As the owner of 20 some apartments with at least half stocked full of items, it is decidedly unpleasent to manage large collection in neocron.

garyu69
26-03-04, 20:02
Originally posted by Myrlin
You can go AFK now but no one else knows it so they keep DMing you and wondering why you aren't responding. Having an AFK flag that could auto-respond to DMs with "Sorry I've gone AFK" would fix that problem. As it is now, most people log off if they have to go AFK. If there was an AFK switch then people would set it, go AFK and everyone else would get to see more runners hanging about. It adds to the atmosphere of the game. Surely the fact that they don't reply to you and that they are not moving gives it away that they are AFK?