PDA

View Full Version : Anti Veh Guns = Bugged?

Goa'uld
26-03-04, 00:19
One of my "friends" had a nice little "4" slot Anti-Veh rocket launcher...

He modded etc etc.

But he is pissed off over the fact he poped a useless mod into it...

if you mod an anti-veh wep with an anti person rocket ammo mod, it wont let you load the anti person ammo's (also it isn't show under the supported ammo stats on the wep)... im not sure if it works with any other ammo mods.. (don't ask me why he modded it with anti person)

Anywho... why can you mod a weapon with a mod that does jack?

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 00:31
anti vhc launchers dont need ammo mods, it would seem modding their ammo nulls their anti-vhc-ness :/

you tried dragging anti vhc rockets to the gun ?

anti vhc launchers do very little damage to people usually ... for bovious reasons, all I can say is unlucky and well done if it is a bug :)

Kal
26-03-04, 00:33
unlucky, wtf would he put that mod in for tho, when the moonstriker does so much more damage

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Kal
unlucky, wtf would he put that mod in for tho, when the moonstriker does so much more damage

yeah anti personel mod at that :lol:

Goa'uld
26-03-04, 00:40
yeah he tried to drag the ammo into the gun... under supported ammo types it only says the norm ones...

point is why are you allowed to mod guns with mods that don't work (bugged?)

i suppose he wanted an multi use RPG....

Anyway the moonie does less damage to a veh.. then the anti Veh weps... Gasp!!!!

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 00:41
either report your own post to a mod who might refer it to KK for ya or email it to KK .. or post it in weapon bugs forum!

Kal
26-03-04, 00:41
bug?

Goa'uld
26-03-04, 00:42
Shesh.. i was making sure it was a bug.. i'm not the one to say...

What are forums turning into.... i see bug threads all the time...

From what i know its a feature not a bug.. so they say..

Psycho_byte
26-03-04, 00:46
when you have a fully artifact advanced anti-vhc rocket what else are you gonna mod it with than an ammo mod, at least that ways its multi-tasking to a certain extent. Granted a vehicle rocketlauncher is seen as weak against people but thats meerly because the rockets do unknown damage. The gun itself will not allow the usual "novelty" mods flashlight/laserpointer etc.

Kal
26-03-04, 00:50
good point there, at least its not done any harm

still a good gun for killing vehicles

Psyco Groupie
26-03-04, 00:55
Originally posted by Psycho_byte
when you have a fully artifact advanced anti-vhc rocket what else are you gonna mod it with than an ammo mod, at least that ways its multi-tasking to a certain extent. Granted a vehicle rocketlauncher is seen as weak against people but thats meerly because the rockets do unknown damage. The gun itself will not allow the usual "novelty" mods flashlight/laserpointer etc.

afaik the ammo mods shouldnt fit the weapon and therefore ruin it after modding ... a response would be handy devs

ResurgencE
26-03-04, 13:42
Anyway the moonie does less damage to a veh.. then the anti Veh weps... Gasp!!!!

He didnt mean that the moonstriker did more damage to vehicles. I think what he meant was that the moonstriker does more damage to people than an anti-VC RPG, even if modding it with anti-person was possible, so why bother modding it with anti-person to begin with?

Just use a moonstriker/malediction/whatever for runners and mobs, and the anti-VC for vehicles.

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 13:44
Is he thick?

ANTI VEHICLE, FOR VEHICLES - omg mong

Goa'uld
26-03-04, 16:28
Originally posted by ResurgencE
He didnt mean that the moonstriker did more damage to vehicles. I think what he meant was that the moonstriker does more damage to people than an anti-VC RPG, even if modding it with anti-person was possible, so why bother modding it with anti-person to begin with?

Just use a moonstriker/malediction/whatever for runners and mobs, and the anti-VC for vehicles.

Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Is he thick?

ANTI VEHICLE, FOR VEHICLES - omg mong

What else is there to mod it with??? all 120% .. free slot,

He wanted it to be multi use... i suppose, its better then carrying 3 different weps with you...

BTW... Clown why even bother to post?

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 16:32
Its like saying ive got a burger but want to turn it into a hot dog.

Buy a bloody hot dog then. :lol:

Sorry but its the dumbest thread ive ever seen, it says what it does, and thats all it does.

I have a 5 slot one, and have 3 mods on it, a 4th if i ultimate it, who cares if u cant fill all the slots, its stupidly easy to cap if u have any sense on how to spec.

Goa'uld
26-03-04, 16:35
The thread is about a bug..

How is it dumb?

I posted here to make sure it was a bug, and for other people to check it out...

it's not about filling all the slots...

The point to the thread is, why can you mod a weapon with something that dosen't do anything at all?

Clownst0pper
26-03-04, 16:54
The point to the thread is, why can you mod a weapon with something that dosen't do anything at all?

Does it really matter? U know its for vehicles only, just dont mod it with any other ammo mods.

Its simple, if u must have it, sure fix the bug

Goa'uld
26-03-04, 17:28
why not mod it with an ammo mod? i don't see the harm?

A multi use weapon would be nice. but nooo... we have to hold # amount of weapons...

ResurgencE
26-03-04, 17:38
Sorry, mate. Im with Clown on this one.

If its all-artifact and you have a slot-free, the anti-person mod is still not going to help all that much, even if it WAS possible to use it in a VC-weap.

They're two completely different genres of weaps. If its a bug, then i suppose they can fix it.