View Full Version : The good old days?

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 21:19
Ive been playing Fawkes's account recently, if you dont know him, hes one of the few, remaining Low tech PE's using no stealth, and a liberator.

How do you all feel now the PE has effectivly evolved past a 'class' which was highly skill based, and in some sense had the role of a 'solo' class, into the high tech using class which it is today?

I think most of us can remember the days of pushing setups on our PE's managing to get enough dexterity to use a ROG with some effort, and a judge through drugs.

It was enjoyable, countless occasions where myself, blade, fawkes, did nothing but play PE's with liberators, not realising that infact the aim and damage was awful, we were skilled with them. The 20 clip made no difference to us, we would still attack tanks, and beat them on our own.

I honestly feel that through Power Armour, and the ability for PE's to use MC5 chips has swomped the Spy class out of being individual, and has pushed the PE out of being what it was, into a 'harder' spy, they can stealth, use a first love, and TBH, most combat spys dont cap a first love, and neither does a PE, where is the difference?

Now I know that most people who arent from 'back in the day' will disagree with me completely, but for those like myself, blade, rade, zoneseek, daisuki, im sure we all remember how it was, that as a class, the PE required the most work, and skill. With the earp viable again, will we see more low tech PE's?

I very much doubt it.

-Koro.

Psyco Groupie
25-03-04, 21:21
The real old days, when the lib totally owned and stealth didnt exist ... then they nerfed automatic weapons :(

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 21:23
The real old days, when the lib totally owned and stealth didnt exist ... then they nerfed automatic weapons

The liberator didnt 'own' it earned its reputation with the conjunction of it being used with a freezer, even after its nerf, those were the days when the PE was the perfect class.

Cliffraiser
25-03-04, 22:09
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
The liberator didnt 'own' it earned its reputation with the conjunction of it being used with a freezer, even after its nerf, those were the days when the PE was the perfect class.

it did own, force resist was bugged and youd basically die in 3 seconds. why do you think starkes & co could walk into a zone and the entire zone went like "OMG RUN ITS ZE STARKES RUN IF U WANT TO LIVE!@!!@!!1221oeneone". that a zone with about 30 people in it :P.

It was overpowered, bugged and nerfed :o

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 22:16
Did the fact starkes always used a freeze pistol, and reduced everyones movement to zero, so they could get 100% of a liberators hits on the opponent?

The liberator was 'ok' and yes resist force constituted towards it being nerfed.

But in reality, im talking about the PE was the perfect class when they didnt have access to MC5's, PA, and Stealth.

Possessed
25-03-04, 22:28
TBH I think that the requirment of the SA should be raised to DEX 95 again, so that it is possible to still use it. I agree though that the PE PA, or atleast it's dex bonus should be completely removed from the game. PEs shouldn't get stealth either, tbh we don't need it at all, I would prefer to have a new toy (*cough jetpacks cough*).

Though over the past few months the number of lowtech PEs who don't use PA has increased on pluto atleast. (there's me, jest, barak (think he lommed though=/) cylon, dajuda (when he plays his PE), alex (again, when he plays his PE) and Jest. I'm sure there are more, but I haven't logged onto pluto for a week (damn you coursework).

ZoomZoom
25-03-04, 22:29
owww now u make me miss me pe :(

Judge
25-03-04, 22:36
Has it really got that bad? I don't know because I'm on a break.... but are so few people actually using the libby? When I come back with DoY I will still use Drikie with no PA and pure Lowtech and I will still kick some ass... though maybe not as much as I used to. :D

Psyco Groupie
25-03-04, 22:37
If the sa was 100 dex people would just take their normal drugs to turn it on ...

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 22:38
I counted 2 people using the liberator in the last 2 weeks,

Myself (who was playing fawkes) and some random lowbie with PA.

We lived without stealth, PA and mc5's before, and used to own, its still possible, people have just lost sight of it.

Possessed
25-03-04, 22:39
Yeah but psyco, how many people could be bothered to do that everytime they gred, everytime they died? Anyway, so many PEs have the anti-drug attitude nowdays that only the people who don't give a shit about taking drugs or not could be bothered to use it.

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 22:42
Do people HONESTLY believe, that the Spy is still a class, when the PE does absolutely EVERYTHING a spy can?

If u do, your kidding yourself *cough* rade *cough* ;)

Jest
25-03-04, 22:43
Yah there are actually TONS of PEs without PA on Pluto. Its funny going to a BD op war cause almost every single one is low tech. :p

The PE doesnt replace the spy. In fact Ive sort of think PEs arent as good as they used to be just from my experience as a PPU. I would much rather PPU for a high tech spy than a PE.

As for no PA I think I might try out RoG so I'm probably gonna have to use it, though I might be stupid and choose not to use PA and have crappy resists. :p Partly cause I sure as hell dont have an SA. ;)

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 22:44
Y is a spy better than a PE?

Give me something individual...

As it stands the PE has full access to spys weapons, has tank defence, can stealth, can have a skill such as hacking/poking and get almost 160/165% dmg on a first love, with a redflash.

Now please, Why is this not a spy with better defence?

XaNToR
25-03-04, 22:47
u talking about old days ?

on old days spies had 100 int 50 str 55 con 75 dex and psi 20..

so why u complain about PE having high dex now :wtf:

and PE is better than Spy... resists more.. and thx to drugs ability to use dissi etc

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 22:49
Thats exactly my point.

A PE should never have access to items above tl 100 without severe gimpage, the PE and Spy class have merged to the point where spys are useless and have no idividuality.

As I keep saying, PE's managed for so long without SA access, PA access, and Stealth, and were capable of kicking ass, U dont see a PE now without stealth or PA, as they FEEL they cant live without it.

Its's KK's fault *claps*

XaNToR
25-03-04, 22:54
and u dont face that PE need to drug like hell for it ?

Spy was never meant to be a fight class... spy was always meant to be trader....

u still want to fight as spy ? ok do it but accept that fight classes are better than them...

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 22:58
A spy was never designed to fight?

Why make it so FL was 114 dex, when SA/PA/ were never around

FOR A SPY....

And a PE doesnt have to drug like hell.

1 drug is enough for 114 dex....

Chase.Devine
25-03-04, 23:01
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
A spy was never designed to fight?

Why make it so FL was 114 dex, when SA/PA/ were never around

FOR A SPY....

And a PE doesnt have to drug like hell.

1 drug is enough for 114 dex....

And don't forget the SH.
Its the perfect spy weapon cuz spy is a long distance fighter
and trader and not only the constslave xan wants. :o

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 23:02
Yet a PE can use a SH rediculously easy.

The SPY class is being erased because of the PE's ability to access everything, its contradictory, PE close up fighter, Spy distance fighter? Yet a PE can have it all.

Limited class? Sure,.,,

TheGreatMilenko
26-03-04, 02:15
Spy with Slasher > everything

COLD
26-03-04, 02:26
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
starkes & co could walk into a zone and the entire zone went like "OMG RUN ITS ZE STARKES RUN IF U WANT TO LIVE!@!!@!!1221oeneone".

I can't tell you how many times I heard that

ezza
26-03-04, 03:20
the diffrence was the burst bonus on the libbynot the aiming or anything like that, the bonus you got was imense combined with few people knowing how to setup there char resulted in many a death

cant say my pes old school cos hes a hovertec riding, hacking, sword weilding PE, but hes sure fun to play;)