PDA

View Full Version : Players Reset?

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 17:03
There is going to be a players reset in doy?

Psyco Groupie
no.

manderf
Originally posted by Birdman[H.E.]
There is going to be a players reset in doy?

i don't believe so

Jest
Nope. :p

Edit: Gah, third.

hivemind
25-03-04, 19:40
I wish. Or at least an item and money wipe.

Sadly, it ain't gonna be so... :mad:

plague
25-03-04, 19:50
Originally posted by hivemind
I wish. Or at least an item and money wipe.

Sadly, it ain't gonna be so... :mad:

Why the hell would you want that ?
I'd quit on the spot if that would happen...:eek:

Carinth
25-03-04, 21:35
Yea I wish they would, but nope.

It's gonna be interesting to see how screwed up doy will be by having existing customers with super characters introduced at the same time as new customers with new characters. Maybe we can have some beta style fun like 500k tips and other ways to throw around abundant useless money.

hivemind
25-03-04, 21:51
Originally posted by plague
Why the hell would you want that ?
I'd quit on the spot if that would happen...:eek:
And I bet that for every uber-capped-veteran-bored guy that quit, Neocron would retain two new players who wouldn't have to worry about being griefed, at least for the first month or two, by capped bored people.

Many of you will think that I'm a carebear for saying this, but it's true.

n00b ganking (for any reason) = people quitting

And that does no one any good.

Plus it makes sense from a business standpoint. I would also wager that for every veteran that gets all pissy about a character wipe, there's three more who will just knuckle down and enjoy capping a new stable of characters. I recently deleted characters on Pluto and Venus to start new ones, and I'm having a good time leveling them. It's something I hadn't done in a long time, and recent changes like better starting equipment, having 1200nc in MC5, and the availability of Level 1 implants make it fun again.

I think the game would, in the long run, gain a lot more than it would lose from a character wipe. After all, we're still playing Beta anyway, right? :rolleyes: Who ever heard of a game that let the beta testers keep their characters when the game goes gold... :p

Clive tombstone
25-03-04, 21:52
Heres a tip. when the game goes retail HELP the newbies out (Ie help em lv, give em some stuff, show em the ropes you know) and I dont mean like give em a Plasma bolt to the face man

Come on man, they dont have any money to begin with, and I dont mean like "I work at Wal-mart, and I have no money" I mean zippo zilch close to nothing man, so show some love, itll come around to you later on...

Shadow Dancer
25-03-04, 22:05
Originally posted by Carinth

It's gonna be interesting to see how screwed up doy will be by having existing customers with super characters introduced at the same time as new customers with new characters. Maybe we can have some beta style fun like 500k tips and other ways to throw around abundant useless money.

Yea man you're right. KK should do like other famous mmorpgs and completely wipe chars whenever an expansion comes out.

Oh wait....they don't do that.

zii
25-03-04, 22:11
Helping a new influx of new players sounds like a good idea to me.

Its really not hard to contriuct some useful items for them and ppu them. Even my tank PPUs low-level chars because, unless they are PPUs they can't really use a simple deflector.

Aziraphale
25-03-04, 22:14
I would quite like to see a wipe, I love levelling up my newbie chars. but I can understand why most of you are dead against it.

*makes himself comfortable on the fence*

Carinth
25-03-04, 22:22
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Yea man you're right. KK should do like other famous mmorpgs and completely wipe chars whenever an expansion comes out.

Oh wait....they don't do that.

Is this an expansion? Am I adding a patch onto my existing software? An expansion, like the ones for EverQuest are applied to an existing instalation of the game. It is necessary to have EverQuest already to install the expansion pack. Often they come in bundles so that as a new customer you can buy both the original game and the expansion pack.

Nowhere do I see mention of "expansion" or "requires Neocron to play" I'm going to be deleting existing software and installing a completely new game. How often does a company let you keep your character between games? I can't think of many.

Glok
25-03-04, 22:26
Haven't we already been over this? Within a week or 2 the powergamers would be capped, kitted, and rich again.

zii
25-03-04, 22:26
Originally posted by Aziraphale
I would quite like to see a wipe, I love levelling up my newbie chars. but I can understand why most of you are dead against it.

Becasue I spent one and a half years getting my primary tank to cap strength and aquire a lot of items and money.

I am looking for a game with longlevity, which Noecron has. A wipe immediatly removes any such longlevity and thus my need to play this game. In fact I will stop playing games because the last online game I played did just that - a wipe. So I left in complete disgust.

People seem to forget that some of the player base is not at school, and does not even have an hour each day to invest in this game. They have a job and a family to hold down. Therefore a wipe, in my opinion, results in a total loss of their game.

ZoomZoom
25-03-04, 22:27
its a no.

but apart of me wants it too. just think all the lowbes again wow i would like it but i would miss my ppu monk :)

Jest
25-03-04, 22:37
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
Heres a tip. when the game goes retail HELP the newbies out (Ie help em lv, give em some stuff, show em the ropes you know) and I dont mean like give em a Plasma bolt to the face man
Funny enough I dont agree with the no Plasma bolt to the face. :p Don't get me wrong, I love helping newbs. I will always go out of my way to explain something to a new player, show him the leveling spots, help him set up his char, and I am starting to stockpile newb weapons in my DRE epic apartment so that I will be well equiped to provide for our next generation of players.

BUT for example, myself raiding MB won't get put on hold for the first months of new retail so that they won't get touched. Some times the best thing you can do to a person is give them a smack down. Griefing is stupid, pking at reasonable volumes is a good thing imo. It gives them something to look forward to, some thing to drive them. They can think "when I get higher that person will die." It creates a distinction in their mind of bad guy, good guy. I dont regret the times I got killed. It puts hair on your chest. :p

(Btw I would consider an MB raid a very different thing than say just camping the Aggie Cellars ;))

Carinth
25-03-04, 22:46
It's a lot easier to start from scratch and see where the system is broken to fix it, then to start with an already abused and broken system. I've said countless times, it's not just a wipe that's needed. You impliment a working system/fix the problems with the previous one and then wipe.

I'll never understand why people are so averse to wipes. If playing the game is that much of a chore/boring to you, then why are you here? If you're soley here for the end content, then why are you playing a rpg? Is it that painful to start over?

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 22:47
No ganking with a wipe?

WOW, takes me 2 days to cap a PE with all my gear.

HUZZAH!

as if...

plague
25-03-04, 22:50
Originally posted by hivemind
And I bet that for every uber-capped-veteran-bored guy that quit, Neocron would retain two new players who wouldn't have to worry about being griefed, at least for the first month or two, by capped bored people.

Many of you will think that I'm a carebear for saying this, but it's true.

n00b ganking (for any reason) = people quitting

And that does no one any good.

Plus it makes sense from a business standpoint. I would also wager that for every veteran that gets all pissy about a character wipe, there's three more who will just knuckle down and enjoy capping a new stable of characters. I recently deleted characters on Pluto and Venus to start new ones, and I'm having a good time leveling them. It's something I hadn't done in a long time, and recent changes like better starting equipment, having 1200nc in MC5, and the availability of Level 1 implants make it fun again.

I think the game would, in the long run, gain a lot more than it would lose from a character wipe. After all, we're still playing Beta anyway, right? :rolleyes: Who ever heard of a game that let the beta testers keep their characters when the game goes gold... :p

I c you point, but dude I got 2 accounts and been playing since beta, I got so much sht (mc5 imps, rares) that if all that be gone.....I dunno ....
Plus i hate leveling new chars, lvled so many it makes me sick .

So if char wipe would happen with doy lots veterans would just quit, we already fedup with all the bugs and lag and if we r to loose all our sht, well u can imagen how pissed ppl would be.