PDA

View Full Version : DOY Upgrade should be free

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 12:56
Im not telling KK dont deserve money, but im concerned about us..
Players since Betas, who payed to play neocron beta 5.
The game distributor fucked our player quota up.
And the game was full of bugs and exploits.

Now that they are realeasing what we all was waiting for, we have to pay like what, 29 EU?

Is that right for you?

PD: I LOVE THIS GAME, BUT IM NOT STUPID

Gestra
25-03-04, 12:58
no.

And this is not beta 5.

Celt
25-03-04, 13:00
Originally posted by Gestra
no.

And this is not beta 5.
It's beta 11 :)

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 13:01
For me this is the best MMO out there by far, but you sure we dont deserve at least a better discount than a Discount Voucher.

I live in Buenos Aires, what im gonna do with that discount Voucher?

Charge me half the upgrade price at least and yes!

Gestra
25-03-04, 13:02
Why does KK owe you something because you play the game?

They dont.

Its harsh but true.

Bruce
25-03-04, 13:03
I think if they really bring DOY with all the nice planed changes they deserve some xtra money for their work really:)

Sorontar
25-03-04, 13:04
No

It's a fair price for what is essentially a new game, what with the ugraded engine and all.

You use the voucher against your payments after you have had your free month.

So in all likelihood ( depending on monthly fee ) you are getting 2 free months.

And yes originally we were promised a free upgrade , when hacknet was finished............ but this is so much more than that.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 13:05
Originally posted by Gestra
Why does KK owe you something because you play the game?

They dont.

Its harsh but true.

Well after all people like me, made this game possible, most of the ppl left the game, but some of us remain here after all no matter what.

Even when all our friends left the game, becouse of a big fault of the publisher uncapability to get more players ingame.

My clan died 3 times ingame, my chars got delets twice i think.

Now they wanna keep charging me money, for something they promised to give me 1 year ago?

Well kk dont own me nothing, but i think they Shouldnt be charging me for something like this, for players like me, this should be free, or at least decent priced.
This price is no upgrade price, its really the price i should pay for a new MMO in any country.

So thats the point really.

Siygess
25-03-04, 13:05
If you only have one account, BDoY is only going to cost you $14 (in the long run) so it's not exactly going to break the bank.

EDIT: Just to put that in context, $14 = £7.70. Over here, most MMORPG expansion packs cost £19.99 when they come out, and thats around $36. $14 is a fair price, IMHO.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 13:08
for germans players should be easy to send the boucher, but for the rest in the world, come on..

Charge less instead of asking us for sending a voucher in. that should be at least decent

Siygess
25-03-04, 13:10
I dont think its that kind of voucher - its probably the electroinc kind.. i.e. you register the BDoY expansion, enter a voucher number and thats it, the voucher is applied to your account.

Celt
25-03-04, 13:11
Originally posted by Sorontar
No

It's a fair price for what is essentially a new game, what with the ugraded engine and all.
The upgraded engine, that the only evidence we have for in 3 or 4 RENDERS.

You use the voucher against your payments after you have had your free month.

So in all likelihood ( depending on monthly fee ) you are getting 2 free months.

And yes originally we were promised a free upgrade , when hacknet was finished............ but this is so much more than that.
I've still not seen one well written researched post detailing how exactly B:DoY is so so much more then DoY was.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 13:12
What about shipment charge, you forgetting about that.
Why dont they release a download version at least?

29EU + SHIPMENT

Then i have to send the voucher to wait to get 10 EU back?

i think they shouldnt charge thouse 10 EU at the first place, and then also we should get a download version.

For example I payed 19 dollars to play eve. then i downloaded it.
19 Dollars for a new game.

In neo i have invested tons of cash, and now i have to pay 29 EU + Shipment

well that doesnt seem fare for people outside germany, uk and maybe us

robdekoning
25-03-04, 13:34
Like my mum would say, well Rob buying the expansion pack means less beer tonight...and shes right

Sorontar
25-03-04, 13:36
Originally posted by Celt
I've still not seen one well written researched post detailing how exactly B:DoY is so so much more then DoY was.

It was difficult to figure out wtf you were saying because of the dodgy quote but it happens.

I'm not gonna go into great detail about the differences just to satisfy some whiney elitist.

.Ooo I've played for ages , I'm so much better than you , I deserve to not pay.

FFS just get over it , it's a fair deal

Marx
25-03-04, 13:48
Originally posted by Birdman[H.E.]
In neo i have invested tons of cash, and now i have to pay 29 EU + Shipment

You've invested tons of cash, but you've been able to play.

You'll still be able to play without the Dome of York expansion, so if you really don't want to bother... Don't.

Just stop moaning. I'm sorry that you can't understand that reality dictates that companies actually have to make money.

:rolleyes:

Celt
25-03-04, 13:50
[B]I'm not gonna go into great detail about the differences just to satisfy some whiney elitist.
How am I an elitist?
I didnt play the beta's, I only started in the third month after retail.

.Ooo I've played for ages , I'm so much better than you , I deserve to not pay.

FFS just get over it , it's a fair deal
Where did I say that?

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

SynC_187
25-03-04, 13:50
You don't like it you can play without the expansion apparently.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 14:16
No way im playing without the expansion..

Anyway k lets put this right companies have to make money.
But buyers doesnt want to be stoled neither.

To be sincere all the last year i been paying without playing, i just started playing back again some days ago.

I keep paying just to support the game waiting for doy.

So it must be my fault for being stupid to pay for a beta.

Anyway forget about the free upgrade, lets put like this, give me a decent discount (forget about the voucher its useless), give me a download version, and im in.

PD: And yes after i payed for beta 5, i think at least kk own me more respect, thats all

.Cyl0n
25-03-04, 14:18
arrghghh

no wonder mjs doesnt posten often here.. i would do exactly the same if i had to see this whiny community everyday

STFU already .. if you dont like it go play SWG or whatever

Psyco Groupie
25-03-04, 14:22
Its 13 quid sterling ... thats like the same price of some groceries .. its fecking cheap ... ssssshhh

naimex
25-03-04, 14:25
I know I´m not the oldest player here, only been here since patch 156 or so..

but I have absolutely no problem with them wanting to get a bit of money to keep this game running.

So I voted no.. It shouldn´t be free, and I am more than fully convinced that it will be every single € worth and then some.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 14:26
Originally posted by naimex
I know I´m not the oldest player here, only been here since patch 156 or so..

but I have absolutely no problem with them wanting to get a bit of money to keep this game running.

So I voted no.. It shouldn´t be free, and I am more than fully convinced that it will be every single € worth and then some.

Sure you must be right, add 30 dollars shipment, and tell me

Celt
25-03-04, 14:30
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Its 13 quid sterling ... thats like the same price of some groceries .. its fecking cheap ... ssssshhh
It's actually £20.

ut2k4 DVD version is £17.99
Far Cry is £24.99

SynC_187
25-03-04, 14:32
No way im playing without the expansion..

Anyway k lets put this right companies have to make money.
But buyers doesnt want to be stoled neither.

To be sincere all the last year i been paying without playing, i just started playing back again some days ago.

I keep paying just to support the game waiting for doy.

So it must be my fault for being stupid to pay for a beta.

Anyway forget about the free upgrade, lets put like this, give me a decent discount (forget about the voucher its useless), give me a download version, and im in.

PD: And yes after i payed for beta 5, i think at least kk own me more respect, thats all

Why is the voucher useless?

Might be a pain to set up and use it but it will give you free play time.

The decision is made and most people are willing to pay it.

I think this is a pointless thread.

Remember the publisher wants money too. This will work in our favour for advertising etc. That way we might get more people in game.

You say you want to support the game. Well the release of BDoY is the big test. If its a flop then the games doomed.

Willisit
25-03-04, 14:39
As I understand it, DoY is £20.17 + shipping - but that includes a 10 euro discount (for whatever) so that makes the game £13.43 + shipping.

It's not all that bad!

If it were free we'd all think "Great!" then KK would go under... not so "Great!" then eh.

Celt
25-03-04, 14:40
Originally posted by Willisit
As I understand it, DoY is £20.17 + shipping - but that includes a 10 euro discount (for whatever) so that makes the game £13.43 + shipping.

It's not all that bad!

If it were free we'd all think "Great!" then KK would go under... not so "Great!" then eh.
A 10 euro discount is fine, but it still costs £20.

Mr_Snow
25-03-04, 14:54

Why would KK go under considering they havent gone under without the release?

KK and the publisher will get cash from selling it to people who dont play the game atm and both will get the continued support of they whiney community that has supported them for the last year and without they probably would of gone under by this stage.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 14:55

It's not all that bad!

29 EU + (25-30 Dollars)shipment + 15 dollars customs (yeah now electronic games pay customs in my country at least)

then i have to take a voucher pay the mail to send it, and wait that god someday pay me back 10 eu?

I did this once when i bought beta 5. i have to pass trough all this again?

To buy eve i payed 19 dollars, and downloaded, 19 dollars vs (79) dollars or something like that

yeah right is really fare

Sorontar
25-03-04, 15:02
How am I an elitist?
I didnt play the beta's, I only started in the third month after retail.

Where did I say that?

[ edited ]

No Celt I was referring to the thread starter , its just I quoted you as you kinda inferred that I hadn't made a full and solid argument for DoY being different that BDoY.

So to summarise

I cannot be arsed to make a full comparison to satisfy the thread starter.

Your quote was just a reference.

Vampire222
25-03-04, 15:09
if you dont wanna pay a few lousy bucks for doy, why re you still playing? geez ppl... its like 5 less beers or somthing

IceStorm
25-03-04, 15:14
I would've paid to play Beta 2, so the upgrade price of $40 for two boxes (three accounts under one, one under the other) after rebate is fine with me.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 15:14
For someone who enters a shop 5 blocks away from home and gets the game thats easy.

Why don't we have a download version?

I payed more than 60 dollars once, i have to do that again?

btw with 79 dollars i buy more than 120 beers here or something like that

Strych9
25-03-04, 15:16
Well go buy beer then. You posted the poll, and the people have voted.

Sorontar
25-03-04, 15:21

It's not all that bad!

Also if we just got a free download we wouldn't get the free months play. We'd just get a patch and pay from day one.

So take another £6 of that

£7.43 + shipping

L0KI
25-03-04, 15:25
It simply cannot be free.

How to crush a business in 1 easy step:

1. Give out your eagerly awaited expansion pack for FREE!!!

errr, no.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 15:26
Originally posted by Strych9
Well go buy beer then. You posted the poll, and the people have voted.

yeah 33 people voted no and only 6 of us maybe 8 posting, you are right

Strych9
25-03-04, 15:29
yeah 33 people voted no and only 6 of us maybe 8 posting, you are right LOL. If you had no intention on accepting the results of the poll, or people's comments, why did you start a poll to begin with. :confused:

EDIT: I bet if all 52 poll responses had been Yes, you would have eagerly accepted those results as accurate.

Neocrons_coward
25-03-04, 15:29
I have a comment about this to make with regards to the poll/... What morons voted No??? There are more than outsmart the yes... We pay a monthly fee and until bugs are fixed we should have DOY free... I think its a disgrace sometimes that companies make an upgrade and charge their customers... Every online game i been on did that but the prices were a rip off and in the end accounts couldnt go on.. I doubt ill be buying DOY though.,. If it terminates account ill maybe have to look for new online game

Celt
25-03-04, 15:31
Originally posted by L0KI

errr, no.
Which is why I voted for it to cost less.

Fuck 1 month free, fuck €10 rebate against playtime, let me download the fucking game, upgrade my 4 accounts and play, and not try rip me off.

Neocrons_coward
25-03-04, 15:33
Originally posted by L0KI

errr, no.

We pay a monthly fee [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] they wont go bust it will promote their business if not then they lost nothing.. Peop0le dont leave a game or a business doesnt loose business over updates.. duh.. Make it free

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 15:36
Which is why I voted for it to cost less.

Fuck 1 month free, fuck €10 rebate against playtime, let me download the fucking game, upgrade my 4 accounts and play, and not try rip me off.

I totally agree with you

Marx
25-03-04, 15:54
For someone who enters a shop 5 blocks away from home and gets the game thats easy.

Why don't we have a download version?

I payed more than 60 dollars once, i have to do that again?

btw with 79 dollars i buy more than 120 beers here or something like that

You don't have to order it.

You can wait for it to be shipped to game stores around your area.

Last time I checked, alot of games don't offer downloadable expansions, why should KK go through the hassle of stepping up to do it?

Originally posted by Neocrons coward dude - not celt. =P
We pay a monthly fee [ edited ]they wont go bust it will promote their business if not then they lost nothing.. Peop0le dont leave a game or a business doesnt loose business over updates.. duh.. Make it free

You pay a monthly fee for access to the game. Last time I checked, they're pretty good in terms of access - and they haven't broken any of the promises which the game advertises. There are frequent updates, and content is added.

As for your other point - You seem to have a crappy business perspective. What makes this release different and unique, is the new publisher.

I can care less about getting a crappy new city.

I care about the fact that a new advertising campaign will be coming out along with this release - and its much easier to start an ad campaign with a release, as opposed to just starting one up for a game thats been out for awhile...

Celt
25-03-04, 15:56
Originally posted by Marx

You pay a monthly fee for access to the game. Last time I checked, they're pretty good in terms of access - and they haven't broken any of the promises which the game advertises. There are frequent updates, and content is added.

As for your other point - You seem to have a crappy business perspective. What makes this release different and unique, is the new publisher.

I can care less about getting a crappy new city.

I care about the fact that a new advertising campaign will be coming out along with this release - and its much easier to start an ad campaign with a release, as opposed to just starting one up for a game thats been out for awhile...
I didnt say that, neocrons coward did.

I'm happy doy's coming, I'm happy to pay a fair price for it, but not this.

Marx
25-03-04, 15:59

fixed - and just remember, its not an 'expansion' in the way most of us view them.

Its a rerelease. When you buy it, you're getting everything one would need to start playing - as opposed to other expansions which require you to have a copy of the main game beforehand etc.

Neocrons_coward
25-03-04, 16:09

I think he owes u an apoligy :P hehe im pretty good at this hehe./.. Wow a new city.. I havent yet explored outside neocron im usually like stuck in aggies still fighting them and of course giving all the moutyh to littleterror and bum chums... God shes or it is a bitch but yet aghain isnt life lol... Well eitherway its all fun when im bout lvl 30 odd ill go explore... I am gonna wait until i conquer a section of an area.. I just wish i had a fol;der in neocron as i got scared of a dragonfly in real life at work and squashed it with my folder well panic attacked and then screamed like a right poof lol.. it was horrible... removing a leg and a body of a squashed dragonfly was even worse.....

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 16:12
fixed - and just remember, its not an 'expansion' in the way most of us view them.

Its a rerelease. When you buy it, you're getting everything one would need to start playing - as opposed to other expansions which require you to have a copy of the main game beforehand etc.

Well if its not a expansion we played beta, and now we are going to have a real release?

Marx
25-03-04, 16:15
Well if its not a expansion we played beta, and now we are going to have a real release?

Its an expansion for us.

Hence why we get a discount. The price its being offered at is actually cheaper than what I bought DAoC's Shrouded Isles expansion for... Cheaper than what I bought their Atlantis expansion for...

And stop with the whiny crybaby 'hurr beta 5' shit. You as the player, payer, and provider could stop payment at any time if you didn't want to support Reakktor and Neocron. You didn't, sucks, stop crying.

Celt
25-03-04, 16:18

Yes, but I dont WANT a re-release, I want to upgrade my 4 accounts, and THATS ALL I WANT!

Marx
25-03-04, 16:20
Yes, but I dont WANT a re-release, I want to upgrade my 4 accounts, and THATS ALL I WANT!

Then pre-order it.

I sincerely doubt shipping costs are going to be insane, and if they are - you can cancel your pre-order.

Celt
25-03-04, 16:22
Then pre-order it.

I sincerely doubt shipping costs are going to be insane, and if they are - you can cancel your pre-order.
Yes, €120 to upgrade my 4 accounts, with €40 euro voucher I dont want, and 1 months playtime I dont need.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 16:23
Then pre-order it.

Shipping cost for non US, non Euro players should be over 20 dollars, you are not counting customs costs

Marx
25-03-04, 16:24
Yes, €120 to upgrade my 4 accounts, with €40 euro voucher I dont want, and 1 months playtime I dont need.

Perhaps you should be looking for constructive ways to convince Reakktor folk to allow the accounts to come from different payment options.

Because it seems that this problem is not only limited to you, and is actually being experienced by a good number of people.

Shipping cost for non US, non Euro players should be over 20 dollars, you are not counting customs costs

MJS said there'd be a stateside shipping location. So I doubt that.

Celt
25-03-04, 16:26
Perhaps you should be looking for constructive ways to convince Reakktor folk to allow the accounts to come from different payment options.

Because it seems that this problem is not only limited to you, and is actually being experienced by a good number of people.

I did vote for option two, and I dont expect or want DoY to be free.

I'd prefer if DoY came with a key, which can be inputted into any 4 accounts and then becomes invalid, up the price to €40 if necessary, and encourage people to buy copies "together".

I also wouldnt be past an increase of €1 per month when DoY is released in monthly payments.

Spoon
25-03-04, 17:21
Face it, Birdman...

Most of these fanbois would give their left nut to play DoY...

And KK/10t know it....

And apparently they have more money than they know what to do with.....

While I've come to grips with the fact that DoY aint going to be free..

I believe the current price for DoY is way too much for an expansion....

If there's not a download version availible at the time release for less than $25, then I'm done......

Sorontar
25-03-04, 17:26

So Celt , why can't you upgrade 4 accounts from one disc like everyone else who has multiples ?

Are they in different names ?

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 17:27
Originally posted by Spoon
Face it, Birdman...

Most of these fanbois would give their left nut to play DoY...

And KK/10t know it....

And apparently they have more money than they know what to do with.....

If there's not a download version availible at the time release for less than $25, then I'm done......

Yeah maybe i exagerated with the free thing, k.
I really totally agree with you in this, at least we need a download version for the people upgrading..
Even if we want new players to come in, most MMO today have download versions (except from blood suckers like mythic)

Marx
25-03-04, 17:29

Because back when it was going to be free it was just going to be another city. Imagine tech haven on crack.

Now its arguably much more so.

Its not an 'expansion' in the true sense of the term - It is for us, hence why we have the advanced notice and option to preorder it at a discount.

DAoC gold edition costs way more than the preorder so far.

DAoC gold contains the original client and shrouded isles, both of which are pretty much required for play nowadays. SO its obviously similar to the NC/BDoY bundle that's being sold.

bai bai.

Tom Da Man
25-03-04, 17:33
Look its simple:

You think that ur special because u have been playing for ages

so what i think ur the only one who is complaning about DoY being expensive.

If u dont want to pay then dont simple.............. duh..........

i want DoY so i will pay for it

i have lost probably just as much if not more than you from bugs if u realy care that u have to pay then go play something else that u dont have to pay for! i have 2 accounts (this and my bros) i am willing to pay the price for all the extras that DoY comes with and yes i know that they said that it would be delayed etc but u cant expect something this big to be just released to the public when there is a massive chance that it would just fail as soon as it hits the net. if u payed for account to NC then realised that u would have to pay for DoY as well then u can just wait till the price drops and everyone else has bought there (ie NC now is HELL of a lot cheaper than what it costed at the release date)

so stop whineing and get a LIFE!

John_Ravenhawk
25-03-04, 17:33
all of the expansions for other games are about the same price and took about the same amount of time... so I have no problem paying for this upgrade I only want it now.

Ixholla
25-03-04, 17:40
I have only one word to say.....

FOCK NO!

I hope they raise it to 40euros so your cheap
ass can't play.

:P

Candaman
25-03-04, 17:41
Haven't read the whole thread but i voted no i'm intruiged to see how MJS will put this money to use and what it will bring for US in DoY

Spoon
25-03-04, 17:43

bai bai.

Winnar!!!!111

You can believe what you want to believe.....

To me it's just an expansion......:rolleyes:

Ixholla
25-03-04, 17:45
[edited violation of fourm rules][spam]

Strych9
For the original retail release, at least, it was not in the best interest of the publisher to have the download version available at the same time, since they made more money on the box version (and had put all of the effort of publishing into the box version).

So unless the pub this time gets money from when people download it from the website (which normally the publisher has nothing to do with) then expect the download to come at a later date.

As far as the fanboi stuff, just drop it. Onoz! Some people are happy that DOY is coming out.

This game is not about being pissed off, its about having fun. If you are pissed and not having fun, then why the hell are you still here?

KimmyG
Things in this world cost money.

Whoever voted yes is retarded I have paid for every expasion I have bought so neocron should be no differn't.

More paid employies, better servers and better service dont come from handing out charity you got a 10 euro rebate wich should be more than good enough.

Candaman
25-03-04, 17:46
Originally posted by Ixholla
[edited for consistancy

[edited-violation of fourm rules][freya]

Celt
25-03-04, 17:52
So Celt , why can't you upgrade 4 accounts from one disc like everyone else who has multiples ?

Are they in different names ?
2 have different credit cards, other 2 have different names.

Marx
25-03-04, 18:02
Winnar!!!!111

You can believe what you want to believe.....

To me it's just an expansion......:rolleyes:

And you can pay an expansion price for it.

So whats the problem?

sw1tch
25-03-04, 18:23
2 have different credit cards, other 2 have different names.

if you could put all your accounts onto one credit card and change them all into the same name (dont know if there are the account settings for changing your name)
then you would actually get DoY for free and have a saving of 12 euros in your pocket (assuming i didnt work it out wrong and that doesnt include shipping). Thats from taking into account the money saved from the free weeks.

Celt
25-03-04, 18:26
Originally posted by sw1tch
if you could put all your accounts onto one credit card and change them all into the same name (dont know if there are the account settings for changing your name)
then you would actually get DoY for free and have a saving of 12 euros in your pocket (assuming i didnt work it out wrong and that doesnt include shipping).
The 2 with differeing CC's are paid for 6months.

Thats from taking into account the money saved from the free weeks.
Money saved on monthly fees, and money saved via the €10 discount on other crap, DO NOT EQUATE TO REAL MONEY SAVED!

That is something anyone who has studied business will(should) know.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 18:30
Because back when it was going to be free it was just going to be another city. Imagine tech haven on crack.

Now its arguably much more so.

Its not an 'expansion' in the true sense of the term - It is for us, hence why we have the advanced notice and option to preorder it at a discount.

DAoC gold edition costs way more than the preorder so far.

DAoC gold contains the original client and shrouded isles, both of which are pretty much required for play nowadays. SO its obviously similar to the NC/BDoY bundle that's being sold.

[b]

bai bai.

EVE cost 19 dollars, download version, no upgrade, no nothing (2k people is the less you see inside, most of the time over 4k)
You pay 19 dollars and you start playing.

You are talking about mythic, well at least daoc servers had 1k (per server) people in that time.

Neo servers have 90 ppl when i log in... so *figures*

Marx
25-03-04, 18:33
EVE cost 19 dollars, download version, no upgrade, no nothing (2k people is the less you see inside, most of the time over 4k)
You pay 19 dollars and you start playing.

Eve is able to do that because they had an amazing influx of people in the beginning due to pretty sharp advertising.

Also, they didn't do it from release.

You are talking about mythic, well at least daoc servers had 1k (per server) people in that time.

Neo servers have 90 ppl when i log in... so *figures*

Well, figure about a year without advertising and new players coming in based on word of mouth from other players... Neocron survived, and I say that shows something special.

Spoon
25-03-04, 18:42
Originally posted by sw1tch

Well it appears you can do that, but what I'm wondering, if you start changing account info, will those accounts fall under the "active for 3 months before DoY release" rule?
I think you would be taking a chance on when DoY will actually come out......

I'm in the same boat, 2 accounts, 1 CC, 2 names(me and my sons)...

And you can pay an expansion price for it.

So whats the problem?

$43 dollars for an expansion seems like alot to me.....

For $49(shipping included) I can get BF1942 plus the Road to Rome expansion, and not have to pay any monthly fees.....

I would prefer a d/l option for $25 or less....

Money saved on monthly fees, and money saved via the €10 discount on other crap, DO NOT EQUATE TO REAL MONEY SAVED!

I agree....

KK/10t should just knock the 10 euro voucher/rebate off the base price...
Seems like it's only a good deal for those with 3+ accounts...

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 18:46
Eve is able to do that because they had an amazing influx of people in the beginning due to pretty sharp advertising.

Also, they didn't do it from release.

[b]

Well, figure about a year without advertising and new players coming in based on word of mouth from other players... Neocron survived, and I say that shows something special.

Yeah survived thanks to all of us, including the ones that dont want to pay 70 dollars for an expansion.

Anyway my problem is this, atm neo servers have 90-400 ppl but you know you cant have a decent gamming experience with no fluid server quota.

All of us accepted this and continued paying hoping for situation to change and expansion to come.

The other publisher stole our money then? or what?

All im asking is give me a decent price for the upgrade wich i will gladly pay, and give me a download version.

About the eve can do that blah thing.. well its not my fault kk didnt knew what publisher to choose, couse cdv ruined our game experience badly, i shouldnt be paying for others mistake.

garyu69
25-03-04, 18:52
I love the way people who have been here for ages believe that KK owe them something.
How about you owe them something for the amount of joy they have provided to you.

IMO DoY is priced very cheap.
It is pretty much like a new game, and to have been paying only $9.95 per month compared to other MMO's its not exactly much.

.Cyl0n
25-03-04, 18:56
Originally posted by garyu69
I love the way people who have been here for ages believe that KK owe them something.
How about you owe them something for the amount of joy they have provided to you.

It is pretty much like a new game, and to have been paying only $9.95 per month compared to other MMO's its not exactly much.

agreed... im playing since beta 4 and i think the same :)

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 19:07

How much joy you can find in a MMO with 90 PPL per sever. I love this game, the only problem it got for me is the PPL ammount.
I never asked for more features all i wanted was mas ppl.

But if you are a dork that want to give your cash away thats fine for me, i wont pay shipment + customs charges just becouse the new distributor want cash, there must be another option than this.

Spoon
25-03-04, 19:12

I disagree....

I payed $42 for NC originally and the expansion will cost me $43(if it's shipped from a US dist.)

$42 + $43 = $85 to play BDoY...

So Joe Newguy goes and picks up Neocron/BDoY at the local game store for, what?, $55-$60 maybe?....

Unless BDoY going to be $75-$85 in the stores, I payed more for it...
Why should a loyal customer have to pay more for BDoY?

To me it's just simple math....

Candaman
25-03-04, 19:15
I disagree....

I payed $42 for NC originally and the expansion will cost me $43(if it's shipped from a US dist.)

$42 + $43 = $85 to play BDoY...

So Joe Newguy goes and picks up Neocron/BDoY at the local game store for, what?, $55-$60 maybe?....

Unless BDoY going to be $75-$85 in the stores, I payed more for it...
Why should a loyal customer have to pay more for BDoY?

To me it's just simple math....

Onoz i paid once for one game and now a expansion pack that will be practically a whole new game comes along and i have to PAY WTF and i think monthly fee's should go and everyone @ kk works for free!!!111onethreethreesevenleet

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Candaman
Onoz i paid once for one game and now a expansion pack that will be practically a whole new game comes along and i have to PAY WTF and i think monthly fee's should go and everyone @ kk works for free!!!111onethreethreesevenleet

I payed more than 50 dollars to play a game, a game in wich i enjoyed beta time much better than retail why was that?
Players quantity after some months of retail went to near 0.

Now after months of paying a game who almost nobody plays, just to support it, they want me to go trough shipment + customs again?

I may be idiot for supporting a game without really enjoying it just becouse the good times i had in the past, but not stupid pay more just to see if it really changes, who ensures me the ppl quota will go up in doy? i dont know

Sorontar
25-03-04, 19:28
The 2 with differeing CC's are paid for 6months.

Actually the saving would be about 90 euros if you managed to change them all onto one name etc. because you'd only buy one copy. I'd seriously look into changing those even if its just for the present whilst BDoY is brought in.

And bollox to your business crap lets talk hard outlay in wonga okay. You are going to HAVE TO lay out 29.95 to upgrade.

Without the voucher or free month your outlay would be:

29.95 for BDoY (which you would have to buy to enjoy the game fully )
20.00 for two months play ( assuming the price is the same )

So from the time of BDoY to the end of the second month you're outlay without any of these specials would be

49.95 approx.

Now with the offer your outlay is:

29.95 for BDoY
plus nothing as your first two months are prepaid

Yes this means that you have to play for two months and its not money physically in your pocket. But if you were definitely going to play those months anyway then you have 20.00 that can now be spent on something else because the monthly payments never left your bank.

Candaman
25-03-04, 19:35
I payed more than 50 dollars to play a game, a game in wich i enjoyed beta time much better than retail why was that?
Players quantity after some months of retail went to near 0.

Now after months of paying a game who almost nobody plays, just to support it, they want me to go trough shipment + customs again?

I may be idiot for supporting a game without really enjoying it just becouse the good times i had in the past, but not stupid pay more just to see if it really changes, who ensures me the ppl quota will go up in doy? i dont know

Then quit

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 19:37
Then quit
All im asking is a download version to avoid more charges [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Candaman
25-03-04, 19:41
dude u could busk on the street for a hour and earn more than $10 unless ur as bad a singer as cy. go do a old lady a favour crossing the road earn urself postage and stopwhine

.Cyl0n
25-03-04, 19:44
dude u could busk on the street for a hour and earn more than $10 unless ur as bad a singer as cy. go do a old lady a favour crossing the road earn urself postage and stopwhine

lol

FU i never sang for you :(

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 19:44

Actually im paying 3 mmo so money is no a problem to me, but in this case i fell like fucked up by neo distributors, so i wont like to be fucked up again, thats all

garyu69
25-03-04, 19:45
How much joy you can find in a MMO with 90 PPL per sever. I love this game, the only problem it got for me is the PPL ammount.
I never asked for more features all i wanted was mas ppl.

But if you are a dork that want to give your cash away thats fine for me, i wont pay shipment + customs charges just becouse the new distributor want cash, there must be another option than this. I think the fact that you have been here so long shows that you have at least got the enjoyment that was needed to keep you here.

Birdman[H.E.]
25-03-04, 20:25
I think the fact that you have been here so long shows that you have at least got the enjoyment that was needed to keep you here.
Yes sadly iy was mostly in beta

But anyway im just complaining why dont we have a download version to upgrade?
In the past we lost hundreds of ppl for not having a download version, now we will losse a third of the actual players becouse of that.. i dont think thats the idea of making this game better.

Spoon
25-03-04, 20:29
ignore spoon, he = retard

(is sigma btw, my PC is going through a perma BSOD fit)

BDoY is EXTREMELY cheap for a game+xpack thats what irks me, if you beleive this "whole new game" stuff then well, thats your problem (seriously naivity is bad) a new game elegidly as good as neocron (or any MMO really) should ever be that cheap, the fact that it is leads me to beleive its just another "fluffed" version of what we have with new maps and mobs and maybe some weapons (and hacknet, personally i dont have enough faith in KK to make it worth crap but ill leave my pessimism out of that area).

So in essence what I _think_ is pissing some players off (myself included) is the fact that we payed 40$ (x2 for some) to buy what could only be described as a BETA, and are now being forced to pay 25$ more for what will likly be little more than glorified patch( for a BETA), while any new guy comes along and gets the same thing we have, for what 35$, on top of that hasnt had to pay monthly fees for the long stretches that this game was completely CRAP ( yes its crap, the only thing thats kept me here is the now nearly completely dissolved community, so my account will not be renewed and i wont be playing BdoY either, partly because of NC and partly because I'm sick of KK's business practice).

Honestly, for all we know about KK's "consistancy" BDoY could be a great new game, or it could be just as I described it, those of you who have the money/patience to try it out hf and gl. Now I'm off b4 spoon gets home and throws a little fit for me usin his PC.

Candaman
25-03-04, 20:32
ignore spoon, he = retard

(is sigma btw, my PC is going through a perma BSOD fit)

BDoY is EXTREMELY cheap for a game+xpack thats what irks me, if you beleive this "whole new game" stuff then well, thats your problem (seriously naivity is bad) a new game elegidly as good as neocron (or any MMO really) should ever be that cheap, the fact that it is leads me to beleive its just another "fluffed" version of what we have with new maps and mobs and maybe some weapons (and hacknet, personally i dont have enough faith in KK to make it worth crap but ill leave my pessimism out of that area).

So in essence what I _think_ is pissing some players off (myself included) is the fact that we payed 40$ (x2 for some) to buy what could only be described as a BETA, and are now being forced to pay 25$ more for what will likly be little more than glorified patch( for a BETA), while any new guy comes along and gets the same thing we have, for what 35$, on top of that hasnt had to pay monthly fees for the long stretches that this game was completely CRAP ( yes its crap, the only thing thats kept me here is the now nearly completely dissolved community, so my account will not be renewed and i wont be playing BdoY either, partly because of NC and partly because I'm sick of KK's business practice).

Honestly, for all we know about KK's "consistancy" BDoY could be a great new game, or it could be just as I described it, those of you who have the money/patience to try it out hf and gl. Now I'm off b4 spoon gets home and throws a little fit for me usin his PC.

Sig this is the same with every game that has ever come out games will always be updated and people that come later wil always "save money" or something better than someone thats stuck with it from the beginning if u came into the game expecting it to be any different then that was naive of u

Jest
25-03-04, 20:35
As long as my payment for DBoY is used for marketing and not for a new Rolex for MJS then I will be more than happy to pay. :p ;)

MegaCorp
25-03-04, 21:46
Well lets see ... if i remember correctly, KK recently sold a majority share of itself to get the cash they needed to stay in business. Those new guys naturally want to start receiving payback for their investment ... hence BDoY has a price tag attached, even to current subscribers. Simple. So at this point "fair" or "not fair" might be an interesting notion to debate, but is ultimately irrelevant. Without that deal, it probably would have been Lights Out for KK. Be happy there *is* a relaunch to play.

Spook

Aziraphale
25-03-04, 22:21
Everyone saying they want it for free isn't going to make it happen. The best we can hope for is a fair price, £20 seems about right to me. Maybe £15 if they're generous.
Noone could complain about a price like that, that's only a weeks wages for me, and I'm a paper boy.

Kugero
25-03-04, 23:09
voted No. Here's some math of my own:

Neocron:
1) Let's say I play on average 10 hrs per week
2) I've been playing for roughly 75 weeks (call it 18 months)
3) I have 1 account at $9.95 per month plus the $39.00 I paid for the original box (not even counting the free couple of weeks I got at beginning or the free time I'll get for pre-order)
4) Total Cash I've spent on NC over last 18 months: 18x9.95 = $180 + $39.00 + $40 (fuck it I'll even throw BDoY cost in before I even start playing it) = $259
5) Total number of hours played: 75x10 = 750 hours
6) Price per hour: $259/750hr = $.35/hr

Any other PC game:
I get bored easily with most PC games. The closest competitor for me would be NWN
1) It took me about 60 hours to complete NWN and the 2 expansions
2) $49.00 for original NWN, $29.00 for 1st expansion, $29.00 for HoTU
3) Total cash I've spent on NWN: $49.00 + $29.00 + $29.00 = $107
4) Price per hour: $107/60hr = $1.78/hr

Ok so for me I paid $1.78 per hour to play a game (NWN) that now sits on my shelf. I'm currently playing NC almost every single day for at least 1-2 hours (usually more). I figure with DBOY I'll probably continue to play for another 18 months (assuming the game is supported that long). My price per hour will only continue to drop. No brainer cause I can deal with the bugs and take NC for what it is: A great game that KK continues to improve and I still get daily enjoyment out of.

So my point is, do the math. If you can't afford to play then don't. When did KK ever twist anybody's arm forcing them to continue playing/paying for a game that for some, it seems, are getting absolutely NO enjoyment out of???? Just doesn't make financial sense o_O

Archeus
25-03-04, 23:18
for germans players should be easy to send the boucher, but for the rest in the world, come on..

Yes because the rest of the world is totally backwards and doesn't have a postal system.... whoops thats only Ireland (http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=98651498&p=9865zzx4).

Seriously though, how fricken hard is it to post a voucher?

Serpine
25-03-04, 23:50
I say it shouldn't be free:

1) Assuming they even add a fraction of the planned features it is a bit more then they were origionally describing the free DoY as (only a city addition).

2) Other online games charge for the expansions, and they mostly charge more per month.

3) They have to generate money to hand over to the new publisher and make them happy. A happy publisher should equal more advertising, which will hopefully add the player count that is sorely lacking from this game.

Dade Murphey
26-03-04, 00:42
Gah...I can't believe I read all of this...Birdman...if you have such a problem with the price...then don't buy the damn xpansion (works for everyone that has price issues too)...we have within 3 months to save up the money if need be to buy this thing...if you can't save up the money to get DoY in that amount of time you might need to re-evaluate your money situation and stop playing online games...$36US is a pretty fair price for a game that's doing everything DoY promises to...and this is coming from someone who has a shit parttime job that gets paid about $6/hr...so I'm rather tired of hearing you babies crying "ooo it's costing too much, wah wah wah" (<-- that's all I see)...so suck it up, save, and pay...or do without and get it when you can afford it...either way quit the bitching...do you realized how much it would be costing you to get up to par if you played EQ...you'd fucking well go in debt if this $36 (or apparently for birdman $56) is too much for you

So as you may have guessed...I voted NO!

naimex
26-03-04, 00:58
Originally posted by Kugero
voted No. Here's some math of my own:

Neocron:
1) Let's say I play on average 10 hrs per week
2) I've been playing for roughly 75 weeks (call it 18 months)
3) I have 1 account at $9.95 per month plus the $39.00 I paid for the original box (not even counting the free couple of weeks I got at beginning or the free time I'll get for pre-order)
4) Total Cash I've spent on NC over last 18 months: 18x9.95 = $180 + $39.00 + $40 (fuck it I'll even throw BDoY cost in before I even start playing it) = $259
5) Total number of hours played: 75x10 = 750 hours
6) Price per hour: $259/750hr = $.35/hr

Any other PC game:
I get bored easily with most PC games. The closest competitor for me would be NWN
1) It took me about 60 hours to complete NWN and the 2 expansions
2) $49.00 for original NWN, $29.00 for 1st expansion, $29.00 for HoTU
3) Total cash I've spent on NWN: $49.00 + $29.00 + $29.00 = $107
4) Price per hour: $107/60hr = $1.78/hr

Ok so for me I paid $1.78 per hour to play a game (NWN) that now sits on my shelf. I'm currently playing NC almost every single day for at least 1-2 hours (usually more). I figure with DBOY I'll probably continue to play for another 18 months (assuming the game is supported that long). My price per hour will only continue to drop. No brainer cause I can deal with the bugs and take NC for what it is: A great game that KK continues to improve and I still get daily enjoyment out of.

So my point is, do the math. If you can't afford to play then don't. When did KK ever twist anybody's arm forcing them to continue playing/paying for a game that for some, it seems, are getting absolutely NO enjoyment out of???? Just doesn't make financial sense o_O

Almost made me cry..

So much truth in there..

We must all stand true..

You don´t like the game ? What are you doing here ? Just being a b**** trying to ruin the fun for the rest of us ? trying to get this for free uhh and that for free.. and that thing over there for free until theres nothing left... guess what !! at that time, you´d have ruined everything for everyone else.. if they need money to keep this game going. I´ll gladly pay for the expansion. If they need money to make the game better, I´d gladly pay a bit more every month... [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Psycho Killa
26-03-04, 00:59
I think for sticking with this game for over a year and a half without half the features working and game stopping bugs we deserve it free but hey what can ya do.

John_Ravenhawk
26-03-04, 01:00
well said Dade.. Well said..

Nidhogg
26-03-04, 01:10
Any further discussion regarding the price of the upgrade is to take place on the sticky (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95110). Thanks.

N