PDA

View Full Version : Swamp Squid/Strangler Tentacles bugged?

Heavyporker
25-03-04, 08:59
You guys ever go out to the deep swamplands and noticed a couple tentacles pop up and start trying to smack you around, and there's no swamp squid in sight for the nearest kilometer around?

And have you guys noticed that the tentacles can't hide worth a fuck? Even when they supposedly pop down underground, you can still target them, and moreover, HURT them, underground?

Also, are the tentacles really supposed to be that WEAK?! 7/7 side mobs coming from a 40/40? Even considering there's usually about a 20/20 to 30/30 level difference from most spawners
( 90/90 giant black scorpions spawn 50/50 black scorpions, 110/110 grim persecutors spawn 66/66 maulers, 90/90 Chaos Lieutenants spawn 70/70 Chaos Creepers) that still leaves about 3/3 (small, but fairly signficant considering the precedent).

KK, could you fix tentacle spawning, target box (for when underground), and mob level (up it to about 15/15 for the lowest level tentacle, maybe 25/25 for the acantaous tentacle or something)?

~Drav~
25-03-04, 09:33
I think their targettable for a reason while underground.

Ever see those screenies of a giant hazard worm ? They used to go and hide underground totally, then well.... bug in the AI or whatever, they never used to come back up :lol:

Ixholla
25-03-04, 17:06
Shit I think it's one of the more interesting mobs in the game I'd like to see it at 90/90 with the Tenticals somwhere around copbot strenth it would pwn!

The first time I saw one I was like HOLY CRAP!!! and runnin my but off lol until I figured they were harmless that just took all the fun out of it.

lx

Marx
25-03-04, 17:08
Without anime schoolgirl characters, the tentacles are a wasted effort.

manderf
25-03-04, 17:11
Originally posted by Marx

Agreed, sir.

Candaman
25-03-04, 17:13
they can be /25 when 96 million of them don't spawn around u that squid reproduces faster than a queen alien!

Psyco Groupie
25-03-04, 17:13
rofl

you find tenticles on their own alot ... always have done

Jest
25-03-04, 17:14
Without anime schoolgirl characters, the tentacles are a wasted effort. http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/hentai.htm :eek:

Yah HP there are tentacles every where without the main creature, especially in the swamp areas close to MB.

NS_CHROME54
25-03-04, 19:36
Originally posted by Jest
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/hentai.htm

O_o

*smack*

Clive tombstone
25-03-04, 20:47
Ive said this ALLOT befor, even making the suggestion of a "Kraken" boss mob squid. it would hella tight man. Come on KK, you make laurent hover mobs, How hard is it to make a rare squid?

sanityislost
25-03-04, 20:57
SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI!!!!

Bragvledt
26-03-04, 04:09

So, you wearing glasses too?

Mental note to self : watch Legend Of The Overfiend again.

Organics
26-03-04, 04:58
Originally posted by Jest
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/hentai.htm :eek:

That is....... worrying. o_O

And really quite fucked up :wtf:

*smack*

O_o