PDA

View Full Version : KK's going to have to pay for my optometry bill...

Lanigav
25-03-04, 05:20
...because the ability of people with laser pointers to you blind you and hurt your eyes is insane.

Any chance you could make it so laser pointers directed at people won't permanently damage their corneas?

Kenjuten
25-03-04, 05:23
Uh....what? O_o

Sorry, I don't mean any offense, but what exactly ARE you referring to?

Cuz at this point I dunno if I should assume you're talking about the (rather harmless) in-game laser pointer add-on to the guns in NC...

Lanigav
25-03-04, 05:26
Yup, I'm talking about the not-so-harmless laser pointers. They have an uncanny ability of going dead center on your screen and turning it into a bright red, headache inducing, eye damaging blob.

petek480
25-03-04, 05:28
umm the laser pointer turing your screen red can't damage your eyes.

bounty
25-03-04, 05:38
I hope this was spam/a joke cause um yeah, what pete said.

Lanigav
25-03-04, 05:49
Well, my eyes don't lie to me, and the glare and brightness the laser pointer makes when directed at me isn't particularly comfortable.

Kenjuten
25-03-04, 05:56
They're not as harmful as the real laser pointers, however 'extreme lighting' as it should be called here has the tendency to agitate the eyes as well as the internal state of humans...such as seizures.

On the other hand....this is almost the same thing as people suing McDonalds because they got fat. =\

Jest
25-03-04, 06:00
Hehe yah I know I hate it too.... which is why I like doing it to people myself. :angel:

Lanigav
25-03-04, 06:04
Originally posted by Kenjuten
They're not as harmful as the real laser pointers, however 'extreme lighting' as it should be called here has the tendency to agitate the eyes as well as the internal state of humans...such as seizures.

On the other hand....this is almost the same thing as people suing McDonalds because they got fat. =\

Not really. I'm not playing Neocron and going "Man, I could really go for a laser pointer in my eye" and then complaining. :p

Kenjuten
25-03-04, 06:07
And this is why I said almost. :p

Hm...but I think KK got themselves covered, since like all videogames have elliptic seizure warnings and the like O_o

Katherine
25-03-04, 06:11
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

StrongSad
25-03-04, 06:21
What hurts me eyes way more is the flash from a fusion cannon round going off. My whole screen turns SOLID white in like 1/4 of a second blinding me. Ooooooo the pain. But it cant dmg my eyes and if I dont like it...just turn away. If you dont like some punking putting lazers in your delicate eyes....cap his ass, problem solved. :)

Katherine
25-03-04, 06:35
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Cytaur
25-03-04, 07:14
I want to be able to shoot lasers out of my eyes !

Carinth
25-03-04, 21:26
Lanigav, try checking your brightness/gamma options. You probably have them too high. I turn them up for ingame night, but if I don't turn them back down after daytime comes or I'm inside a brightly lit area, then my eyes start botherin me. I've never had any problem with laser lights, but it would seem to me that it has to do with your settings.

Psyco Groupie
25-03-04, 21:29
it'd damage your retina not your cornea, if it were a real laser .. BUT its not :lol:

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 21:41
Er.

in the good words of Bryan Potter.

HAVE U EVER KISSED A GIRL???

Psyco Groupie
25-03-04, 21:47
whos this amazing guy who cant spell his own name ?

Kal
25-03-04, 21:49
you've just been playing neocron too long :p