PDA

View Full Version : North Americans Aug 3rd

Odin
24-03-04, 23:39
Ok I'm doing this post just to see if there is enough interest in doing such.

Aug 3rd - 5th some of the GM's, Mod's and FC's will be in Hamilton, Ontario Canada for a get together. I'm curious as to whether anyone wants to come join us for dinner/drinking at a restaurant on the 3rd or join us for some roller coaster mayhem on August 4th at Canada's Wonderland.

Please note that dates nor the place can be changed up as they are set in stone. Also note that you will need a passport to cross into Canada.

joran420
24-03-04, 23:48
actually as an american citizen all you need if your driving accross is your Drivers License(they wont let you in if youve EVER had a DUI though) and if you fly in you need either a Passport, or a Drivers license along with an original birth certificate with the raised seal.... oh yeah btw im a travel agent so if anyone needs ticket prices let me know and ill take a look for ya

Odin
24-03-04, 23:59
I'd go with a passport just in case. I know a couple people who got held up at the border because they didn't have passports with them. Better safe then sorry.

L0KI
25-03-04, 00:01
interesting O_o

Im in Canada on holiday from the 1st August
Maybe ill see ya there.

Excuse the British accent tho ;)

2ply
25-03-04, 00:17
Bah. I'd go, but I'll be in flordia on a vacation with friends.. :|

joran420
25-03-04, 00:26
Originally posted by Odin
I'd go with a passport just in case. I know a couple people who got held up at the border because they didn't have passports with them. Better safe then sorry.

yeah you need either A passport

OR

A drivers license and a copy of your birth certificate with the raised seal

that only applies to US citizens

and im 110% sure about the above info...you have plent y of time to get passports though so you may as well...they can come in handy traveling to other parts of the world as well

I would go...i just cant afford it

Archeus
25-03-04, 11:25
Originally posted by joran420
if you fly in you need either a Passport, or a Drivers license along with an original birth certificate with the raised seal....

Beats having to give your DNA, picture, fingerprints, what you had for brekfast and where you plan to dump the remains and your shoes. ;)

SpawnTDK
25-03-04, 11:48
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Cytaur
25-03-04, 12:33
why in the city of steel ? Lets do it in saskatchewan :D

Vila
25-03-04, 12:55
GMs, Mods and FC time to revenge :P

vTlo
25-03-04, 13:32
Hamilton you say, thats only about a 10 hour drive lol.

metalangel
25-03-04, 13:41
Why HAMILTON? Bleurrgggh! I'd love to come... but I don't live in Toronto any more. :(

SpawnTDK
25-03-04, 13:58
jea, shock the kk nibs with the power of goth ^^
im not able to get there, so some other must do it :D

rabidfurball
25-03-04, 17:01
Stop in Boston ^^

Trillian
25-03-04, 18:35
yay! Finally, a North American get togeather!

garyu69
25-03-04, 18:56
Have one in California, i'm going to go there from the UK :D

.Cyl0n
25-03-04, 18:59
is winston cross or mercuri going to be there?

just curious :)

/€ <3 trill
sex

NS_CHROME54
25-03-04, 19:27
hmm maybe if i've made enough moolah after working in Whitehorse for a while...

bleh. sux that vancouver is so damn expensive to live in. i'll be workin for 2 years just to afford to go to BCIT.

hivemind
25-03-04, 19:42
Odin: I'm considering it. I live down near Syracuse, so only about four-five hours for me.

Jest
25-03-04, 19:46
Im considering it. Id rather go to a dedicated North American gathering though. Not just go hang out with GMs and Mods for a day. Ugh actually, nevermind, the days it is are Tuesday-Thursday, Id practically have to take an entire week off of work. :(

hivemind
25-03-04, 19:48
YAY I R IRRESPONSIBLE STUDENT NOW YAY!!!! \o/

:D :D :D

Myrlin
25-03-04, 20:18
I've gotta check with the wife, but I think we'll be there.

Carinth
25-03-04, 21:38
Too far for me, oh well. Have fun : )

J. Folsom
25-03-04, 21:43
Will Nid be handing out signed banhammers?

*Ducks*

I didn't mean face first!

*runs from Nid*

Odin
25-03-04, 22:36
Well I'll be trying to get some freebie stuff for the events (free gear), have to see how that goes.

Why is it in Hamilton? That's because as the only North American Reakktor employee this is where I live :p It originally started as just a couple GM's hanging up here this summer and it's grown since then. Not to mention I already have $$$ wrapped into it.

Some of those that will be there include: Myself, Carbonite, Plasmastorm, FC's Lucas Anderson and Alex Starr, possibly Gridrunner etc etc.

Cytaur
25-03-04, 23:27
any ideas why planes prices jacked up double in price ? One way fare from Saskatoon to Montreal was 159$ month ago, now its 350$ O_O

SovKhan
25-03-04, 23:34
Originally posted by Cytaur
any ideas why planes prices jacked up double in price ? One way fare from Saskatoon to Montreal was 159$ month ago, now its 350$ O_O

its all about when you buy the tickets and when your going. some weeks are more popular travel times than others. and at the popular travel times they ******** you on price.

G.0.D.
25-03-04, 23:45
awww all the way in ontario... hmmmmmm and 350 bucks a ticket aawwwww...

See I wouldent have this problem if I owned a mig

SpawnTDK
26-03-04, 00:16
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

orginal text was:

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - guess what comes next? ]

Chimera
26-03-04, 00:38
viva canada...if i got wheels i am so going! can i get back into america if i get a DUI in canada? =P

no i will behave...i swear...

Trillian
26-03-04, 01:27
go to cheaptickets.com. That's where Im buying my plane tickets.

Odin
26-03-04, 02:19
Yup and another good site is Expedia (U.S.) (http://www.expedia.com) and Expedia Canada (http://www.expedia.ca).

Also for the Canadians you can try Westjet as they tend to have good prices but they moved outta hamilton recently and into Toronto so I don't know how many flights are still going in there this summer.

Freaky Fryd
26-03-04, 09:48
Oh darn...only 2hrs away for me...
;)

I'm actually going to Hamilton this Sunday to see Steve O (from Jackass.) It will be a good way to "test out" the city and see if I want to come back in August...
:p

joran420
26-03-04, 09:49
www.statravel.com

Nightbrother
26-03-04, 09:51
Won't MJS join you guys? He could go there in his private jet. :D

I'll be in Asia at the time, so I can't come. :(

Bl@zed
30-03-04, 05:07
fuck yea!!
i'm so gonna be there, u kimjims will finally see whos been pwning ur ass since the beginning of retail...a 10 year old kid! :p jk. Yea so uhh...it'll be sexy, i'll be there for sure

ps: joran look up some prices for a flight from san diego to toronto kthx :p

-FN-
30-03-04, 06:24
Aug 3rd-5th... as in Tuesday thru Thursday o_O

Damn, if it weren't the middle of the work week I'da been there :(

Elroy Jetson
30-03-04, 08:02
Canadian beer is crap. but making it up there could be possible. We get details on venue? I can bring some kegs if need be.

Jest
30-03-04, 09:26
Originally posted by -FN-
Aug 3rd-5th... as in Tuesday thru Thursday o_O

Damn, if it weren't the middle of the work week I'da been there :( I know thats what I said. Haha. Id have to practically take the entire week off. :(

Just in case which airport should we look for tickets for again? (Not the Hamilton one). Trin told me but I forgot already. :p

Whitestuff
30-03-04, 09:38
I could probably make it. I'll have to see about school starting and the whatnot....

Trillian
30-03-04, 18:30
Person intl in Toranto Jest, the code is YYZ =p

Bl@zed
31-03-04, 01:26
Originally posted by Trillian
Person intl in Toranto Jest, the code is YYZ =p

yeah that confused me at first....what a FUCKED up abreviation for person intl, toronto :p

Dirus
31-03-04, 01:49
Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
Canadian beer is crap. but making it up there could be possible. We get details on venue? I can bring some kegs if need be.

You'd need Kegs of american beer to rival a case of Canadian Beer :P

as the one slogan used to say "If I wanted water, I'd ask for water" ;)

Chimera
31-03-04, 01:51
Guiness > every other beer on the planet....nuff said

Odin
31-03-04, 02:09
Ok if we do decide to go ahead and do it we will do a meet at Canada's Wonderland Aug 4th. Post something in about a months time and get people to email me so I can put you all in a big list to let you know where we will meet etc.

As for getting MJS there you'll have to try and convince him of that yourself :) I for one would sure love to get the man on Top Gun or something :)

Cor
31-03-04, 03:48
Love it, wish i could go but stuck down here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Now if you could come down here that would be nice. And when it happens Odin, I hope you push for a North American Server, I know gathing is just for fun up but a server would be nice to.;)

elr0nd
31-03-04, 04:10
well another maratimer.. yeah i wish i could go.. if i can ill be there for SURE... but if im not their in stuck in Saint John N.B. playing Neocron !!! 8)

greploco
31-03-04, 08:38
:)

very nifty, please keep posting more information, and get a sticky if you can help it

I'm in detroit, so this sounds do-able if the weekend is good

as for the border

yes, the whole 9/11 thing is still going. if you have it, bring it. if not, just do ur best to look harmless and definately call the guard sir - do that whole "respectful thing"

f8l3rr0r
10-05-04, 09:35
you should have one in PA or somewhere in north eastern us

Ghanima
10-05-04, 14:27
Well turth be told if it wasn't on a weekday I would be more inclined to travel out to Hamilton. Driving down the QEW on a week night during rush hour may cause a little PKing when I got there :angel:
I live on the eastern edge of Toronto just south of the 401 so its a bit of a hike for me, but August is a fair ways out maybe things will change.
Its pretty cool to see how many people play neocron and live in the Toronto area.

slaughteruall
10-05-04, 16:36
UMM 10 hour drive. It's doable by all means. I will think about it you just never know. And the whole weekday thing dont bother me. And as far as ID's go if your active duty military that is all you need from what i hear. I just might have to get a passport or a certified copy of my birth certificate just to be on the safe side of things.

Slaughter
Quick note what is the age group that is looking into going? I'm 25.

Odin
10-05-04, 21:14
I'll post something in the next few weeks once I can find out or not if I can get some freebie stuff to give away. We would be doing the day at http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/ on Tuesday August 3rd (yes the date was changed by one day as we have been flopping back and forth to which actual day to do it on). Ticket prices are now posted on their site for this year. For the most part it will just be a day of roller coasters but I will keep working out the gear and prizes angle.

Divide
10-05-04, 21:15
Im planning on being there. Its possible to carpool it up and pick others up along the way. but-- until the time comes, I dont know if Ill have the money or the free time on my hands to attend

Opar
10-05-04, 21:21
mmm... a rezzed thread....

Oh well. Good luck to ye' not-yanks-but-close-to'ers!

darknessfairy
10-05-04, 21:32
I don't think you should get any free stuff...Danae didn't get any free stuff for us...when we hd SUKING..i want free stuff if you get free stuff...

ModeSix
28-05-04, 06:52
sweet... where do I get more info? and who's going?

Odin
28-05-04, 07:24
sweet... where do I get more info? and who's going?
There is a meeting between 10tacel and Big Ben within the next couple weeks. I should hopefully know more then.

ModeSix
28-05-04, 16:49
There is a meeting between 10tacel and Big Ben within the next couple weeks. I should hopefully know more then.

Great, I'll keep looking for info.