PDA

View Full Version : Should DOY bots drop tech parts?

Lanigav
24-03-04, 22:26
I think it would be awesome if they could. It would make hunting them actually worthwhile, and give everyone a spiffy new option for tech part hunting.

Psyco Groupie
24-03-04, 22:30
Same droprate as wbs, they arent any harder to kill.

Invertigo
24-03-04, 22:30
i thought they did....

never hunted them before though so i guess i was wrong:wtf:

sw1tch
24-03-04, 22:48
the 50k per loot is probably enough, maybe give them a slight chance of dropping parts so you get a handfull of parts after an evening hunting,

its the second quickest combat option to make money i would guess, and the first is only tech parts when you sell them, which is something i would never do, but i could easily get 100-300k per unressed tech when i was a newbie short of cash. (saturn's fubared economy :p)

They are much harder than Warbots too, so upping their loot value wouldn't be too much of a change.
They patrol their grounds, they do decent damage, dont randomly run away from hills, or have problems with terrain like warbots do, higher tl and more health points.

The only problem about them is selling their loot, 20 kills = 1 mill.
Now selling the parts one by one is a hell of a lot of constant clicking. you have to go through 2 menues for each part, i had to stop selling a bit collection once because my fingers were hurting lots from all this clicking :(
Tried emailing helpdesk to pass a suggestion on to make them talk to you about the doy products first then bring up a yo's style selling screen for the parts, like the hoocker bartenders do at oz jail, but i havent got a response, maybe i should train a monkey to sell them for me before i get RSI.

Capt. Rik
24-03-04, 23:38
What loot do they drop now??

I see dollar signs flashing before my eyes

Edit: also what type of damage do they do?

Kal
24-03-04, 23:42
no, they drop sweet loot atm

its good to have an alternative type of loot to hunt for

RuriHoshino
24-03-04, 23:43
They do force and mad xray damage...ie get a spy or antirad pa.

They drop special parts that a NPC at Tangent will buy for 4-8k each depending on which part.

http://www.catgirlsparadise.com/smilies/wink.gif

sw1tch
24-03-04, 23:48
Originally posted by Capt. Rik
What loot do they drop now??

I see dollar signs flashing before my eyes

Edit: also what type of damage do they do?

they drop special versions of the warbot junk, non cloneable and with different names like mercury processor and -mASTEr- OS ect,
you collec them and sell them to a guy in TT HQ, second floor and the guy on the right by the big citycoms

they do pure xray damage i believe, although they still pack a punch on spies with xray from PA and gama bones.

I would hunt them with a PPU to start off with till you get the hang of their behavours, or find the many decent houses to hang out in.

I started out a while ago at escador oasis, smaller spawn rate but if you know the spawn spots by the time you kill one you know where to look for the next, and the houses are great cover just beware of the bouncy health you get a lot from them.

I believe they don't attack DoY friendly factions on sight, but i dont know if the bots are green to these factions (would lose SL from killing) or not so maybe someone can shed some light on that.

once you have mastered them they are fairly easy on mid-low level chars for gaining some easy cash, hunting them on my /30 APU isnt too slow just have to beware of lag spikes or i die easy :)

Parappa
25-03-04, 00:07
You don't lose SL for killing them even if you're pro-DoY. At least you didn't last time I tried.

Dribble Joy
25-03-04, 00:15
CM are also green to the DoY bots.

Heavyporker
25-03-04, 05:43
I strongly disagree about adding techparts to the DoYbot drop (50k a drop?! what are you on? Its more like 25k a drop)

- The parts are more than good enough compensation, and it is backed by a proper storyline.

- Those are currently in-production faction guards, no sane faction would just stuff their assembly-line machines with valuable superior weapons -they're just gonna put in decent stuff and put out lots of it - the point of assembly lines!

- no other faction guard drops ANY loot, much less GOOD loot that ACTUALLY sells.

Marx
25-03-04, 05:47
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I strongly disagree about adding techparts to the DoYbot drop (50k a drop?! what are you on? Its more like 25k a drop)

And thats if you're lucky

I personally am happy with what it drops, and would still be happy if they up and decided to drop nothing - because as Heavy stated: 1.) They're faction guards. 2.) They're there to enhance storyline development.

StrongSad
25-03-04, 06:26
If they dropped nothing there would be no point to travel up there...besides maybe to see the desert.

Dont say for XP either. There are plenty of other places to go that a much better.

extract
25-03-04, 06:29
50k per bot ROFL!!!!!!

that would mean each bot drops like 10 of each chip....

its more like 5-7k per bot, and honestly there are easier ways to get money, like killing one warbot and getting one rare which on average even the shittiest ones will sell for more than 5-7k

not to mention the cash out on that junk is probably the most annoying thing in game.....

SorkZmok
25-03-04, 06:37
NO!

They already give loot you can sell for a shitload of money.
Shouldnt that be enough?

"ONOZ I want a mob to give me insaen money, lotsa tech parts and please some rare implants!!11 ALL AT ONCE!1eleven"

No way. o_O

/edit

Originally posted by extract
its more like 5-7k per bot, and honestly there are easier ways to get money, like killing one warbot and getting one rare which on average even the shittiest ones will sell for more than 5-7k FFS did you even kill one of those bots? 5-7k? You shouldnt throw the loot away, my friend. ONE part sells for at least 2k. And the average doy bot got at least 3 parts in it. AT LEAST.

If youre not playing on jupiter, where the new money is rareparts, there is no way in hell you can make more money than from killing those bots.

Dookie
25-03-04, 07:34
what about jupiter?

awkward silence
25-03-04, 08:19
i think they should drop more than wbs since their harder to kill or... wb drop rate should be lowered if this idea comes out.

Also Ys need a big boost in loot since no one hunts em

SorkZmok
25-03-04, 08:32
Originally posted by Dookie
what about jupiter?
Jupiter economy is fucked. You cant buy shit for money. The actual money is unressed rareparts. They'll pay up to 300k for ONE rarepart. o_O

sw1tch
25-03-04, 11:36
Originally posted by Heavyporker

although some drops can be 25k, they are usually in the region of 35-55k

Originally posted by extract
50k per bot ROFL!!!!!!

have you actually hunted them before??

Ok, I've gone out and killed a random DoY bot, this is the first one;
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/sw1tch-doyloot.JPG

now that is 56k of loot assuming i got the prices right

1 x 2000
4 x 4000
3 x 6000
2 x 8000
=56k

if you dont believe me try it yourself, take an average whatever, its close enough to 50k on average, maybe more like 45k.

StrongSad
26-03-04, 02:47
Someone has some explaining to do... lol

:eek:

|R@zor|
26-03-04, 02:57
Originally posted by sw1tch

1 x 2000
4 x 4000
3 x 6000
2 x 8000
=56k

if you dont believe me try it yourself, take an average whatever, its close enough to 50k on average, maybe more like 45k.

I now know how i'll be spending the weekend, i could do with more cash

hose187
26-03-04, 05:33
I would like at least some chance of parts off of them, since money is basically useless. If you still want to hunt them for cash, you can just sell the parts they drop to players instead of junk to the TT fellow.

Edit: And the Y's need a major loot overhaul.

SPIKE (pluto)
26-03-04, 17:11
How about if the doy bots dropped doy gun parts, working like rares, u have to collect the whole set to construct the gun, make use of the doy rifle that was available for the anti-city epic.

Strych9
26-03-04, 17:23
Go look in the thread posted by biznatchy about the DOY bots... scroll down and someone posted a pic that shows well over 50 DOY bots on the screen at once.

Do we REALLY want a mob that right now spawns with that frequency AND doesnt even attack every runner in the game dropping any sort of rare parts?

Lanigav
26-03-04, 19:39
Yes. :D

Darth Slayer
27-03-04, 00:32
I voted no reason being theres so bloody many of them.
Also if your a DOY friendly faction u can pick them off with relative ease as there mates sit around and watch u fry there buddies.

Filth
27-03-04, 01:23
thay deffantly shouldent there eazer to kill then Warbots because there dumb theres more of them and well yah there dumb and eazy to kill i klled about 80 doys the other day there rank 90 the drop rate on them if tha droped rares woudl be higher then a warbot titen because there onyl rank 85 now think of killing about 200 doys in one day because thats very possable ,

this woudl also unbalance anti city faction/ city factions atm people in TG can kill fire mobs for rares what the fuck chance woudl city factions have if thay coul kill doys with out risk of dieing if one spanwed behind them be like,

Sorry but this is a off the wall idea and im not saying it cuz im attacked by doys cuz im a merc and thay leave me alown but its still a stupid idea.

Superbron
27-03-04, 01:25
yep, maybe some new rareparts

Filth
27-03-04, 01:25

1 x 2000
4 x 4000
3 x 6000
2 x 8000
=56k

yah its more like 45k a bot but the prices are right yah Sw1tch mate

Spoon
27-03-04, 03:11
although some drops can be 25k, they are usually in the region of 35-55k......

.....now that is 56k of loot assuming i got the prices right

1 x 2000
4 x 4000
3 x 6000
2 x 8000
=56k

Judging by the amount of credits your character has on him, you may want to stick around there and hunt a few more bots......:p

And I don't think they should drop TP's, btw...

Strych9s' comment convinced me of that....

*A little off topic*
Say I went out and hunted them on one of Anti-City characters, if I aggro'ed one, would others link and all of them go aggro on me?

Xtro
27-03-04, 05:20
My old clan had 32 million stolen from clan account, so we went DOY hunting with the whole clan (City merc) and over 2 days we had put nerly 15 million back in clan funds.Tell me of an easier way that is as much FUN !

REMUS
27-03-04, 13:42
no because for story line purposes too the doy bots are a new machine, the warbots are much older instruments of war that were defeated by the introduction of the gentank. Am I wrong?