PDA

View Full Version : Not to be rude, but can I get BDOY for free?

Kobra007
24-03-04, 22:07
I mean, I bought 2 copies of the game when it launched, I paid many many months of subscriptions on 2 copies.

During that time, I endured endless bugs, massive crashings, lost items, inventory, and bank contents. Crashing half the time I zone, lockups during some PvP files, and basically a plethora of bugs.

Worse, I endured all of this, paid all of these fees, hoping the problems would get fixed, and instead, was treated to a series of endless nerfs, one after another, rather than the actual bugs being fixed.

So my question is, can I get BDOY for free because of all this? Clearly i've invested hundreds of dollars into this product to have little satisfaction out of it in the end. Should I be required to invest still more, over my monthly fees? I don't think so.

Bottom line, I won't be back to Neocron ever again if I am forced to pay for this expansion, which likely won't fix all the bugs and issues anyway. Shouldn't we be focusing on 100% stability, and then the expansion after that? So at least people don't feel like their are being ripped off?

Aziraphale
24-03-04, 22:09
No, the whole point of releasing an expansion is to sell it and make money.
You paid for what you got. You pay more for what you're going to get.

Whitestuff
24-03-04, 22:11
Originally posted by Aziraphale

Yeah. You paid for NC all those months voluntarily. Quit and stop paying if you don't like the service ur getting. All of us crash, all of us have bugs, it just comes down to how much you like the game.

Aziraphale
24-03-04, 22:16
And FYI. you donty have to buy BDoY to continue playing NC remember. You just wont get all the features.

Lexxuk
24-03-04, 22:18

The *original* players, bought Neocron, with the promise of a free expansion pack, therefore, technically, we already paid for the expansion by purchasing the original at release, then they changed it from a free download, to a version you have to pay for. Your argument is very flawed.

@ WhiteKrAkRBOi - he already quit :lol:

Vid Gamer
24-03-04, 22:21
Originally posted by Kobra007
I mean, I bought 2 copies of the game when it launched, I paid many many months of subscriptions on 2 copies.

During that time, I endured endless bugs, massive crashings, lost items, inventory, and bank contents. Crashing half the time I zone, lockups during some PvP files, and basically a plethora of bugs.

Worse, I endured all of this, paid all of these fees, hoping the problems would get fixed, and instead, was treated to a series of endless nerfs, one after another, rather than the actual bugs being fixed.

So my question is, can I get BDOY for free because of all this? Clearly i've invested hundreds of dollars into this product to have little satisfaction out of it in the end. Should I be required to invest still more, over my monthly fees? I don't think so.

Bottom line, I won't be back to Neocron ever again if I am forced to pay for this expansion, which likely won't fix all the bugs and issues anyway. Shouldn't we be focusing on 100% stability, and then the expansion after that? So at least people don't feel like their are being ripped off?

What makes you so special from everyone else? I know people who play 5 accounts and pay for them all and they are not complaining about paying for the expansion.

Troll.

Clownst0pper
24-03-04, 22:27
Ive bought a MC donalds before, and it wasnt very nice, let me have a MC chicken sandwich for free.

Sure. :p

Sheba
24-03-04, 22:29
And FYI. you donty have to buy BDoY to continue playing NC remember. You just wont get all the features.

I think at some later point people will be required to upgrade..
should prove interesting in the meantime to see how NC run's for people that choose not to upgrade right away!

t0tt3
Tell me ONE!!! one! one.. game in MMO that doesnt crash dosent have a singel bug and so on... well a big server is hard to maintain so deal with it or go to a new game...

Invertigo
go post some more DO NOT BUY THIS GAME on that mmorpg sites forum...

everyone here has went through just as much shit as you... if not more.

plus youve been gone for how many months? while others stayed and paid that whole time... give it a break, dont buy the game if you dont want to play.

Lexxuk
24-03-04, 22:31
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Ive bought a MC donalds before, and it wasnt very nice, let me have a MC chicken sandwich for free.

Sure. :p

I worked at McDonalds before, its the reason I'd NEVER eat there.

One of the managers, used a cloth to wipe mustard off a bun, cause the customer didnt want mustard on his bun. Another would pick up dropped buns off the floor, n wipe em off to serve, and the milkshake... u dont wanna know whats fallen into the milk mix bowl ;)

Aziraphale
24-03-04, 22:31
Originally posted by Lexxuk
The *original* players, bought Neocron, with the promise of a free expansion pack, therefore, technically, we already paid for the expansion by purchasing the original at release, then they changed it from a free download, to a version you have to pay for. Your argument is very flawed.

Not really, since then 1001 things have been added to the original DoY plan, making it much more than a simple download. Theyve put a helluva lot of time and effort into it, why would they just give it away?
And its not like its going to cost the earth anyway.

Clownst0pper
24-03-04, 22:32
Burger King > MC DONALDS :angel:

Shujin
24-03-04, 22:32
wow... he's quite the whiney little bitch.

Lexxuk
24-03-04, 22:38
Not really, since then 1001 things have been added to the original DoY plan, making it much more than a simple download. Theyve put a helluva lot of time and effort into it, why would they just give it away?
And its not like its going to cost the earth anyway.

Depends really, a *lot* of people left NC, just to wait for DOY, now they find out, they are not entitled to the special upgrade offer, NOR, is it just a free download, which means KK have missed out on a fair few people who wont purchase DOY. Your also forgetting, a lot of the stuff coming with DOY, for instance, Hack Net, was supposed to be part of the original Neocron game.

KFC > BK > McDonalds :P

ServeX
24-03-04, 22:40

Difference is, on the box it said that it would include a free expansion. Free is the keyword. It turns out over a year after the free expansion was initially planned to come out, that it will not end up being free. Additionally, rather than the game improving throughout that time period it has degraded a lot. FREs plague the game worse than ever.

Don't get me wrong, Neocron's a great game, but these issues need to be taken care of if KK wants to keep it's customers and moreover gain new ones.

Shujin
24-03-04, 22:42
Originally posted by Lexxuk
KFC > BK > McDonalds :P

ummm no
BK > Mcdonalds > kfc

kfc = teh sux

Clownst0pper
24-03-04, 22:44
If u dont wanna pay for it, dont.

Leave, no ones forcing u

Nexxy
24-03-04, 22:44
Originally posted by Shujin
ummm no
BK > Mcdonalds > kfc

kfc = teh sux

Whats the difference, they all spit in your food....

Clownst0pper
24-03-04, 22:46

pwnd :lol:

Possessed
24-03-04, 22:47
My mouldy socks > All fast food.

http://www.davesdaily.com/pictures/56-mcchicken.jpg

Enough said.

Shujin
24-03-04, 22:49
Originally posted by Nexxy
Whats the difference, they all spit in your food.... nah the local mcdonalds is nasteh as fuck, kfc just sux ass, and bk... its teh pwn ;D

and u can look on the food and see theres no spit ;P

Lexxuk
24-03-04, 22:51
Originally posted by Nexxy

its WHAT they spit into your food, it has been known for, err, fluids that are not ejaculated from the mouth, to end up in ur mcd's burger.

chicken pwnz j00 all :p

Nexxy
24-03-04, 22:56
Ive heard a bad rumour about my local pizza hut involving "fluids that are not ejaculated from the mouth" and stuffed crust pizza...

I dont eat from pizza hut anymore.

Clownst0pper
24-03-04, 22:58
in our local news a girl caught clamidia from a mcdonalds burger, dispite her never having sex.

She was 12 years old.

They tracked it to mcdonalds where someone had masturbated over her burger, and then not cooked it.

MCdonalds isnt nice :)

Odin
24-03-04, 22:59
ok since this is entering flame territory.

/me mutters something to himself about getting Dafire to double check those customer scripts.