PDA

View Full Version : Please let me run a bar KK

Jest
24-03-04, 18:24
Ok so I may be jumping the gun here. We've been promised customizable apartments and even NPC vendors. So maybe I'm just telling the devs something they already know. But seriously, I want my own bar.

I grew up in Las Vegas so I'm sort of entertainment minded. I have tons of ideas for player run establishments, both high class and low class, that people could come to and enjoy.

So here is the thing, give us a medium to run player owned establishments. (Not just player owned shops). Here are some ideas that could help. Some of this list I am pretty sure are going to be implemented but I figured Id mention them regardless.

- Let us be able to set the status of our door keypad. Several options, Owners Only, Clan Only, Faction Only, All.
- Joint ownership of an apartment. I'm not going to be logged in 24/7 but if I had some player run hang outs I'd like them to be run and manned as often as possible. This would require some one of ownership level to be there.
- Let us buy and place a limited amounted of guards or turrets.
- Let apartment owners be able to add a player to a list of banned players. This wouldn't be some magicial barrier that prevented players from entering. The list would interweave with the above point. People on 'the list' would be shot by guards.
- Let us be able to place NPCs that have customizable text. I want NPCs to provide some atmosphere. I want players to feel interactive to the joint. Let me be able to customize my NPC at any time. Even if all I could do with him is text, this would open up doors for an immeasurable amount of potential RP scenarios.
- Let me place standard NPCs that dont have a player controlled inventory. Maybe I want a barkeep in my bar to sell the usual drinks and food, or maybe I want there to be a weapon part vendor inside my shop. (These types of vendors should only be allowed to be placed in apartments open to all imo).
- Let me be able to place dancers in my joint.
- Let me have the option of setting the music theme in my apartment from a large list of choices.
- Make some of the player placed objects be lighting objects where I can control the color, frequency, etc...
- Let me be able to spend a whole lotta money to get a static GR inside my joint. Say for example I could pay 10 million credits and get my GR made static. The GR would have a unique name to it and other players would be able to tag it and GR to and from it.

Those are just a few of the things I would want personally. Whether they are feasible or not I dunno. Any one else have anything to add?

ezza
24-03-04, 18:54
you can run the PP pub, though it needs a bit of cleaning and decorating;)

Seezur001
24-03-04, 18:59
It's possible for Reakktor to setup apartments like that.

Matthew.v.smith
24-03-04, 19:01
That sounds great.

Prehaps give the option to buy blank appartments with nothing but a Gogu and Genrep etc etc.

That way u can furnish them with Npc vendors and other things (beer bottles,Bar dividers etc) and actually run ure own bar.

Joint Appy owners also sounds good.

Matty.:angel:

L3m0n
24-03-04, 19:03
Originally posted by Seezur001
It's possible for Reakktor to setup apartments like that.
maybe with the new app items they are bringing into B: DOY, you mite be able to make it look a little like a bar but will never be a real bar :(
also with the new player run NPC shops you mite be able to make a bar? just by selling drink?

XSuneX
24-03-04, 19:03
Sounds good.

Also I would like to give access to people on my buddy list to my normal apartment not just clan apartment, for convienence sake, this is not real life so we can't be on 24/7.

we live all over the world for goodness sake, we can't always be there to let each other into our apartments.

BLOODLETTER
24-03-04, 19:07
i want to make a church to my god.

so yes, customizable lighting is a must!!

Nexxy
24-03-04, 19:40
It should be really expensive shit so everyone doesnt have a bar. We dont want too many RPers...

Jest
24-03-04, 20:01
Originally posted by BLOODLETTER
i want to make a church to my god.

so yes, customizable lighting is a must!! Heh wow thats not something I though of but that would actually be a really good idea. Would be very cool to have Crahn run their own church like place.

Originally posted by Nexxy
It should be really expensive shit so everyone doesnt have a bar. We dont want too many RPers... Yes it should be expensive, mainly because not every single player should have like 5 player run places each. But just because some one owns a place doesnt mean people will come to it. Nexx you know you want to make a shop. I know you want to start your own Womans Fashion shop. :eek:

plague
24-03-04, 20:57
Originally posted by Jest

- Let me be able to place dancers in my joint.

Hell yea and let me take their damn clause off :eek:
they should be naked since they r strip dancers not bikiny:D

Cytaur
24-03-04, 21:59
good stuff !

Aziraphale
24-03-04, 22:10
That'd be the coolest thing ever :D

naimex
24-03-04, 23:39
Ok here goes ::

HOW TO MAKE A BAR IN B-DOY :

1 : Buy a Large apartment, with lots of space for furniture
2 : Buy furniture to make it look like a bar, and place it in a nice way
3 : Buy decoratory objects to create an atmosphere
4 : Buy / make your own booze
5 : Setup a player run shop** vendor that sells your booze
6 : Enjoy

EDIT :

7 : get KK to implement a pimp in PP or somewhere where you can buy strippers / for some time, or simply make it possible to buy a stripper permanently.. having to pay her x nc per x ingame days to dance at your place...

EDIT 2 :

But as said, if you are devoted enough they could just rig up an apartment like that for you this very second.

ServeX
24-03-04, 23:48
two things I think should be implemented...

first, allow list on appartment doors where you can set who is allowed to enter your appartment and who cannot enter your appartment.

second, advertisements and stuff in plaza that say "Wanter Runner" and etc. and simply show NPCs or copbot faces etc., should be converted into player advertisements, that way you can advertise your products and your locations etc.

ex. City Mercs could have an ad that says "Mercs for hire - contact player 'insert_name_here' for more information."

naimex
24-03-04, 23:49
Originally posted by ServeX

first, allow list on appartment doors where you can set who is allowed to enter your appartment and who cannot enter your appartment.

second, advertisements and stuff in plaza that say "Wanter Runner" and etc. and simply show NPCs or copbot faces etc., should be converted into player advertisements, that way you can advertise your products and your locations etc.

like you can buy ads in nema ?

then go pay something at nema thing.. and then you can have it shown in plaza.

Aziraphale
25-03-04, 01:26

ex. City Mercs could have an ad that says "Mercs for hire - contact player 'insert_name_here' for more information."

Such simple ideas, yet they would really make for a much more enjoyable experience.

awkward silence
25-03-04, 09:08
i like lots a these ideas.

it would be cool if clan apts had a bar:D

also a customizable guard...just for rp

Drake6k
25-03-04, 09:21
Do it KK!

Cytaur
25-03-04, 10:37
don't forget people to 5-star this thread !

Jest
25-03-04, 17:08
Yah thats something Ive always thought would be a great addition. Like have the wanted screens cycle through a bunch of stuff. Ads for in game stuff like Warbot Cola etc, but also ads that players can create for like clans and such. Would be even better if we could put our player run places up as ads. Sorta like have a quick ad but then also say when the apartment and password is. Would be cool.

sanityislost
25-03-04, 17:14
i thought about starting up a bar, run it like a clan and pay people to work in it. lol the only thing ive done so far is tried to run the bar in TH2 b side, alot of FA chill out there