PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom of Ceres skills & originality

Kal
24-03-04, 17:27
although i love the idea of this it seems to me that these skills will further kill any non-cookie cutter setups.

you have to cap you primary skill.

anyone who has played a pitsol/rifle tank or a heavy/melee PE will know how stupidly impossible it is to level up your primary skill.

capping a tanks dex at 70 in not a pleasant task, now think about capping it at 80 with the speedgat as your best weapon

or a PEs str, it is an awkward skill to level with a dex based weaponskill, the only solution is to get on with it and get it done and is slow and boring. now imagine tryig to level a PEs str to 100 :eek:

this means that these classes will effectively not have access to these skills, and while not a 'nerf', other classes making use of the skills would outclass them (by an even bigger margin)

L0KI
24-03-04, 17:31
Weird, i capped dex at the same time i capped cons on my MC PE and my HC PE.

Sorry Kal, all 4 of my PE chars took less than 3 days to cap completely O_o

Candaman
24-03-04, 17:31
The WoC skills does not mean it will over cap ur str or any other skill so stop worrying

Kal
24-03-04, 17:32
Originally posted by L0KI
Weird, i capped dex at the same time i capped cons on my MC PE and my HC PE.

Sorry Kal, all 4 of my PE chars took less than 3 days to cap completely O_o

hmm i must just be lazy, it seems to level too damn slow for me

edit: may have been cause i mainly hunted with the combat vehicles, dunno if they level dex slower than mon foot

Dribble Joy
24-03-04, 17:48
PE mainstat is far easier than the main stats on the other classes, and as canada said, you don't over cap.

We don't even know how much xp you will need to reach the first WoC skill. PE dex '81' might take 10 times as much xp to reach as with 80-81 on a spy.

Psyco Groupie
24-03-04, 17:50
My PE str caps using dex weapons before psi on occasion o_O

Mr_Snow
24-03-04, 17:54
As an experienced player Kal if it takes you more then a week to cap every stat on a PE your doing something wrong, with maybe the exeption of maybe dex on a MC or HC PE.

SorkZmok
24-03-04, 18:01
Originally posted by Kal
hmm i must just be lazy, it seems to level too damn slow for me

edit: may have been cause i mainly hunted with the combat vehicles, dunno if they level dex slower than mon foot int and dex gain are extremely slow if youre using vehicles. i've got a h-c pe i use for rare hunting, str capped in no time, int and dex are still damn far away from cap.

Kal
24-03-04, 18:05
capping any regular PE is easy

prolly no real issue i was just wondering,

the point i didnt really get across very well (at all) is that perhaps 'tank' upgrades that would benefit heavy weapons or melee shouldnt be limited to tanks, and str should be needed capped on a PE instead of dex (or perhaps str & con as hc/melee PE str is easily capped) to use them.

though we dont really know enough about the skills to say much about 'em

hinch
24-03-04, 18:08
just be lucky its not chars must be "fully" capped

they'll only be like 10 monks able to access these skills ever :)

Psyco Groupie
24-03-04, 18:10
Originally posted by hinch
just be lucky its not chars must be "fully" capped

they'll only be like 10 monks able to access these skills ever :)

Either that or crowded chaos caves and record 'off peak' pops :) .. and a whole lota tired people :P

Candaman
24-03-04, 18:12
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
PE mainstat is far easier than the main stats on the other classes, and as canada said, you don't over cap.

CanDaMan

Can Da Man

Can Da Man

El Barto
24-03-04, 18:14
You don't get extra lvls with the wisdom of ceres, that just would definatly never work out right, and Dex on a Gen-Tank? Thats reall easy to cap, easier than STR and Con.

Kal
24-03-04, 18:16
i was wrong about the capping dex on a hc pe thing, but thats cause how i leveled mine up

str on a pistol tank........ now theres something im never gonna do:eek:

Mr_Snow
24-03-04, 18:23
Originally posted by Kal
str on a pistol tank........ now theres something im never gonna do:eek:

Should have him as melee too because you need somewhere to throw all that extra str points anyway and it will give you extra str exp.

Kal
24-03-04, 18:25
yeah spose, ok it aint so bad at all

jernau
25-03-04, 03:03
Originally posted by Candaman
CanDaMan

Can Da Man

Can Da Man

Candyman?

I thought bad movies happened if you said that 3 times.:confused:

IceStorm
25-03-04, 03:23
On my HC PE I'm finding that I level my INT pretty well by hacking Warbots/Hover-stuff open after killing them with my combat vehicles. It's nothing compared to the 30k INT I used to get on my Spy per kill (25k for kill, around 5k for hacking it open), but I don't have to gain 157 million XP to cap, either, just 3 mil. :-)

DEX seems to go up pretty fast on the HC PE in vehicles, too. Not as fast as STR, but with artillery vehicles (4x4, Combat Hovertec) it seems to go up fairly fast. Rockets, not so much it seems. I want to switch over to using mid-level pistols on my PE at some point, but 100 PC (with imps) doesn't cut it. Need some more levels. :-(

PEs don't know how good they have it, never having to reach level 100 in any mainstat. 157 Million XP to cap a mainstat... Took me 15 months on my Spy. :-(

metalangel
25-03-04, 03:27
Ohhhh, Candaman, our home and native... er... man.