PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.0.0 released --- KK should get it!

BramTops
24-03-04, 01:46
I've been playing with the latest new version of vBulletin... and I must say... Its *SWEET*

KK should definatly get this one! There are so many sweet options that make this forum a lot more "community-ish". Reputation stuff and all....

Anyway... KK already has played with 3.0 RC's... Check this (http://www.jafc.de/)! (dont post and do anything there... just a preview!)

Lanigav
24-03-04, 01:47
Yeah, I mentioned this in one of the previous threads. Lots of fun, new spiffy options.

Preview looks nice, but the fonts and font colors need to changed to what we have now. Current ones look quite a bit better.

BramTops
24-03-04, 01:50
Originally posted by Lanigav
Yeah, I mentioned this in one of the previous threads. Lots of fun, new spiffy options.
Sorry... missed that thread.. ;)

Tratos
24-03-04, 02:04
dunno why buti dont really like it :S

does have some funky features im just used to the avatar and stats at the side layout, heh

~Tratos

BramTops
24-03-04, 02:14
That's just a simple option in the admin panel.... Or the skin...

How it LOOKS is not important... that can all be changed... how it WORKS is far more interesting!

Odin
24-03-04, 02:16
Been playing with it on and off the past month and a half. It just went gold on Friday give us some time.

I personally like the fact you can set a timer on bans now instead of having to do it manually :)

Ryuben
24-03-04, 02:39
odin....you ban people

why never

looks for a tomb stone marked r!zz@

no its spelt with a y .....

sw1tch
24-03-04, 02:39
it looks pretty nice, didn't really notice and signific improvements untill i went into new reply easier to do formatting ect, and the user control panel has a nifty little graphicsl message for how many messages you have and how many total.

Marx
24-03-04, 02:45
cool beans (http://www.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=88642)

ex-machina
24-03-04, 02:57
all I can say is yuk.

Why is reinvention always neccesary to advance a version? Not a fan.

Lanigav
24-03-04, 03:24
They really don't have to reinvent anything. With a little work, you'll notice very little visual difference.

FirestarXL
24-03-04, 13:54
I've seen it running on a few sites, I'm not sold on some of the new styles, but as others have said it's very configurable and that will help lots. I say, go for it!

Siygess
24-03-04, 13:59
I have to say that it has some handy features - very community-ish, as Bram said, but thats a good thing in my mind.

Go Go Gadget Forum Upgrade!

garyu69
24-03-04, 14:07
Looks sexy

Psyco Groupie
24-03-04, 14:27
nooooo it stinks

one of my fav forums upgraded to it ... in IE its takes like 50% more time to render the page (noticeable sometimes) and in firefox its still noticeable

vb 3 is like winamp .. 5 is cool .. but 2 was fine

*edit - the preview seems quite fast, but they dont have alot of the features on afaik

*edit2 - if you can get it to look the same use it :)

phunqe
24-03-04, 14:57
I've found your problem Psyco...

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
...in IE...

;) :D

MindFeeder
24-03-04, 15:09
I dont like this new optic with avatars and stuff not at the side :P

Exile
24-03-04, 15:19
have yall tried phpBB ?

very nice bb and highly customizable

http://www.phpbb.com/

Psyco Groupie
24-03-04, 15:22
vb is generally considered > phpbb

mainly cos its a commercial product and is supported fully etc

vb3 can be made to display avatars etc in the normal place which looks like the old one, with all the spangly drop down menus of 2 ... /me hopes they can get it going