PDA

View Full Version : For all you UFO Fans..

Siygess
23-03-04, 21:19
Check this out:

http://ufo.myexp.de/

Theres a demo on this months PC Gamer (the DVD version, at least). The graphics are much cleaner and more in keeping with the original game than UFO:Aftermath ever was.. the full version is going to be great :)

plague
23-03-04, 21:35
omg nice i love teh ufo stoped playing it long time ago tho,
cant wait till i get off work so i can try it:D

Kugero
23-03-04, 21:52
very cool. I loved the original series. I will definately have to check this out ...

Xylaz
23-03-04, 21:55
OMG is this the continuation of the X COM series????

I've played those games countless amounts of times... On my 486pc 66mhz... Hah, that was a good time...

Siygess
23-03-04, 22:07
No, its just a bunch of guys doing some impressive things with the Quake 2 engine. Its not official :D

Richard Blade
23-03-04, 22:36
:D

I used to love playing X-Com Apoc.
I'd still be playing it now if I hadn't upgraded beyond it's capabilities. Mainly, my agp card makes the game think I don't have a video card. :lol:

Maybe I'll throw together an old 1337 machine and reload it.

As to this new one, I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Although, the quake engines seem to give me a headache and an upset stomach. O_o
No other games or engines have done that. I do get motion sickness if I haven't eaten, but eating doesn't make the game playable for me. :(

I know, nobody wanted to know that much.

StryfeX
23-03-04, 23:14
Originally posted by Richard Blade
I know, nobody wanted to know that much. Damn skippy. :lol: Ah well. I'll be trying this later...

--Stryfe

Sleawer
23-03-04, 23:17
Nice.
I liked the two first games; Enemy Unknown and Terror from the Deep.
I disliked Apocalypse, didn't have the same background as the previous... Interceptor and Enforcer I think were the following to Apoc.
UFO: Aftermath changed company I think, but it still brought some of the old series fun; I liked it.

I miss a game that really scares me, one that takes me inside like Enemy Unknown did... man that was fun.

notneo
24-03-04, 13:24
wow will download asap as i cant get the original to work on xp

DigestiveBiscui
24-03-04, 13:54
Originally posted by notneo
wow will download asap as i cant get the original to work on xp

getting it working on XP isnt too hard - but GFX card do you use?
im on a GF4 and i do it this way

Go to contral panel > dislpay > settings > avanced and i *think* its in either monitor or troubleshoot and in one of those turn hardware acceleration down to nothing (basically turning off your GFX card)

launch X-Com - wallah it works, but its really fast so you have to download a CPU slowdown programme (dont know which one i used, was a long time ago :p)

simply turn hardware acceleration back up to play other games :p

OpTi
24-03-04, 16:04
Originally posted by Sleawer
Nice.
I liked the two first games; Enemy Unknown and Terror from the Deep.
I disliked Apocalypse, didn't have the same background as the previous... Interceptor and Enforcer I think were the following to Apoc.
UFO: Aftermath changed company I think, but it still brought some of the old series fun; I liked it.

I miss a game that really scares me, one that takes me inside like Enemy Unknown did... man that was fun.

enemy unknown
terror from the deep
interceptor
apocalypse

thats the order of the story, at the end of the first game the queen thingy on mars makes this massive scream that wakes the aliens under the sea. Interceptor came out after apocalypse but it's humans first deepspace effort to discover elirium115(sp?) to start the construction of the first mega city, of course they run into the aliens from the first game who are trying to destroy the earth. Apocalypse is the testing of megacity 1 if it's tests are succesful i think it's 4 more are due to be constructed, but this time aliens from another dimension come to destroy the earth.

can't remember when enforcer was set and i never played it.
i was really looking forward to xcom: alliance, first person tactical combat, always wanted to get up close and personal with a sectoid and blow it away :D.

Psyco Groupie
24-03-04, 16:09
http://ufo.myexp.de/img/weapons/alien_weap001.jpg

g0t Halo ?

looks OK

rob444
24-03-04, 17:21
Hehe they have really stolen the plasma pistol idea from Halo, no doubt in that. The game looks cool though, hopefully you can blow up the walls as in the X-COM games ;)

LVirus
25-03-04, 08:35
Originally posted by rob444
Hehe they have really stolen the plasma pistol idea from Halo, no doubt in that. The game looks cool though, hopefully you can blow up the walls as in the X-COM games ;)

Sadly, no because it's based on Quake2 engine.
Only thing that stopped me getting Aftermatch and this one is because you cannot destroy enviroment!