PDA

View Full Version : NC:BDoY Preorder available

Thanatos
23-03-04, 21:06
Those of you with multiple accounts will be pleased to hear that one box of NC:BDOY will allow you to upgrade 4 existing NC accounts to DOY status.

Preorder Page (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=preorder&file=index)

g0rt
23-03-04, 21:06
win! 4 existing accts? i should deal up a 4th then ;)

Stigmata
23-03-04, 21:07
sweet

i may have to get some more accounts................

but no one will ever have as many a zone

naimex
23-03-04, 21:09
Full Version EUR 29,95 + shipping (Box)
Account Upgrade EUR 29,95 + shipping (Box + 10 EUR discount voucher

so the 10 euro discount makes the upgrade 20 Euro ??

EDIT : Just want to be sure... **Ordered**

Judge
23-03-04, 21:10
Ordered. :D

Can we see a close up shot of box cover?

Ark
23-03-04, 21:11
how much is that in american?

Forget My Name
Awesome, but oyu know somebody has to say this, and of course it will never be answered but...

Will I fatal runtime every 10 minutes and crash constantly?

I did not see ONE thing concerning my only conern with this game......

Stability.

I pray to the Slot Gods that you guys don't screw the ppoch on this one.

Other than that, I am going to upgrade both my accounts when it comes out.

See ya'll in the dome!

phunqe
EXCELLENT! :D

And look at the cover... *sniff* It's so pretty.

Now hurry please! ;) :)

naimex
23-03-04, 21:12
Originally posted by Ark

about 20 $ for 30 €

GT_Rince
Account Upgrade EUR 29,95 + shipping (Box + 10 EUR discount voucher)

So does that mean we only pay 19.95 Euros? Or we still pay 29.95 and get 10 euros off something else ?

Can someone from clarify please.

EDIT-----

And I'll not be ordering shit until I see a release date - been over 12 months since this was supposed to be here - that money is better sat in my account for [enter number of months here] than KK's.

HellBreaker
about time ^_^ :D

Judge
23-03-04, 21:13
Originally posted by Ark

www.xe.com

Great exchange rate site.

Tratos
23-03-04, 21:13
i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it :D:D:D:D

Gonna pre order as soon as i can get my dad to let go of his CC, lol

And only £21 :D

~Tratos

and that box looks pwnage, plz put an enlarged version on :D

phunqe
23-03-04, 21:14
Originally posted by naimex
about 20 $ for 30 €

Actually, it's the other way around... about $35 :)

naimex
23-03-04, 21:16
Originally posted by phunqe
Acutally, it's the other way around... about $35 :)

??

1 € = 4 danish crowns
1 $ = 6 danish crowns

30x4 = 120 danish crowns

thats 120 / 6 = 20

== 30 € = 20 $ ......

**EDIT : 2 secs just gonna look at valuta prices atm.. wonder if they have changed a lot recently

**EDIT 2 ::: EEEK they have ::

EUR 16:49 744,4490 744,9996 744,4771 745,0888
USD 16:49 605,44 605,74 606,00 606,34

so correct value is :

30 € = 36,89 $

phunqe
23-03-04, 21:16
??

1 € = 4 danish crowns
1 $ = 6 danish crowns

30x4 = 120 danish crowns

thats 120 / 6 = 20

== 30 € = 20 $ ......

it's $35 :)

You have switched the euro and dollar conversions to the DKK above... :p

Jest
23-03-04, 21:17
Heh, 10ish bucks per account, works for me. :p

HellBreaker
23-03-04, 21:18
See when it says , Accounts to upgrade: , do you put in the account username??

phunqe
23-03-04, 21:19
Originally posted by HellBreaker

Yes.

naimex
23-03-04, 21:19

thats what i did. ^^

Brammers
23-03-04, 21:21
Spot the orange logo in the bottom left and compare it to this page http://www.10tacel.com/

Looks like 10tacel is the publisher.

Oh and 10E's to upgrade 4 accounts - excellent!

HellBreaker
23-03-04, 21:23
**Waits for the 4 weeks before it comes out**
8|
I WANT IT !!!! lol :p
Can't wait now!:)

Clownst0pper
23-03-04, 21:24
Think Ill wait for the review thanks :o

naimex
23-03-04, 21:24
**Waits for the 4 weeks before it comes out**
8|
I WANT IT !!!! lol :p
Can't wait now!:)

actually what I´m looking the most forward to is :

Customizeable apartments :)

Strych9
23-03-04, 21:26
For those too afraid to fill out the form- you dont pay now. They bill you 1 month before its released. This just puts your name on a list. No obligation really.

Spoon
23-03-04, 21:26
$37 for just the upgrade?

And would that upgrade my account and my sons?
We signed up under our own names, but used the same credit card.....

Clownst0pper
23-03-04, 21:27
Then why is there need to pre-order?

There hardly going to sell out, thats a fact, unless they advertise there ass off, and suddenly every EQ player jumps bandwagons :lol:

Sure :o

plague
23-03-04, 21:30
--------------
Note: This upgrade version allows you to upgrade up to 4 Neocron accounts. It is only possible to upgrade accounts that have been actively running under your name for at least three months at release.
----------------

hmm what if i had me accounts off for few months and reactivated them 2 months prior doy relice, or does it means 3 moths all together not from last date activeated??

And yee teh box looks 1337 relice it already:eek:

garyu69
23-03-04, 21:31
Fucking Sex

g0rt
23-03-04, 21:32
....now we gotta see some advertising to get old people back preordering and new people interested!

Kal
23-03-04, 21:32
can anyone (KK) tell me (or pm me) the email address that the mails will be sent from 4 weeks before release as i need to set it so it wont just go strat into my spam folder

i put in the code it gave me to start my account, am i wrong?
(kk said they never ask for username or pass)

Myrlin
23-03-04, 21:33
Just like spook said...

My wife and I both used the same credit card but registered under our own names. Will we be able to upgrade both accounts for 1 fee?

Vampire222
23-03-04, 21:35
good thing is, i dont see a cdv logo :)

Tratos
23-03-04, 21:35
i say we strike out sign up for as many forums as we can and spam them to hell about DOY so people go wtf? go to the site see it and go cool and pre order it :D

~Tratos

naimex
23-03-04, 21:37
and you dont think they are going to think..

they have to send their customers out for people to even go visit the site, this must be shite ??

Tratos
23-03-04, 21:38
and you dont think they are going to think..

they have to send their customers out for people to even go visit the site, this must be shite ??

bah :( lol

I want to see a new trailer, just watched the old one :eek: 8| it really pwns!

Get a new trailer out KK!!

~Tratos

Kal
23-03-04, 21:38
less chat, more spamming forums

garyu69
23-03-04, 21:39
Hell yeah. Just pre-oredered my 4 accounts :D

naimex
23-03-04, 21:42
merged........... :rolleyes:

El_MUERkO
23-03-04, 21:43
Ordered the upgrade :)

I notices the order site is not HTTPS, is that wise considering the need for security when it comes to MMORPGs this one included?

Oh yeah... WHO ARE THE PUBLISHERS!?!

Zanathos
23-03-04, 21:46
I gotta wait until i get home

:(

Original monk
23-03-04, 21:48
OW MY GOD

:D :D :D :D

edit: ok ive started messaging everyone :P ow i cant wait til its out lol

Sorontar
So is that 84 % rating on the box for the original game then ?

Ren
OMG how crap is this offer?

It was promised free, for about 80 years, then they said we would have to pay (fair enough) but the offer is the worst in the galaxy.

10 Euro's Discount? it doesn't even say what for? the final product? the box? the account? a new account? a month free? thats crap, the box should come with 2 free months.. like upgrades do.

not the old "we try our best" but the deal is ultimatly crap.

I'm totally unimpressed by this, i expect so much more.

The KK hype machine needs a new hamster.

Shujin
23-03-04, 21:49
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Ordered the upgrade :)

I notices the order site is not HTTPS, is that wise considering the need for security when it comes to MMORPGs this one included?

Oh yeah... WHO ARE THE PUBLISHERS!?! yep im not entering anything till they get it https

MrChumble
23-03-04, 21:52
bleh, which account to cancel...I sure as hell ain't buying 2 copies of DoY just to run one more account O_o

Edit: on a slightly more positive note the box art looks cool and I'm glad the pre-order is at least there :)

Still sucks that they said we could upgrade all our accounts and now the story has changed to 4 :(

Cytaur
23-03-04, 21:52
it also says 30 EURO + SHIPPING

which is probably twice the price of the game to send it over here in Canada. Plus I agree with Renster, 10 EURO discount, it doesn't say for what. Plus, what if I just want the damn upgrade and download the freaking DoY....

enigma_b17
23-03-04, 21:53
i chose the upgrade account thingy on the preorder form, am i sposed to get a confirmation email saying that my preorder has been registered?

Clownst0pper
23-03-04, 21:54
However, if you havnt read

"THE NEW WARFARE SYSTEM"

OMG TELL ME MORE YA BASTARDO'S!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoennpoenefnoisnfowip

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 21:58
I'm not sure the idea of upgrading 4 nc accounts for 1 bdoy game is good. I mean, cant' someone with 1 account give 3 of their friends freebees? Isn't that bad?

At most it should be 2 upgrades per BDOY.

L0KI
23-03-04, 21:59
I dont have a credit card u shit stabbers

wheres the wrold pay option? :lol:

I cut my credit cards up from overuse ;)

Jest
23-03-04, 22:01
My main concern is not recieving the game on time. I mean, if I gotta wait like an extra few days to recieve my copy while every one else recieved theirs or bought it in the store.... man that would suck. I would cry. :(

tkNukem
23-03-04, 22:01
it asks for name, address, country, and email, as well as the type of upgrade (possibly up to four account names) AND FINALLY the method of payment.

nothing else is required at this point - no credit card numbers are needed, no account passwords, etc.

security shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you don't like people to see your address/email address...which for some that's prolly an issue.

so just don't worry about having to wait for a credit card, i suggest. (it does say an email of instructions will be sent 4 weeks before the release date...so unless the email is sent within the next few days, why worry about not having a credit card or whatever?!)

Sorontar
23-03-04, 22:02
They have to be registered in your name and played in that name for 3 months as far as I can tell.

So even if I was to get 2 friends to give me their account details and change them to my card so they don't have to pay, I would struggle to meet the 3 months history if the game is released on time.

Could be wrong ........... probably am

:D

I really like that cover as well , much more gritty than the current one.

Cytaur
23-03-04, 22:04
Will we be able to UPGRADE our accounts with a store-bought copy ?

Sorontar
23-03-04, 22:06
Damn good question .......... I certainly hope we have the option.

But would we still get the voucher as well.

Shujin
23-03-04, 22:09
hmmm damn good point >.< maybe release NC:BDOY full game for 29.95eur and release NC:BDOY Upgrade for 19,95eur?

Celt
23-03-04, 22:14
Shitty, 30 euro(original cost me €35 a month after launch) and dont even get the 6 weeks free.

Plus, despite the fact I bought a second account off a friend 2 months ago, the fact that he paid for 6 months means I wont be able to upgrade that without a second copy.

Increase monthly fee or something, because this is looking like it's going to turn out horrible.

Argent
23-03-04, 22:19
As long as no details are posted about the shipping payments, I'm not preordering anything.

And yes, it's pretty expensive addon for a free addon.

Ascension
23-03-04, 22:21
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Oh yeah... WHO ARE THE PUBLISHERS!?!

Hmm some publisher unknown 2 anyone... called 10tacleo_O

.Cyl0n
23-03-04, 22:22
oh wow... yea umm hrrmm.... i just told em that i want doy...o_O

mehirc
23-03-04, 22:42
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I'm not sure the idea of upgrading 4 nc accounts for 1 bdoy game is good. I mean, cant' someone with 1 account give 3 of their friends freebees? Isn't that bad?

At most it should be 2 upgrades per BDOY.

That was the first that came into my mind too.

Richard Blade
23-03-04, 22:45
Well, the price isn't that great, but it is for existing accounts.
Imagine how much the new game will cost someone who hasn't currently got an account.

On the other hand, being a US citizen, if they would just bundle up a 10 Euro note and send it to me, they can keep the voucher.
( provided there is a 10 Euro valued note. )

I've got a 10 Rupees note from the Republic of Seychelles. There isn't a date on it, I just know that my Dad got it when he was in the navy 27 something years ago.

10 Euro's would be a nice addition to my collection.

:D I had to spend my Canadian money.

Spoon
23-03-04, 22:52
The details on that Pre-order page are rather confusing, to say the least.......:rolleyes:

Still no mention of a downloadable upgrade..........

Lanigav
23-03-04, 22:54
What's the shipping price going to be for the western part of the US? And will the release be regional or the same worldwide?

Seezur001
23-03-04, 22:56
Will NC:BDoY Also have a download option?

Myrlin
23-03-04, 22:59
Can we please get some info KK?

1) Can you upgrade multiple accounts if you used the same credit card but different names?

2) Can you upgrade a friends account even if you don't have the same credit card?

3) What are the shipping charges? Will they vary based on what country you live in?

4) If I buy BDoY in the store can I still upgrade my account? Will I get the 10 euro discount?

5) Can the pre-order site be made into an HTTPS site so that people are comfortable giving their name, address, email address, and account names out? - DONE

6) Will BDoY have a download option? If so, will it be cheaper the the boxed version?

Cruzbroker
23-03-04, 23:02
6) WILL THERE BE A DOWNLOADABLE VERSION SO I DON*T HAVE TO PREORDER?

yes, it's confusing..

Myrlin
23-03-04, 23:02
The preorder page is now HTTPS.

Organics
23-03-04, 23:10
Ordered.

One question though, if I decide to get another account (which I'm considering) before the release, will I have to basically buy DoY again?

Martin J. Schwiezer
23-03-04, 23:16
Originally posted by Myrlin
Can we please get some info KK?

1) Can you upgrade multiple accounts if you used the same credit card but different names?
No, sorry.

2) Can you upgrade a friends account even if you don't have the same credit card? No.

3) What are the shipping charges? Will they vary based on what country you live in? Shipping charges will be pretty much standard. Just what you pay for shipping at game stores ets.

4) If I buy BDoY in the store can I still upgrade my account? Will I get the 10 euro discount? This will have to be detailled out later. But I guess it's "Yes" to both questions.

5) Can the pre-order site be made into an HTTPS site so that people are comfortable giving their name, address, email address, and account names out? We will look into this.

6) Will BDoY have a download option? If so, will it be cheaper the the boxed version? We have not yet decided how the download option will be handled and when/if it might come.

Here's some more info:

7) The 10 Euro voucher will be on your account at the payment provider. You may use at either for Neocron payments or at any other shop/service the payment provider cooperates with.

8) We will send you a confirmation email for your pre-order 4 weeks before NC:BDoY gets released. This confirmation will include _all_ info about everything you ever wanted to know about "how much for what?" (shipping costs, monthly payments, available currencies, detailled info about the payment provider etc.). Don't expect any big surprises, but with the confirmation email you may also cancel your pre-order within 2 weeks. Thus you don't risk too much by pre-ordering now. ;)

I hope this answers most of your questions...

sanityislost
23-03-04, 23:17
OK i pre-ordered it but like does the cash already get taken off the credit card linked to that account or do i fill out those details later near the launch?

Myrlin
23-03-04, 23:25
Thanks Martin. I guess I'll just cancel the account registered to my wife so I don't pay twice for BDoY.

Is there a way to transfer her account into my name so I can upgrade both accounts?

zii
23-03-04, 23:32
Ordering now... !!

KungLao
23-03-04, 23:37
Martin hast du deine Mutterspracher verlernt ?

Wie wäre es mal mit nem Post im deutschen Forum ich denke das bist du uns schuldig nach diesem Hammer

Ark
23-03-04, 23:42
I have 2 accounts, but one of them my friend gave to me after he quit so its under his name but I have had it active for a long time will i be able to upgrade it under one order?

StryfeX
23-03-04, 23:47
Here's a question for ya'. I have had my main account almost since the begginning of retail, but I opened another account not too long ago (maybe 1.5 months or so). Both are under my name and and credit card. Will I have to purchase 2 copies of BDoY since one of my accounts hasn't reached the 3 month "age limit" but the other one has, or what?

--Stryfe

Jest
23-03-04, 23:58
Originally posted by StryfeX
Here's a question for ya'. I have had my main account almost since the begginning of retail, but I opened another account not too long ago (maybe 1.5 months or so). Both are under my name and and credit card. Will I have to purchase 2 copies of BDoY since one of my accounts hasn't reached the 3 month "age limit" but the other one has, or what?

--Stryfe As I took it the preorder 3 month date applies to when BDoY comes out, "at lease three months at release." Assuming thats true I think we can hope that BDoY will definitely be released before June 23. :eek:

Myrlin
24-03-04, 00:04
FYI at the current exchange rates the expansion costs in US dollars:

$36.92 with a voucher for $12.33 off your NC payments.

SPIKE (pluto)
24-03-04, 00:15
Uberness, but just one thing

Maybe its me but i cant see the date of actual release:wtf:

Celt
24-03-04, 00:27
So, martins answer to Q 1 & 2 is = No, we want your money for the free expansion pack, and we'll squeeze every bit we can :rolleyes:

Martin J. Schwiezer
24-03-04, 00:30
We will post a FAQ on the pre-order page which hopefully answers all of your questions for everyone and not only for people who browse the forum.

G.0.D.
24-03-04, 00:38
I would make a vague link to my dome of york webpage... get a few laughes and be banned from the forums...

on secound thought never mind :rolleyes:

ServeX
24-03-04, 00:40
cool I guess, but what advantage is there to preordering over simply downloading it when it comes out, other than to KK getting the money in advance? lol

Vampire222
24-03-04, 00:41
well if you cant wait theyll prolly make you able to use your accounts with the dl upgrade, before you get your cd's

gostly
24-03-04, 00:41
alright this is somethin im still wondering...

the pre-order says accounts that are under my name...see but me and my brother play...we both have 2 accounts...my 2 accounts are under my credit card info...while his is under our parents...we are at the same address and have the same last name...lol...are we still gunna have to buy 2 copies?...

or am i not gunna get an answer like when i posted this in the other preorder announcement... :rolleyes:

G.0.D.
24-03-04, 00:46
Errm simple way around that....

go into your account details (www.neocron.com) and change your names, addys, emails etc to match

OMG HAXORRREeedd FREEE DOY FOR EVERYONE :eek:

[CiX]Brad
24-03-04, 00:47
Im not really sure about this mate but I presume that you will only need to buy one CD and upgrade your two accoutns and your brothers or something...

Edit: Sorry I didnt see the reply to the message ignore what I said

WhiteWolf
24-03-04, 00:49
OK iam dying for a trailer here..... when can we expect one?

gostly
24-03-04, 00:52
Errm simple way around that....

go into your account details (www.neocron.com) and change your names, addys, emails etc to match

OMG HAXORRREeedd FREEE DOY FOR EVERYONE

yea but when the account gets billed...wont the name have to be whats on the credit card...i really dont know if i wanna put his accounts under my credit card...but if i have to i guess i will

naimex
24-03-04, 00:53
Originally posted by WhiteWolf
OK iam dying for a trailer here..... when can we expect one?

WHITEWOLF !!!

Get back ingame

I´ve missed you..

where´ve you been for all this time ?

Martin J. Schwiezer
24-03-04, 00:53
Originally posted by G.0.D.
OMG HAXORRREeedd FREEE DOY FOR EVERYONE :eek: LOL

Ulle
24-03-04, 00:57
^^ Don't make me create a rap sheet with your spamming MJS :D

*shakes fist*

G.0.D.
24-03-04, 00:58
/me whistles and walks away

Clownst0pper
24-03-04, 01:04
MJS, are you going to keep us informed of the 'numbers' were talking, on your preorders of DOY?

Would be nice to give us an idea on how well its going, or going 'to' go. :)

MrChumble
24-03-04, 01:05
Glad to see MJS responding on the thread and getting stuff done (like https etc). Really glad :)

Still a bit bummed about having to pay for 2 copies of BDoY though...or more to the point I'm not gonna pay for two, so I need to cancel an account, which in the mid to long term is gonna cost KK a lot more money than letting me upgrade all my accounts cough hint etc. :D

darknessfairy
24-03-04, 01:06
ummmm G.O.D got MJS in trouble.

I'm not going to preorder yet, i want more info. Like when it is going to come out for example. I'm afraid without this MJS you wont get my preorder. I don't want to be let down (ahem yet again ahem)

Redburn
24-03-04, 01:09
Still no post for those of us that have more than 4 accounts, Do we need to pay for a second copy of BDOY??

Starts looking at which runner to kill now :-(

Judge
24-03-04, 01:15
*Chants*

We want a trailer, we want a trailer.

Cruzbroker
24-03-04, 01:36
Originally posted by MrChumble
Glad to see MJS responding on the thread and getting stuff done (like https etc). Really glad :)

OF COURSE he answers. This thread = Something about Money. :p

Vid Gamer
24-03-04, 01:39
If I already play the game with one account, do I check off Full Version or Account Upgrade?

MrChumble
24-03-04, 01:45
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
If I already play the game with one account, do I check off Full Version or Account Upgrade?

Account upgrade. Full is for people who don't already own neocron.*

*ok so I'm guessing, but with only two options it's not hard to guess right :D

Invertigo
24-03-04, 02:03
soooo...

me and my 2 freinds, who all use my freinds creditcard, cant all pitch in together to buy one thing of DOY to upgrade all 3 of our accounts?

we will have to buy 3 copys of it?

just curious...

vanpan
24-03-04, 02:24
ich warte erstmal mit dem pre-order bis alles 100% klar geregelt ist.
wrong forum
(should be in the german community)

i also prever a download option for BDOY

Ryuben
24-03-04, 02:29
omg kos

i got 5 acts

i preordered for 4

but what about the 5th

all are on 3 month payment plans and all are regestered before this date

omg kos can a "someone" PM me about this so we can get it sorted?

Crackitakk
24-03-04, 02:32
alrite wtf, where on here does it tell the release date, im not seeing it

jernau
24-03-04, 02:34
I still don't see a release date or any marketing or answers to the many serious concerns I (and others) have over where the game is going. If I don't have to pay or commit now then I'll fill in the form now but only on that basis.

Nice to see that old NC concept art in use. Much better than the old box IMO.

@Martin, any chance you could answer two more questions :

Do we get a month of play included in that price (as I assume/hope the boxes in shops will have)?

Do we put account names or codes into the boxes?

Thanks in advance and please, please, please give us some more info on in-game stuff we can look forward to.

Cytaur
24-03-04, 03:14
could we get a response to that o_o

tkNukem
24-03-04, 03:34
OMG i can't wait for BDoY!! preorder all the way!!!

btw, hrhr we got priority over german forums! >;]
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94896
by two minutes! >;] and da man himself posted in englisch forumz!
WE RULEZ! neocron forever!!!!!!

HammerHedz
24-03-04, 03:46
WTF is a EURO???

:angel:

Marx
24-03-04, 03:49
Originally posted by HammerHedz
WTF is a EURO???

You know, Europeans.

The credit card company will just toss a bunch of them in a storage crate when it comes time to pay. They don't seem to mind being used as currency.

trigger hurt
24-03-04, 03:57
Ok, so I ordered mine just now...I selected credit card payment option...but it didnt ask me for my credit card information...is this going to come later on?

Marx
24-03-04, 04:05
Originally posted by trigger hurt
Ok, so I ordered mine just now...I selected credit card payment option...but it didnt ask me for my credit card information...is this going to come later on?

Yep, 4 weeks before the release you'll get an e-mail which'll link you to the payment page.

Candaman
24-03-04, 05:14
lol 4 weeks before the *release date* so with nifty words this seems to be stearing us away from the fact of its 4 weeks before when? next month next yeah 2010?

Dribble Joy
24-03-04, 05:18
Well, at least things are moving forward at least.

Some more info and I think I will be pre-ordering soon.

Marx
24-03-04, 05:39
Originally posted by Candaman
lol 4 weeks before the *release date* so with nifty words this seems to be stearing us away from the fact of its 4 weeks before when? next month next yeah 2010?

Shhhhh!

:lol:

Delloda
24-03-04, 05:49
i started a new account 2 weeks ago....so from what i read on the preorder sheet ...that account CAN NOT be included in the upgrade? both my accounts are set on 6 month payment. :(

LaZyBoY
24-03-04, 07:47
I got a question my brother and i have our own acouts will the multiple accounts work if we have the same last names? please say it does or im going to cry o.O

deac
24-03-04, 09:24
how nice i got 4 accounts :)

Original monk
24-03-04, 09:45
Originally posted by HammerHedz
WTF is a EURO???

a euro is a dollar but it looks diffrent :P

olavski
24-03-04, 09:52
nice, one step closer ...

[CiX]Brad
24-03-04, 09:56
Originally posted by jernau
I still don't see a release date or any marketing or answers to the many serious concerns I (and others) have over where the game is going. If I don't have to pay or commit now then I'll fill in the form now but only on that basis.

Nice to see that old NC concept art in use. Much better than the old box IMO.

@Martin, any chance you could answer two more questions :

Do we get a month of play included in that price (as I assume/hope the boxes in shops will have)?

Do we put account names or codes into the boxes?

Thanks in advance and please, please, please give us some more info on in-game stuff we can look forward to.

My dad took a look at this because he is the one who pays for the subscription of my two accounts since I dont have a credit card, and he is unsure about the release date and whats actually happening. I would like to know these facts that jernau asked, also I would like to know if we get a discount because I scanned the pre-order page last night (rather tired) and didnt see it, also will I be able to upgrade or update my two accounts if I buy it form the shop.

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense, im a little confused by what I said tbh.

Thanks
Brad

Sheba
24-03-04, 10:53
Originally posted by Ren
OMG how crap is this offer?

It was promised free, for about 80 years, then they said we would have to pay (fair enough) but the offer is the worst in the galaxy.

10 Euro's Discount? it doesn't even say what for? the final product? the box? the account? a new account? a month free? thats crap, the box should come with 2 free months.. like upgrades do.

not the old "we try our best" but the deal is ultimatly crap.

I'm totally unimpressed by this, i expect so much more.

The KK hype machine needs a new hamster.

So 35$ is the discounted price if you have a account?
Considering all the issues yet to be resolved in the original, that's a high price to pay to be a beta tester!

US=.88
Euro=1.22

This is the current exchage rate as of this date...hope it does not go up between now and release could end up costing much as full version of a game!

Willisit
24-03-04, 11:07
Hmmm.... is all good news!

Still waiting for a bit though. Just because pre-order is available doesn't really mean anything. No release date?

I'll order anyways... :p

Candaman
24-03-04, 11:17
Originally posted by Delloda
i started a new account 2 weeks ago....so from what i read on the preorder sheet ...that account CAN NOT be included in the upgrade? both my accounts are set on 6 month payment. :(

Note: This upgrade version allows you to upgrade up to 4 Neocron accounts. It is only possible to upgrade accounts that have been actively running under your name for at least three months at release.

So it all depends on if they get BDOY out before 2months and 2 weeks time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

darknessfairy
24-03-04, 11:20
So what happens say if you bought an account from someone, i take it it means that it is from when they started it. So the clock doesnt start ticking from when you register it with your own name ?

Candaman
24-03-04, 11:22
well they won't be able to check when it changed over so yes i'd say it goes from when the account was started

phunqe
24-03-04, 12:31
1. NC is one of the cheapest MMORPG:s, and some have the nerve to imply that 20€ for the upgrade is steep?
I won't even bother to comment further on that matter...

2. Of course, if you sign up with different names you should not be able to upgrade all those accounts even if they are paid with the same credit card.
If you would really like to do that, then you'll have to sign all accounts up in the same name. But see, not many would do that since the person specified for all the accounts would then also be responsible for the accounts (what the characters do etc etc, ban situations et al).
If you sign up several accounts with different names, it's quite obvious that the accounts will not belong to one and the same physical person. Hence, they are treated like separate paying entities ans should be billed each for the upgrade accordingly.

notneo
24-03-04, 13:08
hehe mines ordered

Sheba
24-03-04, 13:35
Originally posted by phunqe
1. NC is one of the cheapest MMORPG:s, and some have the nerve to imply that 20€ for the upgrade is steep?
I won't even bother to comment further on that matter...

2. Of course, if you sign up with different names you should not be able to upgrade all those accounts even if they are paid with the same credit card.
If you would really like to do that, then you'll have to sign all accounts up in the same name. But see, not many would do that since the person specified for all the accounts would then also be responsible for the accounts (what the characters do etc etc, ban situations et al).
If you sign up several accounts with different names, it's quite obvious that the accounts will not belong to one and the same physical person. Hence, they are treated like separate paying entities ans should be billed each for the upgrade accordingly.

Anything more then 30$ US (20-23 euro) plus shipping is too much to pay for a expansion. Most expansions I have seen are 30$ or less. If this was a full game I would expect to pay more...but expansion's (imho) should not cost that much!

J. Folsom
24-03-04, 14:24
Originally posted by Sheba
Anything more then 30$ US (20-23 euro) plus shipping is too much to pay for a expansion. Most expansions I have seen are 30$ or less. If this was a full game I would expect to pay more...but expansion's (imho) should not cost that much! It's actually around normal price for European standards.

New games usually cost around €60 ($73), while expansions are around €30 ($36) mostly. Though I've seen them go up to €40 ($48) as well.

Darkborg
24-03-04, 14:33
err *cough*
i hope the fact that i forgot my middle name once when registering an account wont be an issue.

Patso
24-03-04, 14:59
Damn, I was thinking of getting a second account, but if I do, I don't want to be paying twice for DoY... I'll probably wait now and see what happens when it is released...

I'll just stick to my single account and upgrade that..

Myrlin
24-03-04, 15:19
FYI at the current exchange rates the expansion costs in US dollars:

$36.92 with a voucher for $12.33 off your NC payments.

I don't think $24 (36-12) sounds that bad for an expansion pack.

Hey Martin can you answer Jernau's questions or put a rush on posting the FAQ?

cRazy2003
24-03-04, 15:20
ordered :D

tkNukem
24-03-04, 15:25
god damn, you brits are price-gouged for everything from gasoline to PC games eh? ffs, the highest i've ever seen a game cost here was 60 USD, and that was the first few weeks release of Warcraft III (i would know cause i wuz stoopid and bought it at that lame price). most any other game, even the recent Knights of the Old Republic cost me 50 USD. as for expansions..well i dun recall how much i payed for them. i think the D2:LoD cost me around 50 USD..for the most part i dun buy exp packs.

NC RULEZ for bein so cheap i guess. will we have to pay the monthly subscription just as it's installed or do we get freeebiees?! cause i sure as hell don't want to pay um 25 USD x three accounts plus 36 USD for the upgrade of the three accounts.
that'd suck even more for deacon if this was the case HRHR!!

garyu69
24-03-04, 15:44
Originally posted by tkNukem
god damn, you brits are price-gouged for everything from gasoline We pay considerably more than you for petrol / diesel.
Most cases more than double :p

Candaman
24-03-04, 15:51
Originally posted by tkNukem
god damn, you brits are price-gouged for everything from gasoline to PC games eh? ffs, the highest i've ever seen a game cost here was 60 USD, and that was the first few weeks release of Warcraft III (i would know cause i wuz stoopid and bought it at that lame price). most any other game, even the recent Knights of the Old Republic cost me 50 USD. as for expansions..well i dun recall how much i payed for them. i think the D2:LoD cost me around 50 USD..for the most part i dun buy exp packs.

NC RULEZ for bein so cheap i guess. will we have to pay the monthly subscription just as it's installed or do we get freeebiees?! cause i sure as hell don't want to pay um 25 USD x three accounts plus 36 USD for the upgrade of the three accounts.
that'd suck even more for deacon if this was the case HRHR!!

Who's ur third char?

tkNukem
24-03-04, 16:47
i don't play him often which is why u prolly don't recognize him...but he's called delloda!!!! that's right, the very leader of ur clan is a tsu spy!!! rawrrrz0rrr!
anyway nah, he's .Nukem. :)

btw, i saw a news report about gasoline prices, specially over there in britland. no wonder ppl don't drive SUV's :) freakin 20 some gallon tanks..cost a fortune to fill em up and they get horrible mileage. OUCHIES!!

btw BDoY RULEZ!! (gotta keep this on topic somehow :) ) and start trolling like u were yesterday, MJS! 'twas very helpful! :D :angel:

dem0n
24-03-04, 17:18
For those which don't visit neocron.com

Pre-Order (https://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=preorder&file=index)

Overview (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)

Mighty Max
24-03-04, 17:19
You didnt see the sticky, did you ? :D

sw1tch
24-03-04, 17:20
the sticky at the top of the forum links to the pre order :p
and the pre order links to the overview :p

dem0n
24-03-04, 17:21
and those which don't look at sticky like me cause it doesn't change too much and always looks the same [long subjected and huge replied posts :)]

Celt
24-03-04, 17:23
Originally posted by J. Folsom
It's actually around normal price for European standards.

New games usually cost around €60 ($73), while expansions are around €30 ($36) mostly. Though I've seen them go up to €40 ($48) as well.
I get new games for €30-€40 from play.com, and from €40-€50 in shops.

Expansions around €10-€15 from play, and €20-€25 from retail outlets.

Thats for offline expansion packs, not expansion packs to a game you already pay a monthly fee for, and will continue to pay a monthly fee for.

Anyone who says it's cheap is a buffoon.

L0KI
24-03-04, 17:29
Actually, the most i have ever paid for an expansion is £10

Cyphor
24-03-04, 17:55
Most expansions cost about 19.99 - 29.99 in the uk, this includes online games. Most people see them cheaper though as expanisons fall in price alot faster than full games after they are released this is because once those who have the game have bought them there is alot less demand, the price shouldnt be compared with current prices for other exansions but more thier price on release...

MrChumble
24-03-04, 18:11
The thing about DoY is it's come along way since the original idea for it. It's almost Neocron2...I get the feeling that KK/10tacel are going to be marketing it as essentially a new game rather than an expansion. At least I hope they are, due to the excitement with CDV awareness of Neocron is pretty low, they're going to need a really good marketing push to overcome that.

I don't mind the price considering that DoY is make-or-break for neocron, but I do begrudge having to buy two copies to upgrade all my accounts.

Celt
24-03-04, 18:15
Originally posted by MrChumble
The thing about DoY is it's come along way since the original idea for it. It's almost Neocron2...
Yes, and DoY was free.

€60 for me to upgrade my two accounts is hardly free :rolleyes:

J. Folsom
24-03-04, 18:23
Originally posted by Celt
€60 for me to upgrade my two accounts is hardly free :rolleyes: It's €30 for two accounts. You can upgrade 4 accounts by just buying once.

Anyway, it's pretty cheap in comparison to prices where I live. i suppose that does differ from country to country...

Mr_Snow
24-03-04, 18:25
It's €30 for two accounts. You can upgrade 4 accounts by just buying once.

Anyway, it's pretty cheap in comparison to prices where I live. i suppose that does differ from country to country...

One is in my name and no its not cheap especially considering most of us have spend between 90 and 120 euro in the last year for the game and considering the continued promises of it being free we got until a few months ago.

XSuneX
24-03-04, 18:32

Darn both my accounts are only about 1 month old.

I guess I'll just keep one acct and get rid of the other, cuz I is poor. But this is my only fun. So I'll try and keep one.

Actualy i think I'll have to wait till it is actualy out. then buy it. I'm sure I can get over missing the first week or so of the BDoY play.

XSuneX
24-03-04, 18:40
Originally posted by Thanatos
Those of you with multiple accounts will be pleased to hear that one box of NC:BDOY will allow you to upgrade 4 existing NC accounts to DOY status.

Preorder Page (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=preorder&file=index)

That is if we had the accounts for at least three months at release.

It is only possible to upgrade accounts that have been actively running under your name for at least three months at release.

Celt
24-03-04, 19:45
Originally posted by XSuneX
That is if we had the accounts for at least three months at release.
And if all the accounts had the same name.

When I got two other accounts, I didnt bother changing the name, or the e-mail because they were friends a/c's who had quit.

Sheba
24-03-04, 20:25
It's €30 for two accounts. You can upgrade 4 accounts by just buying once.

Your right its a good deal if you have 2 or more accounts!
Stupid me was thinking the upgrade was for miltiple Characters. Never occured to me they were talking about actual accounts..."doh"!

BramTops
24-03-04, 20:34
Originally posted by Patso
Damn, I was thinking of getting a second account, but if I do, I don't want to be paying twice for DoY... I'll probably wait now and see what happens when it is released...

I'll just stick to my single account and upgrade that..

You can upgrade up to 4 accounts, so getting a second one shouldn't be a problem.

The "3 months active" thing is "at release date". Guess when DoY will be released.

Nothing is said about if you can upgrade up to 4 accounts when DoY has been released ( <-- I'd like some info about that).

Come to think of it... Why should ya pre-order now?
I'll pre-order when it's a week or so from release date.....

Myrlin
24-03-04, 20:36
Originally posted by Sheba
on the preorder page where it has the 4 boxes for your accounts, you are supposed to just put your character name there or the server?

You put in the account names, not the character names. Its whatever you type in at the login screen.

mr murb
24-03-04, 21:18
The box contains both Neocron and the expansion I assume.

Does that mean that if I have an existing account that I upgrade,
I then will have 2 accounts my existing one and a new one that came with the upgrade?
Assuming I get a new account with the upgrade, how long is the free game play time, a month, 6 weeks??
Do I get any free time on my existing account?
Or just the 10 euro voucher that I can use to pay for my monthly payment.

Tratos
24-03-04, 21:21
id imagine you wont get the old NC with it just DOY which will be a big ol patched up and changed NC on a CD :D

so we wont need to patch all of the 50 odd patches we have now :)

~Tratos

Sheba
24-03-04, 21:32
You put in the account names, not the character names. Its whatever you type in at the login screen.

thanks they even put that in the faq for dummies like me!

giga191
24-03-04, 23:34
is it essential to pre-order to get me a copy of DoY or is there enough DoYs to go around??

Dru Blood
24-03-04, 23:56
gives kk an extra cash boost when you order up front, helps them finance and hopefully release the game before schedule,

ive pre-ordered but i didnt see any payment pages, and yes there will be enough doy to go round since it will be available for download and also we should be sent a disc.

IceStorm
25-03-04, 03:18
Mmm... Preorders.

Ordered two. One for my three accounts, one for the friend's account I pay for. Updated all my billing info in WorldPay to match before preordering, so hopefully I won't get denied for having different CCs on the accounts prior to today.

I could've done all four on one pre-order, but I wanted to give my friend the box. :-)

tuxy
25-03-04, 05:23
i think the term preorder may have been mistranslated from german
that is not a preorder its notification of the preorder when this will be avilable is still unknown
gg kk

Martin J. Schwiezer
25-03-04, 05:38
Originally posted by tuxy
i think the term preorder may have been mistranslated from german
that is not a preorder its notification of the preorder when this will be avilable is still unknown
gg kk No... it actually is a FULL and legally binding pre-order. However, since there are still some important things which need to be decided upon and therefor cannot be announced at this point, you will get an opportunity to cancel your pre-order in case you're unhappy with things to come.

For this reason you will receive a confimation email 4 weeks before the release of the game. This email will give you the opportunity to cancel your order within 14 days.

You will also be asked for your payment details with the confirmation email. If you don't cancel _and_ if you don't give us your payment details, then your existing pay account will be charged.

If you're a new customer without a current account, then your order will be cancelled automatically.

Serpine
25-03-04, 07:26
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
No... it actually is a FULL and legally binding pre-order.
Can something be considered legally binding when there doesn't appear to be any verification that the order is being placed by the actual person involved? Does it actually even check to verify that the e-mail used matches up to the accounts specified? What if somebody changes e-mail in the interim?

In any case, I hope that since we are preordering there will be distribution directly from a United States location as well as the origin point. Shipping across the ocean would seem to be a little bit over the top unless there is a pretty sweet deal postage wise.

40$Poser
25-03-04, 07:31
everything looks good so far, but what I don't understand is how DoY is going to work smoothly, with a guarentee no chars will be deleted from active accounts or items will be lost. Then again I'm not a programer nor have any real knowledge about servers, as long as stuff isn't deleted from active accounts, things keep looking better and better.

L3m0n
25-03-04, 13:48
Originally posted by 40$Poser
everything looks good so far, but what I don't understand is how DoY is going to work smoothly, with a guarentee no chars will be deleted from active accounts or items will be lost. Then again I'm not a programer nor have any real knowledge about servers, as long as stuff isn't deleted from active accounts, things keep looking better and better.
yeh thats my main worry but i hope they will not and they keep saying that your chars will not get deleted but you never know...
its going to be a hard job coppying all that info across to DOY hope nothing goes rong and that they will have lots of safe gards in place :rolleyes:

IceStorm
25-03-04, 13:53
Heh. If I lose everything my main Pluto character has accumulated. I might as well stop playing. 18 months of work down the tubes doesn't sit well with me.

40$Poser
25-03-04, 17:37
Originally posted by L3m0n
yeh thats my main worry but i hope they will not and they keep saying that your chars will not get deleted but you never know...
its going to be a hard job coppying all that info across to DOY hope nothing goes rong and that they will have lots of safe gards in place :rolleyes:

What I'm thinking is the switch kind might be like this (though I could be and probably am horribly wrong)

Say you got a car that the frame is completely wrecked, but the engine and so forth is all good.

ok so the frame = the skins, graphics engine..so on

the engine and so forth = the server with the info on it.

You go and install a new frame over it, but it's still the same car engine wise. So all the data remains intacted, except for whatever non active accounts get deleted and so forth. That's just my guess, but an official answer might be better.

John Kreeger
25-03-04, 20:53
I guess this was a bad decision to get into neocron before DOY was released. I am hearing so many things that it is sounding real bad for me. I ordered two copies of neocron from online totaling 30 dollars. And I thought that was a good price including shipping. Now When I decided to buy neocron I was hearing the upgrade was for FREE! Now it has changed and I will be charged 36 dollars US for each of the accounts I created Plus shipping! How exactly is that FREE? And doesn't this violate some laws about oral representation fom the company and fraud. What my question is exactly is I bought it figuring the upgrade would bring the neocron universe upto par with existing games comming out and from what I was hearing from the company for free to continue to recieve my monthly fee, is this not some sort of bait and switch to get me to get into neocron then. And at a later point switch what was said, knowing half of the new world wouldn't be accessable if I didn't upgrade. not once but twice for each software package. I thought getting more content and bringing up the standard of the client was included in the monthly fee for the gamming service. Why is it that I have to pay more for something I am currently paying for that is riddled with bugs and quirks for you to fix? This isn't an expansion in my view but a fleecing of your community that supports you! And all for a upgrade to bring your system upto date with current games that offer more in stability and features for more then they are charging.
And you have guys out there saying I can't wait... Are they blinded by the hype? Oh yes they are some that will pay and enjoy paying extra for something that was promised for free and not even blink twice because they just want it sooo badly.
I think what will happen will be two casts of people out there playing. One set that just plays for fun and pays 9.95 month for the service with no new content being added without a new "Expansion". And another set out there that will pay without questioning anythin this company says because they want new stuff and features that were said to be "Free".
And to boot they will be seperated from each other by that "Expansion" Not bringing the two together because essentially they will be fundamentally different in all aspects client wise... If you think the current client isn't buggy enough then just wait for whats to come..

Clownst0pper
25-03-04, 21:09
I guess this was a bad decision to get into neocron before DOY was released. I am hearing so many things that it is sounding real bad for me. I ordered two copies of neocron from online totaling 30 dollars. And I thought that was a good price including shipping. Now When I decided to buy neocron I was hearing the upgrade was for FREE! Now it has changed and I will be charged 36 dollars US for each of the accounts I created Plus shipping! How exactly is that FREE? And doesn't this violate some laws about oral representation fom the company and fraud. What my question is exactly is I bought it figuring the upgrade would bring the neocron universe upto par with existing games comming out and from what I was hearing from the company for free to continue to recieve my monthly fee, is this not some sort of bait and switch to get me to get into neocron then. And at a later point switch what was said, knowing half of the new world wouldn't be accessable if I didn't upgrade. not once but twice for each software package. I thought getting more content and bringing up the standard of the client was included in the monthly fee for the gamming service. Why is it that I have to pay more for something I am currently paying for that is riddled with bugs and quirks for you to fix? This isn't an expansion in my view but a fleecing of your community that supports you! And all for a upgrade to bring your system upto date with current games that offer more in stability and features for more then they are charging.

A post count of 2 and he speaks more sense, and has said what everyone feels *claps*

Avery Bayne
25-03-04, 21:37
Well, I totally agree with the stability issues and not knowing what new bugs we will be faced with once the BDoY is released, but I kinda take acception with the cost thing.

You can upgrade 4 accounts with one BDOY subscription (with the pre-order), so you don’t have to get more than one BDoY to cover multiple accounts. The other thing is (and I certainly don’t think this gets KK off the hook for fixing shit or anything, but….) if you pay for the game in 3 month blocks, it works out to be about $8 a moth – one of the cheapest online games I currently play (and I play a lot of them).

Sure, I would agree with the rest of the community that lots of bugs that have gone unanswered for a long time (some are over a year old) is shitty. Sure, I too think that most of us would sacrifice some level of new content and “pretty extras” if
that meant more stability. Lack of new content kinda sucks, but if there are improvements in general game play, stability, and balance, I’ll wait for the extra’s.

John Kreeger
25-03-04, 21:50
As for the mention of you can upgrade multiple account... That is a no go here since I registered the accounts with different names because one is my girlfriends account and the other is mine even though I paid with the same card They are in different names so upgrading with one upgrade will be impossible under the strict guideline they (KK) has set forth.
So for your simple reply it is impossible for me to upgrade without buying two sets!
Also I didn't get into neocron but for 3 weeks ago so I guess in KK's mind I am not a valued customer since they will not be giving me a voucher!
If it comes down to it I will reluctantly quit. I did however beta test the game and thats where I originally fell for neocron. and just recently came back to the game as a paying customer only to find that it had the same bugs as in beta. Almost to the letter.
And if KK continues to do what they plan I will leave yet again and they will loose my business. Two more accounts lost. No biggie to me but to KK how many accounts are they going to loose in this matter. And with all the accounts being lost what service are the rest of the paying customers going to get?
If I was staying in I would be greatly concerned about those questions. Are you?

Martin J. Schwiezer
26-03-04, 01:06
New Upgrade/Purchase Model Announcement

Please continue your discussion here:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?threadid=95110

/closed