PDA

View Full Version : A little Ventrillo help

Doc Holliday
23-03-04, 18:39
Ok. Having a few small probs with vent. Anyone help me out on this it would be appreciated. The story goes: im using vent while im playing. push to talk is bound to a key. i hit it and the noise goes so i know i have lost my connection. the guys tell me they cant hear me but i can hear them. So i disconnect ready to reconnect. this is where it goes tits up. I cant physically close the program only quit the console. i can still see ventrillo.exe running in task manager. it basically crashes as it tries to quit. it will not allow another instance of ventrillo to run at the same time due to this but it wont physically quit either. I have tried closing it every fathomable way. The only way i have found so far is full reboot at powerswitch on the pc which i dont want to keep doing tbh. Im goin to email the guys at ventrillo.com if i can get an addy but i thought seeing how lots of clans accross all servers use it some technical people might be able to help. Answers of "Just use teamspeak Noob" wont help either guys ;)

Psyco Groupie
23-03-04, 18:43
must be another process other than vent.exe

Doc Holliday
23-03-04, 18:48
i only get this problem using vent groupie. i forgot to post this but i get a message reffering to a debugger or program is attempting to be debugged. A friend said it could be down to Win2k ( im using that instead of xp atm ) Also task manager wont allow me to close the vent.exe process either. it gives an odd message although off the top of my head i cant remember it.

Psyco Groupie
23-03-04, 18:57
ah . sounds nasty ... does vent have any driver options these days ?

Ozambabbaz
23-03-04, 19:05
client version and server version check?

Candaman
23-03-04, 19:11
try uninstalling and re installing vent make sure u download older version though money grabbing hoes want money for new version

Myrlin
23-03-04, 19:59
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
i only get this problem using vent groupie. i forgot to post this but i get a message reffering to a debugger or program is attempting to be debugged. A friend said it could be down to Win2k ( im using that instead of xp atm ) Also task manager wont allow me to close the vent.exe process either. it gives an odd message although off the top of my head i cant remember it.

Figuring out waht that error message is would be key to understanding why it won't exit.

Are you sure you're an admin on the machine? A managed user might not be allowed to kill a process.

Doc Holliday
23-03-04, 20:50
Latest version is the download. im not 100% certain myrlin on your question but yes it could be worth looking at. im gonna run it now to see if i can get the message up. will post back in a second.

Doc Holliday
23-03-04, 21:00
ok it wont show the debugger message straight away. it has to crash then not allow me to close it. i will try and post later if it fucks up. cheers for the help from all of u guys

XanX
24-03-04, 17:01
hiya doc dude, thought you quit???!?! O_o

Anyway, you runing the server service on the same machine you are using ventrilo on?? Are you running the latest version of the server aswell?? Just wondering if the service is causing the issues you are describing maybe.

If you pm me and give me your msn/icq/aim details, I'll add you and you can try FLUX's vent and see if you get the same problem.

Doc Holliday
26-03-04, 01:01
Lo xan. its not me who is hosting the server. i have nfi who that is. i jus access it all. its irregular when the error kicks in and everyone else said yeah jus disconnect and relog on to vent to fix it. its the latest version of the client. i might just email the guys at ventrillo.com to be honest but thanks for the offer. its appreciated.