PDA

View Full Version : neocron op wars made to look like nc op oral descussions in comparison to this

Rjn
23-03-04, 13:32
ok project entropia is a game i play wen nc gets to me and ill log from one to other to stop myself getting pissed with the games to much .

pe are emplementing there eqivelent of op wars but as its a new continent on the world its a land rush as first (easy u think) well your soc(soc on pe = clan on nc ) has to do a hell of alot to claim it take a look at the info we were given . makes nc op arguments seem like girly sqabbels
Virtually all the land on the continent will be up for grabs. Land areas vary in size up to the maximum, which is about 250 acres. The land is pristine and untamed, and you can not count on staying safe in any area of the new continent.
Get yourself prepared, because if the various new monsters and robots don’t get you, your fellow participants probably will!

The stakes are high. As the owner of a piece of land a society will be able to collect a fee from any hunter, miner or other resource gatherer active on their land. The fees may be set individually, in the range 0 to 10%, according to the will of the owning society. All revenue generated from the society-owned land will automatically be distributed between the society members.

The land owning societies will also in a later stage be given the opportunity to sell house-building lots to any Project Entropia participant. The lots available for sale will vary in number and size depending in the size of the land owned by the society

The preliminary rules and regulations of the land grab:

Any land area can be claimed by any functioning, non-pending, society. (Note that it takes seven days go get a society into a qualified state).
Any person within a society can claim a piece of land in the name of the whole society. The land is claimed by finding a “claim stake” for a certain piece of land. Click on the stake and follow the instructions presented.
The land has to be successfully defended for 12 consecutive hours before the ownership of the land is turned over to the society.
The land has to be successfully defended for 12 consecutive hours once again after each following six months period (Excluding any house building lots already sold. Meaning that an individual person is in possession of the house-building loot deed).
Defence of the land is achieved in the following manner: At least one member of the society will have to be alive and present within a radius of 30 meters from the stake at all times from when the land is claimed until the full 12 hours has elapsed. If all Society members have exited the radius, the stake will emit a warning signal (sound and light) for a period of 30 seconds. This is a grace period given, during which any living society member has to get inside the radius or the claim for the land will be lost and thus enabling another society, or the same society for that matter, to restart the land claiming process.
A single society may only have one piece of land within a claiming process at a time.
All Project Entropia participants eligible for participation in the land grab will be teleported to an individual random location on the new continent at a certain time on a certain day in the coming month of June. Exact time and date will be set and communicated some time before the ending of May.
If you die while on the new continent you will be teleported back to Eudoria (the first continent). You can then get back to a random location on the new continent through any teleport presently available.
To survive the hardships the new continent presents you will have to meet certain standards to participate. Before the time of the land grab your avatar must meet at least one of the criteria listed below. We communicate the set standards at this early date to give you lots of time to get in shape. Skill * Minimum Skill Rank/Level
Prospecting Beginner (lvl 260)
Color clothes Beginner (lvl 260)
Make clothes Beginner (lvl 260)
Surveying Beginner (lvl 260)
Concentration Qualified (lvl 1000)
Engineering Able (lvl 1400)
First Aid Able (lvl 1400)
Longblade Able (lvl 1400)
Handgun Capable (lvl 2000)
Shortblade Experienced (lvl 2400)
Powerfist Great (lvl 3000)
Rifle Great (lvl 3000)
*Note: All estate owners on Eudoria at the time when the land grab takes place, are automatically qualified to participate in the land grab, no matter what their skill levels may be.
The current rules are pending and are subject to change

Topcat1
23-03-04, 14:19
That´s some work ahead of u there if ur getting u some land matey. This game any fun?

Dade Murphey
23-03-04, 14:37
Originally posted by Topcat1
That´s some work ahead of u there if ur getting u some land matey. This game any fun?

I tried out PE a long long time ago...honestly can't remember how long it's been now...the idea behind it was rather neat...make real money after putting real money in...game was nice looking...well, I made my character...spawned in the world...was in the middle of a field nothing around but enemy creatures...I take off running...not xactly knowing where I was going...tried to see if I could pull a fist, to this day I still don't know if you can...hahah...got killed...wondered around as a ghost (kinda like in UO)...found a city...
And that was the last I saw of the game...was gone of my comp about 1 hr later...back to NC it was...

Archeus
23-03-04, 14:38
was there a point to the orginal post? It just looks like an advert for PE.

ezza
23-03-04, 14:41
Originally posted by Archeus
was there a point to the orginal post? It just looks like an advert for PE. i though it looked like an advert so didnt read it.

Omnituens
23-03-04, 14:45
i think it ment to compare NC and PE... but it turned into PE fanboi babble

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 14:59
I think RJN is suffering from grass is greener syndrome. :p

Rjn
23-03-04, 15:15
the post was to compair the tasks a clan in pe needs to do to gain and hold an op and that nc may benifte from some of there ideas they have mad it so your clan has to put alot of recorces into taking then defending the op which in turn will make clans only take ops they need as they will need to use do too much to hold multipal ops ext

Disturbed021
23-03-04, 22:31
Sounds kind of like a pretty good way of keeping things even between clans....too bad the game sucks tho :p

-FN-
23-03-04, 23:26
Originally posted by Archeus
was there a point to the orginal post? It just looks like an advert for PE.

From 'girly squabble' down it's copied from somewhere, probably PE's website. rjn doesn't use the capital case ;)