PDA

View Full Version : Tonight NC taught me about a little thing called prejudice, and a good life lesson...

NS_CHROME54
23-03-04, 07:11
Today i learned how prejudiced i can be.

Yes this story relates to Cartel.

Today i was mainly just chillin in NC, doin some trading and chatting. On the trade channel was the usual "WTB/WTT" talk, mixed in with an ever increasing amount of this:

(Player 1): I HATE CARTEL!!
(Player 2): STFU U NIB
(Player 1): FUCK YOU, N00B KILLING BITCH!!
(Player 2): USE YOUR DAMN LE NUB

:rolleyes:

Me, some others, and a few members of cartel were arguing about carebears. One person in particular, who shall be known as "Ned," henceforth, told me how he thought i was a carebear. And I am, honestly. The thing that struck my curiousity though was that he was calling me "chrome," not "Xaios," who is the character i was playing.

Not many people know that Chrome54 and Xaios are my main characters, so I asked him how he knew who i was. Ned replied that he was once in FA with chrome, and had seen me around. When he heard me spew out "Sombrero Tank 0wnage" on the trade channel a few weeks earlier, I guess he figured out who i was. We talked for a little, then I told him:

"You know i've always been a carebear, i didn't just recently become one."

"Ned" then continued to tell me his views on gameplay and cartel politics. They were really quite peaceful 8|. He told me how he, unlike some other members of cartel who shall also remain nameless (you all know who you are), doesn't believe in pking noobs and pking without a reason. he also told me how he thought cartel should essentially "give up" some ops for the sake of making saturn a happier place.

This was when i realized that I had lumped all cartel into the group of "noob pking bitch motherfuckers," when i know now that it isn't so. I understand now how the prejudices built by the game managed to seep into real life and fuel my hate and disdain.

"Ned," I owe you my thanks for showing me how vile I had become. I was hateful and full of wrath, which is worse then being a "noob pking bitch motherfucker."

I still know that there are members of cartel who really are assholes, but now i know never to judge anyone on one criteria alone.

I hope you got something out of reading this. thx for doing so.

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 07:34
And now a word from Dr. Phil...........

:p

That was a nice little story. Hehe.

amfest
23-03-04, 07:39
yea I've noticed alot of personal hate which is umm . .i don't know . . lol. I'm friends with all sorts of people in game. The law abiding citizen. The murderes and such. Anger Rises fast lots of times and I understand that when you know a reputation for a clan you have to be wary if you see them around but keep in mind that if unless they are overly rude to you and outright bastards then there is no reason to hate them just because of a clan tag that has a bad reputation for being really hated. Some people are too quick to judge but doesn't that happen in society also. I got it alot just for wearing black all the time and having my hair long. I also didn't talk much and as everyone said never smiled. Fact was .. I was very shy and my normal facial expersion is sorta in the frown position .. lol. Didn't talk much cause I was always in thought about some book I was reading, thinking up poetry or playing out a song I was currently writting over and over in my head :)

You spread the hate .. then everyone feels it and spreads it also. Gotta have some clear headed good guys too :P Remember your fellow hated PvPrs are human too ... well some are anyhow :p

Biznatchy
23-03-04, 07:48
how do you feel about the fact your friend "Ned" makes weps or in other ways supports the as you call them "noob pking bitch motherfuckers." So in reality he stabbed you in the back with the rest of cartel.

The rep for cartel didnt just make itself they earned it. Your buddy helped them earn it. Wear the clan tag wear the actions of the clan.

NS_CHROME54
23-03-04, 08:07
Originally posted by Biznatchy
how do you feel about the fact your friend "Ned" makes weps or in other ways supports the as you call them "noob pking bitch motherfuckers." So in reality he stabbed you in the back with the rest of cartel.

The rep for cartel didnt just make itself they earned it. Your buddy helped them earn it. Wear the clan tag wear the actions of the clan.

biz that isn't the point. the point was that i realized how prejudiced and hateful i was.

Shujin
23-03-04, 08:08
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
biz that isn't the point. the point was that i realized how prejudiced and hateful i was. you hateful hateful beast of a man

System
23-03-04, 08:29
I know most the cartel and been in a clan with them before cartel was thought of. Most of them are cool but some are come complete asses (example: h***y,). Yea I think they need to give up some OPs to other factions because they have most the skilled players on that server. But w/e i dont care about OPs anymore its just to damn frustrating at this point to give a rats ass.

Invertigo
23-03-04, 08:32
"Ned" then continued to tell me his views on gameplay and cartel politics. They were really quite peaceful . He told me how he, unlike some other members of cartel who shall also remain nameless (you all know who you are), doesn't believe in pking noobs and pking without a reason.

bull

shit

lies.

my friend, who has not played neocron in almost 6-7 months, comes back to the game...hes trying to level his tank fast as possible so he can play alongside with us... his SECOND day back, he is getting constanyly PKed by cartel at CRP.

a) his rank is like around 30...
b) he is ALLIED to black dragon, proto
c) he is clanless
d) ITS HIS SECOND DAY BACK

when asked WHY they felt the need to kill him, we were responded to with a "he pked a clan member earlier and now is kos" answer.

i for one, have not done a single thing to cartel to make them do the things they do to me :wtf: :lol:

ive never PKed them, i never insult them...etc...hell im even in an allied faction...but they just got this urge to kill everyone they see thats not in there clan... its getting to the point to where i dont even try to run, let alone fight back...i rarely rarely rarely even shoot back at them once i start getting shot.. i just stand still and die while i say to myself"...fuck this game...fuck it up the ass..." and will generally log off...

cartel will say many things to try and make excuses, but theyll never admit that there just a straight PK clan whos only intrest in this game is to completly ruin things for other runners, cause people to cancle accounts (and thats no bs...my friend did cancle his account just from the whol cartel thing and keeps telling me he isnt going to renew it untill cartel is either dead, or completely changes) and just treat people who only want to level up to be able to compete in PVP like shit, and act like OMG ive been in BD for 7 months, i was never able to go no where before cartel, blah blah...

me and my freinds have always been in factions that dont hardly own shit... city mercs, protopharm, tsunami, biotech....etc...

so anyways...im prepared to get flamed by cartels who think im completely wrong (when im not:p ) and make excuses about why they do the things they do... so.../rant 0

Mr Friendly
23-03-04, 08:35
[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

NS_CHROME54
23-03-04, 08:45
the politics and style of play of cartel isn't the point of the thread. i'm pointing to something a little more basic here.

gostly
23-03-04, 08:45
ive never PKed them, i never insult them...etc...hell im even in an allied faction...but they just got this urge to kill everyone they see thats not in there clan... its getting to the point to where i dont even try to run, let alone fight back...i rarely rarely rarely even shoot back at them once i start getting shot.. i just stand still and die while i say to myself"...fuck this game...fuck it up the ass..." and will generally log off...

that is sooo not true...we kill each other all the time...[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

Invertigo
23-03-04, 08:52
Originally posted by gostly
that is sooo not true...we kill each other all the time...[edited for consistancy]

here is an example...

10:00 - log on
10:02 - after relogging 5 times i GR to crp
10:02 - run to gogo to get some boosters
10:03 - turn around, APU/TANK/PPU staring at me
10:03 - "hey guys whats up"
10:03 - parashocked/damage boosted, HL/CSed to death
10:04 - log off
10:05 - start planetside

Bl@zed
23-03-04, 08:56
anyone but blood titans and templars are kos to us for some passed events at op fights (allied factions killing us and helping the enemy). They did that before we even tried to kill them. So everyone is KoS besides the two allied clans, case closed.

Invertigo
23-03-04, 08:57
Originally posted by Bl@zed
anyone but blood titans and templars are kos to us for some passed events at op fights (allied factions killing us and helping the enemy). They did that before we even tried to kill them. So everyone is KoS besides the two allied clans, case closed.

then what chrome said is completely wrong? which was my point?

kthx:p

edit: btw ghost ur like the only guy i like in cartel, and devils grace...although he hates me and i dunno why:rolleyes:

oh and for the OP fights, ive helped you in a couple fights at crp... even though u mighta not known it, but i have...and things like this is what makes me wonder why i just get ganked all the time...

40$Poser
23-03-04, 09:07
Originally posted by Biznatchy

I'll be honest, ned = me.

100% of what chrome said is what I believe, but I can't dictate the clan. I'm a member of it, a high ranking one at that. I have my own views, other people have theirs. I try to have fun, something people seem to forget about, while playing this game. To be honest cartel has been the most interesting clan I've been in. If it wasn't for all the cool people in the clan I'd probably not been playing this game anymore.

People can think what they want of me, don't trust me if you don't want to. I could care less. For those who listen to me and act mature, they'll realize I'm probably the most honest person in neocron around. Not everyone in cartel is pk youz ownz0red hahaha I ganked your 0/3 have a nice day.

People do make cartel out to be god aweful people, when actually cartel isn't as bad as they may seem. There's a lot of cool people in cartel, that would like to see Saturn remain a great server and be interesting. Though how might you act day in and day out when all you ever see on trade is 'Cartel are ******...' and so forth? You expect some people not to give a shit when stuff like that is said over and over?

Lucky me, I can shrug it off. I don't take neocron seriously because it's a game, something most people seem to often forget.

Invertigo
23-03-04, 09:23
Originally posted by 40$Poser

People do make cartel out to be god aweful people, when actually cartel isn't as bad as they may seem. There's a lot of cool people in cartel, that would like to see Saturn remain a great server and be interesting. Though how might you act day in and day out when all you ever see on trade is 'Cartel are ******...' and so forth? You expect some people not to give a shit when stuff like that is said over and over?

i thought the same thinig, untill i was ganked by almost every single member of the clan for no reason...o_O

Cubico
23-03-04, 09:23
Hi,

I think players hate/dont like some clans because of their behavior.

Painting the world map in one color is not the main goal in the game. Once you have learned this you will laught about small minded people who still do this. Such clans get exactly the members and game experience they deserve.

Regarding PvP, the game is about to have good fights. There is no reason to show any respect to a clan who is not able to see this or try to involve such a clan into the game. Killing newbies for example has nothing to do with a good fight, but it says a lot about the player and the clan.

A clan leader who cannot control his clan is not a good leader. Imagine such a player then wants to dominate the "server politics" also. He will fail here, too, because he already showed he is not able to see things from a different view. At the end he is only a leader of a clan of winning faction joiners. But he probably still thinks he owns or something other stupid.

Shujin
23-03-04, 09:25
Originally posted by Cubico
Hi,

Painting the world map in one color is not the main goal in the game. Once you have learned this you will laught about small minded people who still do this. Such clans get exactly the members and game experience they deserve.

Regarding PvP, the game is about to have good fights. There is no reason to show any respect to a clan who is not able to see this or try to involve such a clan into the game. Killing newbies for example has nothing to do with a good fight, but it says a lot about the player and the clan.

A clan leader who cannot control his clan is not a good leader. Imagine such a player then wants to dominate the "server politics" also. He will fail here, too, because he already showed he is not able to see things from a different view. At the end he is only a leader of a clan of winning faction joiners. But he probably still thinks he owns or something other stupid.

very true ;o

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 09:45
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
the politics and style of play of cartel isn't the point of the thread. i'm pointing to something a little more basic here.

You did mention them though. You should have just said "an unnamed clan" :p

Hi,

Exactly.

Opar
23-03-04, 09:57
To be honest, sure, the needless slaying of newbies is annoying, but it happens to everyone.

But what is MORE annoying, is the fact that NO ONE except BD can level ANYWHERE on the map, nor can they do their epics without trailing for hours to get to where they want to be.

Painting a World Map one colour doesnt show how powerful a clan is, what they do inside the OPs during battles is what counts.

Original monk
23-03-04, 10:08
i aint responding here: i know that they trip on attention anyways ... so i aint giving em any

btw: KEEP IT INGAME

this is a real catchy story and all but:

KEEP IT INGAME

some way or another cartels like to talk about emselves, there mates, there op's :rolleyes:, there adventures INGAME etc on the forums ...

why dont they keep it INGAME ?

g0rt
23-03-04, 10:14
A clan leader who cannot control his clan is not a good leader.

God I get so much of this shit. This incident, members of my clan were scamming random people on trade. People looked at me to do something about it.

What?

Am I thier father? Am I supposed to give them a spanking and tell them not to scam anymore? No ill laugh at the fact that they made millions of NC when they tell me about it on TS.

Its bullshit. Theres a line of people that take more control then others in the clan, but im not playing the game to babysit anyone, its that simple...ill invite who I feel are the best players on saturn, and ill let them do whatever the fuck they want. They want to kill some allied dude fine go ahead, ill deal with the dm's and mails and if the guys annoying he goes on ignore its that simple.

Clans fail because leaders are too overbearing, bitching people out and trying to tell everyone what to do. Never gonna happen in this case, because my members are free to do as they please and if anyone doesn't like it they can feel free to DM my favorite public relation clanmates...devils grace and kimmy g.

Have fun.

oh and @original, stop trolling...no ones forcing you to read this or post here tbh

Psyco Groupie
23-03-04, 10:19
you mean you dont make them call you 'The Godfather' on TS too ? :lol:

Original monk
23-03-04, 10:21
Originally posted by g0rt
oh and @original, stop trolling...no ones forcing you to read this or post here tbh

[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

g0rt
23-03-04, 10:23
Originally posted by Original monk
edited for consistancy

stop trolling pls :D

the mods will say keep it in game if they want to, you aren't a mod so spare it.

Original monk
23-03-04, 10:28
stop trolling pls :D

the mods will say keep it in game if they want to, you aren't a mod so spare it.

if you like you can report me again for trolling g0rt ... and as soon as i get a PM from an official i will relax :)

untill then i honestly say my opinion and that is: all these fake threads are yust excuses to start again about the situation how it is on saturn .. like the "powershift on saturn thread".

and i dont like that.

and im no GM .. but still i say that ya better keep this ingame

[ Edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

g0rt
23-03-04, 10:31
Originally posted by Original monk
if you like you can report me again for trolling g0rt ... and as soon as i get a PM from an official i will relax :)

untill then i honestly say my opinion and that is: all these fake threads are yust excuses to start again about the situation how it is on saturn .. like the "powershift on saturn thread".

and i dont like that.

and im no GM .. but still i say that ya better keep this ingame

go kill some noobs g0rt and go feel better on how much ya "owned" em ...

im one edit away from a ban so im not gonna flame back im just gonna report you ;d

either way, stop venting....no matter how many times you got killed its just a game, vent somewhere else :D

and i cant help if the whole server is noob, i gotta kill someone :(

Cubico
23-03-04, 11:03
Hi g0rt,

its seems you are that clan leader? I dont play on Saturn, therefore I dont know.

<<Its bullshit. Theres a line of people that take more control then others in the clan, but im not playing the game to babysit anyone, its that simple...ill invite who I feel are the best players on saturn, and ill let them do whatever the fuck they want.>>

Then you are just a group of inordinate individuals.
Thats ok as its not other peoples problems. Their problem is that such a group can steal most other players their fun.

It seems that you dont want to take the responsibility of what you are doing. How is this called in your language? Anti-social?

g0rt
23-03-04, 11:07
It seems that you dont want to take the responsibility of what you are doing. How is this called in your language? Anti-social?

Oh ill take responsability, I just don't care. Know what I mean? Like my clanmates kill an allied player....ill take responsability for that, actually FULL responsability, its on my head right? But you can't ask me to give a crap...cuz I wont.

Im like one of those parents. You know the ones that don't give a shit about thier kids and let them do thatever the hell they want. Sure its the parents responsability to ensure the kid gets to school, and if the kid skips, teh school will call the parents...but the school can't make the parents give a shit.

Its just like that, only in this case im not screwing kids up doing it :p Just having fun thats all. People can DM/mail me all day ingame and ill deal with it if i feel like it, or i might just ignore the dm or delete the mail, or put them on ignore all together if its really annoying or a bad time.

;)

Kasumi
23-03-04, 11:15
Oh ill take responsability, I just don't care. Know what I mean? Like my clanmates kill an allied player....ill take responsability for that, actually FULL responsability, its on my head right? But you can't ask me to give a crap...cuz I wont.

Im like one of those parents. You know the ones that don't give a shit about thier kids and let them do thatever the hell they want. Sure its the parents responsability to ensure the kid gets to school, and if the kid skips, teh school will call the parents...but the school can't make the parents give a shit.

Its just like that, only in this case im not screwing kids up doing it :p Just having fun thats all. People can DM/mail me all day ingame and ill deal with it if i feel like it, or i might just ignore the dm or delete the mail, or put them on ignore all together if its really annoying or a bad time.

;)

That sounds like a bad clan leader in my opinion! You seem to enjoy taking away from other peoples gameplay and fun you dont thinkt hat turns them away from not wanting to continue playing the game??? Let me qoute you on something..^_^

Because unlike most people, I want to see this game succeed...not have 40 players online at off hours.

But letting you clan run rampent and kill whoever they want and cause grief turns many people away.. Posted by someone in this thread earlier.. Oh well I guess the statement above isnt true.. :)

g0rt
23-03-04, 11:20
Originally posted by Kasumi

But letting you clan run rampent and kill whoever they want and cause grief turns many people away.. Posted by someone in this thread earlier.. Oh well I guess the statement above isnt true.. :)

As I said, im not a babysitter. Personally, I will try and make the game succeed. But I will not boss other people around and tell them what to do. Understand?

Just because I choose not to kill unclanned runners under /50 at the MB bunker doens't mean im gonna tell vet not to. Just because I don't run into the aggy pit and barrel the noobs doesn't mean im gonna tell harry. not to. Just because I don't spam trade and flame noobs doesn't mean im gonna tell devils grace not to.

Look at it how you want. We are currently the strongest clan in the game, I mean do a search for best <enter class here> on saturn threads and read who gets the votes....9/10 of them will be in cartel. The reason the clan stays afloat is because its loaded with big ego, power-driven players that wanna do what the hell they want, when they want, where they want..and they left thier previous clans because htey COULDN'T DO THAT. So why would I take that away from them? Look at the new templar recruits we got, eledh, gestra, apoc, vortex, dark...some of hte best players on saturn, and they left templars because they didn't want to be bossed around by castoff. So what am I gonna do now, boss them around myself and make them leave my clan too? Negative captain, its a free world....cartel is a free clan. You get in, you show up at op fights, and the rest is up to the players....

And if you think my leadership ways dont work, take alook at the map...kthxbye.

Original monk
23-03-04, 11:27
im one edit away from a ban so im not gonna flame back im just gonna report you ;d

either way, stop venting....no matter how many times you got killed its just a game, vent somewhere else :D

and i cant help if the whole server is noob, i gotta kill someone :(

ok ic, wel then i aint gonna push ya :) and yeah i heard something about you guys being bad on the forum and odin being mad at ya, :-O

and go ahead report me ... then i have exactly 2 reports on 2 years ... both from you lol, how ya guys say it ? owyeah: nuff said ..

and you can order me to stop all ya want day in day out ... not like i gonna listen or start caring or anything :P what ya gonna do: KOS me ? rofl: i been talking with you in person this weekend at crp g0rt ... you didnt even knew who i was :)

+ ya make it sound that im whining on ya guys cause one of ya may have killed me ... hehe ... nah ... i whining on ya guys cause you have to big ego's for the to small shwanzy's ya have hanging there ... with other words: to much hollywood imo..

and yeah, im used to getting killed by now rofl ... after being PKed a million times in my neocronlife (weapon i been PKed the most with in my life is a phosphor streetrifle lol) ... and after dieing from bugs 5million times im getting used to it by now yeah ... luckely im self-suficient :)

anyways, enjoy posting and playing ... on the ways you like it most and i must say there is a ground of truth in youre last phrase :)

laterz

L3m0n
23-03-04, 13:04
cartel will say many things to try and make excuses
no we wont cos we dont have to, if we dont like the look of you, you best start runnin. nuff said
and guys zone is one of the best clan leaders i and most (if not all) of cartel have had, he just lets us get on with what ever we want to do, tells us just not to PK 1 or 2 clans and allways turn up to an OP war. Everything else is fair game. and as he said hes not our dad so why going crying to him when you get PKed? :rolleyes: see nibs before.....
IMO i think your all Jealous of cartel, our little family cos realy thats what it is and there is no other clan like it in this game
so gg no re :p

Kasumi
23-03-04, 13:16
Originally posted by L3m0n
no we wont cos we dont have to, if we dont like the look of you, you best start runnin. nuff said
and guys zone is one of the best clan leaders i and most (if not all) of cartel have had, he just lets us get on with what ever we want to do, tells us just not to PK 1 or 2 clans and allways turn up to an OP war. Everything else is fair game. and as he said hes not our dad so why going crying to him when you get PKed? :rolleyes: see nibs before.....
IMO i think your all Jealous of cartel, our little family cos realy thats what it is and there is no other clan like it in this game

You mean a clan that scares off new players because the leader lacks any control over its clan? Why would we be jealous of that??
Or a clan that plays Neocron like it is planetside.. Your clans ego is bigger than americas ego.. I dont think anyone cares about your clan honestly.. Most people probably HATE your clan because of how you people act..

ezza
23-03-04, 13:26
say what you will about cartel, but having been in the clan with them for hmm 4 or 5 months, i can say there a good bunch, happy to fight with them anyday(except for kimmyg droner who killed me with red SL:p ) if cartel didnt own the whole server people would have much of an issue with its members, but cos they have the server in the palm of there hands everyone just whines about them and try to make out there these bug bad evil mofos(which they are but thats not the point:p )

all im gonna say it cartel>joo all

nuff said

always guarentee that original will be waiting in the wings for a good cartel bash;)

Original monk
23-03-04, 13:31

everyone is jealous on cartel because they are the most respected clan on saturn, everyone likes cartel ... thats cause they have the best players off the whole server, not only the most skilled ones but also the most kind ones. everyone's friend they call it.

also the newcommers on saturn ... aka "the nibs/noobs/newbies" ... only have positive comments on the clan ... they like the way cartel helps em by securing the genreps for big bad PKers and helping em level up in the caves.

the fact that they prefer talking and making allies/friends instead of using brutal force, domination, egotripping, threatening people and whining on the forums on how good and smart they are themselves makes them very loved, respected and popular at the whole neocron community.

if this all wasnt enough cartel participates in charity ... by helping noobs out in giving them precious items so they can start up decently.

the nice, intelligent, decent, well tought over reactions they give to the community to explain the goals of the clans add alot to the human aspect of the clan .. atleast they dont use intimidation, swearing, threathning and filthy talk to cummunicate with the rest of the server they play on: saturn

added to all this the clan is also succesfull: showing the fact that they own alot of very valuable OP's on the server ... and as described in a post above this means that they have a very succesfull beloved leader (quote:"leadership ways dont work, take alook at the map...kthxbye")

yeah, what can i say: isnt it nice to have a family that you can build on and that you can trust ?

now i see why people are jealous: i wish i had such friends also who i can call my family.

Now to end my post i would like to say that i am very proud to have the honour of playing on the saturn server, with all these great chaps who are always in for a nice chat and for some real roleplaying.

Friends, fun, family: isnt that where this game is all about ?

;)

L0KI
23-03-04, 13:31
I played saturn briefly, after Ezza and co. managed to sell it to me over the forums ;)

My first day, i was killed 4 times by Cartel.

Then flamed.

Then killed more.

Then flamed more.

I never logged in again.
(I was a ran 20 CA, so that probably didnt help matters)

I dont mind being PKd - because i know i could have killed EVERY LAST ONE of the Cartel guys that ganked me as a noob. I refuse to play on a server that has more flames on trades than actual trades.
imo (and only my opinion) Cartel have ruined the server.

Power corrupts.

Oh yeah, and flame away Cartel :D

I can take it ;)

L3m0n
23-03-04, 13:32
Originally posted by Kasumi
You mean a clan that scares off new players because the leader lacks any control over its clan? Why would we be jealous of that??
Or a clan that plays Neocron like it is planetside.. Your clans ego is bigger than americas ego.. I dont think anyone cares about your clan honestly.. Most people probably HATE your clan because of how you people act..
first off CRP/Cycrow is our OP not a public levelin spot so we can kill who ever we want in there, 2nd what was a rank 30 doing in the caves? :rolleyes: and good i hope most if not all of the server h8s us cos do we look like we give a shit? lol no
if anything we are the only clan atm who is RPing, black dragon are thugs, bullys and people you can not trust. i think we live up to that very well? :D

Mr_Snow
23-03-04, 13:33
G0rt you say you want to see neocron succeed but the cartels sort of fighting drives people from the game, I have a friend who played on saturn but basically got bored of the constant zerging by cartel templars and blood titans.

If people get bored the leave

If they dont get fun OP fights they leave

If they get constantly pked and abused as a newb they leave

if they get scammed out of all their shit they leave

So explain to me how your trying to help neocron succeed as a game by letting a clan of muppets run around acting the prick on the second largest server?

robdekoning
23-03-04, 13:41
Cartel has lots of cool people in it but some people like h***y make cartel look bad, shame

MrChumble
23-03-04, 13:49
but i do know that carebears are the best to pk...cuz they'll talk the most shit ever...

I almost died laughing at the irony of that.

showing no resistance at all towards a pk'er is just lame...you're a classified carebear and deserve to get pk'ed :lol:

they talk hard and play soft...

Actually I talk little and play hard :p With a few exceptions I don't feel any need to flame other peoples play style. I suggest you read this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-03-19) as it pretty much sums up my feelings on PKers who go after noobs and/or ignore faction allegiances. It's for UT2k4, but applies equally well to NC.

Topcat1
23-03-04, 13:53
Now I been watching the thread, of course it had to end with accusations etc, when the thread started as a rare thing, a guy admitting his prejudice etc. That said on to what I wanted to say.

Iīve just started playing on saturnī, having been a pluto guy all along. I started playing in December 2002 sometime, so I been around a while, even if I have had my breaks from the game. And conditions on Saturn seem alright, except for one thing. People keep bitching about this cartel.

Ok they a strong clan, Iīve gathered thatī
Ok they are Rampant PKs
Ok they kill noobs

Itīs allowed, itīs part of the game. Iīve done it myself at times,and Iīve been against it at times. Now what I cannot understand is the people who think they are gonna change a clans, or players, style of play just by bitching at them? Who do ya think u are, the karma police or something. If u truly have this much against the clan and the players, tell u what u do, u use the time u spend nagging and bitching and trolling, and use it to lvl, get urself good equipment, some PvP training, and then, wonder over wonders, U ACTUALLY START FIGHTING BACK IN GAME . Thatīs the only way u can stop them, keep them from killing, and reduce their so called overgrown ego.

This is what I intend to do. Not that I have anything against cartel, just that they seem to get too little resistance.

Ok guys, I gave u the solution to the problem, itīs up to you to do it, to show your true colors, not just wave ur wimpy little white flag around.

L3m0n
23-03-04, 13:55
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
bored of the constant zerging by cartel templars and blood titans.
zerging? :rolleyes: yes 15 guys is a zerg to their 20+ Mr snow how can you comment on this if you dont even play on saturn and have never been to any OP wars against Cartel?
lol a love it when people who "hear" from a m8 that cartel zerg :p

WebShock
23-03-04, 13:56
OMG this thread is so funny rofl.

zone pwned all of you whiners. nuff said.

If cartel is so bad why isnt anyone doing anything about it and just sitting here whining about it on the forums? If New Dawn got beat why not try to do the same to cartel?

MrChumble
23-03-04, 13:59
Originally posted by Topcat1
Ok guys, I gave u the solution to the problem, itīs up to you to do it, to show your true colors, not just wave ur wimpy little white flag around.

That's not a solution, it's a fairy tale fantasy (a nice one though ;)). Until DoY comes out and we get a decent sized player base on the servers (and heaven forbid a sensible faction and OP system) mega-clans like Cartel will continue to dominate. You can't organise and mount a resistance with 1/3 numbers, it just plain doesn't work. You might take a few ops, but eventually you gotta go to bed and when you come back the next morning...no prizes for guessing how many OPs you still hold.

L3m0n
23-03-04, 14:05
Originally posted by MrChumble
You can't organise and mount a resistance with 1/3 numbers, it just plain doesn't work.
:rolleyes: right i dont get where your all gettin these massive numbers from? yes we have 140+ in clan but only about 25 are active the others are mostly alts. in most if not all OP wars the people fighting us have allways had more people its a fact, imo all you guys need to go to the Shooting Range :lol:

Topcat1
23-03-04, 14:07
Originally posted by MrChumble
That's not a solution, it's a fairy tale fantasy (a nice one though ;)). Until DoY comes out and we get a decent sized player base on the servers (and heaven forbid a sensible faction and OP system) mega-clans like Cartel will continue to dominate. You can't organise and mount a resistance with 1/3 numbers, it just plain doesn't work. You might take a few ops, but eventually you gotta go to bed and when you come back the next morning...no prizes for guessing how many OPs you still hold.

So what if they ninja hack the ops when Iīm not on. U know what that means? It means I get all the fun of getting them back again, and that just the day after I had great fun taking ops from them.

As for their numbers, ok they probably will have more players, I can admit to that, so they can possibly zerg me (dunno their tactics yet) but after all, maybe they want a nice fair fight, with even opposing teams, just to show their skill? Takes very little skill just to zerg with 3.4 ppus up ur asses. If they come in with 3 times my numbers, hell Iīll lose, I ainīt that good. But maybe then Iīll ask them if they want a fight with even teams, and if that doesnīt work Iīll have to organize multiple attacks, so they either have to split up their fighting force, or lose OPs because they concentrate on getting one OP back at the time. Either way it would give us an advantage.

I donīt see why u insist on giving up, when there is alot u can do about it.

Candaman
23-03-04, 14:09
I don't play saturn never have properly and reading this i doubt i ever will. It sounds to me though like cartel are destroying the moral of everyone not allied to them which is pretty much everyone and that is not a good thing for a game. A game should be fun and a challenge and being ganked multiple times by cartel even when low rank even when not clanned is disgusting.

Imagine a brand new player to the game decides to start saturn gets repeatedly killed by u guys and then people wonder y server populations are low. The job of everyone is to have fun in this "GAME" but u also have to respect other peoples ability to have fun.

And from the sound of this u are justifying ur noob ganking clanless ganking and general greifing by saying we are RP'ing thugs which is pure bs imo

Mr_Snow
23-03-04, 14:12
zerging? :rolleyes: yes 15 guys is a zerg to their 20+ Mr snow how can you comment on this if you dont even play on saturn and have never been to any OP wars against Cartel?
lol a love it when people who "hear" from a m8 that cartel zerg :p

Did I say anything about zerging at OP Ive been at canyon raids where cartel raided with over 20 of you zerged like 5 or 6 people and I stood around as a 0/2 being screamed at to remove my LE and I know if I had taken it out I would of been killed laughed at and told to put it back in.

I also loved the comment by one of your ppus when I commented on how I thought TG guards would of done as much damage as other faction guards that they do and its just that he was uber.

El_MUERkO
23-03-04, 14:12
Another post disintegrates into an 'everyone hates cartel' post, well I dont see anyone doing about it in game, why do you let them have OPs when a 3 man stealth spy team can keep half the clan running around a zone indefinitely, why do you let them level at CRP, Emmerson, El Farid or any of the good leveling spots when you have quick access to those areas. Go there and kill them, sex their corpses and spam them on trade, I'm making a PE on saturn which I swore I wouldnt do just to drive them nuts, kill a few then disappear, hack a layer, then disappear, do everything to them that they do to everyone else.

Most importantly from now on I'm going to keep it in game cause this crap on the forums achieves nothing.

L3m0n
23-03-04, 14:21
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Another post disintegrates into an 'everyone hates cartel' post, well I dont see anyone doing about it in game, why do you let them have OPs when a 3 man stealth spy team can keep half the clan running around a zone indefinitely, why do you let them level at CRP, Emmerson, El Farid or any of the good leveling spots when you have quick access to those areas. Go there and kill them, sex their corpses and spam them on trade, I'm making a PE on saturn which I swore I wouldnt do just to drive them nuts, kill a few then disappear, hack a layer, then disappear, do everything to them that they do to everyone else.

Most importantly from now on I'm going to keep it in game cause this crap on the forums achieves nothing.
lol i love you man cos atm these nibs cant fight in an OP for shit so we need people like you to keep us on our toes:D cos if you didnt we might become slack and lazy then you could take all of our OPs but you keep us busy so thx ;)

MrChumble
23-03-04, 14:22

I'm hoping -- vainly -- that it will make KK assess whether they want to let people take on an outlaw/lawless role within a game structure, or just have a lawless lack of structure. If they want to retain customers they're gonna have to start shifting towards the former.

Scikar
23-03-04, 14:22
Originally posted by WebShock
OMG this thread is so funny rofl.

zone pwned all of you whiners. nuff said.

If cartel is so bad why isnt anyone doing anything about it and just sitting here whining about it on the forums? If New Dawn got beat why not try to do the same to cartel?

ND was a different atmosphere.

ND could have held the map as Cartel did during its peak. But ND was based around the fights more than the OPs. We won practically every fight we fought, but we had problems late on with numbers of hackers, and nobody really saw the point in holding every single OP only to have them all ninja hacked later in the night.

The causes of ND's death were fairly simple IMO. We only really had good fights while pro were in CA. Once pro left CA again we saw practically no opposition. We faced the same Mercs that don't fight Cartel now, you'd get a good fight out of them once in a week and after that they'd just ninja hack. CA weren't as interested in fights as they are now, and the only people we ever got consistent fights out of were Templars, and we used to beat them most of the time.

Then we hit the point where the faction basically turned to shit. Literally every person you saw would be Protopharm, or TG. The clan started to get flooded with friends of friends of friends who all wanted to just go to CRP to level, and had no interest in OP fights. Rizzy was banned, and the clan broke up soon after.

With TG turned to complete shit, the clan broke in two. The NAT players went to BioTech and formed Double Helix, and the others went to BD and got Cartel going. But that's the point that I still don't understand. At the time, the only clan we got any decent fights out of was TT, through Templars. ND was the only really capable clan in TG, though the other clans were great at ninja hacking OPs in the night only to lose them during the day, when we wouldn't know anything about it since there would be none online. A BD at that point had no opposition. Remember Vet complaining that all he ever saw was ProtoPharm? That's the scenario Cartel was born into.

So now where are we. Almost all of the ex-NAT players that I can think of have quit. Ste is in FA and not too interested in playing much, Stig is in Cartel, and Dissenter has been CM for ages. The best players in ND who were the key to winning all those fights are in Cartel, backed up by also the best players from Templars (the only ones who gave ND a decent fight remember) plus more. So the result? All the best players are in Cartel, and they have the desire that ND never had to take over and hold the whole map, so they do. I'll give them credit where it's due, they are the most powerful clan on the server, and they are strong enough to hold all those OPs.

But all these things are relative. Relative the rest of Saturn, of course Cartel are going to be at the top. But that's like a kid in a playground with 50p when all his mates have 20p. He's rich compared to them, and he's the richest there. But does he have a lot of money?

Xylaz
23-03-04, 14:24
Originally posted by Candaman
Imagine a brand new player to the game decides to start saturn gets repeatedly killed by u guys and then people wonder y server populations are low. The job of everyone is to have fun in this "GAME" but u also have to respect other peoples ability to have fun.

Wow, nice words. Especially that they are coming from the member of a certain CS clan which is doing same 'work' as cartel but on pluto.

Candaman
23-03-04, 15:03
Actually that CS clan has rules of killing no unclanned runners unless attacked first and only enemy clans if clanned. If something has happened that goes against these rules then send me a email ingame and i will see it dealt with but do go throwing round wild accusations on the forums.

ezza
23-03-04, 15:13
Actually that CS clan has rules of killing no unclanned runners unless attacked first and only enemy clans if clanned. If something has happened that goes against these rules then send me a email ingame and i will see it dealt with but do go throwing round wild accusations on the forums. but thats what the forums for:D

Xylaz
23-03-04, 15:28
Actually that CS clan has rules of killing no unclanned runners unless attacked first and only enemy clans if clanned. If something has happened that goes against these rules then send me a email ingame and i will see it dealt with but do go throwing round wild accusations on the forums.

I am pretty aware that a certain CS clan have such rules, when i was unclanned FA they told me this every time before killing me multiple times. It was quite fun actually...
*gring to MB*
zap zap (HL), 1% health left - oh shit he's unclanned, sorry man, zap zap, dead...
*gring again* Really sorry, we don't kill unclanned runners (zap zap zap...)
*gring again* lol (zap zap zap)

But on the more serious matter.
Maybe (just maybe) it has changed a bit, not sure. I wasn't throwing any accusations, just stating a fact. I was a witness that your clan along with the help of a cerrtain TT ganking clan made two "brand new players" permanently left the game (even if they have just finished trial and payed for whole month).
They were complete noobs, and someone "adviced" them to remove LE... As they were noobs they wanted to join a clan (yah, bad luck they were BT and wanted to join us...). And so they did. They have been tring to stay alive in the aggie cellars, but there was too many pkers there, and we couldn't help them at all cause they were just barreling the aggies and zoning.
So i've gave them a ride to MB, they have tagged gr adn started lvling in a bunker. They were so happy... I went to work. When i got back after 8 hours they were leaving the game... Some TT and CS people were ganking them for 8 hours non stop. And they were noobs, have only p2 and MB gr tagged, they didn't know what to do. So they were dieing and dieing and dieing. And finally they gave up and left.
Nice story, eh? Nothing personall, but it is a fact. Such behaviour drives people away from this game. If a noob choose wrong faction to be in (BT for example) he will be getting killed each 15 mins by a certain CS clan members or certain TT clans members or certain BD clans members. This won't hurt exp players as they know what they are doing when coming to MB for example, if they want to lvl in peace they will find some nice place and lvl. Noobs don't know that, they don't know how to protect, what to do, how to act. Therefore they are leaving.

And actually i had a policy of mailing each clan leaders after every pk incident, since we are the clan who doesn't attack anyone unprovoked. So if someone attacked us, we fight back and then i've send mails about the incident with a stupid idea that it is possible to "solve the problem". Yet 99% of all clans were either ignoring my mails or use the common NC macro : - lol, wtf? I don't care - and support pkers in every way they could. Therefore i stopped.

az

Original monk
23-03-04, 15:34

its easier to tear a clan appart from the inside :)

witouth ever spilling 1 drop of blood

but why would anyone spend there precious time on these guys ? but fighting, infiltrating or whatever isnt necessary, its clearly a selfdestructive clan ... if you think of yourself youre the best and cant be beaten then you are lost in advance ya see ...

the last clan that claimed to be the best and the uberst and the leetorzt and i dunno what they tought of emselves lost their mainman cause he did things that wherent really "clean" yust to say it in a nice way ... well if ya need to be a haxxor to be the best ... then thats sad ...

i think its funny that alot of people of cartel compare emselves with new dawn ... i hope for them they dont end in the same way as the ND :)

anyway enoy youre little forum skirmishes, i yust came back from a date with the same girl as yesterday so i cant be arsed atm :)

cu laterz sweeties

Candaman
23-03-04, 15:40
well xyl i know that a while back we used to be quite lax on the rules but recently we have kicked multiple people from clan for such acts and ur emails don't go unnoticed if anything happens again don't hesitate to dm me or email me and i will sort it out i do support pkorz but things should be a challenge and i agree 100% with ur post the noob killing is ******** and makes people not wanna play the game no more and if i saw it happening would be a immediate kick from clan as far as i'm concerned and i know the other leaders would agree with me

SypH
23-03-04, 15:42
Say what you will about cartel, but at least they are good for a alugh:D That whole trade scam last night had me laughing my arse off. I still cant believe they got the same guy twice:lol:

Kal
23-03-04, 15:47
i only see one soultion to this

JOIN URANUS!

Original monk
23-03-04, 15:55
Originally posted by Kal
JOIN URANUS!

i got 4 chars there :) really cosey server

but some guys called sin dont like me there it seems.

i been accused of i dunno what all lol, yust beacuse i killed a few of em :)

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 16:02
Originally posted by Xylaz
Wow, nice words. Especially that they are coming from the member of a certain CS clan which is doing same 'work' as cartel but on pluto.

huh? I don't recall Dark trying to own every op on the server, or killing unclanned(unless it's a former enemy). I'm not there all the time, so I don't know if they ALWAYS let unclanned pass. But I do know that I have never seen them try to own every op.

Anyways, Cartel has to be the only clan in any server that actually makes me want to come to that server to kill them. And that says alot. I can't stand these "BD pk" clans. You know what I don't like though? At the risk of boosting cartel's ego( :rolleyes: ) I gotta say this. I don't see much resistance(at least on the forums) to cartel. I see alot of "grr you guys suck :(" type posts. But it's not like a FF versus DARK post where you can tell it's a mutual "we're gonna kill you" type attitude.

Maybe the best players are in cartel, and not enough players(or not enough good ones)are in the other factions. If that's true that sucks.

I remember back when NDA(centuri, polarity era) owned nearly every op on the map. AT that time I had ABYSMAL fps in op wars, couldn't fight effectively because of it, and my clan had only ONE ppu that sometimes didn't want to fight. Ohhh, it annoyed me that they had every or nearly every op. But I certainly didn't just do nothing. I made regular pk runs on my hov-tec to many of their ops and constantly PKed them while they were leveling. I remember some of them DMing me saying "dude, wtf man let me level" :p

I could be wrong about saturn. Maybe cartel does get alot of resistance and I just don't see it on the forums. Maybe....

But I do know one thing. PKing noobs is lame. Killing unclanned(who have no history with the killer I mean) is lame, unless their in a hostile faction. How can some of you complain about low population then do things like this? It makes no sense.

It's like those posts where one person makes a thread saying their tired of all the bugs in NC, then a whole bunch of people say "wtf leave then n00b". But then they turn around and complain about too many people leaving. wtf

O_o

System
23-03-04, 16:03
I guess I will come forth and say yea Cartel has made my gameplay and others I know a piece of sh*t. A lot of us have given up for OutPosts now becuase the fact all the power lays in BD. When a small clan like mine would like to have a good fight with a 5 vs 5 battle doesnt get that... We bring 8 or 9 people to an OP fight and cartel bring every member that they have on. Last OP fight I had with them we had 10 people and they had 20 or so. Yet they beat the living hell out of us and after dealing with that nonsense I've now given up on taking OPs on saturn and playing less until something changes. I can only thank cartel for now pushing me to pay more attention to newer members of the game in CA and try and build up. So dont expect to see me attack you guys anytime soon. If I do have an OP like I do now it is because Templars has asked if I wanted. But as you would say it harry, nuff said...

-- Diablos --

ezza
23-03-04, 16:12
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I remember back when NDA(centuri, polarity era) owned nearly every op on the map. AT that time I had ABYSMAL fps in op wars, couldn't fight effectively because of it, and my clan had only ONE ppu that sometimes didn't want to fight. Ohhh, it annoyed me that they had every or nearly every op. But I certainly didn't just do nothing. I made regular pk runs on my hov-tec to many of their ops and constantly PKed them while they were leveling. I remember some of them DMing me saying "dude, wtf man let me level" :p

pretty much it tbh, i hang at cycrow a fair bit, and i know that cartel also hang there, but its rare that a pker comes out there, i can mess around do a little leveling, and in a 3 or 4 hour stretch im more likely to see one drone pker, no pes or tanks or anything, the odd asen pe maybe, im sure some FAs will pop up saying they do raid there but i aint seen it.

raiding the cycrow was fun for me when i wasmerc and ND was in power, i used to rack up a fair few kills before the uber hybrids showed there ugly overpowered faces.

i see people from TG killing at MB, yet i never see those guys doing it at cycrow

although maybe vila will be doing that with afterdark now

Mr_Snow
23-03-04, 16:20
Originally posted by Kal
i only see one soultion to this

JOIN URANUS!

And TJ dont want to be Cartel?

Scikar
23-03-04, 16:30
The problem with fighting Cartel is not so much that we don't have enough people, it's more like organisation. ND was formed because we had scattered individual small clans who just couldnt work together properly.

Think about it: You attack a Cartel OP. They all GR to the UG and come up to fight. Suppose we win and one of the clans takes it. Later, Cartel come back. Only the owners can GR to the UG, and that's not enough to fight them. So there's a disadvantage there. Also there's the communication problems of having lots of clans across lots of factions. But I don't think it's right that we're going to have to make another super clan to solve this problem. :(

Organics
23-03-04, 16:47
Alot of Cartel hostility here, hehe :D

Funny really, since that's really what alot of their actions aim for, to piss people off and have a good laugh. I used to do the same kind of thing in UO, didn't scam but we used to PK in 2 man teams and dam it was fun.

As for Cartel numbers, I don't really think it's the numbers TBH. I've been at a few OP fights now just as an observer to get a feel for it (LE in on the char, not gonna survive otherwise lol) and TBH, it's their organization / teamwork that's the thing about them. When they come through, they all seem to know what they are doing, where they have to go, even specifically who to kill sometimes and don't scatter into individual panicked units.

Again, reminds me of several of the PK/PvP guilds in UO, didn't have tons of members but their team work was excellent, and the team work really is the key.

Anyway, the only thing you can REALLY do against Cartel, is fight them back when you can. Use the dam Citycom info to find out how many of them are online, then go and find their haunts, PK them if you can. Whatever. Doesn't matter, just fight back if you feel you have issues with them etc. But above all, make sure you have FUN while PKing or whatever you do :D

:)

ezza
23-03-04, 16:52
the problem is also, a clan takes a cartel op, instead of deafending that one op time after time after time, they take it then take another, cartel early days, would take i think it was tescom, they would continually take that one op from asen, and take and fight ttime after time for it, and asen were lot bigger than cartel at that point, they didnt have 1/2 the members you see today, but they perseviard, eventually they had the whole north east of thte map.

FA just seem happy to ninja hack 1/2 the map than to start small, take one op, and hold it day after day, then when they are stong enough take the next op, then hold the 2 of them, and keep going back,

if cartel take it regroup and head back, and keep fighting. just seems they want to remove cartel from the whole of the map at once, well that aint gonna happen

Freya
23-03-04, 16:57
way to much cleaning to do,
thread closed