PDA

View Full Version : Add New Faction - Mercenaries

Nick Wrasse
22-03-04, 21:56
Think about and seriously. Factions are an organization you belong to, you like to hold their goals and beliefs. We see several people running around with No Faction, well what if there was a new Mercenary faction. I know what your going to say there's already the City Mercs, keyword there is "City", these mercenaries would offer service to all. They would have no allied factions, all factions would be neutral as they would kill several different faction members.

This would help bring a small bit more realism to the game and get rid of factionless people.

Now your probably thinking, no enemies? There's no downside to it. Wrong there is. No enemies also means no natural allies. You couldn't GenRep to allies only GRs cause you'd have no allies so it'd make it a slight bit tougher to get around.

You'd have to form your own allis and enemies. Perhaps you yourself don't like the Black Dragon, your neutral to them but you refuse service to them so in a sense their your enemy. You like Twilight Guardian, your neutral to them but you offer services to them so in a sense their your ally and they give you shelter.

Now as you progress you will lose Faction Sympathy and possibly soulight. That is the only problem with this idea that I can think of. The FS doesn't matter but they'd have to change the SL.

I think with a little more thought on this it could be put in to action. Please post and vote.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 22:00
Originally posted by Nick Wrasse
Think about and seriously. Factions are an organization you belong to, you like to hold their goals and beliefs. We see several people running around with No Faction, well what if there was a new Mercenary faction. I know what your going to say there's already the City Mercs, keyword there is "City", these mercenaries would offer service to all. They would have no allied factions, all factions would be neutral as they would kill several different faction members.

This would help bring a small bit more realism to the game and get rid of factionless people.

Now your probably thinking, no enemies? There's no downside to it. Wrong there is. No enemies also means no natural allies. You couldn't GenRep to allies only GRs cause you'd have no allies so it'd make it a slight bit tougher to get around.

You'd have to form your own allis and enemies. Perhaps you yourself don't like the Black Dragon, your neutral to them but you refuse service to them so in a sense their your enemy. You like Twilight Guardian, your neutral to them but you offer services to them so in a sense their your ally and they give you shelter.

Now as you progress you will lose Faction Sympathy and possibly soulight. That is the only problem with this idea that I can think of. The FS doesn't matter but they'd have to change the SL.

I think with a little more thought on this it could be put in to action. Please post and vote.

YAY! I wish they would add a faction like this or change the City mercs to this! I have always wanted a faction like this! Good idea! But SL would have to be changed.. Or some kind of system given to themm I dont know though! :(

Jest
22-03-04, 22:01
OR you could just argue to take the City out of "City Mercs." :p But yes Id personally like to see a faction that is nuetral to every other. But still red SL would need to be made viable or SL system changed.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 22:03
Or they could make a contract system, where one person takes a job.. Than both sides agree at a city term for X person to hbe killed and they wouldnt loose any SL at all! But they need to make it so it cant be abused.. :)

Edit: Bad spelling :(

Marx
22-03-04, 22:12
Or they could implement clan wars.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 22:13
Originally posted by Marx
Or they could implement clan wars.

No because not every person who would wnat to be in this faction would benefit from this because not everyone joins a clan! Marx did you get name from the philosopher "Marx" ^_^

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 22:16
CM should be like that anyway, and are to an extent, just happens that the majority of our business comes from the city.

Remember that when the Mercs were first founded, there was no DoY to oppose NC and TG had not been created.

Jest
22-03-04, 22:19
Originally posted by Kasumi
Marx did you get name from the philosopher "Marx" ^_^ Nah he got it from the other (http://www.groucho-marx.com/) one. :eek:

Myrlin
22-03-04, 22:20
I think that both cities should have their own separate mercenaries group.

Nick Wrasse
22-03-04, 22:54
any other comments?

TraumaTeam
22-03-04, 23:03
This goes nicely with my Bounty-O-Matic idea that I just posted in the Brainport:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94811

- Nekura

Marx
22-03-04, 23:08
No because not every person who would wnat to be in this faction would benefit from this because not everyone joins a clan! Marx did you get name from the philosopher "Marx" ^_^

Well, if the person wants to be a merc, they'd have to be under some sort of organization... i.e. Clan.

If they aren't, they're a freelancer, a hoodlum, someone who's generally not hired for things aside from the illegal eccentricities of an important person who doesn't want their name dirtied.

As for my name, I can't say. Because in all honesty I though about both Groucho and Karl. Half and half I guess.

Originally posted by Dribble
Remember that when the Mercs were first founded, there was no DoY to oppose NC and TG had not been created.

Uh, yeah there was.

CM was founded by the genetically engineered veterans of the first Dome of York conflict... They had just finished taking over the place and earned their freedom.

Their victory was not complete, as is made obvious by the fact that communication between the Dome and Neocron was lost shortly after the occupational troops moved out.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 23:16
Well, if the person wants to be a merc, they'd have to be under some sort of organization... i.e. Clan.

If they aren't, they're a freelancer, a hoodlum, someone who's generally not hired for things aside from the illegal eccentricities of an important person who doesn't want their name dirtied.
\

This is the kind person I would like to Roleplay I do not see a problem with it..^-^

Marx
22-03-04, 23:16
This is the kind person I would like to Roleplay I do not see a problem with it..^-^

Then wouldn't you be better off as a Black Dragon?

:D

Kasumi
22-03-04, 23:18
Then wouldn't you be better off as a Black Dragon?

:D

Yes but black dragons have a bad name for so many PKers and griefers that have joined it so I stay away from it.. ^-^ A mercenary is a mercenary even if he/she doesnt want to be in a clan.. :P

Marx
22-03-04, 23:20
Yes but black dragons have a bad name for so many PKers and griefers that have joined it so I stay away from it.. ^-^ A mercenary is a mercenary even if he/she doesnt want to be in a clan.. :P

One man clans are cool.

:p

Don't let anyone tell you anything other.

Jest
22-03-04, 23:28
BD is a good scenario for that. Ive taken on a couple hits on people myself. Only a few have been successful but its dang hard to find people. One was of a top level FA and for the life of me I never could kill him or even find him. Actually come to think of it most of my hits have been on FA people haha.

Tbh BD has lost a lot of its name. People dont fear BD like they used to. Im gonna start doing my best to remedy that though.