PDA

View Full Version : Spy Setups

Saza
22-03-04, 17:12
OK, so I've been playing a spy for 13 months now. Never rerolled. And still uncapped. And now I've decided to become the best combat spy on Pluto. I'm going to aim to defeat each of the great spies one by one. I have spent a few days designing setups, and I've finally settled on one.

So here, sitting in my I.T class, with my coursework documentation waiting to be clicked in the taskbar when my teacher walks by, I ask you, my dear Neocronians, for a spot of help.

I am going to be using a shelter setup for a while, see how it turns out. Obviously I need to take Destostrol Forte to increase my PSI to 25. This in turn will increase both PSU and WEP. Now my WEP will reach 200 with the drug. My question is this: is this enough? I've seen people spec more. But playing about with the skill manager made me realise that the shelter is a great advantage to defence. I want to kick ass up close, but still be able to drop those APUs from far away.

While I'm at it, is 185 R-C combat (unbuffed, with imps) enough? I still have enough T-C to use Obliterator and a good deal of Agility.

Further points I would like tips on are:

Health or Resists?
Athletics or Resists?
Athletics or Health?
Strengthen or Filter Heart?
Strength or Dexterity based Implants?
Strength Drugs?
Experimental or Standard Reflexbooster?

Decent spies please post part or all of your setups below if you dont mind :) .

All help and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism accepted.

Thanks Guys.

Edit: Oh right, I currently use RoG as my usual PvP gun, but I've heard that Disruptor can be absolutely uber. I also heard that low-tech Pain Easers's are amazing - how about at high-tech? Basically what I'm asking is which is the best rifle :p .

SorkZmok
22-03-04, 17:24
Originally posted by Saza
Health or Resists?
Athletics or Resists?
Athletics or Health?
Strengthen or Filter Heart?
Strength or Dexterity based Implants?
Strength Drugs?
Experimental or Standard Reflexbooster?
health > athletics > resists
At least thats what i think. Get at least 300 health, v high runspeed, then work out resists. No need to boost em extremely high as long as youre using shelter anyway. My spy isnt even using a pp resistor and he can take a lot of hits.

About the heart....i'm using an experimental heart 1. Don't need insane xray resists and you cant spec enough poison anyway.

Str implants or drugs...bit of both would be best. Wasting 3 of 5 implant slots just to be abled to wear inqui1 is shit. Moveon, another str imp of your choice and a drug. Thats better.

Use the backbone that gives agl and atl. You don't need all that int and wep when youre capped, and some more speed is always nice.

In the end, have at least 190 r- c, 160 wep, 300 health, 100 in enr and fir (armor + con) and 90/90 agl/atl. Should be fine then. :)

Mr_Snow
22-03-04, 17:25
Use str heart for health

Have enough str using drugs or str implants (move ons are spies friends) to use atleast inq 1 or if willing to in duels inq 2

Anyway you look at it your going to have 1 week resist either energy or poison depending on your belt but do spec some base energy and fire resists thats really about it tbh

Since Im a pistol spy myself I cant help with the RC and WEP questions.

SorkZmok
22-03-04, 17:34
Originally posted by Saza
Edit: Oh right, I currently use RoG as my usual PvP gun, but I've heard that Disruptor can be absolutely uber. I also heard that low-tech Pain Easers's are amazing - how about at high-tech? Basically what I'm asking is which is the best rifle :p . Read my sig. ;)
If youre not having more than 190 r-c, stick to a RoG. Best pvp rifle by far. Healing Light also is quite nice although i somehow just can't use it. Disruptor can be great if youve got a high rof, but for its TL the dmg is rather shit.
In the end it depends if you rather have a high rof or a high dmg output.

Oh yeah, only lame rifle spies use a RoG. :p

Saza
22-03-04, 17:46
Originally posted by SorkZmok
In the end, have at least 190 r- c, 160 wep, 300 health, 100 in enr and fir (armor + con) and 90/90 agl/atl. Should be fine then. :)

Unfortunately that setup cant use obliterator, as to get 190 Rifle I am sacrificing some of either T-C or AGL, and my AGL is already under 90. So unless I take Redflash, on top of any STR drugs, and on top of the Desostrol, well, thats one hell of a lot of drugs. :( I'll try and work something out.

Apart from that it sounds pretty good. Thx for the help :)

cRazy2003
22-03-04, 18:12
i also use the RoG, it only has 2 bursts per shot so its hard to miss, it does shitload of damage and has god rof, people do say u may as well be a PE, but who cares, i slap them cos rifle spies are uber :p
its a shame drugs are needed tho to have a good setup, and i still havnt used my moveon setup mainly because im not high enough in levels yet, still have 18 more dex and 22 more int to cap and im rank xx/64 maybe when i cap dex i can switch one of my chips for the moveon, cos if i do it now i cant use my heavy belt or pa 2, so i still need a bit more to level first. once im finished i'll fight u to saza :D

Jock Rockwell
22-03-04, 18:19
I got a quick question aswell for a spy setup which im not to sure about.

Im a pistol spy so dont need as much weplore as my rifle counterparts, and im also planning to drug for shelter and inq 1 armour but was wondering how much psi use i need? Is it a case of the more the better or is there a point where it won't make a difference?

SorkZmok
22-03-04, 18:34
Originally posted by Jock Rockwell
I got a quick question aswell for a spy setup which im not to sure about.

Im a pistol spy so dont need as much weplore as my rifle counterparts, and im also planning to drug for shelter and inq 1 armour but was wondering how much psi use i need? Is it a case of the more the better or is there a point where it won't make a difference? I'd go for 80 to 100. Shouldnt be a problem for a pistol spy and gives a nice amount of mana.

Jock Rockwell
22-03-04, 18:35
Atm i got 100 and was plannin to leave it there, but from the reaction i got when i told people i had 100 made me think i had gone overkill or something.

So thx for making me feel not so bad ;)

cRazy2003
22-03-04, 18:38
psi use just increases your psi pool, the more you have the more frequent and the certain type of spells u can cast before u have to wait for i to recharge

for exmaple if i had a ppu spell which took 10 psi use per cast, and i had 100 in my psi pool, i could cast it 10 times before i had to wait for my mana pool to recharge, so the amount you have is preferable, but just make sure u have enough to cast all the spells u use including shelter at least once or twice before waiting for a recharge, i do have a high psi use mainly because i use about 6 spells when im getting ready for a duel (heal, basic resist 2, deflector, shelter, rifleboost 1, spy boost 1), and i hate having to wait for my psi pool to recharge before i can cast sumore of them, so i usually have enough to cast all of them once with a full pool or at least most of them

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 18:48
PSU increases spell rof, which means you can run cast (or at least walk cast) spells, you should be able to cap the basic spells with about 100 psu EASILY. My PE has 36 psu, enough to cap a tl3 heal rof with the psi setup I have. Since you can't get enough psi for DB on a spy, there is little need (other than mana) for much more than this.

Saza
22-03-04, 18:51
RoG it is then. :p

Edit: Bring it on Crazy :D

Edit Edit: OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

MY ACCOUNT HAS EXPIRED! ALL THAT FUCKING WORK FOR NOTHING!!!!!! DAMN U CREDIT CARD EXPIRING!!!!!

Edit Edit Edit: Crisis over, my mum is gonna sort it out. Thank god for mums :p

Whitestuff
22-03-04, 18:54
Originally posted by Jock Rockwell
Atm i got 100 and was plannin to leave it there, but from the reaction i got when i told people i had 100 made me think i had gone overkill or something.

So thx for making me feel not so bad ;)

Shouldn't need over 50 naturally. In fact, once INT is capped and DEX is capped, a PC spy *shouldn't* need any Weapon Lore to cap aiming on rare pistols. It seems to be the case on my base 55DEX PC Spy atm. Using lvl 3 imps and 50 natural Weapon Lore, I have over 225% aiming w/o a modded gun that is around 55-65 DEX.

cRazy2003
22-03-04, 18:58
Edit: Bring it on Crazy

will do :p

and to the tremendous amounts of o shits u just said, what have u lost?

SorkZmok
22-03-04, 19:05
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
PSU increases spell rof, which means you can run cast (or at least walk cast) spells, you should be able to cap the basic spells with about 100 psu EASILY. My PE has 36 psu, enough to cap a tl3 heal rof with the psi setup I have. Since you can't get enough psi for DB on a spy, there is little need (other than mana) for much more than this. But a shelter setup leaves you with 4 ppw, so you need at least 50 psu to have a decent mana pool. And the more the better cause its extremely annoying if you have to wait for your mana to recover in the wrong moments....

and mr. whitekrakrboi, hes not taling about wep there. :)

Saza
22-03-04, 19:07
Um.... how do you change the credit card details? Cant find it on the main page anywhere :confused:

Psyco Groupie
22-03-04, 19:13
"cancel"

wait (around a hour)

reactivate with new cc

Saza
22-03-04, 19:18
I just changed the billing info with WorldPay, so what do I do now?

___T-X____
23-03-04, 00:25
although Kid Brainiac has a sweet spy, and he is the voice of experience (i rate him SOooo high). Theres many other ways to make a spy. But having a decent pvp setup wont make a tradeskiller a player

Whitestuff
23-03-04, 06:38
Originally posted by SorkZmok
But a shelter setup leaves you with 4 ppw, so you need at least 50 psu to have a decent mana pool. And the more the better cause its extremely annoying if you have to wait for your mana to recover in the wrong moments....

and mr. whitekrakrboi, hes not taling about wep there. :)

Well it was right under a WEP lore post. Sorry :p .

ServeX
23-03-04, 06:49
saza, I know of a great spy setup, message me via PM with your AIM or MSN messanger information and we'll speak through there.

INFERNO22
23-03-04, 11:49
Saza im gonna rip you to shit:lol:

if your gonna be the best combat spy on pluto why cant you make your own Setup?

winnoc
23-03-04, 12:05
After expermimenting with all kinds of setups, including inq1 etc...

I find the current one the most enjoyable:

110 hack
PA3
stealth 3
Silent hunter and disruptor
Drives a scorpion trike

This way, i'm usefull to my clan at op wars, i can stealth into places or stealth out if my trike is blown up.
I can go out snipe people, and i hunt rares like i never did before.