PDA

View Full Version : Project Entropia(?)

Kasumi
22-03-04, 16:48
Not sure if that is what it is called.. but can someone give me information on this game and if it is any fun??? Someone mentioned it in another thread and I seen some screenshots of it but any information would be more better then few pictures.. :)

Mighty Max
22-03-04, 16:55
Its crap.

cMz
22-03-04, 16:57
Read about it here:
https://www.project-entropia.com/Index.ajp

Kasumi
22-03-04, 16:58
Originally posted by cMz
Read about it here:
https://www.project-entropia.com/Index.ajp

This will tell me how flashy the game is and what is so great about it without giving me any real information.. I would prefer to have information that is helpful.. :P

Its crap.

Why? :confused:

Myrlin
22-03-04, 16:59
I haven't played it, but I watched a demo video. Their economy is set up so that you use your credit card to send them money and purchase in game money. It wasn't clear to me if their is a way to make money in game or if all money has to be bought with real money.

I have a hard enough time justifying paying a monthly fee for a game. I couldn't swallow having to shell out more cash everytime I wanted a new item so I didn't bother downloading it.

Mighty Max
22-03-04, 17:05
The only thing you do there is to put money into it.

You have to pay effectively much more then 10$ a day.

A lot of griefers around. Since griefing your items = getting real life money

What more to say?

cMz
22-03-04, 17:06
If you read about the economy, they say that you can make money by building things, and if you get ingame money, you can convert that to real money if you want.

Dont know how hard it is to make money, but if you are good at something you might earn real money.

SynC_187
22-03-04, 17:07
You can make money without spending money, or spend a little to get you started.

The more you put in the faster you progress.

The game is free and there is no subscription fee.

I tried it but found it slow and boring.

Mighty Max
22-03-04, 17:16
I tried it too, and i visited several boards too while doing this. its always told that you can make money, but the only money you can make is what you steal from other players.

Hence do u think all get money out?

The only money that got into this game is from the players. Nothing good when it comes to bu and exploits.

Zanathos
22-03-04, 17:23
its possible to make money in the game.

i played it for like, 2 months.

I got help from a guy who was rich in the game.

he had like.... 3000 PED's or something.

all of it was from mining minerals every day.

which in real money is 300 bucks.

10 dollars real money = 100 PED

I was a miner for the whole time, and made steady amounts of PED, usually just barely enough to pay for the equipment needed to mine.

basically

the more money you put in, and the more you level your character, the easier it is to kill higher leveled stuff, the better loot you get from stuff you kill, hunt, mine, construct, whatever.

all the high end stuff in the game is made by trade skillers so.... yeah.

you cannot buy the best stuff in the game from stores. only moderatly good stuff.

Im thinkin of giving the game another try though since now i can actually put money into the game.

there IS a place where you can get money freely without any effort.

but chances are, its camped by people endlessly througout the day.

not to mention there are incredibly high level mobs out there, and its in a PvP zone.

as long as you stay out of the PvP zones, you dont have to worry about players taking your stuff.

well, just be careful you dont get scammed in those cases.

its also a good idea to try and join a clan in that game.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 17:37
I see, the moneything sound kind of neat.. But can I get some information like what kind of things are in the game? Skills? Tradeskills? Weapon skills? Weapons? Mobs?? Classes? are there races?? Any major bugs in the game??

Zanathos
22-03-04, 17:42
Originally posted by Kasumi
I see, the moneything sound kind of neat.. But can I get some information like what kind of things are in the game? Skills? Tradeskills? Weapon skills? Weapons? Mobs?? Classes? are there races?? Any major bugs in the game??

from what i remember of playing it

skills vary, pistol combat, rifle combat, melee combat, agility, mining, machinery, geology, chemistry, etc... i cant remember alot of em. i dont even know if some that i stated above even exist.

trade skills?

making clothing, hunting, mercenary (its actually possible to a certain extent), making weapons, armor, smithing in general, mining, both minerals and chemicals (oil and such) you can actually own land now in the game as well, so, land owner, etc... the list can go on and on really but actually, i think thats all of them.

im not to sure on the weapons, but im pretty sure theres only pistols, rifles and melee. mobs, well, im not too sure on this as well, machines, and creatures. theres no races, only humans, although the customization of your character can allow you to make some wierd lookin humans.

major bugs? i dunno.

Rade
22-03-04, 17:46
I heard that the gameplay itself was of lousy quality. Dont have
firsthand experience of it tho so dont take my word for it.

Original monk
22-03-04, 17:46
i find this really intresting as wel :) i havent played this game before but if it uses "real" money then i like it :)

dangerous for if you get scammed ok :) but if ya work hard ya can make a buck :) with neocron also btw, if i see ebay

i think i gonna try sell sumthing at ebay for fun for once :) see what it brings :)

Zanathos
22-03-04, 17:49
Im thinkin ill give the game another shot too, since now i can actually put money into it.

look for me sometime, my character name will prolly be zanathos.

Zanathos
22-03-04, 18:19
HOLY SHIT!

since i stopped playing the game about 7 months ago, they have made some pretty impressive improvements!

im gonna give the game ago right now!

*goes to download the game*

42 minutes until the download is complete ^_^

HEY!

my old character is still in the game :D

i want to make a new account though.

Rjn
23-03-04, 00:55
project entropia rocks ive played it for 4 month kknow its a good game but u have to put a bit of cash into it for example its all free so why not add what u would have payed for the game if u bought it off shelf anyway heres screenies for u
http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/shaceshit.JPG

http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/fuckme.JPG

http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/pe1.JPG

check out scins they own
http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/pe-pus.JPG

know this is new tro pe and my soc(sociaty) all chiped in to buy this space ship there will be a outer space with astoroids to mine and shit lol http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/ship.JPG

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 03:28
Originally posted by Rjn

check out scins they own
http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/pe-pus.JPG

Helllllloooooooooooo :eek:

EDIT: Can you really make RL money off of this game? If you play it well?

Zanathos
23-03-04, 03:47
yes, but not alot.

ServeX
23-03-04, 06:33
uh, im d/ling it now,

brb one hand free =P

Rjn
23-03-04, 09:32
the scin interface does own big time i spent 2 hours playing on it once lol heres a screeny of the interface http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/scin-interface.JPG

and yes u can make money on this game but ive come to conclusion that its near impossable to profit off the game itself but it is easy if u know the game to make cash from runners ie u loot a gun worth 60 ped s if u sold to game u sell in auction u can get silly money

this gun here is the rarest in pe theres only 1 in game http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/fuckme.JPG

u would make money from the game its s self with it though but the ingame price last time it was sold was 25000k peds works out to 1225 pounds stirling lol yes 1 thousand2 hundread and 25 pounsds lol

the actual game its self is fun though and very very addictive

Rjn
23-03-04, 09:36
arh forgotten to show u a mob check out this baby btw thats me dead on floor hehe http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/lol.JPG

Estabin
23-03-04, 09:40
OK it looks purty, but what is the game play itself like? Turn based combat or wut?

Not to keen on spending money on in game items... but most games cost 10 or more dollars to play a month anyway.

Rjn
23-03-04, 09:47
its play type is more or les the same as nc even in pvp but game is a pvm with a pvp section but mainly pvm there a 3 zone's in the world thta are pvp areas only small bits of map and in pvp3 zone u can loot the runner u kill to lol

zyx21
23-03-04, 09:52
Originally posted by Mighty Max
Its crap.

Agreed.

Rjn
23-03-04, 09:55
if u havent played the game withing the last 3 month then u havent played it its changed so much it was a bit crap in past but i think even peeps saying its crap here would like it know

Original monk
23-03-04, 09:58
Originally posted by Rjn
http://www.uploadit.org/rjn72uk/lol.JPG

Can KK please make sumthing about the same size as this one about 10x bigger then a runner .. about 2 times bigger then a grim :P and make it so we cant hunt it solo or in groups of 2,3 ... i want a mob that ya need 20 people for to kill it and wish give mayour loot :) like dropping full mc5's and stuff :P

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 09:59
Beautiful graphics.

borlegan
23-03-04, 10:23
I have played it for some time, the idea is not bad, you deposit money and it get transfered as in game money to buy things...

The bad news is that its gold since last year, or more and have enough bugs to hang up your comp every day, I dont mean crash, it really becomes unstable :(
The engine is not bad but is not so fluently as NC and the action is really low, last time I played there was only 1 little PVP area.

Not a good bet :(

Kasumi
23-03-04, 10:29
How much real life money should someone put into the game at if they are just starting off?? ^_^

t0tt3
23-03-04, 10:41
heard that it cost like time and about 200 dollars to get cash back, but then again he was a noob and played along.

INFERNO22
23-03-04, 11:45
a freind played it and got 980 € from the game just from killing a Mob:angel:

Zanathos
23-03-04, 14:07
I dont know exactly how much money you need to put into the game before you dont really need to anymore.

there are people that manage to play this game entirely free.

your best bet when you get into the game is to possibly join a society and if not, ask other people about what is good to do in the game at such, etc....

Zanathos
23-03-04, 14:07
omg...

Zanathos
23-03-04, 14:08
wtf...

Zanathos
what the hell is going on

Zanathos
seriously, i didnt sit here and every minute make these useless posts.

Zanathos
delete...

Zanathos
holy shit!

wtf is going on!?

delete...

Zanathos
delete.....

Nightbrother
23-03-04, 14:13
Octuple post!!

Sex at Zanathos! :D

Also, maybe I should give Project Entropia a try. Are there ways to get a noob gun, armor and ammo without spending real money on it?

winnoc
23-03-04, 14:20
Yeah, beg for it like in neocron.

I think i'll give it a go too this week.
I'll either be on as Winnoc, or maybe some other name, not sure yet.

Katherine
23-03-04, 14:24
Back a few months ago there was a money exploit. My friend made around 2000 dollars US from it. What he did was buy up gear then exchange it for real life money. It was nice.

Nightbrother
23-03-04, 14:24
Originally posted by winnoc
Yeah, beg for it like in neocron.

I think i'll give it a go too this week.
I'll either be on as Winnoc, or maybe some other name, not sure yet.

Haha, I probably will resort to begging and if I do it good enough, it just might work. Well, I hope.... or else everyone is KoS. ;)

Let me see if I can be arsed to dl it at all though.

Xylaz
23-03-04, 15:00
damn, u got my attention guys. Guess i'm gonna give it a try as well...

Could someone be kind enough and give me some useful links (with guides/tips/resources, things like that)

thx

PS. downloading...

Rjn
23-03-04, 15:00
u used your back key after posting didnt u didnt u

Zanathos
23-03-04, 21:37
Im inocent until proven guilty in a court of law :p

no, when you start the game you have NO money.

you have to put in at LEAST a dollar to get a weapon and a half decent amount of ammo.

the game seems to continuously evolve and has changed much since last time i played it.

even thoug the game is free and you start the game with no money and no way to get money without having some money, its still possible to play.

try making friends with people, find rich people, join societies (although most will turn you down probably if your new and your playing for free)

when i first played the game, i was playing it for free and managed to get some half decent stuf, mining equipment, and made a half decent living mining what i could. but i didnt have very good combat equipment.

well, now im paying money to play it so :p

sell stuff for people, try to get oil in the middle of one of the PvP zones (which means you pretty much have no chance of getting the oil) then when you get a certain amount of money, buy a weapon, armor if you want, and hunt.

its probably best to ask people how to play the game and look at useful information websites first before you play the game.

it IS entirely possible to play the game for free.

just be careful though since your dealing with real money in this game, people can get bitchy over the loss of a few cents (which is alot to people that play for free)

my character's name will probably be Zanathos.

t0tt3
26-03-04, 20:45
played for 3 days now pretty cool =) doing lousy 12 dmg on mobs hahahaha and my cash is going down the drain, the biggest problem is the lost connection to server thing and it takes 1 min to log on back "NC aint the only one :p"

But the world is HUGE!! you can run for hours and then meet a mob that kills you with one hit "love to be a noob :D"

Then you got these noobs that havent played any MMO and they simply sucks doesnt know anything and want all for free :p "hmm plz give us Doy for free... *there are same people in all games*"

I like it just want more skill my lousy 60 rifle skill are kinda worthless im still poor in skill and hey i can get up to 9999 =)

oooh well 10 - 20 bucks then you can do much imo just try to get a decent weapon so you can kill semi noob slow mobs.

GL and HF =)

Original monk
27-03-04, 19:10
i donwloaded it and playing it now :P its fun, i love to be a noob again :)

its hard to get cash tough, but it working out, slow and steady, and i also gain some skills now

give it a try, its free :P