PDA

View Full Version : A question about the "chat-system"

Spex
22-03-04, 16:45
Will there be a significant improvement to it in BDoY? Haven't read much/anything about it yet. It is one important part of the game, and it needs improvement for sure. Do we get something like multiple DM channels and multiple group channels (e.g. how it works in IRC, you can open up channels and private chats)?

I think every better known tradeskiller knows the pain when you have to "serve" like a handful of people via DM ... (and I think GMs may know the trouble as well, they probably kill their Direct channel off :lol: ).

Anyway I hope something is done about it, the sooner the better. (And yes, I know there are many other problems as well, but communication is one core element of every MMORPG, infact I would prefer to get a decent communication system over any balancing change or similar stuff).

ezza
22-03-04, 17:17
well it took em long enough to get the factions chat working proberbly so umm dont hold your breath:p

Candaman
22-03-04, 17:36
it'll be implemented but they'll have to hot-fix is 3 months later

MjukisDjur
22-03-04, 21:19
um, whats wrong with the chat?

you can just scroll through directs...

Spex
22-03-04, 22:17
I wanna see how you handle a handful of people which all want something from you; and not one after another, but at the same time. Good luck, you can throw "Buddy" away, only other thing is the "Team"-channel. Ah well, doesn't happen that often anyway, no, not at all ...

sw1tch
22-03-04, 22:31
giving the buddy system a tickbox option for each player, like the custom chat would solve some of the problems, same would be good for direct too,

As you coudl just select who you want to talk to instead of having to readd and delete to talk to someone else. Sure alt+D works for a bit, but if the other person doesn talk to you in a while you wont be able to get their name up from alt d.

But yeh, they should improve it for DoY, maybe add a anti city and pro city chat too, instead of the diff trade channels.
They are redesigning basically all of the rpos iirc so it may get a complete overhall.