PDA

View Full Version : APU problems

johngreen2000
22-03-04, 16:40
This is not a bitch/rant because I died this is a well thought out arugment so if your gonna just flame leave.

Yesterday I finally relized how over powered apus can be against pe's and with a few buffs against anyone.

First incident an apu around my level comes down in aggies and we fight in about 5 cast of hl which is hitting me through walls and shit, im running to get out. I go get an energy resist potion and come back. Now the monk uses fire the first hit is doing like 5 damage a tick im unloading at simi close range with a fire modded libby. after about the 3-4 cast ive got him about 1/3 to 1/2 dead while im blind as fuck and about 1/2 dead also. So I run into the next room to heal up and im getting hit by HL again. I end up dieing so no big deal. btw i have roughly 150 in fire and 130 in energy without my shelter. So i re load up re imp etc and go back down the monk is gone so im fighting others i kill a few and die one other time. Re set up come back and there is an apu and ppu down there i get out alive and see there are 2 other people hurt from this team aparently. Ones a tank with a rank o around 55-60 i think it was 57 a pe with a rank of around 55 and me with a rank of 66. The pe's(me and another guy) both have phos libbies while the tank was using a CS dont know how it was modded. I sheltered the tank and of course the pe both buffed. We all went down and concetrated on the apu who was throwing fire around like no bodies business. In the end the tank and me died and the other pe made it out alive. Again no big deal I die, i learn from it. But then i start thinking...

A pe verus an APU

Both people standing still an APU will outdamage a PE. The advantage a PE is supposed to have is speed which makes them harder to hit. But an APU doesnt have to rely on a recticle. Its simply point and click. So the advantage a PE should have is negated by not having a recticle.

So I came up with an idea..I havnt spent along time thinking this out so correct me if you see a big problem. Why not give APU's and possibly ppus a recticle and make spell damage based on the recticle size. Take out the random damage monk were complaining about and make it a fixed damage based on distance/recticle size. Make opimum distance fairly far away to balance it out so the monk doesnt have to get close.

If my accounts are way off or if you see a major reason why I fucked up plz explain. I have no problem handling every class except apu's which at the current time im just going to avoid.

L0KI
22-03-04, 16:47
Originally posted by johngreen2000
A pe verus an APU

Both people standing still an APU will outdamage a PE. The advantage a PE is supposed to have is speed which makes them harder to hit.

[edited-a flame is a flame intentional or not NO FLAMES ALLOWED][Freya]

Sorry, not flaming intentionally, but SERIOUSLY, every PE weapon takes even an APU with the BEST resists down in just a few bursts.

My PE can take around 7 HL's before i notice a problem.

even with a capped RoF HL, the APU would be dead before he finished his 7, maybe even 5.

Candaman
22-03-04, 16:52
lol loki i was trying to find a way to say that without flaming guess no need now

Exmond
22-03-04, 17:05
g0t whine?

Big no to the reticle.

Its how I live, by lightning and then running the heck away.

Kenjuten
22-03-04, 18:26
It's bad enough people are hammering the PPUs. Now there's people hammering the APUs?

I'll just say this: IF anything gets done about PPU balancing, the APUs will as a result become weaker.

As you said: "Yesterday I finally relized how over powered apus can be against pe's and with a few buffs against anyone."

This is why PPU teams are so incredibly hard to beat: Their buffs. Hell, even I wouldn't mind taking advantage of being in a PPU team myself, though the only two real things that stop me is that I prefer to play solo and I'd feel bad for the people I'd fight against PvP-wise if I did team with a PPU regularly. :(

If you're saying that the APU is the hardest to beat with PPU buffs, then my only counterarguement is that APU/PPU team is simply one of (if not the) hardest teams to fight against.

A good way around this problem however is to get to know your enemies. Unless they LOM constantly, the more you fight against someone, the better you'll understand how they work stat-wise as well as skill-wise. Take advantage of this if you can.

Better luck next time, Runner. :cool:

[VP]Orion
22-03-04, 19:16
Im sorry, but if you say that an APU easily kill you, then you must be doing something wrong. Im a capped APU and in a duel against a good PE I die 9 out of 10 times. I dont claim to be the best dueler there is, rather the opposite, but its just that a good PE actually can take a SHITLOAD of damage. While I dump HL after HL at them, their shelter absorbs a really good deal of that damage, and they just keep on firing at me and hurting me alot more than I hurt them.

APUs can deal out huge amounts of damage, and thats how it was supposed to be. The problem is that we really cant take that much damage. So even if we can hurt a PE faster than they heal up, the most of the times we wont even get the PEs down to 50% health before we eat dust.

If the PE is unbuffed its a totally different story though. Its the shelter that does the huge difference.

Perhaps you should try to get a 120% damage shelter done, it'll really help you. (and make sure cap the damage at 576%)

johngreen2000
22-03-04, 20:27
Well now that i see i must be doing something wrong someone give me some advise.

Im using a 120 damage 120 freq libby fire modded with near capped damage and 300+ rof. I simply cant take an apu down before he can take me down.

And dont talk about getting skill I do fine against all the other classes and dont have a complaint against any of them. So obviusly there is somthing wrong weather its my side or not.

So give me some advice.

**edit**

Just as a thought theres a possibly the apu's that ive been fighting were externally buffed and maybe thats was a problem. But there was no one around when we fought so i assume that the apu wasnt buffed.

I just dont see how I can spend a good 2 minutes fighting a good pe or a tank yet an apu takes less than 30 second.

And thanks orion for the advise about shelter. i think i had a good shelter maybe not top of the line but a pretty good one but ill try and get a better one.

garyu69
22-03-04, 20:31
I took out a BD APU the other day no problem.

So i will have to disagree on APU's being over powered when it comes to a PE.

IMO

Candaman
22-03-04, 20:35
i've also took out pe's on my apu but its been close

Shadow Dancer
22-03-04, 20:47
PEs proly have the best chance of killing an apu.

A good apu vs a good pe....is a nasty fight. :eek:

I didn't really understand your first story though. Sorry.

Btw use x-ray mod against apus.

Zanathos
22-03-04, 20:51
or explosive

btw

a very well thought out idea has already been suggested thats like your idea.

it was shot down with flames of unimaginable strength.

Shadow Dancer
22-03-04, 21:01
Explosive isn't good IMO. Ever char can get lots of force resist.

Aziraphale
22-03-04, 21:03
I quite like the reticle idea myself. Or maybe make it so that holding down the fire button 'charges' a spell?

Invertigo
22-03-04, 21:24
im sorry but...if you cant kill an APU with a libby you have a problem...

its not that APU's are overpowered, maybe you just missed alot?

Devils Grace
23-03-04, 00:32
a apu standing face to face a PE with own buffs
shoting at each other without moving the APu die 1st

the rest is skill.