PDA

View Full Version : Should Safe Zones go pre-DoY??

Dissenter
22-03-04, 16:32
As thread title says:-

Should safe zones be removed before DoY?

Taking into account Bars + HQs will become safezones..

Please post opinions.

Glok
22-03-04, 16:34
Yes.

.Cyl0n
22-03-04, 16:34
yes :)

Dissenter
22-03-04, 16:36
Just thought, seeing as a war is imminent, wouldn't CA encourage pro-city to actively defend the city, and not just have copbots standing about?

WebShock
22-03-04, 16:36
definitly.

i would like to see cop bots on patrol on non safe zones, then large packs of anti city fighting nerfed cops.

of course have via rosso and areas closer to the ncpd and the core of the city with tougher pro city defenses.

If mb and th arent safe why should necron be safe?

I love the plaza sector but I would much rather get repairs or construction at a bar/shop or club than on the street sidewalk.

Saturn we have the next market and the construction club as well as the con center. All these places suffice for traders and wares shops.

Make noob hunting grounds, just that, hunting grounds.

naimex
22-03-04, 16:37
bars and HQs become safe zones ??:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

doesnt make any sense..

Theres the enemy HQ.. but we cant attack it..

Hey theres a bar.. lets start a brawl... no wait.. we cant ^^

Dissenter
22-03-04, 16:38
Hey I never said it made sense, that what KK are supposedly doing though..... o_O

Bars I'd see ok for safezones, but faction HQs shouldn't be imo, just have to be pretty well guarded, as most are already.

wolfwood
22-03-04, 16:40
Originally posted by naimex
bars and HQs become safe zones ??:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

doesnt make any sense..

Theres the enemy HQ.. but we cant attack it..

Hey theres a bar.. lets start a brawl... no wait.. we cant ^^

well considering that there arent going to be any enemy hqs in Neocron during Doy I dont see a problem. With the bar thing they would have one hell of a time getting in and out of NC unharmed considering all the copbots and gaurds running around, just wait them out.

Strych9
22-03-04, 16:40
Will never happen.

The safezones are only gonna be removed (actually moved, not removed entirely) when anti-city factions can no longer genrep into the city, and have to fight their way in instead.

Moving safezones now while all anti-city can still freely genrep about would lead to just pointless Plaza ganking. Not quite in the RP sense of the game.

Dissenter
22-03-04, 16:41
Err, so, how hard is it?

GR here and get ganked........ hmmm maybe, just maybe I shouldn't gr here....

El_MUERkO
22-03-04, 16:42
The city would goto shit pretty quickly cuase the anti-city runners would still be able to run around fairly easy, tbh I'd like it but anyone trying to level a low/mid level runner is goign to be miffed.

L0KI
22-03-04, 16:44
YES...

Give us a taste of DoY

Dissenter
22-03-04, 16:44
Yeah, some guards would need replacing and such, but it would instill fear in people, no more happy little chats in p1 without having one eye on whos around.

Also, when DoY is here, Everything is presumably going to be introduced at once. This will completley mess with a server's politics.

Atleast if the safezones are changed earlier, it may be easier for people to adjust to the new way of living in neocron.

Strych9
22-03-04, 16:46
If you want early changes then lets make it even, shall we?

Remove the Plaza safezones AND prohibit anti-city personnel from genrepping into the city and make them have to fight their way in.

That would be fine.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 16:47
I would like to see this before BDOY if precaustions were taken and warnings given.. More guards in less protected areas too.. But Iam LE users so doesnt matter to me either way.. ^-^

Dissenter
22-03-04, 16:51
Good to see the opinions coming in, I really do think the pros out weigh the cons..

Myrlin
22-03-04, 16:55
I'd vote to stop all additions of new features if it meant getting DoY even 1 day sooner.

I don't see a need for wasting the Devs time putting this change in now. It will just mean that they have to spend time moving gaurds around or fixing some bug that pops up when they could be finishing BDoY.

If KK had a huge development staff then I would be ok with it, but when you've only got 3 developers (maybe 4) you have to use your resources wisely. I don't think changing the safe zones is a good enough reason to pull someone off of the BDoY project.

naimex
22-03-04, 16:58
just out of curiosity..

the GRs in neocron will run on one system

the GRs in DoY will run on another system

so these two systems cant GR to eachother....

what about OPs ??

Omnituens
22-03-04, 17:29
Originally posted by naimex
the GRs in neocron will run on one system

the GRs in DoY will run on another system

so these two systems cant GR to eachother....

they are linked, because you can hacknet in...

you will probably have to re-route your genetic data through a OP/public GR then onto the opposing city

at least that is what i think should happen.

Remove the safe zones one by one i say

Strych9
22-03-04, 18:19
Originally posted by Dissenter
Good to see the opinions coming in, I really do think the pros out weigh the cons.. What exactly are the pros? Not the pros to a lack of safezones, but the pros to implementing ONLY that change and spending time and energy to do it right now?

Kenjuten
22-03-04, 18:22
Ano.... O_o

Excuse me, but I thought it was plannned that all current Safezones would be changed so that anti-CA runners could not walk freely around the city even with positive soullight...

Am I the only one that (vaguely) remembers this? Or am I just remembering wrong? O_o

Dissenter
22-03-04, 19:29
The pros?

The fact that this will actively encourage more Roleplay.

Doesn't it occur to you as weird that BD, TS, CS and TG can hang about happily in the Plaza or Viarosso when they are clearly enemies of the City?

Also, other surrounding zones beloging to these factions (except TG) are sparsely populated? e.g. Pepper park, Crahn Abbey, Outzone.

This is supposed to be a harsh post-apocalyptic world.

Zanathos
22-03-04, 19:35
no

fix the AI of guards

then yes

Strych9
22-03-04, 20:19
Originally posted by Dissenter
The pros?

The fact that this will actively encourage more Roleplay.

Doesn't it occur to you as weird that BD, TS, CS and TG can hang about happily in the Plaza or Viarosso when they are clearly enemies of the City?

Also, other surrounding zones beloging to these factions (except TG) are sparsely populated? e.g. Pepper park, Crahn Abbey, Outzone.

This is supposed to be a harsh post-apocalyptic world. So we do this change now, and then the BD, TS, CS, and TG can STILL hang about happily in Plaza or Viarosso AND kill city-friendly runners with minimal effort.

Like I said before, ALSO make it so the anti-city people cant walk freely around the city (like it will be in DOY) and then fine, remove the safezones.

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 20:22
Even if the copbots didn't attack the anti CA runners, if they pulled out a weapon and tryed to waste n00bs they would get waffled.

Strych9
22-03-04, 20:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Even if the copbots didn't attack the anti CA runners, if they pulled out a weapon and tryed to waste n00bs they would get waffled. Well then why bother?

Seriously, if that is how it would work, I dont think that is what Dissenter is after.

g0rt
22-03-04, 20:31
yee!

Opar
22-03-04, 20:32
Diss, your meant to be doing A Level work, not fucking around on the forums. Pffffft.

Anyway, yar, remove those safe zones.

Omnituens
22-03-04, 20:53
Yes Diss get on with your work!!!

Oh wait, so should I.

Shit.