OK this anime pwns !!!!!!! u should use ur bit torrent and download it now

ProfX
22-03-04, 10:52
already did a LONG time ago :p :D

Kasumi
22-03-04, 11:13
Originally posted by Tupac
OK this anime pwns !!!!!!! u should use ur bit torrent and download it now

:rolleyes: The anime isnt very good.. Go buy the manga it is alot better.. :)

g0rt
22-03-04, 11:15
Originally posted by Kasumi
:rolleyes: Go buy it

People actually pay for anime? o_O

Kasumi
22-03-04, 11:18
Originally posted by g0rt

I doubt it but I would rather get a perfect quality DvD than a low quality anime off bittorrent.. Your also stealing from my country :P it costs millions and sometimes billions of YEN to produce anime.. :)

Candaman
22-03-04, 11:26
£1 = 10000000 yen :P

Kasumi
22-03-04, 11:28
Originally posted by Candaman

Not really.. I think £1 = 140YEN or close to that..

Nightbrother
22-03-04, 12:21
Originally posted by Candaman

10 Kuwaitian Dinars = 20 £
10 Maltese Lira = 17 £

so get off your high horse, and leave the yen's alone. ;)

Back on topic, well sort of:
I don't watch anime, cause it never appealed to me, for some reason. I must be strange in some way, yes, really I must. I'm into many other things East-Asian, but anime.... nah...

Darkborg
22-03-04, 12:27
already watched all 75 episodes so far and i must concur it is pretty good.

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 12:31
Indeed, it is good, but not that good.

LVirus
22-03-04, 12:44
Watched 3 episodes and deleted.

I'm not fan of ninja-anime or fighting anime that much .. only few series I watched. My taste of anime lies in drama, schoolgirl anime :p and sci-fi.

Tupac
22-03-04, 18:22
omfg KOS to all of u !!! its like the best anime since dragon ball u fools

Clownst0pper
22-03-04, 18:24
Neo Genesis: Evangelian.

You want an Anime Feature that will warp your mind, make it implode then spit u back out?

Its the most complex 'film' ive ever watched.

P E R I O D

its good though;)

Myrlin
22-03-04, 18:25
Is it along the lines of Ninja Scroll or maybe Trigun? I really enjoyed both of those.

Ivory
22-03-04, 18:26
actually kasumi these animes are not licensed in uk or us so we are allowed to d/l and watch them, provided ur not distributing them, o and naruto pwns watch it until u get to ep 10 then you will luv it from there.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 18:30
Originally posted by Ivory
actually kasumi these animes are not licensed in uk or us so we are allowed to d/l and watch them, provided ur not distributing them, o and naruto pwns watch it until u get to ep 10 then you will luv it from there.

Yes it is your correct.. I still think it is stealing regardless of what country your in.. I dont care very much I actually am happy fansubbing groups are around for people who cannot get anime for financial reasons or any other reason.. BUT I do hate the fact people use fansubing groups to "get" free anime. Its not right in anyway regardless of what you think! Stealing is stealing!

Is it along the lines of Ninja Scroll or maybe Trigun? I really enjoyed both of those.

Naruto isnt anything like either of those.. It is Dragonball Z with a ninja theme.. ^_^

Bl@zed
22-03-04, 18:31

so what if i pay for anime kimjim!! :p

Tupac
22-03-04, 18:33
its kinda along the lines of trigun, its fresh very original and the fights are just too uber

Drake6k
22-03-04, 18:33
*points at avatar*

Tupac
22-03-04, 18:35
oh btw who's ur fave characters in naruto "this question is to kasumi" mines Rock Lee and Naruto cos they are both so funny and daft :D

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 18:36
Fan subs are technically still illegal, just the companies let it happen untill the animes are licensed, because they will end up gaining more revinue in the end.
So, in effect it's the fansubber, not the dlers :p.
Yeah, only after about ep 10 does it start getting better.

@Clown
Pffeh, EVA is waaaay overrated. It's good, but to be honest it covers stuff that anime does over and over and over again, the whole nature of existance/seeking acknowledgment from others and facing fears. Ugh, totally done to death.

SE: Lain is a better and slightly more original mind fuck anime.

FLCL... arg still watch that on a regular basis.

Parappa
22-03-04, 18:39
It's okay, but there's so much better also out there. It just happens to be the "new" DBZ.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 18:40
oh btw who's ur fave characters in naruto "this question is to kasumi" mines Rock Lee and Naruto cos they are both so funny and daft :D

Haruno Sakura and Yamanaka Ino They both have a good story and past.. :)

Edit: Kakeshi used to be my favorite but everyone likes him so I decided to look at other characters strong points.. Sasuke is to cold and I dont like his general atitude.. However I do like him for what he fights for.. ^_^ Atleast that is the general feeling ig et about him.. :) Naruto is your standard anime "hero".. So there is nothing to like about him..

Drake6k
22-03-04, 18:45
Favorite character: Jiraiya, He's just awesome.

About stupid anime. FLCL = stupidiest anime ever.
Worst would be Cowboy Bebop. American version is SO BAD and the japanese is still pretty boring... Watching cartoon network doesn't make you cool.

:cool:

I'm watching berserk right now and it's really good. Hunter x Hunter also ownz, if you like Naruto go download 10 hxh.

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 18:49
I'm not having a go at you as such, but could you explain why you think FLCL is stupid?

Drake6k
22-03-04, 19:09
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I'm not having a go at you as such, but could you explain why you think FLCL is stupid?

I can understand if someone would like its style. It's hard to follow (japanese one at least) and so "silly" that I found it to be stupid and not funny. It didn't make enough sense to keep me interested. I watched five episodes. But thats just me. I also didn't like Lain to much. (watched it on tech tv) Was very deep and smart but in the end I was bored. Everyone has different tastes.

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 19:19
Heh, the thought of FLCL in english... my god that's wierd.

I tend to find silly things to be entertaining, monty python and the like.
Though not all silly things, I can't stand Nadesco and it's bastard child Kiddy Grade. I also loathe the Kenshin series, the silly bits and the style grate on my immensely (QD almost wouldn't talk to me after I told him that).

ProfX
22-03-04, 19:24
any1 tried FMA?

quiet cool if u ask me

Kasumi
22-03-04, 19:26
Heh, the thought of FLCL in english... my god that's wierd.

I tend to find silly things to be entertaining, monty python and the like.
Though not all silly things, I can't stand Nadesco and it's bastard child Kiddy Grade. I also loathe the Kenshin series, the silly bits and the style grate on my immensely (QD almost wouldn't talk to me after I told him that).

I liked Kenshin once QD told me to watch it.. hehe :) Interesting story and I like the character development :P FLCL was umm really stupid.. Wasnt even funny..

Edit: hehe I have the FLCL DVDs sitting in the other room :P Collecting dust.. Anyoen want them? ^-^

StryfeX
22-03-04, 19:35
Never seen Naruto, but I think I might go see if I can find an episode or 2. I was never much of a fan of DB, so I may or may not like this.

Cowboy Bebop is quite possibly my favorite anime (Knocking on Heaven's Door > You :p) with Trigun running a close second.

EVA is decent, but it is also incredibly wierd.

--Stryfe

ProfX
22-03-04, 19:38
excuse my nibbishness, but what is FLCL?

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 19:40
ermmm.....

basically....

(fuck)

I can't explain it.
guitars, curry, mopeds, robots and aliens.

ProfX
22-03-04, 19:41
ermmm.....

basically....

(fuck)

I can't explain it.
guitars, curry, mopeds, robots and aliens.

:wtf:

err... just tell me what FLCL stands for then :D

Lathuc
22-03-04, 19:43
naruto me likes naruto and im really hooked on both the anime and the manga oh and the hxh manga is sooooo gooooood

Kasumi
22-03-04, 19:43
Originally posted by ProfX

Furi Curi

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 19:44

FLCL = furikuri

Tupac
22-03-04, 19:46
sakura sucks she is so useless!! she is only good at saying omg i love u sasuke or stating the obvious!!! Drake nice avatar :) oh yeah is there a new series of Beserk out cos from i what i remember it ends pretty badly

Kasumi
22-03-04, 19:49
sakura sucks she is so useless!! she is only good at saying omg i love u sasuke or stating the obvious!!! Drake nice avatar :) oh yeah is there a new series of Beserk out cos from i what i remember it ends pretty badly

The most useless people can be the most useful when the time comes for it.. :)

.Cyl0n
22-03-04, 19:49
lol

*takes tupac off buddylist and adds to kos*

:eek:

ProfX
22-03-04, 19:51
The most useless people can be the most useful when the time comes for it.. :)

exactly, sakura is the cutest meatshield around :D

Kasumi
22-03-04, 19:53
exactly, sakura is the cutest meatshield around :D

No, she has more importance than what is shown.. hehe ^_^

Lathuc
22-03-04, 19:53
oh and i forgot to add that my fav chars in naruto are tsunade (manga) and jirjaya (sp?)

Kasumi
22-03-04, 19:55
Originally posted by Lathuc
oh and i forgot to add that my fav chars in naruto are tsunade (manga) and jirjaya (sp?)

The manga is much better than the anime! You must agree! ^-^

Drake6k
22-03-04, 19:58
The manga is much better than the anime! You must agree! ^-^

It's the same thing... But cheaper. Anime did leave out a bunch of cool stuff but its not that different at all. And reading the manga made the anime boring :(

L0KI
22-03-04, 19:58
I dont get the obsession with Anime tbh...

You are watching cartoons right?
They are just cartoons like the ones from Cartoon Network?

Anyway, I have watched a few Manga movies:

Ghost in the Shell - Good story, bit cheesy, but still great.
Perfect Blue - Excellent story - i like this one.
Urotsukidoji - okay, theres something so twisted about this one. Other than the writers that appear to be obsessed with Rap3, this one is a great one to watch when high ;)

But i never really wasted valuable bandwidth downloading anime.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 20:02
Originally posted by L0KI

No, Stories and plots are put into anime.. The art is 20x better than most cartoons i have seen.. Disney movies dont even compare to anime style art.. :P Disney is a "big" thing in some parts of japan.. :) Characters are developed and MOST anime is based on Manga.. :)

Oddly they have a japanese cartoon network but again.. No :)

Urotsukidoji - okay, theres something so twisted about this one.

Gross ^-^

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 20:03

You are sooo gonna get flamed by the fanbois.

In japan, anime takes the place of stuff done over here in live action.

But, because the limits of anime are limited to what you can draw, you can explore a far greater range of subjects and to a greater level.

It's why some people in the west think that anime is some twisted and perverted medium, because it explores avenues that they accociate with live action, but think that cartoons = kiddy stuff.

Lathuc
22-03-04, 20:03
yes the manga is a lil better just because its gone longer into the story and has soem additionall stuff. but you just can't beat animation

Aziraphale
22-03-04, 20:56
Trigun = Best Animé series ever. With a fooking great theme tune :D

Princess Mononoke has to be the best film, if only for its absolutely incredible art and animation.

The Kenshin OVA's are good too. Never did find out what they stand for though =/

edit: oh, and FLCL is great too :D soundtrack kicks ass.

Mattimeo
22-03-04, 21:01
Actually, I kinda hated Naruto, just not my kind of series.

Trigun is good, but I think just a little over-rated by alot of people.

And Anime>cartoons>most other normal TV shows.

thank you

Edit: Also, Spirited Away is a better Studio Ghibli film, but just IMHO.

g0rt
22-03-04, 21:03
Originally posted by Mattimeo

And Anime>cartoons>most other normal TV shows.

I think its more

normal TV shows>cartoons>mydog>pieceoflintonthefloor>anime

;d

Mattimeo
22-03-04, 21:07
I think its more

;d

Closer to

Anime>Cartoons>pieceoflintonthefloor>"normal TV">whatyourdogatetheotherday'scurrentstatus>jerry springer>reality tv>news

thats about how it breaks down, really.

g0rt
22-03-04, 21:09
Closer to

Anime>Cartoons>pieceoflintonthefloor>"normal TV">whatyourdogatetheotherday'scurrentstatus>jerry springer>reality tv>news

thats about how it breaks down, really.

negative!

some of us enjoy programming with more then 2 frames per second and the same backdrops used 50 times in 10 minutes :D

Kasumi
22-03-04, 21:11
negative!

some of us enjoy programming with more then 2 frames per second and the same backdrops used 50 times in 10 minutes :D

Anime is 24 frames per second I think.. Back drops??? If anything you must be talking about american cartoons ^-^

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 21:18
Hehehe, scooby doo :p.

So you percieve the events in a fictional story, jerry springer, big brother and dog shit to be of greater importance that the real life events that have serious and very real effects on you?

g0rt
22-03-04, 21:19

So you percieve the events in a fictional story, jerry springer, big brother and dog shit to be of greater importance that the real life events that have serious and very real effects on you?

Leave him be, hes just a youngin' ;p

Kasumi
22-03-04, 21:42

So you percieve the events in a fictional story to be of greater importance that the real life events that have serious and very real effects on you?

Editted for Dribble Joy.. ^_^

Leave him be, hes just a youngin' ;p

:rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
22-03-04, 21:48
What?

no.

ugh.

It was a rather sarcastic remark at what mattimeo said.

Scooby doo was a reference to their use of the same backgrounds and minimal frames a second, relpying to the comment by g0rt.

wish people wouldn't read so much into things I say, people should know from my spamming that I don't often seriously mean what I post, and generally not one to flame.

Kasumi
22-03-04, 21:51
What?

no.

ugh.

It was a rather sarcastic remark at what mattimeo said.

Scooby doo was a reference to their use of the same backgrounds and minimal frames a second, relpying to the comment by g0rt.

wish people wouldn't read so much into things I say, people should know from my spamming that I don't often seriously mean what I post, and generally not one to flame.

I am sorry! I didnt know that.. I Am awfully tired and having trouble reading things.. Oh well sorry! I will edit my post.. ^-^

Lathuc
22-03-04, 22:52
best anime evar is my neighbour totoro its just so funny then there are others like princess mononoke and spirited away

icarium
22-03-04, 22:53
I doubt it but I would rather get a perfect quality DvD than a low quality anime off bittorrent.. Your also stealing from my country :P it costs millions and sometimes billions of YEN to produce anime.. :)

isnt that like £20 in real money though?

JOKE! :p

ServeX
22-03-04, 23:05
stuckinafish showed me some of it via the aim picture thing, but I didn't like it that much :(. I'm not big on Anime.

Mattimeo
22-03-04, 23:18

the last time the news broadcasted anything of importance to me was when my parents sent in my birthday when i was 12 and had it read on the air. The news (at least where I live) is trite, and is used 90% of the time to attempt to scare the general populace as part of ongoing propaganda in the country. and thats just the local news, I won't even get into CNN.

although, I do find Techlive's news sometimes relevant.

I put personal enjoyment above useless information, yes.

sanityislost
23-03-04, 00:00
Escaflowne is one of my all time favs, will check Naruto out soon :)

ServeX
23-03-04, 00:23
there was a guy in EON named EsCaFloWnE but I haven't seen him since EON was disbanded.

Ivory
23-03-04, 00:43
my favorite characters are hyuga hinata and hyuga neji, more specifically their fighting style is good i mean "to attack the inner organs, u can't train urself up for that".

Rock lee is amazing, a geeky bruce lee lol.

I think some of the characters need to be developed a bit more, I like the fact that it does give backgrounds on characters but there are more episodes so maybe they'll be developed more.

Also another one of my fav's is Hokage's grandson I can't remember his name, everytime I see him he just makes me fall over my chair he's that funny - dumb child lol.

Dribble Joy
23-03-04, 00:47
Konohamaru.

Shadow Dancer
23-03-04, 03:50
I think its more

;d

You know g0rt, I like you more and more everyday.

I agree with your "equation". :p

Aziraphale
23-03-04, 17:19
Originally posted by sanityislost
Escaflowne is one of my all time favs, will check Naruto out soon :)

Escaflowne is coolio indeed. Apparently the movie sucks balls though