PDA

View Full Version : First Love question.

Liebestoter
22-03-04, 00:54
Scanning through previous threads about rifles gave me the impression that there's something wrong with the First Love. Is there? If so, what is it exactly?

Thanks.

Psyco Groupie
22-03-04, 00:59
Its accuracy is poor for a 'long range' weapon .. too many 'bolts' miss

Omnituens
22-03-04, 01:00
yeah, only things its good for is hitting stealthers :p

Liebestoter
22-03-04, 01:18
Hmm, back in the day Joystick outdamaged several CS tanks with his FL.. have they done anything to the damage?

Eddie
22-03-04, 01:54
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Its accuracy is poor for a 'long range' weapon .. too many 'bolts' miss

What makes it long range (beside the stats on it....not that I know them.. but recoil on it is massive).

Plasma weapons traditionally miss a lot (referring to CS.. dunno about Ravager?).. so I guess the First Love is no different?

Eddie

Melkior
22-03-04, 02:20
ravager isnt *really* a plasma weapon...it's more like a green laser... =-P

Keiron
22-03-04, 02:45
Originally posted by Liebestoter
have they done anything to the damage?
Yes and no. They left the FL damage alone ever since its first nerf. However, Plasma Cannon damage has been uped more then once since then. In the next patch, the damage should be fixed and the weapons should be balanced. At least that's what KK have been saying:rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
22-03-04, 02:49
Originally posted by Melkior
ravager isnt *really* a plasma weapon...it's more like a green laser... =-P

blue, and it doesnt miss, ever afaik

Valkyrie
22-03-04, 02:53
CS misses less than FL at close range, I just don't see that could be as it was intended :confused:

Glok
22-03-04, 03:33
Originally posted by Melkior
ravager isnt *really* a plasma weapon...it's more like a green laser... =-P Look at my sig. :p

naimex
22-03-04, 09:34
ravager hits practically all shots, if you can keep lock
ravager hits nothing if you dont have target in reticle when you shoot.
ravager hits 2/3 of a shot if you dont have lock but just target in reticle during press of button to shoot.

cs hits practically all shots, if you can keep lock
cs hits 0-1/4 shot if you dont have target in reticle when you shoot.
cs hits 2-3/4 if you dont have lock but only have target in reticle during press of button to shoot.

first love hits practically all shots, if you can keep lock
first love hits 0/4 shots if you dont have target in reticle when you shoot.
first love hits 1-2/4 shots if you dont have lock but only have target in reticle during press of button to shoot.

(Based on Test Server tests)

jernau
22-03-04, 11:11
At what range was that test done?

I haven't used my FL much for ages because at anything over about 100m it was lucky to hit 2/4 even with a full lock. If the aiming is un-fucked I'll dig it out again.

g0rt
22-03-04, 11:13
Originally posted by Liebestoter
Scanning through previous threads about rifles gave me the impression that there's something wrong with the First Love. Is there? If so, what is it exactly?

Thanks.

What wrong with the first love? It requires 114 dex but hurts less then some rares under tl100, for starters.

It misses alot of bolts, as its been said.

Its impossible to cap if you want a half decent resist setup, you get to choose one or the other:

1. capped first love, pray noone hits you with a fire apoc

2. uncapped first love

Original monk
22-03-04, 16:02
Originally posted by g0rt
What wrong with the first love? It requires 114 dex but hurts less then some rares under tl100, for starters.

It misses alot of bolts, as its been said.

Its impossible to cap if you want a half decent resist setup, you get to choose one or the other:

1. capped first love, pray noone hits you with a fire apoc

2. uncapped first love

but: chicks dig it !

they love the plasmarifle with green swirley !

and so do i :)

i really hope the weaponTLchanges boost the FL a bit (a bit hard) :P

naimex
22-03-04, 16:30
Originally posted by jernau
At what range was that test done?

point blank -> duel distance

wolfwood
22-03-04, 16:33
I have no clue why people think first love sucks, maybe because they try to shoot people from way the hell away. First love is in my opinion a weapon used when u have been caught sniping and need to fight to make it out, or u catch a player off gaurd.

Psyco Groupie
22-03-04, 16:33
Originally posted by naimex

aka not fl useage range

and it does miss even when locked point blank

SorkZmok
22-03-04, 17:27
Originally posted by wolfwood
I have no clue why people think first love sucks, maybe because they try to shoot people from way the hell away. First love is in my opinion a weapon used when u have been caught sniping and need to fight to make it out, or u catch a player off gaurd. Well the dmg you can deal to an unaware player is quite insane, still its shit.

Fuck-all aiming, extreme stamina drain and extremely heavy ammo. Its shit. At every distance. Even "crawl-up-someones-ass-distance". :)

Omnituens
22-03-04, 17:36
i still want one... it shoots green things :p

the plasma rifles have the best v_model out of all the rifles, followed closely by the sniper rifle.

jernau
22-03-04, 19:03
Originally posted by naimex

That would explain it. :)

IMO that's very broken then - it's a spy-only weapon in all practical terms and spies are ranged fighters (or at least they are meant to be).

Psyco Groupie
22-03-04, 19:05
That would explain it. :)

IMO that's very broken then - it's a spy-only weapon in all practical terms and spies are ranged fighters (or at least they are meant to be).

Not only that but on the 'info' it says range of upto 400 m or something so o_O

jernau
22-03-04, 19:09
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Not only that but on the 'info' it says range of upto 400 m or something so o_O

Well that's because the pretty green balls go 400M sidewise into the nearest guard/hill/wall.

Divide
22-03-04, 21:11
when/if you conquer pluto, come to saturn and try your luck with me.

jernau
22-03-04, 21:39
Originally posted by Divide
when/if you conquer pluto, come to saturn and try your luck with me.

Is that for me?

If so - I've always been on Saturn and we have fought a few times. Mostly when my Rifle Spy was in TT. The nearest thing we had to a duel you thoroughly kicked my arse. I've never claimed I have "mad skillz" because I don't think I do, especially as I enjoy playing all classes which is not good for keeping an edge in any one.

Divide
22-03-04, 21:57
Is that for me?

If so - I've always been on Saturn and we have fought a few times. Mostly when my Rifle Spy was in TT. The nearest thing we had to a duel you thoroughly kicked my arse. I've never claimed I have "mad skillz" because I don't think I do, especially as I enjoy playing all classes which is not good for keeping an edge in any one.

that was for the thread starter. I dont claim to have "mad skillz" I just think Im pretty good.

jernau
22-03-04, 21:59
that was for the thread starter. I dont claim to have "mad skillz" I just think Im pretty good.

Ah Ok, it did seem a bit odd. :)

btw What faction/clan are you now that NAT has split?

Clownst0pper
22-03-04, 23:20
$tormbringer may give divide a run for his money..

But there arent any players on saturn who are as dedicated to a Spy as divide.

Kaolin-

Divide
23-03-04, 00:55
Ah Ok, it did seem a bit odd. :)

btw What faction/clan are you now that NAT has split?

I didnt go to fa with NAT. I stayed biotech for quite some time-- then I moved ,and changed credit cards, so I was out of game for almost a month due to that. Changed Divide to TG, but for now, all my other chars are bio. I dont plan on moving any more chars to another faction til I can make a choice I will be happy with. I tried to stay out of the cartel/nat fued because I like both clans.

But nowadays, I got the nd clan key back and started up my old clan chuchurockets-- its just a fuckaround clan, so unless most if the skilled players on saturn come knocking at my doorstep, it will stay that way. But, seeing as how I like cartel, if somehow ccr becomes big and mean, Id probably try to spark up some form of simbiotic relationship or something... who knows. anywho, Im late for class.

Divide
23-03-04, 05:23
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
$tormbringer may give divide a run for his money..

But there arent any players on saturn who are as dedicated to a Spy as divide.

Kaolin-

I have to say Morris is quite good as well. Though for some reason or another I dont seem to hold pistol spies in much esteem, due to the fact that their weapons are generally more powerful than the rifle versions.
RoLH is more powerful then rog because of the rate of fire.
Exe owns the redeemer hands down.
From the limited amount of exposure to the boh, I cant say it is more powerful than the healing light... but Ive seen a lot more people running around with the boh than the hlight.
The judge, I'd say is close to on par with the fl, and because of that, the capped freq needs to be 227.
the slasher wipes the fucking floor with the disruptor.

SorkZmok
23-03-04, 05:40
RoLH is more powerful then rog because of the rate of fire.
Exe owns the redeemer hands down.
From the limited amount of exposure to the boh, I cant say it is more powerful than the healing light... but Ive seen a lot more people running around with the boh than the hlight.
The judge, I'd say is close to on par with the fl, and because of that, the capped freq needs to be 227.
the slasher wipes the fucking floor with the disruptor.

Amen my friend.
Sometimes im thinking about lomming my spy to pistols just to see how i perform with more runspeed, more resists and better firepower.... o_O

Damn i`d love to fight you. That fight would be some great event! ;)

Divide
23-03-04, 06:09
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Amen my friend.
Sometimes im thinking about lomming my spy to pistols just to see how i perform with more runspeed, more resists and better firepower.... o_O

Damn i`d love to fight you. That fight would be some great event! ;)

yeah, Ive always wanted to be able to go cross-server and fight the best spies other planets have to offer-- it'd be nice if inter-server neofrag was in the works.

SorkZmok
23-03-04, 06:47
it'd be nice if inter-server neofrag was in the works. Someone tattoo that right onto MJS's forehead please. :p

g0rt
23-03-04, 10:39
nf is bugged to hell as it is, i think they are a long way from inter-server neofrag thats for sure

'tis a shame, because it would rock.

Ryuben
23-03-04, 15:02
if they had a side thing once a month, where they export the base chars and have it so a GM would spawn items for them.

Make it a different server and make acts and people who want to watch have to sign up ingame or out of game and are given a "act" to log into the new server with.

Charge NC credits make it a BD enterprise.

Cash sink + entertainment.

and it wouldn't cost that much cos u would only need to host it say once a week :D or bi weekly

jernau
23-03-04, 15:19
Or reserve a time once a month to do it on the Test Server*. Limit the number of fighters to 10 and spectators to 20 say to keep the load managable.

* - I know this isn't what it's there for and I find it very annoying that some people only use the TS for character tweakery but one day a month is not a lot and it might even help address some balance issues.