PDA

View Full Version : get rid of the ppus?

awkward silence
21-03-04, 09:07
I think we should get rid of ppu's.
I when you die you should be dead not just sleepin.:angel:
Also mc5 should be make possible if ppus removed.

Anyway a long shot but...who feels the same way.

vote:) oh and comment too all you ppu lovers and haters

ps. I also think they ruin pvp.... like one day a red dude was battling meh in oz (CA or TT) and it was fun as hell until a ppu showed up
ruined the fun and i had to run like hell:(

pps. I have a ppu use it only for mc5

awk

Invertigo
21-03-04, 09:11
yes please, remove that hunk of junk that ive spent 6 months leveling

Shujin
Originally posted by awkward silence
I think we should get rid of ppu's.
I when you die you should be dead not just sleepin.:angel:
Also mc5 should be make possible if ppus removed.

Anyway a long shot but...who feels the same way.

vote:) oh and comment too all you ppu lovers and haters

ps. I also think they ruin pvp.... like one day a red dude was battling meh in oz (CA or TT) and it was fun as hell until a ppu showed up
ruined the fun and i had to run like hell:(

pps. I have a ppu use it only for mc5

awk new to the forum huh?

*gives you a wad of cash, blanket, and a new haircut*
run... run for your life...

ps. you might want to call the fire department, i predict alot of flames...

Shadow Dancer
Yes I hate them, and yes part of me wants them gone so pvp can finally be balanced.

But I suppose it would be unfair to all the players who play and love ppus. :rolleyes:

We should find a way to keep them in-game. Although sometimes the denial that some ppus in this forum display, make me want them banished forever.

Ok enough rambling, my vote is no.

Invertigo
21-03-04, 09:12
[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

Shujin
21-03-04, 09:14
Originally posted by Invertigo
edited for consistancy[B]
[B]yes please, remove that hunk of junk that ive spent 6 months leveling

O_o... you call yourself a pussy?

awkward silence
21-03-04, 09:16
yeah i have a ppu ive spent 6+ months lvling so i understand
but i still hate em:mad:

oh ive played this game for like ....a bit less than a year but new to the forums

never had a reason until now

Invertigo
21-03-04, 09:16
Originally posted by Shujin
O_o... you call yourself a pussy?

no, i dont go around on my ppu to just paraspam and damage boost people, i only use it when were in a fight with the other team using a PPU, other than that all i do with it is help my freinds level.

on my tank, and im in pepper park fighting, i will never ask for a PPU's help, unless the opposing guy synced out and sometimes ill ask for a quick heal, thats it...no healing mid fights, no buffs, no primes... no parashocking the enemy...nothing.

kthx:p

Jest
21-03-04, 09:20
On the one hand Im tempted to agree, because we will never have true balance as long as the PPU exists imo. Though on the other Im gonna have to say no, the PPU type class should exist in a game like this, but would be nice to see some tweaks happen. We should aim for balance instead of just axing the character completely. :p

TheGreatMilenko
21-03-04, 09:22
dont remove them jus make them so they can only do PvM not PvP

Invertigo
21-03-04, 09:23
i wouldnt mind somthing like, not being able to s/d others but yourself...or somthing like that, but you need a ppu to heal/rez people...you just do...

and believe me, i think im one of the people who hates it the most when you kill someone and then they just log off, or call a PPU on ts to come rez them...i HATE that, especially when i loose symp and SL for it..

edit: and also, how do you propose getting rid of PPU's without taking away all the heals and shit in the game? how are PE's going to function without there heal/shelter? they will be basically like a spy...

awkward silence
21-03-04, 09:29
cool idea to make em only pvm:D
would be a bit better maybe than just removing em

oh no no keep the lowest lvls of all spells usable cept maybe ppus should be fully pvm

lol just realized i wont work:wtf: stupid meh:p

Exmond
21-03-04, 09:30
Originally posted by TheGreatMilenko

HURRRRRRR?!??!??!?!

They heal other people, buff other players and cast shelter on other players...

All right, lets make all that stuff PvM..

I end with HURRRRRRRRR?!?!?!

Shujin
21-03-04, 09:47
Originally posted by Exmond
HURRRRRRR?!??!??!?!

They heal other people, buff other players and cast shelter on other players...

All right, lets make all that stuff PvM..

I end with HURRRRRRRRR?!?!?! omg when i read that i had a vision of homer simpson in meh head going HUURRRRRRRR?! ;]

so funny ;]

Shadow Dancer
21-03-04, 10:00
Onoz jest went to the dark side.

edit: and also, how do you propose getting rid of PPU's without taking away all the heals and shit in the game? how are PE's going to function without there heal/shelter? they will be basically like a spy...

Simple, let PEs keep their spells. :p

You could always take away bless and holy buffs. :D

Lanigav
21-03-04, 10:04
No. I love my PPU.

Invertigo
21-03-04, 10:11
if you guys seriously sit down and think about it, it cant happen, and wont.

the only way would to completely remove all spells over a blessed deflector and tl 3 heal... there goes half the game...

i would rather be forced to be a weaker hybrid than to be completely removed from the game...

Endar
21-03-04, 10:11
I think this is one of the most stupid posts i have ever seen on this forum... If the PPUs would be removed why not to remove Tanks as well? They are kinda uber in combat and can take massive damage. Oh and remove SPYs aswell, they have too much intelligence and can snipe players 400meters away. Hmm... APUs and PEs left, i say remove APUs too, it would be the only magic class in game and would be lonely...

Seriously PPUs are ONLY supporting class in the game, like Priests or Mages from other MMORPGs. Maybe they can own nearly anyone when they are capped and it only takes 10mins to do so.. But then again, right now a capped tank can own pretty much everyone if the player is good enought.

Blah enought of this stupid BS, im going to get some coffee...

awkward silence
21-03-04, 11:08
I was wondering when teh flaming comes instead of constructive opinions... well i think they ruin pvp and should be removed.

Keep in mind i have a capped ppu so i know what im talkin about

hivemind
21-03-04, 11:13
Sure, shitcan 'em.

I mean, maybe if we all clamor for PPUs to be deleted then Reakktor will compromise and finally do what we really want, which is the removal of Holy Buffs and Parashocks.

Invertigo
21-03-04, 11:14
Originally posted by Endar
I think this is one of the most stupid posts i have ever seen on this forum... If the PPUs would be removed why not to remove Tanks as well? They are kinda uber in combat and can take massive damage. Oh and remove SPYs aswell, they have too much intelligence and can snipe players 400meters away. Hmm... APUs and PEs left, i say remove APUs too, it would be the only magic class in game and would be lonely...

Seriously PPUs are ONLY supporting class in the game, like Priests or Mages from other MMORPGs. Maybe they can own nearly anyone when they are capped and it only takes 10mins to do so.. But then again, right now a capped tank can own pretty much everyone if the player is good enought.

Blah enought of this stupid BS, im going to get some coffee...

10 mins to cap a ppu?

you gotta tell me your secret:p im only 90 base after 6 monthso_O

Shadow Dancer
21-03-04, 11:23
10 mins to cap a ppu?

you gotta tell me your secret:p im only 90 base after 6 monthso_O

He meant 10 mins to kill someone.

hivemind
21-03-04, 11:27
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
He meant 10 mins to kill someone.
10 mins to kill someone? Man it takes me 30 with my pistol PPU...

]v[ortice
21-03-04, 11:33
I voted NO.

Cause I don't want PPUS to go.

I do now think however... It's time to limit them. I don't know how we could do it, but PPUs need to be limited now. There are fewer playing on my server now, but last nite I heard of an OP fight where 3 clans fought 1. The singular clan had eleven members online and they were all at the fight. Six of them were PPUs. That's fucking stupid.

For the basis of OP fights I would ask KK to implement a team based system where 2 clans would each name a team with a maximum of 2 PPUS in (probably extending team limit to 12) using the citycom to issue a formal challenge and name your team. The OP would then become the winners of say 3 rounds for at least a week before it can be challenged for again. Financial bonus increased to clans who own OPs too.

Xiphias
21-03-04, 11:39
no,
i don't think ppus should be killed off totally, but maybe somehow the amount of ppus there is should be cut down... i mean everyone and their mum has a ppu.

doesn't take a good ppu to buff someone before they enter pp, maybe you could stop casting buffs in safe zones? and only castable in anarchy zones and warzones?

ino
21-03-04, 12:23
First glance thought: Hell noo. I hate you and your idea :)

Tho some extensive testing of some ideas (there are some good ones they are just VERY few) and we might find a sollution.

I wont be the happiest human on the face of the planet if I connect one day after a patch and my now over a year old I think ppu is gone.

edit. about the no casting buffs in safe zones. Hmm cst, spy and support should be castable :) Maby make it so the ppu can only self cast haz and combat buffs in safe zones or something. Its the fresh buffs that might save the ppu zoning in to pp and get a nice sync screen.

naimex
21-03-04, 12:28
Originally posted by TheGreatMilenko

oh my, that was a very good idea.

make the only type of the monk class that cant really ATTACK not be able to : participate in fights and only keep self alive.

Leave the PPUs as they are already !!

they can be killed.
but they have a hard time killing you.

theyre fucked enough as they are.

its boring as hell playing a PPU... removing them from PvP.. why dont we just remove all spells, and all psi ?

then well have every PE from here to chinatown whining about lack of shelter and deflector.

ánd every thread will be nerf the tank, because then they will infact be dominating so much that no one really has the slightest chance.

leave the PPUs alone.

ezza
21-03-04, 14:03
make every monk a hybrid and balance from there

thats my suggestion anyway

Candaman
21-03-04, 14:25
Shad u think that ppu's wreck pvp yet when i was on my PE @ emmerson a couple of days ago u were there u and a ppu vs me so its nice how u can be so hypocrital (on forums) no ppu's wreck pvp i don't use them i'm one of the most solo apu's out there. (in game) quick stick up my ass so who ever i'm fighting against has no chance oh yeah and its only one pe so quick para db him cus apu's don't do enough dmg.

MrChumble
21-03-04, 14:31
<insert general flaming of the thread starter>

PPU don't need the be removed, they need to be balanced.

Scikar
21-03-04, 14:32
Turn them all into PPU-based hybrids. they can still have their support capability, but give them a chance to fight back. Then make them killable. They should still have the strongest defence, but instead of almost invulnerable/no offense they should have best defence / weak offense. If people still want to play a supporting char which doesn't attack, then they can still play a PPU-based hybrid and not use any offensive spells.

@Can: You're saying he should tell the PPU to fuck off and fight on his own? Shad's point is that he doesn't sit in his apartment until he can get a PPU to come out with him and sit up his ass all day. Besides, what's he supposed to do, attack the PPU? And then the PPU switches sides, and helps you kill him? :rolleyes:

Bruce
21-03-04, 14:34
Everyone who voted yes here would cry and cry and whine 1 day after they would remove ppu:) cause you guys just dont know how dependant you are on ppus. Btw removin ppus would kick out apus of OP fights, not 1 on 1 thats still ok. And personally i dont like to be cut out of op fights cause i am specialized team based op fightin class.

Yes that means NO.;)

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 14:40
You cant remove ppus, you'd have to remove passive psi use .. in other wods your'd have to remove PE's too ... so no.

Birkoff
21-03-04, 14:40
Never seen this subject come up before... oh I'm lying.

I didn't post on the vote as (PK made a posat aboput this atm) the poll is lame so bias and nearly as bad as the subject at hand.

All I'll say is can i have some of what your smoking plz?

Scikar
21-03-04, 14:45
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
You cant remove ppus, you'd have to remove passive psi use .. in other wods your'd have to remove PE's too ... so no.

Thanks for reading my post, I appreciate it.

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 14:48
Originally posted by Scikar
Thanks for reading my post, I appreciate it.

Im replying to the thread starter ... i couldnt give a flying pig what fantasmo idea you came up with, cos its jsut as bad.

Scikar
21-03-04, 14:49
Im replying to the thread starter ... i couldnt give a flying pig what fantasmo idea you came up with, cos its jsut as bad.

Yet you whine when KK has the exact same attitude?

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 14:56
Yet you whine when KK has the exact same attitude?

when ?

I've said all classes are FINE atleast 5 times in the last week

Egeon
21-03-04, 14:58
Turn them all into PPU-based hybrids. they can still have their support capability, but give them a chance to fight back. Then make them killable. They should still have the strongest defence, but instead of almost invulnerable/no offense they should have best defence / weak offense. If people still want to play a supporting char which doesn't attack, then they can still play a PPU-based hybrid and not use any offensive spells.

And here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81612) is a link to something very similar to what Scikar suggests.

I've said all classes are FINE atleast 5 times in the last week
Just one word: ROFL!
nuff said

Candaman
21-03-04, 16:54
Originally posted by Egeon
Just one word: ROFL!
nuff said

thats actually a acronym and not a word (consists of 4 words but 5 if u wanna be gramatical)

Myrlin
21-03-04, 17:03
Wow 3 pages and no one has said it yet. Make S/D self cast only.

Besides, if you removed PPUs, PEs would become the new anal attachment for all PvPers. Anything to get that extra edge right?

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 17:12
two diff classes and a ppu each is an even and sometimes long fight .. how is that not balanced ? ...:rolleyes:

Scikar
21-03-04, 17:12
Originally posted by Myrlin
Wow 3 pages and no one has said it yet. Make S/D self cast only.

Besides, if you removed PPUs, PEs would become the new anal attachment for all PvPers. Anything to get that extra edge right?

The difference is, you can outdamage a capped TL3 heal + TL25 shelter. ;)

EDIT: Uhhh... PPU + Tank vs APU + PE. Name the winners.

ino
21-03-04, 17:47
A very good ppu and a tank vs the apu pe combo should almost always end with the ppu and the tank winning. But the pe and the apu has a chance, they even might have a chance vs the very good team it's just not that easy. It should not be easy because the nature of the ppu to enhance his team vs a normal team in this case.

A very good ppu and a smart/good tank even without shelter and def have a much bigger chance of winning than the apu pe combo, the way it is supposed to be.

Ppu's are killable, the not so very good ppus can die pretty easily, but the good one's are a pain in the ass, but shit happens.

Pls dont make it sound like a ppu whatever class combo vs a combo of whatever other classes can never win cause thats just bullshit. The better the ppu offcourse the lesser chance of winning. If the tank with the ppu sucks the pe can survive alone for quite a while if its one of the good ones that knows what they are doing, the apu can be a smart apu and keep a little distance and they could end the tank, bla bla bla jada jada jada.

if kk is going to change some stuff about the ppu Im all for connecting to the test server to make sure its a viable change and that it actually works before hitting retail. I've said it before there are some very few but still pretty nice ideas about trying to balance the ppu some, and im not affraid to test it out and give an oppinion about it later.

Dont Mess
21-03-04, 18:06
Yes I hate them, and yes part of me wants them gone so pvp can finally be balanced.

But I suppose it would be unfair to all the players who play and love ppus. :rolleyes:

We should find a way to keep them in-game. Although sometimes the denial that some ppus in this forum display, make me want them banished forever.

Ok enough rambling, my vote is no.

Where is shadow dancer and WHAT HAVE U DONE WITH HIM?!?!?!?!?!???

borlegan
21-03-04, 18:10
ummm... errr... hmmmm.... warn me before I loom to ppu, k ? 8|

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 18:21
friggin lag

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 18:22
whats wrong with ppus ? if you want a long fight ie. at an OP .. you take a ppu .. if the other team dont have a ppu they arent gonna win that fight .. snot rocket science

and if someone plays the 'dependance' card .. what about hackers.

/me rests case

Aziraphale
21-03-04, 18:59
No, it would just fuck everything and everyone up.

Kal
21-03-04, 19:04
no no no no no no no no on no no no on no FUCKING NO!!!

Devils Grace
21-03-04, 19:06
i think we should get rid of ppl like urself

get lost

Drake6k
21-03-04, 19:13
Remove ppu monks!!!!!!!!
Do you have any idea how fun pvp would be then??

You know... give them a skill release so they can all spec over to apu :D

*runs*

Carinth
21-03-04, 19:23
Once you start avoiding problems by just erasing them, you're not gonna stop. Get rid of ppu's, then the focus will be one someone else. For example pe's might take the spotlite, they have the strongest psi spells and can stealth. How unfair is that? They ruin pvp man! So lets get rid of pe's. Then we'll wipe out the Tanks, they're way too strong in pvp, noone else has a chance. They can run so fast every fight becomes close combat, in which they excel at. Alright now we're talking, apu's, gimp hybrids, and spies. Well lets just get rid of the apu's and hybrids, let's get rid of monks entirely since a class that is only point and click has no skills. Let's just dump them.

Ah now we're all spies, and the game is balanced. Time to have fun!

Devils Grace
21-03-04, 19:29
carith i dont think u know but the thread starter as so some of the suporters of this idea, are PE's

Egeon
21-03-04, 19:43
Originally posted by Devils Grace
carith i dont think u know but the thread starter as so some of the suporters of this idea, are PE's
omg omg I play all classes (including a PE), and I support Scikars post.
so what? :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
21-03-04, 19:46
Originally posted by Carinth
Once you start avoiding problems by just erasing them, you're not gonna stop. Get rid of ppu's, then the focus will be one someone else. For example pe's might take the spotlite, they have the strongest psi spells and can stealth. How unfair is that? They ruin pvp man! So lets get rid of pe's. Then we'll wipe out the Tanks, they're way too strong in pvp, noone else has a chance. They can run so fast every fight becomes close combat, in which they excel at. Alright now we're talking, apu's, gimp hybrids, and spies. Well lets just get rid of the apu's and hybrids, let's get rid of monks entirely since a class that is only point and click has no skills. Let's just dump them.

Ah now we're all spies, and the game is balanced. Time to have fun!

Slippery slope abuse.

Typical.

Originally posted by Egeon
omg omg I play all classes (including a PE), and I support Scikars post.
so what? :rolleyes:

Hah. He meant the thread starter. Scikar's idea is different.
Anyways, I had an idea similar to Scikar's along time ago. Hybrids can still be support chars. If a hybrid can attack and defend. A hybrid who CHOOSES to defend all the time or most of the time is being the healer/protecter in that battle. You don't have to be a PURE passive char to be a protecter/cleric.

But of course, i'm sure PPUs wouldn't like this idea either.

EDIT: I didn't see anyone support the threadstarter's idea. I thought he was alone, hehe.

Carinth
21-03-04, 20:15
Originally posted by Devils Grace

so? He said he's also a ppu, what does it matter?

Slippery slope abuse.

Typical.

haha <3

While I was definitly exagerating, you know it's true. Running away from balance issues helps noone. If we can't balance ppu's, there's little hope of balancing monks in general. Balancing the other classes without monk's around might be easier, but there are still plenty of problems. You've already taken the easy way out for monks, why would you apply yourself at fixing other classes?

Shadow Dancer
21-03-04, 20:18
Well car, to my knowledge, no other class(aside from hybrid...oh a monk!) gave as much problems as the PPU is giving now. No other class is so friggin hard to balance. etc...

But anyways like I said, for the sake of the mofos who already play ppus, we should try to find a way to balance them.

awkward silence
22-03-04, 00:39
It seems most ppl want ppus around...well atleast 18 ppl atm supporting meh. :) If you had a non flaming opinion i thank you.
Even if not same as mine. I mainly wanted to get this idea on the table
to be discussed and i hope it will go on and maybe reach a mutual understanding. :lol: I sound like a f**king politician.

[ Edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]