PDA

View Full Version : Pro-city or anti-city...a decison for life.

RayBob
21-03-04, 06:01
I think that when the expansion comes out, everyone should have to choose whether they are pro-city or anti-city. Changing sides would require rerolling your character.

Zanathos
21-03-04, 06:02
to change sides? yes

to switch factions in a side? no.

Psycho Killa
21-03-04, 06:03
Actualy I agree.

Though not reroll I think you should have to go through hell and back to prove that you are no longer loyal to one side and prove your allegience to the other side. By hell I mean something thats better then completely rerolling but not easy enough that it can be done frequently. Perhaps you can only change sides every real life 3 months? So if I decided to switch to pro city today I couldnt swith to anti city for a good 3 months. Lets you have variety without abusing it.

After all in real life criminals do reform and help out police agencies. Why cant a neocron citizen wake up one day and realize the errors of there ways and decide they are better of in york?

L0KI
21-03-04, 06:09
perhaps they could introduce some hella long Epic/Quest for changing sides, that involves WAY WAY WAY too much effort to do ;)

petek480
21-03-04, 06:10
It would be awesome if they add something like that. It'll keep people from switching sides, just becuase they're on the losing side, and joining the winning one.

jernau
21-03-04, 06:34
If NC goes RedVsBlue I'm rerolling - in another game.

If I want to play a simple 2-sided FPS I have a dozen installed on this PC that are a hell of a lot better in that regard than NC.

Psycho Killa
21-03-04, 06:37
Uh not so fast I think it will be red vs blue but not simply red vs blue.

In times of war red would unite in the common interest against blue. Though when that war isnt raging im sure theyre will be conflicts within red and blue. I doubt tsunami and black dragon will be holding hands around a campfire singing songs.

petek480
21-03-04, 06:39
Originally posted by jernau
If NC goes RedVsBlue I'm rerolling - in another game.

If I want to play a simple 2-sided FPS I have a dozen installed on this PC that are a hell of a lot better in that regard than NC.
Umm wtf you think they're trying to do something like a redvsblue? I'm pretty sure it's not becuase the rpers who are having tea gets into fights becuase one rper brings someone tahts an enemy to them. They're doing it for the war system. It's easier to fight when theres basically two sides instead of the what we have now where you can't bring allies in becuase they're also allied with your enemy.

jernau
21-03-04, 06:53
Originally posted by petek480
Umm wtf you think they're trying to do something like a redvsblue? I'm pretty sure it's not becuase the rpers who are having tea gets into fights becuase one rper brings someone tahts an enemy to them. They're doing it for the war system. It's easier to fight when theres basically two sides instead of the what we have now where you can't bring allies in becuase they're also allied with your enemy.

Reading that hurt my brain. It's either your spelling/grammer or my level of intoxication. Actually it's probably half and half but either way - if I want a gank-fest I play Q3/CS/UT/etc. They are simply better in every regard for that. I tried Planetside, which was/is meant to be a hyrid stat/twitch system and I hated it. It failed miserably in every way IMO (I'm sure others loved it but I didn't). If NC becomes another PS I'll leave and that's it. I've loved this game for a long time (I was following it for more than a year before I even got into beta) and still do. I've seen it through a lot of good and bad and always believed I'd be here until the servers went to ebay but I don't want to watch it deliberately commit suicide.

Marx
21-03-04, 07:40
I like the idea.

Now people would actually have to make a stand about their character instead of hopping factions to join the clan of the month.

Anyway, decisions like factions shouldn't be half hearted - Since its doubtable the heirarchy of the opposing empire would trust you after you served your previous faction... I'd say it makes perfect sense.

ServeX
21-03-04, 08:01
Originally posted by petek480
It would be awesome if they add something like that. It'll keep people from switching sides, just becuase they're on the losing side, and joining the winning one.

so does that mean you'll be anticity when DoY comes out?

(asking because anticity is stronger on pluto)

Alex The Great
21-03-04, 08:11
He will be Black Dragon.

ServeX
21-03-04, 08:22
that was directed towards pete, alex. but thankyou for your kind +1.

Alex The Great
21-03-04, 08:25
I was just trying to Help. Aslong as im Black Dragon Pete will be Black Dragon.

jernau
21-03-04, 08:27
Weren't you both going FA so you could gank more FA? :wtf:

petek480
21-03-04, 08:29
Originally posted by jernau
Weren't you both going FA so you could gank more FA? :wtf:
We decided not to, it was too much work. So we're just gonna gank them in doy:)