PDA

View Full Version : What songs do you think fit in with certain neocron things?

Shujin
21-03-04, 05:01
---
Black Sabbath - Into the void { NOT NINE INCH NAILS - INTO THE VOID, thats a completely different song }
Why:
Its like the storyline behind what happend to create neocron.
---
Disturbed - Liberate
Why:
It sounds like the situation between FA and Crahn
---

Vid Gamer
21-03-04, 05:18
Is there a way to put custom mp3's over the in-game music so you can hear them instead?

Shujin
21-03-04, 05:19
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Is there a way to put custom mp3's over the in-game music so you can hear them instead? O_o... yes... you can edit one of the ini's ( forgot which )

And use ItemGFX / NeoLauncher PRO
they contain in-game winamp controls.

metalangel
21-03-04, 05:19
You could always change the name of your favourite tracks to those the game uses (so if NC uses 'Plaza1.mp3' and you wanna hear 'The Postal Service - Nothing Better.mp3', rename that file to 'Plaza1.mp3')

Or just download NLPro and use the Winamp shortcut buttons :D

Shujin
21-03-04, 05:20
Originally posted by metalangel
You could always change the name of your favourite tracks to those the game uses (so if NC uses 'Plaza1.mp3' and you wanna hear 'The Postal Service - Nothing Better.mp3', rename that file to 'Plaza1.mp3')

Or just download NLPro and use the Winamp shortcut buttons :D o_O seriously every single time i see your posts, i think of the foo fighters song darling nicky...

TheGreatMilenko
21-03-04, 05:20
nvm

Vid Gamer
21-03-04, 06:20
I tried putting in mp3's into the music folder but it wouldn't let me. 8|

I guess I'll use NLPro. Anyone have a link?

Shujin
21-03-04, 06:25
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I tried putting in mp3's into the music folder but it wouldn't let me. 8|

I guess I'll use NLPro. Anyone have a link?
du bist so faul....

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93653

jernau
21-03-04, 06:31
Can I get REM: It's The End Of The World As We Know It for the black synch screen?

/edit - seriously - 1million NC on saturn, pluto or uranus if someone can do this.

Vid Gamer
21-03-04, 07:11
Originally posted by jernau
Can I get REM: It's The End Of The World As We Know It for the black synch screen?

/edit - seriously - 1million NC on saturn, pluto or uranus if someone can do this.

ROFL

brackk
21-03-04, 09:57

OK here you go run your mp3 then start neocron within 30 minutes you will be stuck in sync and your song will be playing ................

Shujin
21-03-04, 10:05

/edit - seriously - 1million NC on saturn, pluto or uranus if someone can do this. would you want that in flash format, mpeg, or avi ;]

WithSlitWrists
21-03-04, 13:06
the postal service rocks.

Leebzie
21-03-04, 13:31

Wont you get fed up of listening to it ?

:angel:

•Super|\|ova•
21-03-04, 14:30
Prodigy: whole Music For The Jilted Generation album.
Kovenant: whole production.

- - - - - - - - -

Why? Well, give me a reason why not. Those fit in any sci-fi environment.

sanityislost
21-03-04, 15:13
Nine inch nails - Hurt, its sounds like what everyone in this game is feeling (as if it where real and we where all in a post apocalyptic world)

steweygrrr
21-03-04, 15:31
Hatebreed - I Will Be Heard applies to TG a lot imho
I agree with shujin about liberate.

darknessfairy
21-03-04, 22:54
There are alot of songs that fit differently within neocron.

i like prodigy - smack my bitch up for pvp :p
anything by portishead for running around the wastes.

ooohhhh RATM : know your enemy for warby hunting :)

Deicide
21-03-04, 22:59
Slayer - War Ensemble
Dismember - Of Fire
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos

Neocron is based on an eternal conflict... those songs are the soundtrack to the apocalypse ;)

Shujin
21-03-04, 23:17
im not really talking about what sounds kewl when playing the game ;P im talkin about what songs have lyrics that fit to a certain thing about neocron.

like into the void by black sabbath i said that beacuse it talks about war and people trying to finding another world and freedom figters and stuff, it s kewl

and i think liberate's lyrics fit because it says Liberate your mind, which is one of the main things Fallen angels beleive in. FA is enemies with Crahn, and it says 'waiting for your modern messiah' in the song. that makes me think of FA telling Crahn to liberate their minds and stop waiting for their modern messiah.

ServeX
21-03-04, 23:45
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Prodigy: whole Music For The Jilted Generation album.
Kovenant: whole production.

- - - - - - - - -

Why? Well, give me a reason why not. Those fit in any sci-fi environment.

no. they suck.

•Super|\|ova•
22-03-04, 00:11
Originally posted by ServeX
no. they suck.

[ Edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

ServeX
22-03-04, 00:27
Thanks for changing the point of this thread topic for no apparent reason. you asked for one reason why those songs suck and I told you. I don't like them, thats my opinion. This isn't a thread about my player skill. This is a thread about songs that you think fit with certain neocron things. I disagreed with you. That's not the end of the world. But apparently you think it is. IF you want to make accusations that I suck as a player duel me ingame and we can settle the score.

Valkyrie
22-03-04, 00:36
constant German techno. Stick Bubbles - Bidibodi Bidibu on repeat :) ;)

•Super|\|ova•
22-03-04, 00:55
Originally posted by ServeX
Thanks for changing the point of this thread topic for no apparent reason. you asked for one reason why those songs suck and I told you. I don't like them, thats my opinion. This isn't a thread about my player skill. This is a thread about songs that you think fit with certain neocron things. I disagreed with you. That's not the end of the world. But apparently you think it is. IF you want to make accusations that I suck as a player duel me ingame and we can settle the score.

I said nothing about skills did I? And the only reason I made a stupid post was because I couldn't find any reasons in your post on your statement that they suck. That's why I assumed you were rather trying to look cool by rudely denying my opinion since that's what so many do on these boards. But hey... at least I have the balls to admit my bad when do one unlike many others I've met here :p

btw... have you ever even heard Kovenant? I mean if you live outside of scandinavia then most likely you haven't even heard Kovenant as they aren't so popular.

My reasons why I chose those is because they represent the kind of genre which is related to sci-fi in general. That's why those kind of songs are most used in sci-fi movies and sci-fi themes in their music videos. The sound world includes mechanical noises, industrial noise and beat which is fast enough to give the listener the expression that the music is fast action in form of sound.

But anways... it seems me and few others got the point of this thread wrong anyways :p

Shujin
22-03-04, 01:06
Originally posted by Valkyrie
constant German techno. Stick Bubbles - Bidibodi Bidibu on repeat :) ;)

Originally posted by Shujin
im not really talking about what sounds kewl when playing the game ;P im talkin about what songs have lyrics that fit to a certain thing about neocron.

like into the void by black sabbath i said that beacuse it talks about war and people trying to finding another world and freedom figters and stuff, it s kewl

and i think liberate's lyrics fit because it says Liberate your mind, which is one of the main things Fallen angels beleive in. FA is enemies with Crahn, and it says 'waiting for your modern messiah' in the song. that makes me think of FA telling Crahn to liberate their minds and stop waiting for their modern messiah.

i love how people read... seriously i do.

jernau
22-03-04, 04:32
Pink Floyd - Dogs of War : City Mercs - pretty obvious
Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down : FA - for the idealism and "there ain't no easy way out :p)
Shonen Knife - Cobra vs Mongoose : Pepper Park - erm, yeah, because.
PWEI - Get the girl and kill the baddies : CA/NCPD
NMA - White Coats - ProtoPharma, especially with the story stuff atm.

That enough?