PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one this is happening to?

trigger hurt
20-03-04, 23:48
I use the latest version of NL Pro. Love it. The winamp controls are great and the itemgfx pack is great as well. One thing that is bothering me though. When using NL Pro, if I alt tab., I get artifacts on my screen. It looks like someone stuck a magnet to my monitor and left it there for a few months. I have to log out and log back in to fix it.

Just wondering...is this an issue with my drivers...or is this an issue with NL Pro?

GeForce 2
P 3 733 x 2
1 Gig PC 133 SDRAM

NS_CHROME54
20-03-04, 23:51
probably more of a problem between neocron itself and your drivers, i doubt very much if nlpro has anything to do with it.

count your blessings, if i alt-tab out and try to go back in, my computer restarts :rolleyes:.

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 23:54
Things tend to artifact on mine (db etc) after I alt / tab

Mighty Max
21-03-04, 00:12
Hmm, i can just tell how ItemGFX (the background running proggie in NLPro) handles this.

All surfaces are stored into an memory bitmap. When they get lost (thats what happens if you alt tab / the gfx card forgets your content) the surfaces are redrawn with the memory images.

If somewhy this backup doesnt work (low sys-mem etc) it will return a pure black image and therefor a fully transparent surface. (I set black = transparent) that means the winamp controls or such will be lost after a failed ALT TAB-restore but there shouldnt be any glitches caused from ItemGFX.

So i dunno whats the prob there. Can you make a screenie how it looks exact?

If there is any failure in that system i should be able to tell you then

trigger hurt
21-03-04, 00:48
here you go.

http://antistatik.oesm.org/images/artifacts.jpg

Mighty Max
21-03-04, 01:02
Ill investigate this.

XSuneX
21-03-04, 01:14
I had problems when using the Alt Tab, then no problems when pressing the "Windows Key" the one right between the alt Key and the Ctrl Key with the Windows logo on it.

darknessfairy
21-03-04, 22:59
try playing in windowed mode rather than full screen. i found this alot more user friendly and you dont get that graphical error. other than that, if you dont want to play windowed mode i suggest waiting until you've finished playing nc to check your email/go on neocron.ems.ru etc hehe

HellBreaker
21-03-04, 23:04
i had that problem and fixed it by :-
first save all the patch files in a diff dir
then delete neocon (right click on dir and delete)
Then re install neocron again and put the patch files back
and patch it up - worked for me

^sorry if you can't understand that lol:rolleyes: