View Full Version : Who said Tech Haven wasn't raidable?

Archeus
20-03-04, 21:42
Note: (this isn't a keep it in game, it's pointing out it's doable)

After shooting at a couple of Angels at the entrance (who just drove off rather then fight) I was a bit bored so I said feck it and went on into Tech Haven.

I should point out I announced that I was going in. Seems no one reads OOC.

Tech Haven 3 was empty (LVirus ran by me but I was hunting angels). So went to Tech Haven 2. Two people in there but only one I can get a clear shot at. Missed him and hit a turret instead. Still alive I followed him into TH SEC1.

In Tech Haven 1 I wandered around that zone for a good 10 minutes (its hard to get into, but once in it is easier to fight in then the other two zones). At one point two people ran by me but ignored me. That is how complacent they have gotten in thier own home. So I sat down and got ready. An APU came by, almost killed him but he took cover and was about to attack back. I played hide and seek with him and a few others for a little while, then let them try to find me while I waited outside of TH SEC3 entrance. After a minute or so I went back in.

Again all the way to TH SEC1 and waited. Killed a monk, which TBH I feel bad about as he hadn't a chance in hell of escaping which I didn't know about until I wandered up and screenshotted his corpse. After that I left TH on foot. No gene replicating in sight.

Somewhat annoying was the trash talking afterwards from some of the FA.

Keep watching those shadows in Tech Haven, I will be back. -_-

Exhibit A (http://members.boards.ie/dokkaebi/insidethebelly.jpg)

Invertigo
20-03-04, 21:48
i was kinda thinking the same thing...

i remember once during the skull cult a couple people showed up and killed like everyone there... they even killed sanityislost a few times... (he was bad sl:rolleyes: )

the only reason ANY of them died was because of the GM pretending to be the skull, kept warping them to pepper park and makeing soulclusters hit like 20 times harder than they normally do:D

petek480
20-03-04, 21:52
So just because spies can stealth and get past turrets before they shoot at you now makes TH raidable? I suggest you try it without stealth.

Btw I thought you were FA?

Invertigo
20-03-04, 21:54
Originally posted by petek480
So just because spies can stealth and get past turrets before they shoot at you now makes TH raidable? I suggest you try it without stealth.

my tank cant use stealth:p

Archeus
20-03-04, 21:55

As I mentioned before I will be giving training lessons on doing it without stealth. Certainly spies/PE's can get to TH SEC1 (you can do it on stealth 1) the rest can raid TH SEC3/2 easy just not solo.

I also did it without GR'ing to prove a point, other classes GR'ing out is quite doable too.

petek480
20-03-04, 21:58
Oh and in your first post you said it's easy to fight in th1, isn't that zone still off limits to fight in or did they fix the problems with it?

Archeus
20-03-04, 22:03
It is not off limits to fight*. You just cannot exploit the lag bug at the elevators to apartments. I don't fight in that spot anyway as there are two turrets guarding it and your pretty much trapped in a dead end.

The lifts in caused the lag issue, which have been locked off.

* I have spent a good part as a Fallen Angel I am well aware of what is and isn't allowed (items are discussed on THN).

Btw I thought you were FA?
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94538

Exmond
21-03-04, 17:07
Originally posted by Archeus
As I mentioned before I will be giving training lessons on doing it without stealth. Certainly spies/PE's can get to TH SEC1 (you can do it on stealth 1) the rest can raid TH SEC3/2 easy just not solo.

I also did it without GR'ing to prove a point, other classes GR'ing out is quite doable too.

OMG WHEN! WHEEEN! When are the lessons on raiding it and what server?

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 17:10
Whys your ingame font diff or is that ress ?

Anyway .. ofcourse its easy with stealth O.o

Archeus
21-03-04, 17:14
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Whys your ingame font diff or is that ress ?

Anyway .. ofcourse its easy with stealth O.o

you can change your ingame font if you know how. Made mine easier to read.

You can do it without stealth. Two of Silent were there today (Hybrid+Tank) happly killing people.

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 17:22
Anyone whos not a stroppy microsoft hating troll, you can change font by replacing the fonts in the /font directory

as for your so called 'raids' ... simply amazing

Archeus
21-03-04, 17:31
Anyone whos not a stroppy microsoft hating troll, you can change font by replacing the fonts in the /font directory

as for your so called 'raids' ... simply amazing

amazing in what way?

It is hard to take anything you say as anthing other then an offtopic troll. For example every comment you make is based on maybe two-three threads I have commented in a long time ago. I can only assume that (a) you work for MS or bought shares or (b) you are somehow trapped in your personal time loop. Anyway give it a rest.

My comment on the fonts didn't come out the way it should. I have told a few times how to do it (pretty sure it is mentioned on the newbie section too). I initially did it when I was testing the server for locale support (korean text).

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 17:39
whatever, your so called raid wouldnt work against anything but tradeskillers.

Mighty Max
21-03-04, 17:46
Seems no one reads OOC

Pure spam channel.

Archeus
21-03-04, 18:04
whatever, your so called raid wouldnt work against anything but tradeskillers.

It must of been tradskiller APU's/PPUs/PEs chasing me in there then :rolleyes:

Carinth
21-03-04, 19:17
The best way to raid FA is to join a faction neutral to them : p

Archeus
21-03-04, 19:25
Originally posted by Carinth
The best way to raid FA is to join a faction neutral to them : p

True but that is cheating and hardly fair on the Angels. They should be at least be able to fight back.

Shadow Dancer
21-03-04, 19:50
I hate fighting in TH. It's such a small place to fight in. Also, ever since the texture change or graphic change in TH, my fps has took a nose dive. O_o

g0rt
21-03-04, 19:56
Archeus I think most of us mean its not raidable when theres actually a few people to fight within the turreted areas.

Aka not on pluto.

Carinth
21-03-04, 20:21
True but that is cheating and hardly fair on the Angels. They should be at least be able to fight back.

How does faction prevent you from fighting back? The only thing being neutral means is that you no longer have turrets around every corner to protect you. Well that and sl loss.

I don't endorse this, I have nothing against FA, I'm just saying. It's happened to us tsunami many times aswell. Escape to veronica or our hq only to realize that the guy chasing you is yellow, not red. So the guards yawn and watch you die. MB has also often had guards replace players to deter pvp.

Also I don't think the difference in guard's strength/numbers are fair at all. They should be uniform. It's dumb for one faction to have enough strong guards to make their home effectively a safezone. Either we all should be that way, or none.

Aziraphale
21-03-04, 21:20
Originally posted by Carinth

It's dumb for one faction to have enough strong guards to make their home effectively a safezone. Either we all should be that way, or none.

Some factions are stronger than others, it makes total sense in RP terms.

Carinth
21-03-04, 22:05
Originally posted by Aziraphale
Some factions are stronger than others, it makes total sense in RP terms.

no it doesn't, faction strength is based on what clans and how many ppl. That the faction system is borked enough that ppl dont want to be FA and thus makes FA weak, has nothing to do with rp.

Darth Slayer
21-03-04, 22:12
How do u change the ingame font. Half the time I can never read the compass and end up running in a totaly different direction.

Archeus
21-03-04, 22:13
That doesn't really explain City Mercs then.

He is right in some factions are better then others. For examples, City Mercs get the best cabinet space in thier clan apt, CS sucks for space.

You are going to see this more so in BDOY when only certain factions/areas will sell certain items.

petek480
21-03-04, 22:28
Are you saying the turrets are there becuase they're suppose to be the ones fighting for fa?

Carinth
21-03-04, 23:22
That doesn't really explain City Mercs then.

He is right in some factions are better then others. For examples, City Mercs get the best cabinet space in thier clan apt, CS sucks for space.

You are going to see this more so in BDOY when only certain factions/areas will sell certain items.

Tsunami starter apartments have 8 cabs, so what? That's faction imbalance and yet another reason why certain factions have more ppl then others.

Archeus
21-03-04, 23:40
Are you saying the turrets are there becuase they're suppose to be the ones fighting for fa?

now they are to offer protection. Just like all the other factions guards. The only difference is that TH was basically a raid a minute.

Now it requires thinking.

Well I've explained a lot in detail (through roleplay :p ). Do as you will. Can't help it if some people can't handle a challange.

Archeus
22-03-04, 10:08
I can see why people get pissed off with some of the Fallen Angels.

I've killed less then 10 people so far in Tech Haven.

Everyone I've attacked has seen me attack them or come into local before I started to attack (2-3 shots to kill anyone). On more then one occasion I even told everyone I was going into tech haven to fight.

I've had people chase me after attacking. I've never once attacked at the Apartment blocks.

What does some Angels do? Fight back? No someone puts a baseless report in that I was exploiting when I never exploited at all.

I guess they seem to think stealthing is exploiting.

.. edited. Incidently I also complained about this in THN months ago as certain clans activately reported anyone fighting in tech haven rather then fighting back. Trying to get someone banned because you don't like fighting is pretty dam lame.

From the thread....

---------------------- (12 Jan 2004)
<[FA-FC]LWonderboy> PvP is not illegal in TH-1 as long as you don't exploit there.
<[FA-FC]LWonderboy> You will notice if that's the case and are to stop it immediately
-----------------------
well i think the bug is still there because it happend the other day i think
-----------------------
it is, but just keep to the corridors away from the appartments and you'll be fine, everyone/thing invisible reapears when they reach them from the appartments section, and as lupus said, we can fight there aslong as we don't exploit any bugs.
-----------------------
(from another thread where we were discussing how to deal with a certain CM clan fighting. Different issue in TH)
TBH I am getting a bit pissed off and sick of this 'OMG REPORT THEM FOR EXPLOITING'. It seems to be the current battle cry for Angels. .... Actually after chatting with some people it appears someone felt the need to report **** for exploiting when they weren't (any ideas who?). The GM told them they weren't exploiting as it was no different then other runners using CM guards as shields.
-----------------------

naimex
22-03-04, 10:12
archeus..

could i get you to edit that from "angels" to "some angels" ??

[edit : Thanks :)]

El Barto
22-03-04, 10:31
It is raidaable, dune it my self a few times

Candaman
22-03-04, 13:53
cm aren't enemy to FA either

Archeus
22-03-04, 14:11
Originally posted by Candaman
cm aren't enemy to FA either

True. The situation in question was an ongoing war between certain parts of FA and a major CM clan. The people being attacked were getting annoyed they were getting killed in thier own town despite the security.

Some people put forward that they should just be reported for exploiting and they won't be allowed fight again in TH. Something I didn't like.

In the end they outsourced thier fighting to TG to deal with it.

incidently. those of you who don't read the Pluto RPG forum I put a stolen document from Tech Haven on thier security review.

Darth Slayer
22-03-04, 15:00
Won't find me complaining about raids on TechHaven.
Bring it on I say.......:D

Scorpius.

Clownst0pper
22-03-04, 15:04
Y is it difficult to raid TH when U can stealth?:confused:

When U can raid TH on your own, without stealth, then you may get your answer, we all know its possible with stealth....o_O

.Cyl0n
22-03-04, 15:06
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Y is it difficult to raid TH when U can stealth?:confused:

When U can raid TH on your own, without stealth, then you may get your answer, we all know its possible with stealth....o_O

what he said^^

Bruce
22-03-04, 15:08
I dont wanna give any hints BUT go neutral to FA and enjoy:D

Archeus
22-03-04, 15:11
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
what he said^^

As mentioned earlier there were PPU+Tank in there at one point, also from a review of the turrets the only people who would have problem solo is an APU but considering a capped APU can drop a turret in 10 seconds or so it is not that big a deal.

Other then that a non-stealthing Spy. Tank/PE have the health to sustain enough damage to pass a single turret (with the right resists loadout). Plus as Julia already mentioned (http://members.boards.ie/archeus/THsecReview.zip) she survived three direct hits from a turret. I can display her loadout later.

I dont wanna give any hints BUT go neutral to FA and enjoy

Prefer to show its doable as a hostile.

Candaman
22-03-04, 15:51
Our clan went in their for a raid got ourselves all prepped buffed with haz s d heal on in goes ok managed to get to sec 2 umm
no where to hide shit i think i managed to pick up 6 belts before i ate the big one