View Full Version : Gaya Mine - Really cool place that is otherwise unused

Andronicus
20-03-04, 21:26
Recently explored the depths of GAYA MINE - probably one of the coolest areas in Neocron; yet currently all that is down there are a few crazy cop and storm bots (which is why many probably have never gone there). If turned into an Faction base this could be one very nice highlight for the game; maybe give it to one of the leser played factions to encourage growth. For those of you who haven't seen it - take a tour and you will see what i mean.

Not sure what KK has planned for this place, but currently its an awful waste of a really interesting area.

Glok
20-03-04, 21:29
It has malfunctioning storm bots that drop storm lasers, you have to hack them. Gaya 1 & 2 are basically boss caves, gaya 3 is empty though.

FuzzyDuck
20-03-04, 21:31
I've never actually used a storm laser after that patch which makes boss drops better. Are they any good?

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 21:32
storm lasers are pretty neat for leveling a tank, esp for horrors and brutes given their massive aoe

as for people not using it, it used to make you crash every other zone and the storm bots got stuck in walls, thus killing everyone cos they could hit you and you couldnt hit them (IRONY ? :lol: )

and the monk pa4 quest needs renegade armor .. but no-one uses/can use pa4 .. so meh

tis a cool place :)

Omnituens
20-03-04, 21:33
i got a 4 slot, all stats are 100%+ before modding

snipe yo'

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 22:30
Originally posted by Omnituens
i got a 4 slot, all stats are 100%+ before modding

snipe yo'

ditto .. tis pap against holy buffed people .. good vs. everythign else

Vid Gamer
20-03-04, 22:33
Originally posted by FuzzyDuck
I've never actually used a storm laser after that patch which makes boss drops better. Are they any good?

Someone actually got a 5 slotter and put an Ultima in it to make everything 120% and it still wasn't THAT great.

An artifact Ravager is 10x better for a sniper, even though a good STORM is 600m and a good Ravager is 500m, the clipping pane makes it null.

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 23:00
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Someone actually got a 5 slotter and put an Ultima in it to make everything 120% and it still wasn't THAT great.

An artifact Ravager is 10x better for a sniper, even though a good STORM is 600m and a good Ravager is 500m, the clipping pane makes it null.

The fact ravager is rare and storm is only str 90 factor into that too. :)

Vid Gamer
20-03-04, 23:02
That's true, but only Tanks can use it anyway so it should be a temporary gun until you get a Ravager. :D

sw1tch
20-03-04, 23:10
i agree Andronicus, I had a lot of fun exploring there a week or so ago, collecting the defunct copbot ethic chips for recordable datacubes. Aswell as getting a few storm lasers while i was down there.

Its another unused peice of the game that is a shame. :(

-=Bl@de=-
20-03-04, 23:15
There are SOOOO many areas that can be expanded, earlier today i was hunting in the bat caves and only 1/4 of the cave is actually used, you dont even get to see the broken bridge if you only hunt the queen.
Same with other caves like the worm tunnels
Plz add extra areas/mobs kk :)

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 23:30
Yeah .. the bat queen can be farmed .. should make her like the chaos queen

Foofur
21-03-04, 03:06
Went there earlier today too (saturn), some copbots but no stormbot to be found :( Anybody seen them wondering somewhere else on the map?:rolleyes:

Agreeing its a cool place, spent quite a few nights there, (used? to be) real buggy tho for zoning in and out.

Valkyrie
21-03-04, 03:22
I find myself using my previously abandoned TT epic cannon more nowadays. I can outsnipe spies with it, and it's great against drones.

Omnituens
21-03-04, 03:46
Originally posted by Valkyrie
I can outsnipe spies with it, and it's great against drones.

the advantage you have is the fact that you hit straight away, while the spy has to watch hit shot travel slooooowly towards you, and you have higher FPS

range does not matter, they both fire further than max clipping distance allows

Valkyrie
21-03-04, 04:11
Originally posted by Omnituens
the advantage you have is the fact that you hit straight away, while the spy has to watch hit shot travel slooooowly towards you, and you have higher FPS

range does not matter, they both fire further than max clipping distance allows

The advantage i have is I can take a few hits from the silent hunter, whic takes awhile considering its stupidly slow RoF, whilst a spy cant take much from a TT epic cannon.

Omnituens
21-03-04, 06:02
where i said FPS i ment RoF

wtf, i should go to sleep really

jernau
21-03-04, 07:04
I love the STORM lasers for my tank. I farm that place every now and then on my droner and only the keep 3+ slot guns. Once modded they are nice for WB/Fire Mob hunting.

The biggest advantages to me are nothing to do with weapon stats, they are
1) I can stay in team-range of the spies and PEs I'm hunting with and gain some XP.
2) I don't care if I lose them. I can get a stack more decent ones in no time at all and do so in one of NC's coolest caves/dungeons.

Lanigav
21-03-04, 07:20
Tangent Speed Gun is far superior to the STORM laser as far as hunting firemobs, warbots, and anything else that's slow with a medium-large sized hitbox. It doesn't have quite the range, but its damage makes up for it in spades.

Its very nice for smaller mobs that fly or move around a lot though, such as the bats in the Crystal caves that are hard to hit, especially with guns that have recoil. Its also one of only two tank weapons that can hit things underwater (plasma wave being the other). So its great for those types of situations until you can get a Ravager.

jernau
21-03-04, 07:38
3) I can use it in first person and still see >3 pixels of scenery.

Lanigav
21-03-04, 09:05
Lol, that's true.

Candaman
21-03-04, 12:09
the 5 slot JDL that dropped for me last nite was pretty nice aswell

giga191
21-03-04, 12:31
Has any1 seen the tacholytium titan warbot (mini wb) inside gaya? i think its cute;) (much smaller than normal wb)
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/19211/shot0008.jpg

Haxxor
21-03-04, 13:01
Originally posted by Foofur
Went there earlier today too (saturn), some copbots but no stormbot to be found :( Anybody seen them wondering somewhere else on the map?:rolleyes:

Theres 2 S.T.O.R.M bots in the mine, one is pretty easy to find the other is quite q way through the mine

ezza
21-03-04, 13:07
the TT epic laser cannons pretty good, so i tend to use that

Foofur
21-03-04, 14:14
Originally posted by Haxxor
Theres 2 S.T.O.R.M bots in the mine, one is pretty easy to find the other is quite q way through the mine

I know they are, and I know where to find them (well I know what the spots look like, and if I juz wander enough I pass the places :D). They juz wheren't there:( :mad:
Like I said, only some malfunctioning stuff (lvl 90 max) Ow, and the PSI-PA lvl 4 guy ofcourse.
I think spawn was borked.

Omnituens
21-03-04, 14:35
the Malfunctioning STORM units hit hard

one is easier to kill than the other, but you have to left the mine and run around to the start after each kill or it'll spawn on your head if you try the log out trick.

Psyco Groupie
21-03-04, 14:39
Originally posted by Lanigav
Tangent Speed Gun is far superior to the STORM laser as far as hunting firemobs, warbots, and anything else that's slow with a medium-large sized hitbox. It doesn't have quite the range, but its damage makes up for it in spades.

Its very nice for smaller mobs that fly or move around a lot though, such as the bats in the Crystal caves that are hard to hit, especially with guns that have recoil. Its also one of only two tank weapons that can hit things underwater (plasma wave being the other). So its great for those types of situations until you can get a Ravager.

Rubbish.

Lanigav
21-03-04, 14:44
Care to say why instead of just saying its rubbish? :p

I get far more damage with the TSG than I ever do with the Storm Lasers, and the range and lack of recoil really didn't make up for the lower damage when hunting larger mobs.

ezza
21-03-04, 15:31
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Rubbish. i though one word posts were KOS by mods, yet you seem to do it a lot

jernau
21-03-04, 16:14
Originally posted by giga191
Has any1 seen the tacholytium titan warbot (mini wb) inside gaya? i think its cute;) (much smaller than normal wb)

He's part of the (not yet implemented) Crahn Epic Run. Spies can punch him to death :D.

@Omni - I never had a problem doing the logoff/logon thing down there.