PDA

View Full Version : MAKE OPs COST MONEY!!!!!!11111

ghandisfury
20-03-04, 20:23
That's right. I think that OPs should cost money instead of give money. Not only that, the more OPs you own, the more each one cost's you.

1 OP=100,000nc per game day.
2 OP=200,000nc per game day.
3 OP=400,000nc per game day.
4 OP=800,000nc per game day.
5 OP=1 million nc per game day.
6+OPs=5 million nc per game day.

If the owning clan runs out of money, the OP becomes the property of Reeza, and is GR all. The OP will be easily hacked as there will be nobody to defend it.

PRO'S
#1. Will discourage bigger clans from dominating the entire map.
#2. It will bring a value to money in Neocron (this is NEEDED).
#3. It will encourage small clans to take OPs, because many of them will be unpopulated.

Please list the CONS that you see as I see none.

If you likey likey RATE THIS THREAD;)

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 20:24
yeah .. it should be that harsh for 6 + .. execellent idea

*edit .. normal days not nc days

Shadow Dancer
20-03-04, 20:25
Only if the op gives additional special benefits.

ezza
20-03-04, 20:26
i can see people fighting over not to have ops already with this one.

it would have to be pretty good bonuses from ops to bother when there costs are as you lay out

ghandisfury
20-03-04, 20:37
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Only if the op gives additional special benefits.
You mean more of a bonus than construction/research/hack/fortress bonus, plus being able to control who you let GR to your OP, plus getting money from the GRs, plus GRing without SI........What did you have in mind?

Originally posted by ezza
i can see people fighting over not to have ops already with this one.
Doubtfull. Large clans have more money than you can count......I alone have 50 million nc, all it would do is discourage larger clans from taking over the entire map.

Originally posted by ezza
it would have to be pretty good bonuses from ops to bother when there costs are as you lay out
IMO it already is a good enough bonus.

cRazy2003
20-03-04, 20:41
i think its crap, can u imagine if a really small clan gets and holds a OP, 100k per day, i dont even think its worth the extra bonuses
it wud just make loads of clans not bother with OP's and eventually run there sources dry. and if a clans. and say if u had a OP which gives u bonuses in construct, u cud end up using the factory making things and at the end of the day u get charged more then the tips u got, and i know some clans may rely on some of the cash rewards to fund the things they do. and imagine if a small clan works all night trying to get a OP, they suceed, and go to sleep, over night (he said per game day) theres probably shitloads of ingame days in one whole night (say 12 hours), it cud end up being well over a mill or 2, and if its more then the funds, they lose the OP, some huge clan comes and gets it and the small clan ends up with no clan funds, this idea is more like rent-a-OP, i actually think it wud be good if huge clans with loads of OP started renting out there OP's to smaller clans and renting out protection for it so the smaller clan can use the services and resources, and it wud give the huge clan whos renting the OP out some fights once in a while if it gets attacked, but anyways, i think the idea is shit

Xizor
20-03-04, 20:53
No. DEFINATE no. Period.

angelsenior
20-03-04, 20:55
I dont see a problem with OP costing money as long as they give good bonuses in return (not as it is now).

ghandisfury
20-03-04, 21:10
Originally posted by cRazy2003
i think its crap, can u imagine if a really small clan gets and holds a OP, 100k per day, i dont even think its worth the extra bonuses
If a clan has 10 active people that hunt/trade/build regularly, 100K per game day would be easy to come by. As far as the bonus goes, why would the clans now have 20 OPs if the bonus wasn't worth it:p ? Seriously, the bonus is great as it is (see above for an accurate description).

Originally posted by Xizor
No. DEFINATE no. Period.
Any reasoning or logic behind that, or just because you said so?

hivemind
20-03-04, 21:38
WTF would anyone take an OP for? Clans that could afford it don't need OP bonuses for their constructors, so they wouldn't bother. Smaller clans couldn't afford the upkeep. Plus, larger clans would watch for the instant a smaller clan took an OP and go beat the piss out of them and take it away for something to do. Then let it expire again.

I don't see why this needs changing.

Invertigo
20-03-04, 21:53
#3. It will encourage small clans to take OPs, because many of them will be unpopulated.

i dont think that alot of small clans would want to spend 100k every couple of hours just for holding ONE OP...

but maybe a penalty for like more than 6...

even though i think the main reason clans even take so many more than they need is just to get some more action...

Lethys
20-03-04, 21:58
The idea in general is good, but too harsh. I'd rather see something like this:

A clan gets 100k per day for each OP, provided that they only have one of each type. If they take a 2nd OP of a type, they go from getting 100k per day to losing 100k per day. For a 3rd, it becomes a 500k loss, then +500k lost for each one after that.

Example.

A clan holds one OP of each type:
500k gained per day

The clan takes a second Factory:
300k gained per day

The clan takes a third Factory:
100k lost per day

The clan holds 2 OPs of each type:
500k lost per day

The clan holds 3 OPs of each type:
2.5 million lost per day

And so on.
Keep in mind that, while there is too much money in the game, a lot of that money does actually come from OPs.

ghandisfury
20-03-04, 22:16
Originally posted by hivemind
WTF would anyone take an OP for?
Why do they take them now?

Clans that could afford it don't need OP bonuses for their constructors, so they wouldn't bother.
Then why do they bother now?

Smaller clans couldn't afford the upkeep. Plus, larger clans would watch for the instant a smaller clan took an OP and go beat the piss out of them and take it away for something to do. Then let it expire again.
I worked in a smaller clan for months, and I remember having too much money even then. As far as the larger clans fighting the smaller clans....didn't you say no larger clans would bother? OPs have great bonuses, and the greatest bonus is the ability to control where people are allowed to GR to. This wouldn't change even if they started costing money. The one thing that would change is larger clans taking the entire map simply because they want to.

Let's look at this with some reason. I know that if I hunt for just a couple of hours I make right around 250K nc, not to mention all of the rares. While the rares are great, what do I do with the money? Where is the cash sinc in this game? There is none. IMO this change would kill two birds with one stone....discourage larger clans from dominating the map, and make money worth something. The economy is screwed, and so is the OP situation....if anybody can come up with a better fix, don't hesitate.

Vid Gamer
20-03-04, 22:35
Do you want to completely kill off small clans? :rolleyes:

Even big clans wouldn't be able to afford that...

g0rt
20-03-04, 23:24
yes lets take ops so we can pay money!

stupidest thing I have ever heard

Psycho Killa
20-03-04, 23:25
Answer: No

Reason: Retardedly stupid

Revslad
20-03-04, 23:51
i agree it would be retarded to own 1 opp as it would cost 960k if my calculations are correct for one rl day cause each neocron day is about 2 1/2 hours in real time therefore
9.6 nc days per rl day

100k per nc day you would be lookin at like 960k ever day per opp imagine if u had 5 opps lol8|

simply stupid :lol:

SPIKE (pluto)
20-03-04, 23:57
This idea is the biggest pile of bulshit ive ever heard

Xizor
21-03-04, 01:23
Basically when I said no I meant like PK said it..

No one would EVER take an OP.

Why do people take an OP now? Because they need the bonus? NO, because they want fights.

Dade Murphey
21-03-04, 01:29
Large clans would still be the only ones to take ops...small clans couldn't afford it, for very long at least...and what the hell is the point of fighting over who's gonna pay for something...have to say this is a very lame idea

ZoomZoom
21-03-04, 02:01
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Answer: No

Reason: Retardedly stupid

yup

the point of getting ops is to make money :wtf:

this will make op wars less and almost pointless

Kal
21-03-04, 02:41
worst.idea.ever

would *KILL* opp fighting

Bl@zed
21-03-04, 02:44
ummmm, no? :wtf:
someone wants OP fighting to die :rolleyes:

21-03-04, 02:52
stupid.

i wonder why this topic popped up ! :rolleyes:

Lanigav
21-03-04, 07:06
For the love of all that is holy and sacred, NO.

KimmyG
21-03-04, 07:27
apart from 3 or 4 key ops I cant see any reason for anyone to have ops. If it costs that much may as well go hack and do a research load or build load then lose the op.

gostly
21-03-04, 07:34
great idea http://neocron.jafc.de/images/1stars.gif

:lol:

Omnituens
21-03-04, 10:38
i like the idea about holding multiple of the same type of OP

but the original idea is loopy.

awkward silence
21-03-04, 11:18
sorry but i totally disagree on this topic:lol:

necrocon
21-03-04, 11:49
there a privelage from being strong

that would in some ways prove that you can also earn cash

but in the world as I read and see it

its Brute force not the cash flow

Leebzie
21-03-04, 11:58
Not keen on the first op costing...

Give money for one op, make it cost (preferably lots) for more. This would help small clans out loads, and would give them a 'base' (OP's may need a few more facilities) but it should be like, thier hangout.

Big clans wanting to dominate the map should be discouraged.

RuButt
21-03-04, 16:58
nononono

seriously, everyone is like "we need a moneysink! to easy to get money!!"

ffs, im piss poor.. and many with me, cuz we dont wanna hunt mobs, or build c10's all day...

and if a op would cost money, i would never ever ever try to take an op, if i wasnt in a huge clan that i didnt give ANY cash...

small clans wouldnt even have a shot at the ops... and why get it?

another +50 CST? not needed..
added combat skills? .... so u gotta be in the zone to get it... pointless, ill do fine without that!

free gr? ...... gr doesnt cost that much, and i wouldnt even pay for the fucking GR if the op would cost money!

and what the fuck is the point of holding ops if all they do is sucking up your money?

and usually when ppl took ops, at least a couple of months back.. ppl used turrets, the turrets ARE expensive!

worst idea ive ever seen tbh =)

So why not just make it like, for big clans....... when u got +6 ops youll get like negatives... like, ppl will be able to gr to the op even if its locked... etc..

LiL T
21-03-04, 18:00
Yes if it provides free ammo free to GR there for all faction members free to recover Backpack from there. This would be a good money sink but I don't think people would pay to keep them if there not getting anything back for it.

DestructionUK
21-03-04, 19:32
i think its a bad idea, the economy in this game is no where near as bad as some of you think, the money in nc does have a value.
(i came from EnB where there was crazy inflation and money had no value at all, you could earn millions in a single hunt and money became usless)

If there is a penalty for holding an OP whats the point in fighting to control them? other than the const and res bonuses (which are only really an added bonus not a nessesity for any trade skiller) and the convinence of an added genrep.

not worth fighting for just to loose money...

t0tt3
21-03-04, 20:52
Just make the C10 and the APT cost more to do like some 9s and 8s into that instead of 1,2,3 and 10.... it doesnt cost a shit! Make them more expensive to do then you have done the BIGGEST money sink problem because there is where you gain all cash.... cant belive KK havent done anything about it :rolleyes:

Scikar
21-03-04, 20:55
Originally posted by Leebzie
Not keen on the first op costing...

Give money for one op, make it cost (preferably lots) for more. This would help small clans out loads, and would give them a 'base' (OP's may need a few more facilities) but it should be like, thier hangout.

Big clans wanting to dominate the map should be discouraged.

Agreed. Hold a small number of OPs and you make money, hold a large number and you lose money.

Considering the size of the clans which hold large numbers of OPs, I doubt there would be any problem paying for them if there was a little bit of organisation and maturity in getting some cash into the clan account.

dem0n
21-03-04, 21:00
erm... why don't we leave it as it is willya? what happens if clan runs out of money, OP becomes netural O_o ?

RuButt
21-03-04, 22:01
Originally posted by dem0n
erm... why don't we leave it as it is willya? what happens if clan runs out of money, OP becomes netural O_o ?

property of reeza... says the threadmaker...

but yeah, fix the c10's and the economy in NC is fixed!

Myrlin
21-03-04, 22:41
I like the idea of owning a small number of ops (1 of each type) means you make money but you pay money if you own duplicates of a type.

If you're going to make ops cost money though there should be a way to release control of an Op. That way people could still fight for the Op but then release control so it doesn't drain their clan funds.

L3m0n
21-03-04, 23:56
no cos fighting for it eg
buying turrets and GRing to it i not free so by doing this you are paying for it so the more OPs a clan owns the more its costs to defend it.
IMO this poll sux someone must have been upset when they made it :rolleyes:

kbmg
22-03-04, 03:18
yes but it should cost based onsize of clan AND how many OP owned 1st op free or charge weekly instead of dayly. that way small clans can have thier 1 tiny ops. also make sure some clan member needs to physically be at the op once a week for maintence. so if an op is forgotton it will be fairgame.
also ANY op with quest involvement shouldn't be takeable

Myrlin
22-03-04, 03:31
Originally posted by L3m0n

IMO this poll sux someone must have been upset when they made it :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Its a yes/no poll.

L3m0n
22-03-04, 03:53
as in it sux cos its a ******** idea, the whole point of the OP system is so people have to fight over it, whats the point if you can just wait a week then get it for free:rolleyes:

that way small clans can have thier 1 tiny ops
and how many "small" clans are there? shit loads and are you going to say who can have what OP and when?:rolleyes:
i pitty this poll

Estabin
22-03-04, 05:19
Heck no, that was one big time sink in Shadowbane... farming gold. Last thing I want to do is farm credits hours on end in order to keep up OPs... no thanks.

naimex
22-03-04, 09:43
wanna do something to ops ?
wanna make some kind of money drain ?

Official neocron offline demo : features walls that can be targetted amongst other things.

Make shit blow up when you shoot it.

And make shit cost money to repair.

yes.. run around randomly..

that wall is ugly.

draws malediction.. destroys wall..

runs off.

clan comes..

aww man.. we lost a wall.

goes to HACK TERM

inserts X nc

X ingame day(s) later, the wall is there again

Psycho Killa
22-03-04, 09:48
Big thumbs up to naimex's idea.

Throw in some op doors with clan warning and im all over it!

msdong
22-03-04, 10:11
i would vote NO.

this sum is not affordable by smaller clans without hunting all day.
a good option -->getting<-- money from them when USED. like the GR now. we all know the only real good OP is a lab because of lasy researchers having zero fails with glove and OP bonus.

the real problem is that no high level player need ops since everything can be done without the bonus. i wonder if that was the real intention when they where inventet. just simple king of hill fortress.

this is like on many things in NC. LOTS of fighting but allmost nothing for nonfighters.

edit:
the idea of naimex is ok too. but then u have to make doors in OPs maybe security based that can be opend by clan/Faction/nonenemys
maybe it COST money to open the gate.<-- money for owner
we can add a GOGO that need to be payed to open.<--money for owner
and maybe the option to do a playertrader in the OP that sells stuff to ppl <-- mo money

Katherine
22-03-04, 10:12
Naimex's idea is alot like shadowbane ^__^ SB rocked

Now onto ghandi's idea...

I voted no because the idea of this is just ludicrous.

Instead of this, there should be an upkeep cost for large clans. The more members you have the more you have to pay.

This inturn will force clans to be smaller, thus without their zerg numbers they wont be able to take over/defend ops as efficiently with brute strength anymore.

But then this brings up the notion of like many small clans forming an alliance or something. But those clans would still have to pay the upkeep costs for each individual clan right? And an op can only have ONE clan owning it and getting uber bonuses/GR rights.

This would = scandelous betrayings, which = goodness.

SpawnTDK
22-03-04, 10:41
wayne ?

who cares about ops ? lol
they are never needed for anything

dont understand why anyone gives something about em ...
hm, think the have a small penis

ZigZag
22-03-04, 10:41
LOl very funni --- imagine, with the maturity level of most ppl -- we hate clan X so to spite em we never attack em so they have to keep all their ops so naaaaaaaaa.

There is only one thing for high level players to do in this game and this would be the end of it, bet u KK love the idea. :eek:

angelsenior
22-03-04, 11:26
I support Naimex's idea.

paying for repair is a better moneysink then just paying for holding it.
Also, I think you should be able to buy additional structures to upgrade the OP (this would increase the defense situation and/or increase the OP bonus or give other bonuses).

g0rt
22-03-04, 11:29
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
wayne ?

who cares about ops ? lol
they are never needed for anything

dont understand why anyone gives something about em ...
hm, think the have a small penis

Most people that can't hold them think exactly this way :D

Thing is in Neocron, ops are a display of power. If you can hold ops you hold power. What else can be changed by players in the game other then the color of the world map? Not much...

-=Bl@de=-
22-03-04, 11:30
This has undoubtibly gotta be the most STUPIDEST post ive EVER seen! yes lets all fight 5-6 hours over an op just to pay for it O_o
If anything ops should reward a bigger bonus.

L3m0n
22-03-04, 11:31
i dont mind about this "repair" thing as long as it comes out the "pay" that you get for owning the OP, but only as blade said if the "pay" that you get for owning it is more

Spex
22-03-04, 11:33
This whole money cost thingy got discussed already, IMO. You have to encourage holding OPs, but you have to discourage holding tons of OPs. Personally I believe, that 2 OPs should be ok for one clan, everything which goes beyond that starts to cost a lot. I would even have an expotential curve in the costs. It should be designed so that bigger clans can hold all 5 OP types if they get their balls together and spend some time with making money. Everything beyond that should end up in a very time-consuming process of keeping the balance between money income and OP costs.

Contrary to this soft-cap we could just introduce a hard-cap, maybe like 3 OPs for one clan, not a single one more.

g0rt
22-03-04, 11:37
Originally posted by -=Bl@de=-
This has undoubtibly gotta be the most STUPIDEST post ive EVER seen! yes lets all fight 5-6 hours over an op just to pay for it O_o
If anything ops should reward a bigger bonus.

Originally posted by L3m0n
i dont mind about this "repair" thing as long as it comes out the "pay" that you get for owning the OP, but only as blade said if the "pay" that you get for owning it is more

Hrmm blade and lemon are up, i better go to bed then :p

SpawnTDK
22-03-04, 11:39
Originally posted by g0rt

Thing is in Neocron, ops are a display of power. If you can hold ops you hold power. What else can be changed by players in the game other then the color of the world map? Not much...

think u didnt understand
ops are useless
color of the worldmap, lol, i dont give a cent about it. i have my hover, my combatchars are all cap, for what are the ops needed ? nothing, display of power .. bla, its the color of weariness, that is what all none colored factions have. ive done 2 opfights in the last weeks but i miss the skilled enemys thats why i prefer pp fights or just random pk. ops are so damn boring, they are a waste of time, just what i say since of a half year ...

CrazyMan
22-03-04, 11:39
NO NO and NO, this idea will exclude small/poor clans from possible op wars...so NO! :o

g0rt
22-03-04, 11:42
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
think u didnt understand
ops are useless
color of the worldmap, lol, i dont give a cent about it. i have my hover, my combatchars are all cap, for what are the ops needed ? nothing, display of power .. bla, its the color of weariness, that is what all none colored factions have. ive done 2 opfights in the last weeks but i miss the skilled enemys thats why i prefer pp fights or just random pk. ops are so damn boring, they are a waste of time, just what i say since of a half year ...

Ops always mean nothing...until you can take and hold them, then all of a sudden they take on meaning.

LOL

And I miss skilled enemies too, unless PRO shows up theres no skill coming out of FA....and they don't shame themselves by allying with thier enemies just to fight BD, so they are respected.

SpawnTDK
22-03-04, 11:44
jea he didnt understand. what ever, thats my point. think the 15 year old kid will understand it someday :rolleyes:

L3m0n
22-03-04, 11:46
Originally posted by g0rt
Hrmm blade and lemon are up, i better go to bed then :p
:eek: your still up? :lol:

ghandisfury
22-03-04, 15:56
Alot of the people here have just said no without stating why. I suspect they are part of big clans and would hate to have to work for their OPs. I'm going to throw a bit of math in here, and tell me what you think.

The largest TG clan on Pluto has 77,869,313. If they held 5 OPs it would cost them 5 million per day. Let's make it real days not game day. This clan hold 100+ very active members. So if these members were to hunt for an hour a day they could make in the neighborhood of 2-5 million NC (that's one day for all of their OPs). Let's say they don't.....Let's say they don't hunt at all, have 5 OPs, nobody in thier clan has any money at all, and they just let their clan funds deplete.

77,869,331 / 5,000,000 = 15.5

That's a little over 2 weeks until OPs start to turn over to Reeza if nobody hunts, gathers rares, or makes money for the clan. Let's all take into account GR costs as well. If they have GRs open, they could gather a good share of money there as well.

Our clan has 5,901,337. If we have two OPs it would cost us 400k nc per day. If nobody hunts, gathers parts, or puts money into clan funds, and we just let our money deplete it would take us right at two weeks to deplete our clan funds. That's if nobody does anything to make money for the clan.

Let's say a small clan want's an OP to do research, and they only have 1 million nc. That's 10 days holding the OP!

That TG clan above has 15 OPs right now. These OPs are making them 10k nc per game day. I do not believe that anybody (especially in a game like this) should make money for doing nothing. If nothing else OPs should not give you any money at all simply because there is nothing done to make the money. If a lab gave you 100 BPs of an item of choice every game day just by owning the OP, would that be fair for big clans to hold all the OPs? How about if factories gave you five slotted items every game day? The only difference from the above and the way it is now is that money means nothing . Until money starts to mean something, the economy will continue to be screwed. Until OPs only give you a bonus (not money) and you are required to work for that bonus, big clans will always have all of the OPs.

If somebody has an idea that will solve both of these problems, I'm all for it. As far as destroyable walls, if it is mandatory that you have these walls, then yes, but if it's not....then we will stay in the same position as we are in now.