PDA

View Full Version : Lineage I & II

Sleawer
20-03-04, 19:33
Recently I have received from one of the subscription game advertisers some beta stuff for Lineage II... personally I've never heard of this game until now, and seens it's already on the second part.

Browsing some boards to get info I read some interesting things, seems to be a mid-age mmorpg game, kinda like those fantasy games with elfs, mages and knights... personally I don't have a predetermined style to stick with, I like both sci-fi and mid-age fantasy games alike.

But I was wondering if anyone have followed this game and can share some opinions. So, anyone have played or heard about this game?

Here are the links to both sites, if this is breaking a rule feel free to edit the links...

http://www.lineage.com/
http://www.lineage2.com/

Completely unknown game to me until this moment. I'd appreciate your comments.

Sefran
20-03-04, 19:38
Never heared of it but i find it nice looking.

Kasumi
20-03-04, 19:40
A good game! http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif Actually I have not tried it yet.. The japanese registration page was broken when I tried to register for Open beta and Have yet to go back and try it over irritation.. :P But look at the video clips of it. It has alot of good features about it too.. It also uses the Unreal Warfare engine.. :P Not much help but i tried; )

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 19:41
when are people gonna do something original other than FF style avatars .. those elf ears look stupid :rolleyes:

Kasumi
20-03-04, 19:42
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
when are people gonna do something original other than FF style avatars .. those elf ears look stupid :rolleyes:
When you decide to post something relivant?? :)

jernau
20-03-04, 19:46
The first one is the most subscribed MMORPG in the world but almost entirely in Korea.

The sequel looks very cool but given the insane depth it will have and the time commitment to keep up with the kind of powergamers it will attract I doubt I'll bother.

If you liked EQ then I'd say it's definitely worth a look.

Possessed
20-03-04, 19:46
Lineage 1 was never really advertised in America/ Europe and had a mainly Korean following (over 1 million people IIRC).

Lineage 2, which is already in retail in Korea and one other place that I've forgotten, and is in US beta atm. It also looks fucking fantastic, I'm even thinking of playing it when it goes retail in the states.....

Sleawer
20-03-04, 19:52
1 million people, now that's a big playerbase.
Kasumi what do you mean with Unreal Warfare Engine, it has an FPS like interface?

Psyco Groupie

They are sexy :p

XSuneX
20-03-04, 19:59
It is just one of those pretty look at me dolly RPG's. no content. Even the Orch PC's are pretty, guess some people need that. I don't.

Kasumi
20-03-04, 20:03
Originally posted by Sleawer
1 million people, now that's a big playerbase.
Kasumi what do you mean with Unreal Warfare Engine, it has an FPS like interface?

They are sexy :p
No it uses the physics from the engine, so like walls and stuff can be broken down, hair, clothes and things flow in the wind.. It also allows for huge battles and things.. It plays in third person and I think it is turn based fighting.. :P

Edit: I might be thinking of another MMORPG but I dont think so, one thing that I was interested in was that you can get a dragon egg in the game and raise.. To become a bigger dragon so you can use it in "wars": P

Possessed
20-03-04, 20:05
Download the siege video from the website and you'll know what Kasumi is talking about....

[edit] For all you lazy people... ftp://ftp.lineage2.com/LineageII_Mpeg4_0325_wm42.zip

Clownst0pper
20-03-04, 20:07
Its the worlds most popular online RPG, in Korea alone, almost 3/4's of the population play it.

It has almost 3million subscribers, More I think, it beats everyquest all over the shop.

It is 110% pvp orientated, with battles raging with 200 players on each side.

Its intense to say the least.

The popularity became so much in korea almost all classes in school had 90% of their pupils missing because the game is so addictive, they did a goverment plea and warning to go back to school.

How can u not have heard of this game?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

K's bro

Nexxy
20-03-04, 20:07
I played the taiwan beta with some people from cron, its a good game. Starts off boring but as soon as you start getting some skills and start fighting harder mobs it gets better.

StrongSad
20-03-04, 20:10
I played to beta for about 1 hour last night. I'll give a short run down.

1)Make my hot dark elf chick. I choose mage rather than melee
2)Spawned in the newb area
3)Went through a short tutorial and started my first newbie quest.
4)Got overwhelmed by a super low lvl mob and was pwnt
a. Was able to talk while dead o_O
5)Spawned in the "nearest" village and was totaly lost. I did not have a map so I was not sure how to get back to the newb area to finish the quest.
6)Ran outside and witnessed a few people with red names be killed.
7)Wittnesed an archer guy kill this huge bush. It dropped some money and I ganked it.
8)Hunter took one look at me, pulled out his bow and poked me a new hole.
9) He said "F' you, that was my loot." Then trotted off.
10) I said, "whatever" and uninstalled the game.

This is very much how I started NC..... :cool:
But I uninstalled lineage because I cant stand turn-based combat. Guess the game would be fun if your into SWG and things of the sort.

Kasumi
20-03-04, 20:10
Well I just registered for the open beta for Japanese, so I will give it a try.. See how it is.. ^_^ Post some screenies if that is allowed here???

Sleawer
20-03-04, 20:18
Thanks possessed, dl'ing in a moment.

xSunex I might be wrong, but those 'pretty look at me dolly' models are just a variant of oriental-art, pretty common I must say. Just a difference of artistic concepts, so not necessarily mean the personal prefferences of people playing those games.... unless you want to widen that generalization a lot more :p
A game where you can feed a dragon and grow it, doesn't sound like lack of content to me.

The part of pvp sounds cool, specially huge battles... did you pvp there nexxy?

PS [OT]:

Koro where in Africa is your bro if I may know?
I used to dive in the north part a lot. Missed the south tho, most beatiful part... someday :)

Clownst0pper
20-03-04, 20:19
Koro where in Africa is your bro if I may know?
I used to dive in the north part a lot. Missed the south tho, most beatiful part... someday

I have no idea tbh, He has gone will his collage to do some conservation work, think he might be comming back next week some time.

Only spoken to him once on the phone, and didnt really ask...LOL should have really, all the same, I leave him to it :p

K's bro-

Sleawer
20-03-04, 20:24
Link not working for me possessed.

@Clown, it's ok then, I have a debt with Africa to come back someday, I hope to acomplish it in a time, not too late.

rofl StrongSad, well Neocron has that kind of pvp/pk also, and we like it so :p

Possessed
20-03-04, 20:26
http://www.lineage2.com/pds/pds_movie.asp

Just get it from there then.

sw1tch
20-03-04, 20:29
is the beta an open one? or select?

Kasumi
20-03-04, 20:32
Thanks possessed, dl'ing in a moment.

xSunex I might be wrong, but those 'pretty look at me dolly' models are just a variant of oriental-art, pretty common I must say. Just a difference of artistic concepts, so not necessarily mean the personal prefferences of people playing those games.... unless you want to widen that generalization a lot more :p

^-^ I dont see anything wrong with the elfs!! They look cute and are nice! ^-^

when are people gonna do something original other than FF style avatars .. those elf ears look stupid

Most people like what they look like! That is why they use them.. What would you prefer they look like??

is the beta an open one? or select?

Closed Beta I thnk for americans! It open beta for japanese though! :)

Clownst0pper
20-03-04, 20:33
Personally the elven ears and style looks stunning, anihilates neocrons char models and movement, give me those any day :eek: :D

K's bro-

Kasumi
20-03-04, 20:34
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Personally the elven ears and style looks stunning, anihilates neocrons char models and movement, give me those any day :eek: :D

K's bro-

They use a MUCH better engine than neocron does! :)

Nexxy
20-03-04, 20:34
I think if you are a file planet subscriber you can get into the closed beta.

Sleawer
20-03-04, 20:41
Yea Nexxy, I'm subscribed to fileplanet and they sent the beta thing... altho it says USA only so not sure if it will work for everyone.

I think those elven models are sexy too Kasumi :p
Just keep me updated when you start playing :)

Nexxy
20-03-04, 20:43
Found some of my pics from the taiwan beta...

Me and some guy trying to gank some dude, he was fast... - http://www.geocities.com/ne3xx/nexx007.jpg

Soulshot p0wa - http://www.geocities.com/ne3xx/nexx009.jpg

And one big ass bear - http://www.geocities.com/ne3xx/nexx006.jpg

Might have to copy and past those links.

Kasumi
20-03-04, 20:43
Yea Nexxy, I'm subscribed to fileplanet and they sent the beta thing... altho it says USA only so not sure if it will work for everyone.

I think those elven models are sexy too Kasumi :p
Just keep me updated when you start playing :)

hehe I didnt say they were "sexy" :P I meant cute as in kawaii ^_^

Edit: one other thing I noticed with the japanese beta not sure about other beta's but it has the option to pick from English text or japanese text.. ^-^ who needs english though? :P

Edit2: @Sleawer Umm if I dont like it I can give you the account information if you want to try the beta.. ;) Only if i dont like it though :D

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 20:54
the bear and the pk one are the same link O.o

*edit found it - http://www.geocities.com/ne3xx/nexx007.jpg

Sleawer
20-03-04, 21:04
Ohh looks like DAoC.
That's nice Kasumi, althought I might try it myself too :)
I'll be glad if you keep me updated with what you find.