PDA

View Full Version : The Neocron Job Center

Dissenter
20-03-04, 12:33
The most pointless building in the game?

Why are there so many un-used pointless buildings in neocron?

Job Center - Pointless
Con Center - Hardly Used
Shooting Range - Never Used
Pussy Club / Vernonique - Never Used
OZ Jail - Moaned about for weeks, and is now never populated.
Pepper Park Maze - Never Used

There was also the NC Bank, which is now being turned into some sort of Zoo I beleive.

Anything planned for these other 'derelict' buildings?

ezza
20-03-04, 12:36
also the PP put in PP2

some nice revamping work and many of those places could be nice hang out places.

problem is theres no real reason to hang there

Elric
20-03-04, 12:38
PP maze is quite a cool little lowbie levelling area. I used it for that when Aggressor captains n such were a little too much for my weak spy to handle, Muties were fine.

Other than that, yer right.

Matthew.v.smith
20-03-04, 12:46
What about the new Twister Party every monday :)

Hope that goes well ^^

Matty.:angel:

amfest
20-03-04, 12:56
It was going to have a point in the very begining from what i know .. . there were going to be 3 seperate terminals if i recall . . email and such could only be accessed from your hometerm .. then there was the job term which I guess was going to be in the job center and I forgotthe other term .if there was one . .lol but in the end we ended up with everything in a citycom system. Personally I think hometerms should be the only place to check your emails or check the forum and post there.

And the buildings are only useless if no one is roleplaying in them. if that's the case Majority of places on the maps are useless cause alot of people just go to the same leveling spots and Ops to fight -_-;; and yet people want more. Which in the end will only cause alot more to be less used :p

Dissenter
20-03-04, 13:13
Yeah, another thing I was wondering about is why there are agressor cellors in P1 and P2, supposedly the most Secure parts of the city..?

I know they were put in with retail, but, erm, why!?

Without them wouldn't it make people explore more, make the game a little more exciting for the new people.

Thats what I enjoyed most about beta, once you got no xp from spiders and plants, you had to go and try to find something.

Which either involved trekking (on foot) to TH or MB, or finding something in the OZ / wastes, and getting pasted :p

amfest
20-03-04, 13:19
exactly . . when I got into retail .. and saw the cellers I was like wtf ... of course I also remember that monks were the first to typical ones who had to leave the city the fastest to find higher level mobs to level off of .. lol
I remember grabbing a missions and rushing to outzone to kill mutants. yea you could do it in pepper park sewers but they group better in oz :)

Now all people have to do is start a new character .. make sure peopel are in the aggie cellers and get hard missions right off -_-;;

Archeus
20-03-04, 14:00
I wish they would put more mid-high level mobs in the lower sewer levels (main city sewers).

I only just noticed the Boss dungeon in PP1, pretty scary (hate spiders)

OZ Jail I go there often (normally to belt hunt). But it won't be a serious hangout until they change the drop rules for reds.

Omnituens
20-03-04, 15:08
i would belt hunt in OZ8 but they dont like me in there...

sw1tch
20-03-04, 15:31
I agree with everything in this thread, there are too many unused buildings, if i had designed them i would be sad that they werent made important to go and use.

Aswell as the stupid cellars which allow people to level up without exploring, something i loved people doing in beta.

As for the job center this is an idea i had for it a while ago: (click but dont reply its an old thread) (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92525)

Archeus
20-03-04, 15:52
Originally posted by Omnituens
i would belt hunt in OZ8 but they dont like me in there...

Kill a vendor before you go in and you can belt hunt. It is only people with more then 5 SL who get attacked there.

Exmond
20-03-04, 16:14
*Remember his discovery of outzone sector 8*

Stupid guards.

Spoon
20-03-04, 17:18
Don't forget the StockX shops in VR 2 and 3, those are always crowded and you can never find a seat...

take a number, please......:rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 17:20
hmmm .... well the job center is useless seeing as you cna get jobs from any citycom .. the rest have their own value of sorts

Exmond
20-03-04, 17:23
Originally posted by Archeus
I wish they would put more mid-high level mobs in the lower sewer levels (main city sewers).

I only just noticed the Boss dungeon in PP1, pretty scary (hate spiders)

OZ Jail I go there often (normally to belt hunt). But it won't be a serious hangout until they change the drop rules for reds.

Pepper Park Sewers 1??

Been down there didn;t notice any boss...

Clownst0pper
20-03-04, 17:38
There should be a score board,and names to the shooting range, you also gain 'some' exp when doing it.

Like a league table, with a competition prize at the end of each month. :)

K's bro

jernau
20-03-04, 17:42
To be fair there aren't enough players atm to populate any more areas no matter what KK does with them.

Of the ones you mention :
Job Center - Not sure what can be done there but a few suggestions have been made - I liked the library one.
Con Center - It's used a bit actually for events and RP things
Shooting Range - Doesn't even work does it? Should be fixed
Pussy Club / Vernonique - Again, there is some RP and event activity there like the party nights.
OZ Jail - Needs a GR or some other way to get there more easily than running through PP with red SL.

As Archeus says - Mid-level bosses are totally lacking which is a pretty big oversight. Main Sewer could easily house 2 or 3 of them and so could OZ. I'd like water-based mobs in the main sewer as Neocron has none at all atm (stranded rats don't count :p).

Archeus
20-03-04, 18:12
Originally posted by jernau

OZ Jail - Needs a GR or some other way to get there more easily than running through PP with red SL.

There are at least 4 ways into OZ Jail that I know of.

Originally posted by Exmond
Pepper Park Sewers 1??

Been down there didn;t notice any boss...

You need to go all the way down to the bottom then all the way to the end, and it is the sewer nearest the subway.

jernau
20-03-04, 18:38
Originally posted by Archeus
There are at least 4 ways into OZ Jail that I know of.

1) From the Wastes - Nearest public GR : Crest Village or OZ station (via STORMs), both 4 zones away.

2) From either OZ2 GR via OZ4

3) From either OZ2 GR via OZ4, then OZ5 (silly)

4) Bump Asylum from PP:Exit GR

All involve running through at least 2 whole zones between GR and jail.

No. 4 is easiest if you don't know the OZ well but involves PP which may be unwise if you are red-SL.

Considering you could just GR to Escador and buy almost everything you can at the jail (plus a few things you can't get there ;)) I'm not surprised it's empty.

Exmond
20-03-04, 21:38
Goes to the "Boss sewer"

ARRR!

BTW, anyone done any searching for the ProtoPharm guy?

Archeus
20-03-04, 21:49
Originally posted by jernau
3) From either OZ2 GR via OZ4, then OZ5 (silly)

erm, it is only a short walk from Mutant Pool GR. Not nearly as long as you make it out to be.

GR - next zone, go in through the sewer section (hole on second floor).

jernau
20-03-04, 22:11
Originally posted by Exmond
BTW, anyone done any searching for the ProtoPharm guy?

Yeah, I went through most of Main Sewer last night on Saturn and couldn't find him. I didn't do the bits with lots of swimming so he may be in there I suppose, otherwise the OZ. Knowing KK he's right next to Streetwork GR but I haven't looked.

@Archeus - It's still a long way to go for shops that are also in a dozen other places in-game that are just as safe, if not more so, for red SL runners. If needs something to draw people in which makes it just a little bit better than all the alternatives, like :
- ultra-cheap drugs and ammo
- unique items from special vendors (poison mods for melee would make sense)
- new missions (only available there) that cater more to the "bad-guy" playstyle
- a new high-level mob (hostage copbot for instance)

Omnituens
21-03-04, 01:17
hmmmm, streetworks is the best GR

OZ2 -> OZ4 -> OZ8

and i believe there are 2 secret passages into OZ8

EDIT: oops wrong enterence