PDA

View Full Version : RPLE: v6.9.197 Released!

StryfeX
20-03-04, 02:21
The newest version of the RPLE has been released. Get v6.9.197 here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev69197.zip)!

Changelog for v6.9.197: Made all cells have "--" in them instead of zero. This will not affect importing exporting old or newer versions.
Updated the color scheme.
Fixed an error in the formatting of the spreadsheet that was causing the "Clear Current Sheet" to take a lot longer with the new zero scheme.
Fixed a bug in the Export to HTML sections. Some values weren't carrying over properly.Something to note as well is that since I've put in the new zero scheme, I've had to change the way the "Export to File" procedure works. Due to those changes, it now takes a significantly longer amount of time to complete.

Righty then... I think that's everything. Unfortunately I didn't document the changes as well as I should have, so I'm not sure if I've mentioned everything. I'll edit as needed.

As always, please post bugs, comments and suggestions here.

--Stryfe

Mirco
20-03-04, 02:58
Uhum I`m not a excel wiz. Is it possible to bring all my numbers from the earlier rple over to this new one?

StryfeX
20-03-04, 09:01
Originally posted by Mirco
Uhum I`m not a excel wiz. Is it possible to bring all my numbers from the earlier rple over to this new one? Only if you have v6.7 or later. v6.7 was when I added the Export to File/Import from File procedures.

The only way you'll be able to get your info from the old one (assuming it is v6.6a or prior) is to re-enter it. Keep in mind that once you get it into this version, you will be able to export it to a file and then import if back into a newer version.

--Stryfe

Maarten
20-03-04, 22:28
Something's not right with the exported color schemes:

http://www.eaglered.net/neocron/rares.htm

StryfeX
21-03-04, 09:33
Originally posted by Maarten
Something's not right with the exported color schemes:

http://www.eaglered.net/neocron/rares.htm What do you mean? That it's highlighting cells that have zero in them? That was by design. I guess I should have clarified the "Updated color schemes" item in the changelog. Basically what I did was carried over the zero-cell highlighting from the main spreadsheet.

If I'm completely off-base, please let me know. Also, could you maybe upload a copy of your exported data? I'd like to play around with the color-scheme a bit, maybe establish a new default one based off yours.

--Stryfe

Maarten
24-03-04, 01:31
Sorry for the late reply. My problem is the cells that are white.
The cells that belong to a rare which I do have parts of but don't have it complete. Tech part of Liberator is an example. In Excel, that cell is orange.

StryfeX
24-03-04, 01:58
Sorry for the late reply. My problem is the cells that are white.
The cells that belong to a rare which I do have parts of but don't have it complete. Tech part of Liberator is an example. In Excel, that cell is orange. Ah ok, I see what you mean. The conditional formatting of the HTML sheet is such that if the value is 0 (including "--") the cell changes to whatever you set the colors to (a dark red in this case), if you can build one, the cells in that row change to the color you specify (a darker green for your sheet). However, if it doesn't match either of those two checks (i.e. - you have the part, but not enough to build the thing) it will be the color of what's behind it. In the case of the HTML sheet, it uses the Standard Primary and Standard Secondary highlighting colors for the whole sheet.

--Stryfe

Maarten
24-03-04, 15:49
Meaning you can't fix it?

StryfeX
26-03-04, 00:48
Meaning you can't fix it? Meaning that I made the export to HTML sheet to be a simple display, and as you can't edit anything, the need for the "modifiables" highlighting is non-existent (in my mind.) Get me to see otherwise and you can bet on new version with more colors. ;)

--Stryfe

El Barto
20-04-04, 16:29
I got a problem that I found with it, the brain implats under the headings Built and BP don't seem to work for me. I can't click on them or ur the keyboard to get at them its just unselectable to me, like the black parts of the spread sheet and the white areas, just can't click on them.

Capt. Rik
20-04-04, 17:27
I get the same problem but only with the level 1 and level 2 built/blueprinted sections

StryfeX
20-04-04, 21:20
I got a problem that I found with it, the brain implats under the headings Built and BP don't seem to work for me. I can't click on them or ur the keyboard to get at them its just unselectable to me, like the black parts of the spread sheet and the white areas, just can't click on them.
I get the same problem but only with the level 1 and level 2 built/blueprinted sectionsConfirmed. It's a really easy fix, but I have a couple more tweaks to do to the next version of the RPLE, so it'll probably be released in a couple days.

--Stryfe