PDA

View Full Version : [NL Pro] Winamp controls

g0rt
20-03-04, 01:47
Ok this has been bugging me for awhile but I havent had a chance to post it

So here it goes.

I really want my winamp controls to work in NL pro, not because I need hte controls but simply because I wanna see the id3 tag of the song playing in my text window :D

But theres a serious problem every time I try and run the game with winamp controls installed :(

Take a look:

http://www.zoneseek.ca/pix/winamp_controls.gif

It spams a half assed id3 tag name every 3-5 seconds, sometimes displays the whole thing, sometimes only displays little chunks of the track name. :mad: It even shows the song name when its not actually PLAYING the track!

My setup:

- winamp 2.x
- big ass playlist, on random
- i have audio controls on my keyboard that i use including stop, play, next song, previous song, volume, etc and i wanna continue to use these

I just wanna see the new song name appear in the text box when i switch songs, I got a fucking massive list and sometimes a song comes on that I really wanna remember the name of so I can look it up again in the future, and I can't be arsed to alt-tab and lose all my buffs because that bug is annoying as hell :rolleyes:

Any ideas? Maybe from Devion himself? :p

neofrag
20-03-04, 02:18
This could be a problem with WA plugins or your WA is out of date...

Try the latest build of WA 2.9x and run it without plugins (like crossfading etc...)

this is just an idea :o :angel: :rolleyes:

regards,

neofrag

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 02:20
If you dont like 5 cos of the resource hog .. you can strip it right down to 2.x levels

Vampire222
20-03-04, 02:28
winamp 3 of 5

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 02:30
3 is 'unsupported'

g0rt
20-03-04, 02:48
Originally posted by neofrag
This could be a problem with WA plugins or your WA is out of date...

Try the latest build of WA 2.9x and run it without plugins (like crossfading etc...)

this is just an idea :o :angel: :rolleyes:

regards,

neofrag

It is the latest.

Can't say im a big fan of 5 but i could always try it, see if it works properly....if you say I can strip it down to look/act like 2 i guess its worth a shot.

Then again, you can strip the new media player down to look exactly like 6.4 but it still takes 2x the time to just load itself up :rolleyes:

But yeah...either way, ill give 5.x a shot...

Estabin
20-03-04, 02:58
It might actually be picking up the song track and name under the MP3 description, in Winamp you can pull up the description of the MP3 and if you downloaded it from another source god only knows what they put into the description of the MP3 when they ripped it... I have gotten all kinds of funky crap under the description and had to change it ot something I wanted.

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 02:58
thats the spirit :)

Yinyin
20-03-04, 07:31
LOL I'M MENTIONED IN THAT SCREENSHOT

C - Lo
20-03-04, 07:35
Always on duty like usual, Officer Ketchup.

Mighty Max
20-03-04, 09:29
The script is retrieving the songname from the winamp-windowtitle.

If you have scrolling of this title enabled ItemGFX will think that it continously changes and inform you every second about it.

Disable the title scrolling and youll be fine.

spongeb0b
20-03-04, 10:01
I run winamp 5 with my nclpro and my song bar is scrolling, and i dont have a problem with it. so.... :/

Maybe its because your not using 5. i must admit i went thru a stage of not likeing winamp, then i found 5 and i love it :D#

-DF- (spongebobs other half :p)

20-03-04, 11:16
yep, its the 'scroll title in taskbar' option thats causing it ;)

gg
no
re

Mighty Max
20-03-04, 11:16
Yes under winamp 5 its working, cuz it creates an hidden winamp window with th right title.

But the 2.x window is the visible where the scrolling title exists.

Some oddities of Winamp ...