PDA

View Full Version : I read something interesting - Retail patch #162

phunqe
19-03-04, 15:09
While waiting for some stuff, I browsed some old retail patch notes. I found the #162 notes to be particularly interesting. They state:

SL System:
- Players are only penalized after doing 20% damage to another player (previously 10%). So there is more marging for erroneous shots without punishement now.

8| o_O

This is really interesting. Can't remember it was at 10% even, and what happened to the 20% now?

Why was it removed, and 20% would be a very nice number wouldn't it? :)

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 15:13
peronally 25%... 1/4

that would be good

if you 1/4 kill someone (or more) you potentially could get a SL hit

symp hits anyway IMO :D

phunqe
19-03-04, 15:14
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
peronally 25%... 1/4

that would be good

if you 1/4 kill someone (or more) you potentially could get a SL hit

symp hits anyway IMO :D

Yeah, symp might hit still... but it seems there are some code for the % SL hit stuff... where is it hidden? Lurk it out :p

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 15:16
that or its KK speakin crap

whoops did i say that? :p

and i cant dig anyhting out, im at work :p *sigh* 2 hours 10 mins to go...

LVirus
19-03-04, 15:17
Originally posted by phunqe
Yeah, symp might hit still... but it seems there are some code for the % SL hit stuff... where is it hidden? Lurk it out :p

Personally I don't care that much about SL hit than symph hit. I say 25% means SL hit and 50% means SL and symph hit

El_MUERkO
19-03-04, 15:19
I dont know how true that is, I hit a tank with my fists on my noob spy a while back and he got the SL hit.

phunqe
19-03-04, 15:20
Oh well, one could dream at least :)

Lifewaster
19-03-04, 16:40
Thats nice now we PPUs can run around helping red players kill, and not lose SL when we Para and DB the victims :P

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 16:42
*sigh* its in ooooold patch notes... this hasnt just been put in.

its not in

if it ever was i didnt notice it, and they removed it

PK at your own risk mate

phunqe
19-03-04, 16:43
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
PK at your own risk mate

Yeah, problem is often when I PK I'm very mad (revenge) and it happens that I get somewhat too excited :p

o_O

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 16:43
Its abit anoying when messing around leveling after parashocking my mate i take sl hit when he blows himself up .. ho well

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 16:57
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Its abit anoying when messing around leveling after parashocking my mate i take sl hit when he blows himself up .. ho well

bit annoying when im tryin to change faction and someone attacks me :p j/k :D

yeah the SL system sucks... i owuld like a 25% damage to lose SL thing... but... that doesnt stop PPU's as said here O_o