View Full Version : Pluto server population

MrChumble
19-03-04, 14:02
It's a bit worrying when there's only 3 people in plaza 1, and 2 of them are me. :(

I hope KK are going to get DoY finished soon.

sanityislost
19-03-04, 14:04
i was there, but im not now. want me to go and keep you company?? can bring some chicken pie with cheese to freak out the copbots. cause they know just how evil cheese is.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:06
Originally posted by MrChumble
It's a bit worrying when there's only 3 people in plaza 1, and 2 of them are me. :(

I hope KK are going to get DoY finished soon.

lmao

thats a funny quote :D

(i dont know whats funnier, the appauling player base or DoY being finished soon)

Glok
19-03-04, 14:09
Pluto pop sucks. I think I'm the only active CityAdmin player on the whole server (yeah I changed factions... soooo many enemies! :o)

garyu69
19-03-04, 14:10
Go to Tech Haven see how many are there? Or P2

P1 Sucks anyway, its got a funny smell..... and i'm sure it's coming from the pant pots :-\

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:11
Originally posted by garyu69

P1 Sucks anyway, its got a funny smell..... and i'm sure it's coming from the pant pots :-\

i hate pants pots

sanityislost
19-03-04, 14:12

P1 Sucks anyway, its got a funny smell..... and i'm sure it's coming from the plant pots :-\

they just smell cause certain people had to "water" the plants:p

MrChumble
19-03-04, 14:14
I've always used P1 as the barometer of how busy the server is. If there's 3 people then the server in general is probably pretty dead :(

Maybe it's cos it's the middle of the day and most people are at school/work (unlike skiving slackers such as myself) but still, the server pop does feel like it's shrinking fast. Maybe it's just cos it's the same old enemies day in day out.

Come on KK, release DoY already :D

garyu69
19-03-04, 14:17
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i hate pants pots Bah!

I wish i was skiving instead of being here at work. :(

Siygess
19-03-04, 14:18
Hey Glok, you're in CA now?

Well you aren't the only CA player on Pluto - there must be.. oh... 30 of us at least! :D

Granted, it doesnt quite live up to the 1000+ runners which are registered on the CityCom but you cant have everything..

Glok
19-03-04, 14:21
Oh yeah, I forgot you. Sowwy. My intentions are anything but honorable tho... the biggest clans on Pluto are in Crahn, tsu, bd, TG... muahaha, course, they will likely kill me far more often than I kill them, but hey, it will be fun until I run out of money. :D

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 14:26
Just join uranus and be done with it :)

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:28
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Just join uranus and be done with it :)

ding ding ding!

winnah!

garyu69
19-03-04, 14:34
Just join uranus and be done with it :) Why would you want to do that?

Smells of Poo there

:rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 14:40
na thats just plaza 1 .. no-one uses it anyway

I know people have sister clans on either server so its sooo makes sense :):):)

garyu69
19-03-04, 14:46
Does Uranus have 4 Slots?

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:55
yup... ultimate it, ammo mod it, silence it and whack a laser sight on it

garyu69
19-03-04, 14:58
Nah, that sucks.

1 Slot server > 4 Slot server

GT_Rince
19-03-04, 15:01
Don't forget, that most of Plutos population is UK or Europe. Most folks will be at work.

El_MUERkO
19-03-04, 15:04
Plaza 2 is far busier than plaza 1 since the medicare guards went psycho.

Although the population is fairly low at times alot of those people are active and killing eachother.

Barak
19-03-04, 15:04
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Don't forget, that most of Plutos population is UK or Europe. Most folks will be at work.

good point - chumble go get a job you long haired oik

LVirus
19-03-04, 15:09
I will open 3rd account in Pluto today or soon anyway so there will be LVirus, me and me!

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 15:11
Nah, that sucks.

1 Slot server > 4 Slot server

any reason?

maybe because you can only have 1 char on pluto... oh no... wait... kk supports people having multiple accounts, going against the idea of a "hardcore" 1 char server

GT_Rince
19-03-04, 15:30
Originally posted by LVirus
I will open 3rd account in Pluto today or soon anyway so there will be LVirus, me and me!

Oh good.... :rolleyes:

and lol @ Barak :D :rolleyes:

MrChumble
19-03-04, 15:31
any reason?

maybe because you can only have 1 char on pluto... oh no... wait... kk supports people having multiple accounts, going against the idea of a "hardcore" 1 char server

You called?

garyu69
19-03-04, 15:33
any reason? You get to know people better and you get a much better RP experience in my opinion.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 15:33
You called?

o_O 5 accounts? is your sig serious?

just play a 4 char server ffs... 1/5th the cost and remember 1/5th the account details (and 1/5th the chance of some random hacker targeting you lol)

:edit: @gary - how does having alts on different accounts make it easier to get to know someone than having alts on the same account? O_o

Agent L
19-03-04, 15:38
Plaza 1 is empty because KK banned a half of population from p1.

MrChumble
19-03-04, 15:39
o_O 5 accounts? is your sig serious?

Alas, yes.

just play a 4 char server ffs... 1/5th the cost and remember 1/5th the account details (and 1/5th the chance of some random hacker targeting you lol)

I started out on Pluto cos this is where my mates played and I was too noob to argue with them. Now I'm set up here and I know the people I don't want to move :)

I've never been very impressed with the other servers and as this is the only game I play 5 accounts doesn't really set me back much (to compare I used to pay £80 a month for a CS server box for my clan, so I could still have a few more accounts and not feel like I was being cheated of my money :))

There is a fair amount of irony though; I like pluto because of the 1 slot thing, the economy is less screwed and (with a larger player base) the politics seem a little less whacked (although they are so screwed now it's almost irrelevent which faction you're in).

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 15:43
fools

garyu69
19-03-04, 15:49
I agree with everything the Chumble said about Pluto.

and i have Multi-accounts too

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 15:51
getting to know people and/or rp has nothing todo with accounts .. imo its clans that create that atmosphere ... im guessing theres aload of unclanned role palyers on pluto so its so much bettar or something

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 15:57
getting to know people and/or rp has nothing todo with accounts .. imo its clans that create that atmosphere ... im guessing theres aload of unclanned role palyers on pluto so its so much bettar or something

yeah there are alot of unclanned rpers or they are in small clans...and the reason for that and for the low population on pluto is that 90 % of pluto`s clans suck

i played pluto since it went live and in the last month i know at least 10 people who quit / went inactive or changed server....

pluto simply became lame.

MrChumble
19-03-04, 16:35
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
pluto simply became lame.

Yup :(

I'm really really hoping that there's a huge influx of noobies with DoY, and that they don't all get scared off by a combination of bugs, aggro from experienced players and the general llamaness of the community.
If Pluto had double the player base it would almost certainly rule again :D

Ivory
19-03-04, 16:36
give the noobs 100k plus a sexy appt to start them off then they'll stay forever, good marketing pr and keeps the noobs in the game.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 16:37
doesnt jupiter have double pluto's playerbase? i just made a noob there (although i dont speak a word of german... well... cant type any anyway - sheiza! schnell! ... thats all i can say)

:edit: @ Ivory - no that fucks the economy...

GT_Rince
19-03-04, 16:42
Yeah - I also started a character on Jupiter. Some things are obvious straight away...

No trade spam - Trade is actually quiet = a nice change.
1st time out of my apartment I walked out into a full scale war between about 3 clans. I am glad I had my LE in...

Made a real change to see some action. I saw no PP1 zone fighting (although I am sure it happens), but move further into PP and it got real interesting.

But this is just something for a change for me - not saying I have left Pluto - just... having a change...!

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 16:44
Yup :(

I'm really really hoping that there's a huge influx of noobies with DoY, and that they don't all get scared off by a combination of bugs, aggro from experienced players and the general llamaness of the community.
If Pluto had double the player base it would almost certainly rule again :D

i dont know... pvp is simply fubared on pluto..
it seems both sides wont change ..so new players would simply join those clans and go on with the lame shit...

at the end its the same =/

and yea jester... jup got ALOT more people and they dont use the same lame shit like pluto :)

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 16:54
I am also giving saturn a chance but it seems I'm permanently back on Pluto soon again. I mean full-time. It's almost impossible to get hold of SF on saturn, TG faction is fucked up to the lowest hell (they KOS everyone who is not crahn or TG no matter which rank you are) and there's absolutely NO ONE leveling at CRP EVER! My patience with saturn is about to end. I mean what the hell could I do with no one caving? Go caving alone? Level up at MB bunker until I'm capped? :lol: No way.

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 16:56
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
I am also giving saturn a chance but it seems I'm permanently back on Pluto soon again. I mean full-time. It's almost impossible to get hold of SF on saturn, TG faction is fucked up to the lowest hell (they KOS everyone who is not crahn or TG no matter which rank you are) and there's absolutely NO ONE leveling at CRP EVER! My patience with saturn is about to end. I mean what the hell could I do with no one caving? Go caving alone? Level up at MB bunker until I'm capped? :lol: No way.

get spirit to come back

:(

garyu69
19-03-04, 16:56
The one thing that does annoy me on Pluto is the Clan Bandwagon jumping.

You occasionally get clans who are flavour of the month, eXo were in danger of that but we've put a cap on recruitment at the moment :p

ezza
19-03-04, 16:58
I am also giving saturn a chance but it seems I'm permanently back on Pluto soon again. I mean full-time. It's almost impossible to get hold of SF on saturn, TG faction is fucked up to the lowest hell (they KOS everyone who is not crahn or TG no matter which rank you are) and there's absolutely NO ONE leveling at CRP EVER! My patience with saturn is about to end. I mean what the hell could I do with no one caving? Go caving alone? Level up at MB bunker until I'm capped? :lol: No way. hmm everytime im in the area of crp theres always cave teams.

what faction are you btw?

as for the SF depends what your offering tbh.

cant argue about the TG thing though

•Super|\|ova•
get spirit to come back

:(

Sadly it's a bit impossible atm. Some of us are playing different games at least for temporary :(

Barak
The one thing that does annoy me on Pluto is the Clan Bandwagon jumping.

You occasionally get clans who are flavour of the month, eXo were in danger of that but we've put a cap on recruitment at the moment :p

must... not ...laugh.. to hard.... *smirks*

but yeah it's a pain in the ass look at NCF lol well whats left of it :p

they cause nothing but problems

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 16:59
Originally posted by ezza
hmm everytime im in the area of crp theres always cave teams.

what faction are you btw?

as for the SF depends what your offering tbh.

cant argue about the TG thing though

I'm PP and I wasn't offering anything... I told ppl to DM me if they have SF so they can ask what they want for it.

garyu69
19-03-04, 17:00
Originally posted by Barak
but yeah it's a pain in the ass look at NCF lol well whats left of it :p agreed.

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 17:00
agreed.

yea and it all started with.............

@super... SWG SUCKS :(

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 17:03
no... SWG is really good...

that reminds me... anyone wanna buy an SWG account? :lol:

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 17:07
yea and it all started with.............

yeah well... i don't know about that since I've never tried it out and never will.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 17:09
yeah well... i don't know about that since I've never tried it out and never will.

super! its good! gimme money for my act! :p

trading SW:G act for NC act lmao :D

god im so bored at work... still... 28 mins til i go to a LAN cafe to play NC for... 16 hours? possibly...

garyu69
19-03-04, 17:10
god im so bored at work... still... 28 mins til i go to a LAN cafe to play NC for... 16 hours? possibly... 1hr 30 mins for me.
And my day so far has been sending the same e-mail to people about our sites:

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Recently we have been experiencing some server problems which were causing certain areas of the site to either load very slow or just not load at all. Some of these problems are still present but our technical team are working as fast as possible to correct any errors.

If you are finding that you are still having trouble in accessing the site then please can you provide me with the link or Volume/Issue that you are trying to access so that I can further investigate, and may be able to get the data to you by other means.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Sucks!

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 17:12
well i have been on the forums AL DAY lol :p

ezza
19-03-04, 17:13
I'm PP and I wasn't offering anything... I told ppl to DM me if they have SF so they can ask what they want for it. yeah prot can get a rough time, some BD kill em some TG kill em :|

cant help you on the SF, got a few parts but unless you got tanky parts to trade for em cant help ya :P

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 17:16
yeah prot can get a rough time, some BD kill em some TG kill em :|

cant help you on the SF, got a few parts but unless you got tanky parts to trade for em cant help ya :P

Well that's really fucked up... BD and PP are allies after all.

And i got no parts at all on saturn since i started there few days ago all alone and I'm too low level to go hunt WBs and such.

I have money on me though. But I can assure that I sure wont pay more than 800k for a damn SF :lol:

John_Ravenhawk
19-03-04, 17:17
I never go to Plaza 1 anymore... I can't make any money when I get shot every two minutes... A PIMP needs to make a living.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 17:18
Originally posted by John_Ravenhawk
I never go to Plaza 1 anymore... I can't make any money when I get shot every two minutes... A PIMP needs to make a living. besides... more people should go to the PIMP sopt in P3 :D

El_MUERkO
19-03-04, 17:21
Its all about the clan you're in and the enemies you have in my opinion, I'm in a great clan on Pluto, our enemies hate us and we hate them but I am also in a great clan on Saturn with plenty of action and muppets to shoot.

My problem with Saturn is the faction jumpers, random PKers killing low levels to show their 'l33t skillz' and people turning up on allied alts to kill you cause you killed them.

My problem with Pluto is the lack of people.

If Saturn and Pluto were merged and the game could handle 600+ people I'd be pretty happy, I only use 3 of my saturn slots anyway :)

Still I enjoy both servers and I dont see any major reason why one would be considered better than the other

Praetorian
19-03-04, 17:31
Originally posted by Glok
Pluto pop sucks. I think I'm the only active CityAdmin player on the whole server (yeah I changed factions... soooo many enemies! :o)

lol you gotta be kidding...

Glok
19-03-04, 17:35
You guys are CityAdmin? I never noticed tbh, I always thought you were NExT. :o

ezza
19-03-04, 17:38
You guys are CityAdmin? I never noticed tbh, I always thought you were NExT. :o why not go bio, you will have crahn TG and TT to kill then, aint they all big factions on pluto

Praetorian
19-03-04, 17:40
You guys are CityAdmin? I never noticed tbh, I always thought you were NExT. :o

NEXT??? OMG KOS! o.O

TGM was CA from the beginning, how you could make such a huge mistake is... frightening... :)

Glok
19-03-04, 17:42
Yeah they are big factions on Pluto.

What is Biotech relation to tsu and bd?

edit:
Originally posted by Praetorian
NEXT??? OMG KOS! o.O

TGM was CA from the beginning, how you could make such a huge mistake is... frightening... :) Oops. You are right, I remember seeing you in the CA armor way back last year. I had forgotten about that. Thing is I never look at faction in safezones. I might notice red or green, but that is all.

ezza
19-03-04, 17:43
Yeah they are big factions on Pluto.

What is Biotech relation to tsu and bd? hmm tsu not sure but allied with BD

Glok
19-03-04, 17:44
Well, I went CA just because I couldn't make up my mind. I wish anarchy breed was a player faction. :/

IceStorm
19-03-04, 18:02
There is no one on Pluto. Any numbers you see on the server selection screen are hallucinations. No one has logged into Pluto for over 9 months. There are no clans, no faction councellors, no events, and no mobs spawning. The server's dead. If it wasn't nailed to the racks it would be pushing up the daisies.

---

The reason you don't find people in Plaza 1 is that the CA guards next to the GRs shoot anti-City on sight. They also like to get stuck in the columns, so they're not always avoidable. Because Pluto's biggest factions are anti-city (TG/Crahn/BD/Tsunami), all those tradeskill-enabled characters are hanging in Plaza 2 or Plaza 3. That's why those benches were installed in PL2/3/4...

The shift from safezone to no-safezone servers is causing this. There's nothing you can do about it as this is the way KK wants it. If you need tradeskills, shout on Skill-NC or Trade-NC, or you can wait for N.C.F. to log all their characters in and see if they'll help you.

Plaza 1 is not what it used to be, and I doubt it ever will be again.

sanityislost
19-03-04, 18:13
Originally posted by IceStorm
There is no one on Pluto. Any numbers you see on the server selection screen are hallucinations. No one has logged into Pluto for over 9 months. There are no clans, no faction councellors, no events, and no mobs spawning. The server's dead. If it wasn't nailed to the racks it would be pushing up the daisies.

---

The reason you don't find people in Plaza 1 is that the CA guards next to the GRs shoot anti-City on sight. They also like to get stuck in the columns, so they're not always avoidable. Because Pluto's biggest factions are anti-city (TG/Crahn/BD/Tsunami), all those tradeskill-enabled characters are hanging in Plaza 2 or Plaza 3. That's why those benches were installed in PL2/3/4...

The shift from safezone to no-safezone servers is causing this. There's nothing you can do about it as this is the way KK wants it. If you need tradeskills, shout on Skill-NC or Trade-NC, or you can wait for N.C.F. to log all their characters in and see if they'll help you.

Plaza 1 is not what it used to be, and I doubt it ever will be again.

ummm or u could just like stand about in Tech haven, lots of tradeskilling people kick about there :D ....... well if ur red to FA then yea shout in the skill chan lol :p

Carinth
19-03-04, 22:06
hmm tsu not sure but allied with BD

Are you sure bout bd? When I was in a bio clan way back early retail, we were hostile to bd. We fought the crackheads all the time, or more accurately got stomped anytime we tried to enter pp1 : ) I know bio was and still is alllied with Tsunami.

Ontopic: It would seem most people are anti city atm on pluto, and anti city is banned from plaza 1. Try leaving custom channels open, you're most likely to hear from ppl that way.

Myrlin
19-03-04, 22:11
BT is allied with both TSU and BD.

John_Ravenhawk
20-03-04, 00:36
Yeah Plaza 2 on the bridge is my money spot of late... If you need a poke or a repair you can find me there if I'm not on the PIMP spot.. Pluto for life or longer... I like my clan it has variety and they are always there to take care of buisness.

trigger hurt
20-03-04, 01:30
Eh,

I tried to do my part and play on pluto everytime I logged on, but the lack of tradeskillers is friggin horrid.

Tried to join a CA clan, spammed faction for a good 3 hours...i know they were on cause they were all at the 'meeting for ca newbs'...noone responded...guess they don't need any help.

As far as I can see, it will be impossible for me to get the weapons I need to survive on pluto...so...i gave up.

Glok
20-03-04, 01:40
You must be doing something wrong, trigger. All the way from noob to my current 92 psi, I had modules ressed and built on separate occasions as I reached them. I had 3 separate batches of energy beams built to end up with a measly 3 slotter (but I ultimated it, so it's artifact damage and 116 freq :D)... maybe you were trying on off hours?

John_Ravenhawk
20-03-04, 01:54
I gave up construction and researching because of Slot-whores as I affectionally like to call everyone who wanted something built.. It seemed like if you didn't get at least 4 slots on a weapon people weren't satisfied.. So I gave it up *** Never felt Better *** Now I love the game.

Glok
20-03-04, 01:55
Hybrid monks need those slots. Desperately.

I'm really rather ashamed I'm using my ultimated energy beam to level, but it is painful using a lesser module, the damage really suffers. No matter tho, I figure it will be at 80%/80% when I cap psi, so no matter.

John_Ravenhawk
20-03-04, 01:57
Then put those points in Construction and make your own stuff and don't give me grief because I didn't get 4 slots.

Glok
20-03-04, 02:00
Don't be ridiculous, I never blame the constructor. I know how slots work, and I know psi modules for some reason are harder to slot.

In fact, every constructor I have used has told me to DM them the next time I need a batch, because I tip well, and I never complain. :)

trigger hurt
20-03-04, 05:07
You must be doing something wrong, trigger. All the way from noob to my current 92 psi, I had modules ressed and built on separate occasions as I reached them. I had 3 separate batches of energy beams built to end up with a measly 3 slotter (but I ultimated it, so it's artifact damage and 116 freq :D)... maybe you were trying on off hours?

I dont think im doing anything wrong...but i think the tradeskillers probably play earlier in the day than I do. I usually dont get home from work until 6:00pm est, at which time, I don't log on immediatly. I've been staring at a computer all day. Kinda need a little nap and a break.

Glok
20-03-04, 05:12
Yeah, if you are logging on at 6pm est, you gotta rely on us fickle americans. :p Well, if you need a poke at those times, DM my sig name. I poke TL 84. Of course, much of my time is spent trolling these forums, maybe a PM telling me to get the hell online would be in order.

ServeX
20-03-04, 09:15
trigger, you mispelled grief in your signature, you spelled it greif, it's spelled grief.

suler
20-03-04, 09:42
i before e except after c, well uh except weird and a few others.

Glok
20-03-04, 20:07
If you rely on the i before e rule, you will end up spelling a lot of words wrong. I don't know why that was drilled into our heads in grade school... :lol:

trigger hurt
20-03-04, 23:45
it was done on purpose. for those folks who feel they have no other ammunition to insult me with other than to critique my spelling.

Revslad
20-03-04, 23:57
Originally posted by trigger hurt
it was done on purpose. for those folks who feel they have no other ammunition to insult me with other than to critique my spelling.

gg no re to that hehe :lol:

neways. why dont you move to saturn the pops growng steadily there. but i guess if u dont want lag then stay on pluto ;)

Jest
21-03-04, 09:24
Well the fact is EVERY server pop sucks. Pluto is sometimes even the highest of the 5. Its not that bad these days. Im sort of disguisted with a lot of aspects of Pluto but I will probably always be there. ;) Stick it out, remember that half the server cant even come into P1 anyways. :p

Hayato
21-03-04, 11:32
Join FA

Have a Faction that supports each other

Join a nice clan

Pluto all the way!