PDA

View Full Version : WoW US beta has begun!

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 13:15
Really damn cool, though I can't join it since I don't live in US but the reason why I'm happy is because this means european beta, open beta and retail stage are one step closer again.

Anyways... I'd like to ppl let us know if you got accepted yet and maybe even post here some ingame screenies. I've been waiting for this game two years now and I can't wait to see more screenies of actual ingame action :)

ezza
19-03-04, 13:17
was looking forward to this a while ago but now not bothered, may check it out at somepoint though

umm wont they have the non disclosure thingy on atm to stop people blabbing about the game

evs
19-03-04, 13:18
g0d was messing abooot in the sandbox alpha just before xmas.
He was well impressed.

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 13:19
Originally posted by evs
g0d was messing abooot in the sandbox alpha just before xmas.
He was well impressed.

Nothing new on that side. I want beta info ;)

LVirus
19-03-04, 15:26
Supanovah, you saw those leaked videos @ #neocron today? Well, to me, it wasn't anything impressive - infact, I was very disapointed 8| :o :mad:

Cliffraiser
19-03-04, 17:40
warcraft sucks

nuffsaid

silly fantasy shit :D

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 17:42
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
warcraft sucks

nuffsaid

silly fantasy shit :D

yeah but at least it sucks less than sci-fi ;)

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 17:45
Im not too sure on wow ... ill try and get in beta but if not ill prolly not get it

It doesnt say anywhere how large the world is or how diverse mobs are ? .. if its similar to neocron theres not really much point in moving .. meh we'll see

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 17:47
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Im not too sure on wow ... ill try and get in beta but if not ill prolly not get it

It doesnt say anywhere how large the world is or how diverse mobs are ? .. if its similar to neocron theres not really much point in moving .. meh we'll see

Well from what I've seen the world is a bit bigger than NC map.

FirestarXL
19-03-04, 17:49
meh.

Vid Gamer
19-03-04, 18:01
No e-mail here.

ezza
19-03-04, 18:04
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
No e-mail here. nevermind.

put your sig back up as well

-=BlackBeard=-
19-03-04, 18:05
nice one

sanityislost
19-03-04, 18:09
Gah screw wow lol im just waiting for squaresoft to hurry up and bring FFXI out in the uk, oh and i wana try the Fomk beta should be chilled, wana try and screw with the rp in it :D :D

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 18:12
fomk looks so shit from that trailer they released ... fuck that :lol:

garyu69
19-03-04, 18:13
Originally posted by sanityislost
, wana try and screw with the rp in it :D :D Skull Cult in FoMK? o_O

sanityislost
19-03-04, 18:16
Originally posted by garyu69
Skull Cult in FoMK? o_O

lol naaaaa something new. prolly a group of hippy people with guns and drugs who have anime names :p........... atm i really dont have a clue i just wana do something really fucked up in fomk beta :D

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 18:29
you could call yourself nidhoggx (x=number) and go around censoring people

sanityislost
19-03-04, 18:31
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
you could call yourself nidhoggx (x=number) and go around censoring people

LMAO think that would be way to evil even for me :p

g0rt
19-03-04, 23:11
anyone that has seen the videos and information about wow know that its gonna be huge, some games are gonna have to pull up thier socks if they want to compete

blizzard is probably the best gaming company out there, they will NOT fuck up...theres not gonna be a lag spike, a crash or any other bullshit within the eyes view in wow retail.

the fact that blizzard runs battle.net for FREE, which is more stable and has less downtime then most pay-services, is astounding. when they get 10$/month out of every player playing thier game, the sky is the limit...its gonna be the new mark to hit for mmorpg producers.

ill be there, no question about it.

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 23:15
Originally posted by g0rt
anyone that has seen the videos and information about wow know that its gonna be huge, some games are gonna have to pull up thier socks if they want to compete

blizzard is probably the best gaming company out there, they will NOT fuck up...theres not gonna be a lag spike, a crash or any other bullshit within the eyes view in wow retail.

the fact that blizzard runs battle.net for FREE, which is more stable and has less downtime then most pay-services, is astounding. when they get 10$/month out of every player playing thier game, the sky is the limit...its gonna be the new mark to hit for mmorpg producers.

Exactly. That's what I've been telling ppl for long time.

g0rt
19-03-04, 23:18
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Exactly. That's what I've been telling ppl for long time.

Nibs just don't understand. You can walk up to some idiots and slap them in the face with the best game ever made, but they will stay blinded by thier biases.

Kinda sad.

Either way im sure theres gonna be 10+ servers with 2000+ people on each at wow launch, hopefully they will have a pvp server implamented right at launch.

Myrlin
19-03-04, 23:24

While I agree that Blizzard is a great game company and that they will do well with WoW, I have a hard time believing that they won't have any lag, crash, or other issues. Look at Diablo II, the lag on those servers is non-existant one day and unplayable the next. The majority of the lag is caused by hacking programs. I believe, or at least hope, that WoW will be more hack-proof than D2-LoD, but that doesn't mean that people won't try.

I hope I get into the beta, but if the servers lag like they do in D2 I doubt I'll stick around for long.

g0rt
19-03-04, 23:26
Originally posted by Myrlin
Look at Diablo II, the lag on those servers is non-existant one day and unplayable the next.

No one pays monthly for Diablo II. Blizzard runs battle.net for diablo ii becuase they are good company, but no ones paying for it so you gotta take what you can get.

Trust me...when people are paying monthly for a blizzard game, theres gonna be patches every 72 hours and very few server problems.

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 23:31
Nibs just don't understand. You can walk up to some idiots and slap them in the face with the best game ever made, but they will stay blinded by thier biases.

Kinda sad.

Either way im sure theres gonna be 10+ servers with 2000+ people on each at wow launch, hopefully they will have a pvp server implamented right at launch.

Yup. In case you haven't spotted a certain very informational - tho unofficial - site here (http://www.worldofwar.net/) it is.

And here (http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15526) an analyzis from WoW alpha tester. Amazing. You got to read it.

Anyways... I hope I wont see so many of you guys playing WoW. No offence guys but 75% of you just don't seem to see any difference between CS and NC.

KimmyG
19-03-04, 23:31
While I agree that Blizzard is a great game company and that they will do well with WoW, I have a hard time believing that they won't have any lag, crash, or other issues. Look at Diablo II, the lag on those servers is non-existant one day and unplayable the next. The majority of the lag is caused by hacking programs. I believe, or at least hope, that WoW will be more hack-proof than D2-LoD, but that doesn't mean that people won't try.

I hope I get into the beta, but if the servers lag like they do in D2 I doubt I'll stick around for long.

What did this cost you to play. The price of the game and thats it the rest was all free.

Bnet has it general fuck ups that people bitch about but hey its preety good for something that costs you nothing.

Like gort says if they make the money for the just the game and can run bnet so well imagine what they can do when they make the same profeit they did off diablo II and add $10/month

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 23:35

What??? How dare you compare that freaky kiddie dream game to a MMORPG. Diablo wasn't even NEAR a MMORPG title so drop that ok?

And WoW will not even need like 100ping or even near it. That's because the PvP is not FPS type (yes, you heard me. neocron is the only MMORPG which has FPS PvP). So you can still easily play WoW if your ping was like 300.

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 23:38
Originally posted by KimmyG
What did this cost you to play. The price of the game and thats it the rest was all free.

Bnet has it general fuck ups that people bitch about but hey its preety good for something that costs you nothing.

Like gort says if they make the money for the just the game and can run bnet so well imagine what they can do when they make the same profeit they did off diablo II and add $10/month

Yeah and the player count will be huge. I mean think of all the ppl who trust Blizzard and the ppl that are fanatic to their products. WoW will be total success.

Mattimeo
19-03-04, 23:45
I have nothing but the utmost respect for blizzard. They know how to make a game, and make it well. The only thing they've ever shown a problem with is getting balance right out of the box, but eventually they get balance down pretty well.

I think WoW will be an immense success, and I will most definatly be a part of it. They have built such an intensive background with the universe that the storylines, quests and future expansions couldn't possibly be bland. You know their story team has got to be working overtime to make sure the world is immersive and full of intresting things.

I could go probably go on about what WoW could be, but I'll just play the game and see what it is..

maybe they won;t drone on about an expansion that never comes out and about how it will fix the game :o

Estabin
20-03-04, 00:03
I am definately going to pick it up... I have been burned on a few launches of MMoRPGs like AO, AC2, Horizons and I promised myself I wouldn't pick up another one until a few months after launch but I am going to put faith into Blizzard and pre-order WoW...

Where is this Video you guys are talking about?

g0rt
20-03-04, 00:36
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Yup. In case you haven't spotted a certain very informational - tho unofficial - site here (http://www.worldofwar.net/) it is.

And here (http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15526) an analyzis from WoW alpha tester. Amazing. You got to read it.

Anyways... I hope I wont see so many of you guys playing WoW. No offence guys but 75% of you just don't seem to see any difference between CS and NC.

If theres a pvp server, thats where we'll be. We play to kill people, displease them and loot thier corpses...so you maybe you wont be down :rolleyes:

Myrlin
20-03-04, 00:55
If theres a pvp server, thats where we'll be. We play to kill people, displease them and loot thier corpses...so you maybe you wont be down :rolleyes:

WoW has PvP but its not as hardcore as NC's. You can find some info about griefing here (http://worldofwar.net/articles/visit2004/good_grief.php) about about PvP here (http://worldofwar.net/articles/visit2004/pvplayer.php).

g0rt
20-03-04, 01:10
WoW has PvP but its not as hardcore as NC's. You can find some info about griefing here (http://worldofwar.net/articles/visit2004/good_grief.php) about about PvP here (http://worldofwar.net/articles/visit2004/pvplayer.php).

PvP server should be better then regular server. Like the daoc pvp server, omg thats the win...

Clownst0pper
20-03-04, 01:36
Agree. Daoc PVP was shit hot, solid to get to level 50 tho, I had a level 50 soul blade, took me F O R E V E R

WoW looks fucking amazing, ABANDON SHIP! :lol:

K's bro-

g0rt
20-03-04, 01:51
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Agree. Daoc PVP was shit hot, solid to get to level 50 tho, I had a level 50 soul blade, took me F O R E V E R

WoW looks fucking amazing, ABANDON SHIP! :lol:

K's bro-

Only prob with daoc pvp was it was level based, not skill based...98% of hte time higher level > skill.

But with that beign said, there was no BS like soullight or "safe zones" or quickbelts or any lame carebear trash like that on the pvp server.

U kill the kim, u loot his shit, hes pissed. Thats how it should be.

Rade
20-03-04, 01:58
Everything Ive seen from WoW has been pure shit. Show me a
fantasy mmorpg with innovative combat and pvp/rp systems and
Im in but this tired 20 year old queue based combat system and
restricted pvp which inhibits"realism" and gameplay is just shit.

Shadow Dancer
20-03-04, 02:23
To me, kill stealing doesn't really exist in NC. Because you get XP per hit and how much damage you do.

EDIT: I love blizzard's attitude towards PKing and greifing.

I might play wow.

<3 blizzard

EDIT2: However, I don't like their rock/paper/scissors attitude towards pvp. They said they weren't balancing classes based on duels, :(, so whereas a mage might beat a fighter all the time a mage will always lose to a hunter. Booooo, that sucks.

I don't mind if certain classes to have a slight advantage or disadvantage versus another class in a duel, but this? :(

Mattimeo
20-03-04, 03:19
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
To me, kill stealing doesn't really exist in NC. Because you get XP per hit and how much damage you do.

EDIT: I love blizzard's attitude towards PKing and greifing.

I might play wow.

<3 blizzard

EDIT2: However, I don't like their rock/paper/scissors attitude towards pvp. They said they weren't balancing classes based on duels, :(, so whereas a mage might beat a fighter all the time a mage will always lose to a hunter. Booooo, that sucks.

I don't mind if certain classes to have a slight advantage or disadvantage versus another class in a duel, but this? :(

actually, I kinda like it, it means for GOOD PvP you need to work with other people.

Doc Holliday
20-03-04, 03:37
go blizzard. and nice postin gort. for once i agree. looks good. we will wait n see.

Zanathos
20-03-04, 03:52
DAMMIT!

I hate all americans now.....

stupid americans, they get friggin beta...

g0rt
20-03-04, 04:03
Originally posted by Zanathos
DAMMIT!

I hate all americans now.....

stupid americans, they get friggin beta...

Ya they get alot of things we don't :(

Like high murder rates for example :p

amfest
20-03-04, 04:12
when i saw this post I was thinking it mean wow as in excitment and that it was referring to BDOY us server beta. I was like OMG .. errr umm

*slaps self silly

Guess i'm not really interested in Worlds of Warcraft :P

Katherine
20-03-04, 07:10
I GOT IN BETA

oh wait i was in alpha ^___^

suler
20-03-04, 07:22
risk your life is in english beta too.